if you were God.

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (27 posts)
  1. topgunjager profile image60
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

If you were God, what would be your main reason for putting the people on this earth? Is it mainly to worship you? Or to have you do good deeds so you can earn the right to enter his kingdom? Which of these 2 options is more important to you? Which of these two acts would you reward more if you were God?

1. tantrum profile image61
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I were God I would give my back to mankind, and begin immediately with other creation. big_smile

2. kess profile image60
      kessposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only a misunderstanding of God will prompt such a question.

The purpose of men here is to establish the Kingdom oF God.

God's kingdom is established ay Good work from a pure heart established in Truth.

Once that is the Goal of a person he would therefore find himself and thus God.

3. meaningfuljewelry profile image62
      meaningfuljewelryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think God is more altruistic than the question presupposes.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol  lol  lol  lol  lol

4. Jerami profile image59
      Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The question as to why God would desire to create earth in the first place would be the question that I would ask God if I had but one to ask. You seem to have answered my question but limited the possibilities to but two answers.   neither of your choices given would be correct. He doesn't "NEED" to be worshiped, nor to have us do tricks for treats. He must have had another purpose??

1. profile image0
        Rick Marlowposted 14 years agoin reply to this

We are the only creation of God that He made in His image.We were the crown jewel of all His creations.He made us and breathed His breath in us.He wanted someone to hang out with and someone that would love Him just because they wanted to,Not because He created them to.He gave us free will to do as we pleased.Every other creation he made to do specific things for Him by command.But not us.He came daily and hung out with Adam in the garden until Adam sinned.

1. Jerami profile image59

That is a wonderful thought  BUT I, being an insignificant little speck in this species called humans; being resident upon this earth which is but a tiny speck in our solar system which is a tiny speck in the ever expanding universe; have a little trouble believing that MY GOD considers me to be his greatest achievement, his crown jewel.
              I do not believe that he needed anyone to hang out with.
              As far as we alone having free will? The angels have free will or Lucifer would not have been able to rebel.
             I think that somebody to hang out with may be true, but is a little short of being a complete answer for why HE should create all of this. There has gotta be more.

1. profile image0

well,according to the bible, and that`s where I accept my beliefs,That`s how it started.Personally,I think there are other civilizations of beings in our universe.Probably much more advanced than us.God must have seen value in what He has created and as we have just started to see and learn lately,it goes on for infinity.But He created in us a uniqueness that passes all other life on this planet at least.He made us,He loved us and He put us on a little planet in all this cosmos that sustaines itself.We didn`t have to do anything but eat,sleep and be merry.We just messed it up.There may be other creations out there to whom we`re just a grain of sand.But I believe it`s true that He made us for His pleasure,to love and enjoy.As far as the angels,they are created in certain orders and perform certain functions for God.I don`t think there was some great war in heaven and God chunked them all out.I believe that maybe for only 1/1,000,000th of a second they hesitated in their belief or worship of God and instantly they were cast out all at once.How they were able to sin exactly,I can`t explain. Jesus said,"I beheld satan cast fromHeaven,as lightning" Just my belief.

1. profile image0

I mean , don`t you make something sometimes that`s special to you? A model car or signed baseball.You set it apart from everything else because it has special meaning. Something you put your heart into? I just believe it`s that way with us. And He still loves us so much,He made a way to get us back,if we accept it.Really simple, for me anyway. I believe it.

2. Jerami profile image59

I do believe God created us. It is possible but I doubt that God SAID that he created us in his image. I would think that if God appears to any life form that he would appear in a similar form as to better commune with it. It would assume that it had the same life form as God therefore It must have been created in Gods image. I do not know??  I believe that mankind is Gods crown jewel concerning live on earth for he gave us dominion over it.
                  I can' help but to believe that there was a benefit and purpose for the creation through which joy and pleasure is a byproduct for God.  I think that we are the clay pot that the potter made for HIS pleasure and PURPOSE.
                 And that is a good thing !!

1. profile image0

See,you already understand what many can`t grasp.People say, why does God allow this or why do babies die.It`s because He wills it that way.He`s the boss.We are His creation, living on His planet, in His universe.He said that He created some vessels for honor and some for dishonor.But,He said,"Can the vessel say unto the potter,why hast thou made me thus?"That`s just a mystery we can`t explain.He says we won`t know until we see Him in death.

1. earnestshub profile image80
                  earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And the new medical procedures that snatch back life, I suppose is the devils work?
                  This is nonsensical to me.

5. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If I were God, I would have no feelings, therefore none of this human vermin would matter to me. No feelings, None!

6. chukra G profile image60
      chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

life is a gift, you no need to pay for your gift buddy smile
      first of all you no need to worship or find god,
      answer this simple question by yourself, what making us alive at the moment, definitely you must know, not cause brain right?? find that source, brain is just a tool for survive,it is not the real YOU.try to detach yourself from your brain, i am not a GURU, but you will find the answer 1 day when you met the right GURU.

2. Ron Montgomery profile image59
    Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years ago

if?

3. bearnmom profile image68
    bearnmomposted 14 years ago

God doesn't need rewarding nor does he ask for rewards.  The kingdom of God is open to all who follow his teachings.

1. Ron Montgomery profile image59
      Ron Montgomeryposted 14 years agoin reply to this

But I do accept gratuities.

4. TimTurner profile image69
    TimTurnerposted 14 years ago

I would end disease, famine and wars.  I would open up the entire universe for us to explore and live.

These restrictions that a "god" has created for us is ridiculous.

And there would be no worshiping me.  I don't have an ego.

Peace, love and happiness, baby!  (I sound like a hippie  haha)

5. GeneralHowitzer profile image66
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Hehehe you are already a small god dear friend, if you just know the scriptures... being like God on the other hand will make no difference from becoming Lucifer or the Satan, this is just my viewpoint though...

6. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

I question some peoples definition of worship. God does not say not to worship anything else. He says to not worship anything before or more than him. I changed this subject momentarily to lead to this.  Too many people including Christians worship life too much. We give too much significance to pain, suffering and death. Jesus showed us that the rewards in heaven are worth any amount of pain and suffering to attain the goal. A chunk of iron ore must go through the fire before it can be forged into a shiny sword. I didn't explain that correctly but I think that you get my point.

1. profile image0

I think you`re right Jerami.Sounds like you`ve got a better grasp on things than a good majority do.We`re supposed to value the goal so much, nothing else matters.The trying is what increases our faith in what we believe.Hang in there.

7. pioneer_writer5 profile image57
    pioneer_writer5posted 14 years ago

I would not aspire to or presume to try to say what I would do if I were God. And the Bible does give us a plethora of information to help us understand God. I think when we read and study the Bible and then look at ourselves we can better understand who and what God is. We are created with the desire to create, procreate and communicate. We are social creatures that need to interact with one another. In Genesis, it states that we are created in God's image. Since we cannot see him what does that mean? It means that we are endowed with his qualities. He shared himself with us and wants us to share ourselves with him. He loved us and all he really requires is that we love him and demonstrate that love.

1. profile image0

Excellent Pioneer,couldn`t have said it better.

8. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

Just one of many possibilities that my warped mind imagines as a possibility.  What if the Angels were beginning to have work fatigue and God wanted to combat that issue?  The angels needed a break from their duties in the heavenly plane.
      God created a vacation planet. For a little while an angel can forget everything and enjoy any kind of pleasure that they choose to on this earth. But we must abide by the rules of the establishment. And some don't!
       I know that this is not  THE TRUTH  but would make a descent twilight zone show.  I do think that there is some kind of reason for all of this that we are not aware of.

He did say to not let the left hand know everything what the right hand is doing.

1. profile image0
      Home Girlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

---Something or Somebody created us - all different and all the same. You can call IT different names, it will probably will be mistery for ever just the same. If I were God in a meaning most people put to Him (The Creator), I would definitely let people live long and happy life and not suffer that much.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey Homegirl,

Didn't you know you were meant to live a long and happy life. It is the people around you that do not allow you to do so.

What makes each person different, yet the same, is our own individual consciousness and conscience.

Our consciousness allows each person to realize their own existence. If it wasn't for your consciousness you wouldn't even know or understand that you are alive or well.

Many seek external guidance from other authorities, because they themselves refuse to accept FULL responsibility for their life, because they don't realize that they are in control of their own life. What makes that possible is your consciousness, because you can think for yourself, step back from what is going on around you, evaluate what's happened and form thoughts for which you can act on.

If you couldn't realize your own existence, then you would be no different than a dog or a cat, which are guided by an external authority we call nature.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)