What the best thing you cook

Jump to Last Post 1-25 of 25 discussions (58 posts)
  1. queelah profile image60
    queelahposted 14 years ago

the best thing I cook is shrimp alfredo when I make it gone as soon as I put the pan down . I also make a good mac& cheese america's fav food . It takes me about 30 min to do the steps well worth it . It comes out creamy and chessey. What the best dish you make.

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i cook the best pot roast i (and my family and friends say) have ever had. my secret ingredient is a can of stewed tomatoes. it just makes it so savory and yummy. i add that with the beef broth after i sear it and cook it for two hours then add carrots and potatoes and it makes a nice sauce...

2. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

roasted whole chicken, with all the fixin's, including homemade giblet gravy...
    or grilled t-bone, salad and homemade blue cheese
    or beef stew and biscuits..mmmm..im so hungry now...
    I too make a pretty mean mac n cheese..so easy and one heck of a comfort food!!

3. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

I used to make a mean bowl of red hot chili...now the ol' stomach can't quite take it...even the slightest amount of chili sad (But...I still go out on a chili-eating binge...every now and then!)

Justine76...just made me extremely hungry...let me see what's for lunch here?

1. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

first, I cooked bacon, drained most of the fat from the pan, and left a little bit...sauteeed an onin, and then added homegrown chicken breast chunks. once the chicken wasnt pink, added some wine, cream of chicken soup, basil, garlic powder, and chicken broht..also homegorwn.... stir it all up and put it on top of rotini. yum.
      and I make the best chilli in my neck of the woods.

4. profile image0
    bloodnlatexposted 14 years ago

Don't tease me now Justine.  I just got a crappy burger from the cafe.

1. profile image0

sorry 'bout that. it is really what I am eating...right now..  wink
      I got venison in the crockpot..told ya, I can cook!! I make do wiht what I have.

1. profile image0
        bloodnlatexposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And it sounds like you do quite well...

2. manlypoetryman profile image81
        manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can you put two extra plates out at the supper table for us...Myself and bloodnlatex?

1. profile image0

I'm there!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
            prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you want one too? go to TEXAS

2. prettydarkhorse profile image63

sure!!

1. manlypoetryman profile image81

http://www.conemangler.com/roadrunnerr.JPG (Dust cloud left with my silohoutte!)

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63

manlypoetryman> thats a cute one again,

to myownworld: hi, how are you today? can you gimme Indian curry too, please...

1. myownworld profile image73
                myownworldposted 14 years agoin reply to this

sure pretty....just tell me when....! smile

3. profile image0

no problem. any requests? I adore cooking for people!!!! Myhouse is tiny, but Ihtink I can quezze yall in...

1. Eaglekiwi profile image74
            Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just clicked......duhhhh well y know Im always gonna be there , even if its cheese n crackers lol

1. profile image0

beer is good
              I can make you some doughboys, fried!! with cinnamon sugar and all.  smile

Requests? ...well that venison...sounds great for starters...! Shoot...I'm not picky especially...if someone knows how to cook!

1. profile image0

its gonna be stew, with carrots and taters. nothing fancy but it sure warms ya up!!

2. queelah profile image60
      queelahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Lol

5. Army Infantry Mom profile image61
    Army Infantry Momposted 14 years ago

Homemade Pizza !!!!

6. archdaw profile image58
    archdawposted 14 years ago

The best dish I make according to my kids:
    Pan Fried Chicken Wings

7. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

I cooked asian noodle this morning pho vietnamese beef noodle yummy, put a little bit chili..

8. Michael Willis profile image68
    Michael Willisposted 14 years ago

Casseroles..especially spicy ones. My Mexican-Italian casserole and Macaroni & Cheese Taco Bake casserole are the two that people always ask more of.

9. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Seafood and good ol' Southern cuisine!

10. myownworld profile image73
    myownworldposted 14 years ago

hot indian curry....

1. profile image0

hmmm
      do you make vegetarian with beans or with chicken or..I love curry....

11. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Roast Lamb and Rosemary herb bread smile

12. shriash profile image60
    shriashposted 14 years ago

crispy pancake.

13. myownworld profile image73

now wouldn't it be something if all us hubbers could meet some place for lunch/dinner?? I think I wouldn't eat a thing!

1. profile image0

well yeah, that would be one crazy party..pretty sure its been disscussed and I think darkside is getting it worked out, if he ever wins the lottery.  smile

14. myownworld profile image73

I can do any kind of curry...vegetable..chicken..whatever u like...u get those cinnamon doughboys ready and we all make it there...! smile

1. profile image0

sweet!!!!!!

15. profile image0
    Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years ago

ramen noodles! Any flavour, so who's hungry?

u too joining us then? (just need a mental list to get enough plates ready..)

1. profile image0
        Am I dead, yet?posted 14 years agoin reply to this

=] thanks!

16. manlypoetryman profile image81

Alright...then it's  settled...we're all meeting somewhere for lunch!

17. myownworld profile image73

great! now let's see who's got a private jet?

18. manlypoetryman profile image81

I'll carry as many as I can on the tractor...Shoot...I'll even hook up the Ol' flatbed trailer...but, I got to throw all the hay bails off first!

honey you've got to hurry...at that rate u'll never make it to london (having done the States)..and the dinner's getting cold...!

1. profile image0

I'll eat anything, as long as it is bloody

bloody hell!! wink (now where did u emerge from??)

1. profile image0

The slaughter house....I mean a meeting in my bosses office

well...u kinda startled me...was in the middle of cooking some curry....
              so what's the boss after? don't tell me he knows u spend all your time here?? yikes

1. profile image0

Nothing like that, it was just a project meeting. 

And I could think about nothing other than you and Justine cooking....

lol..u sure it was just cooking? wink

1. profile image0

Of course it was.  What else could I be thinking about with two beautiful women and food?

yikes "Oh no...in that case forget the tractor...and the flatbed...It's every man, woman, and child...for themselves!

My Mama used to say that the one thing you could never call me was: "Late for dinner!" "

lol...what? u deserting us at the 11th hour?

(mmm...cosette...bring that along...!)

19. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago
  20. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I make a good lasagna. I don't cook much because I prefer to cook for other people rather than just my husband and myself. But when I do cook for guests, I'm always experimenting.

21. profile image58
    jlspartzposted 14 years ago

Mac and cheese, LOL  It's sad.  It's a good thing my wife can cook.

22. Anath profile image62
    Anathposted 14 years ago

strawberries and whipped cream!

23. myownworld profile image73

havent a clue darling! hmm
    (though anath just dropped us a hint!!)

24. digitalmethods profile image60
    digitalmethodsposted 14 years ago

I just put my favorite recipe up on this here site.

Joined to brag about this delicious recipe.  So have a look... It doesn't sound that good but Chicken with Walnuts and Prunes it is...

Its got an exotic Persian name too but I'm too lazy to go upstairs and look it up.

1. queelah profile image60
      queelahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Humm dosent sound that good at all will try it

25. Purple Perl profile image49
    Purple Perlposted 14 years ago

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)