Need New Pork Chop Receipe

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (21 posts)
  1. archdaw profile image59
    archdawposted 14 years ago

I took out pork chops to cook but, I am always frying them.  Need a new way to cook these chops tonight.  Please give me ingredients also.  Thank you!

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

do you have some mushroom soup, cook with it, put carrots if you like, or put some carrots again, red pepper and ketchup and cooked it, boil it first so that they will be tender, if tender put either your choice...

2. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

do your chops have bones?

archdawposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes!

3. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One of the problems with pork is how long you have to cook it for a germ free meal. This often means a dry, juice-less cut. To combat that I use a marinade. Here's the recipe.

1 Cup cool strong coffee
      6 ounces molasses
      2 Tablespoon cider vinegar
      1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
      2 Cloves garlic, minced
      1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
      6 to 8 sprigs fresh thyme
      1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
      1 teaspoon salt (kosher or sea)
      4 to 6 eight ounce chops

Mix the ingredients in a bowl and then transfer to a one gallon ziplock bag. Place the chops in the bag and marinade for at least two hours.

Cook as usual, grilling is great, and serve. Yummy and good and moist.

You can also transfer the marinade from the bag into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Once at the boil reduce the heat to a simmer and cook, uncovered, until you have about 1/2 cup left. This may take 12 to 15 minutes.

Remove the thyme and voila you have a glaze for your chops.

4. profile image57
      C.J. Wrightposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Get a baking bag, season to taste. Add Potatoes and Carrots....bake at 350

2. Aya Katz profile image84
    Aya Katzposted 14 years ago

You can prepare them with sweet potatoes. Fried or baked, just as good.

3. archdaw profile image59

Hey Aya, hows it going?  I have had it with potatoes, but never sweet ones.  That's an option I will leave open.  I have until 3:30 Pm to pick the winning receipe.

4. Jane@CM profile image60
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Do you like tomatoes?  One of my pork chop recipes is so easy:

Brown pork chops
    Place in baking dish
    Pour one can of Italian stewed tomatoes or diced tomatoes over the chops.  If you don't have Italian, just add some Italian spices to the tomatoes.
    You can also add chopped green pepper and onions to the tomatoes.

Cover and bake one hour at 350 degrees.

Sounds yummy and so easy.  Like a just set it and forget it (lol) Thank you.

1. Jane@CM profile image60
        Jane@CMposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Its SO easy.  I often do it in the crock pot too and let them cook all day.  If you want, add shredded cheese to the top for 5 more minutes smile

5. archdaw profile image59

Prettydarkhorse, I know I have Traditional Clam Chowder soup and I know I have babby carrots, ketchup and red peppers at home.  Would the chowder do instead of the muchroom?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yes

6. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

my husband made a beautiful dish yesterday

peppers, mushrooms black peppercorns, a beautiful low calorie sauce, of your choice put it all in oven ...... serve with rice, or baked or sweet potatoe, glass of wine, followed by a cuddle........

Now my shopping list just got a little bit bigger.I have to go to the supermarket and get Peppercorn and cream of mushroom soup.  To tell you the truth I never cooked with Peppercorn.

7. wrenfrost56 profile image57
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

mmmmm I am salivating they all sound sooo good! I love pork chops, I usually grill them until cooked through and brown, then place apple sauce on top, then greated cheese on top of that, then grill again until the cheese is crisp. I'm so hungry. smile

Oh, my. I never heard of that one.  I just added apples and apple sause to my list and cheese.  Anny particular type of cheese?

1. wrenfrost56 profile image57
        wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I use extra mature chedder, but any will do. smile

8. archdaw profile image59

Ok everyone thank you so much and the winner of my Pork Chop dish tonight is.....EVERYONE!!!

I am going to incorparate a little off everyones menu and we will call it "Hub Nob Pork Chops" (If it taste good.)

Jane@CM=         Season with Italian spices then brown
    Poetlorraine=    Add peppercorn to seasoning
    Prettydarkhorse= Put in baking pan,with Carrots and red Pepers
    archdaw=         Pour Clam Chowder over entire thing
    Aya Katz=        Throw in sweet potatoes with skin in the oven
    Everyone=        Bake at 350 for 15-20 Minutes.
    Jwrenfrost56=    Cut up cheese and apples for desert.

I'll let you know by 7pm how it went.  Again I thank you for comming to my aide.

9. archdaw profile image59

OK, The family thought it was a sucsuess.  Mixing the tomatoes and red Bell Peppers gave the Clam Chowder a redish sause instead of a bland white sause.  We did good!!!!

10. Jack Burton profile image78
    Jack Burtonposted 14 years ago

There's something about a pork chop that brings out the creative side of my cooking. This is a recipe that I came up with one evening while waiting for my lovely wife to come home from work.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Jacks-World-Fam … lack-Beans

While this pork chop recipe is great anytime of the year there's something about it that just screams "Autumn" to me. Every time I fix it I re-live memories of falling leaves, cool days and chilly nights, and knowing that summer is over for this year.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Sweet-and-Sour-Pork

My lovely wife is from the Philippines, and this old farm boy from southern Illinois had to learn to eat a lot of strange food that I had never dreamed existed.

You'll have to cut your chops into smaller pieces for this recipe but it is well worth it.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Filipino-Adobo- … r-the-Gods

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)