What would you do?

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (14 posts)
  1. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

So I've had this one unregistered person keep posting on one of my hubs. First it started out civil until I misunderstood a phrase he said. To which I was rudely spoken to and told that I know nothing. Then the comment conversation continued to where I was still civil (well as civil as I could be) considering he told me that my dog had a nice face and she'll be lucky if she doesn't get it ripped off and shredded, and I must not fight my dogs. Then he proceeded to call me a stupid b**** and that I'm an idiot, a fraud, etc. all under a different name that was "you fraud." then under his name, he proceeded to again tell me that i'm stupid because I misunderstood the phrase that previously referred to, and proceeded to take what I said out of context from dogs and referenced to roosters.

I'd accepted all of the comments except the ones where I was personally attacked, which has totalled to 3 at this point.

He said that he's bookmarked my hub to use on forums as a bad place to get information because I'm a fraud and obviously don't have personal experience with what I'm talking about. Again experience I've never claimed, and had previously stated that it was pure research and not experience as I'd never fight dogs much less any animal.

But, anyway... What would you do in the situation?

I'm actually very hurt but the whole situation.

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sounds a lot like a hubber named Mohit, who does the same things.  I am sorry that you are being treated like that.  You can block him from contacting you, and then you will have to block him everytime he uses a different alias. 
      I have tried myself to get these people to go away, but I guess hubpages feels that it is the right of the reader to make comments like such in which case I think that hub pages should reconsider and do something about it, but I haven't seen it yet.  But it's not my sight so what can we do? 

I would just suggest that you don't let it get to you too much even though words do hurt, obviously this person has issues so I wouldn't take it personally.  Cheer up girl, don't let a jerk get the better of you. 

smile

2. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

If I honestly don't like someone or am offended by their website or webpage, I don't actively promote them like this fool is doing.

Don't worry about it, your traffic will climb and after the intelligent ones read your hubs they'll wonder what this other guy has been smoking.

3. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Personally I would keep a copy of everything this guy has said to you. For several reasons. have you ever seen in a search engine where you can mark a url as spam? He may do that and you will have to explain to the search engine your side of the story and you will need evidence.

I would also make a report to the police as ripping a dogs face off sounds quite intimidating to me. Sounds a bit over the top I know, but there are serious cases around and you have to do everything to protect yourself. The internet is not a harmless environment and one does have to take care.

2. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 15 years ago

I think it's easy for an anonymous commentor to comment like anything. You can alter your comment settings so that only registered users can leave comments. Or simply ignore the happenings and try to be normal as usual smile

3. jimmythejock profile image83
    jimmythejockposted 15 years ago

Flag the commenter as spam and hub will block them from posting comments.....jimmy

4. Whitney05 profile image84
    Whitney05posted 15 years ago

Thanks guys..

Jimmy, how many comments of his do I have to mark as spam in order for him to be stopped from leaving comments on my hub?

Yea, darkside he apparently didn't like that I don't like dog fighters. I wonder why.. lol.. I don't know any animal loving person who agrees with fighting dogs... Somehow he took what I said about dogs and flipped it towards all animals, including fighting roosters. I never would have put the two things together in a hub about dogs unless I was guilty of one or the other or both.

His comments just really upset me. He was really offended by what I said towards people who fight dogs in a comment to him, which is what led to the 2 long and offensive comments back.

1. darkside profile image65
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Then there's a lot of decent people in the world that he's not going to like.

5. Health Conscious profile image61
    Health Consciousposted 15 years ago

There are some really strange individuals out there - It has nothing to do with you so make the remembrance go away. Do not give him the satisfaction of allowing it to continue to upset you.

The several post of yours I have read so far have been great reading and I enjoyed them.

6. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

I'd spam him and delete all the comments of his you'd previously approved :its your hub - u don't need to put up with that crap.  If he really is going to give u free what links - well thats good for SEO and guy is stupid aswell as a jerk !

7. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

I think it would be good if someone wrote a Hub showing how many good pet Hubbers we have here such as Whitney.  I made a thread about that.

8. Mark Knowles profile image58
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Whitney - I would take it as a compliment. You obviously wrote something that hit a nerve. Good for you smile

Unfortunately, when you express a strong opinion on something, there are bound to be people who disagree with what you have to say. I would even leave his comments attacking you personally in place - it will just serve to show what a wanker this guy is, and every comment added is a bonus as far as popularity and traffic goes. You might even get a good argument going on the hub. Good for traffic big_smile

And if he is stupid enough to be leaving links to your hub, he clearly doesn't understand how the internet works.

You have to wonder at the intelligence of anyone who publicly advocates dog fighting as a sport anyway. I.Q. level?

1. weblog profile image57
      weblogposted 15 years agoin reply to this

More comments = More attention = More traffic(hot hub!)...Wow, feels great Mark big_smile

2. Whitney05 profile image84
      Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have copied the offensive posts. He does fight dogs; he's actually just admitted it to me in another comment. I left his last two comments as they were civil for the most part. He said that he needs to stop offending me because I deleted all his comments! HA!!! I told him the first time that I deleted the one comment because he attacked me and he responded back with two very long and worse comments; then basically said that it was nothing and he's going to have to try really hard not to offend me as he didn't say anything wrong... I have it all print screened. lol.. Then he proceeded to tell me that I must have gotten a clue and reworded my statement, when all I did was clarify what he misinterpretted. How do you get rooster out of dog?! Whatever.. Then he had the nerve to ask for a better picture of my dog! H*LL NO!

If I could report him, I would.

Mark, I only expressed my opinion towards him. The hub was as factual as the research I put towards it. But, apparently all my sources were wrong, to include statements from a famous Pit Fighter. He's not leaving links. I wish I had a way to track him and pinpoint who is is other than his supposid name being "doug," as he has admitted to fighting roosters and dogs.

Before he admitted to his experience with fighting dogs, I told him that I hoped he didn't fight as karma's a b*t*h, which is what set him off I think. Then I expressed how I feel that anyone who fights animals needs to have a sad horrible life with a long and painful death. He didn't like that much either. lol

My question is if a person really has so much experience fighting dogs, why would he be googling it? I don't research the stuff I'm pretty fluent in. I dunno...

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)