Google De-ndexing Hubs

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (59 posts)
  1. SunSeven profile image61
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Dear Hub Team,

Google has de-indexed one of my hubs http://hubpages.com/hub/Optimizing-Fire … And-Tweaks . How do I get Google to index this page once again? I also like to know what is wrong with this hub and what could be the possible reason for it to disappear from google search results.

Thanks and regards

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

You are not alone:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/3851#post30544

No answer as yet I'm afraid

1. ProCW profile image79
      ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey Mark... I found your culprit...

Searched google with...

"Nobody could argue anything other than the Apple iPhone was the best new cell phone released in 2007."

and the expanded the results... bottom of the results came up with...

http://marcus1234.wordpress.com/2008/04 … tech-toys/

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

No - I added that inlink after the hub was penalised. It didn't help.

1. ProCW profile image79
          ProCWposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hmmm.....

3. SunSeven profile image61

The hub is currently the first one on yahoo http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Optimi … mp;fr=moz2  and MSN http://search.live.com/results.aspx?q=O … orm=CHROME
    Previously it was at the first spot on google too sad
    Is google penalizing Hubs in favor of knol?

4. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

SunSeven... that page is still indexed... but so are...

http://technews-watcher.blogspot.com/20 … weaks.html

&

http://sumurbatu.blogspot.com/2008/07/o … fox-3.html

Which came first, the chicken or the egg? big_smile

Bad joke... hehe... What should be done?

5. Mark Knowles profile image59

I have tried removing all the Amazon ads as well. No go.

I am getting traffic from Yahoo so I added the Amazon back.

I am stumped.

SunSevenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ditto sad

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Well
    It is definitely still indexed: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en& … gle+Search

You are probably experiencing yet another Google dance. How long does the problem persist?

Thanks Misha,. I think no google visitors on the hub since a week or so. But this is really strange. When I checked the site:operator and the info:operator a little while ago it wasn't showing at all!

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I saw Paul or Maddie mentioning Google problems in some other thread. I personally am fine so far, but I had some terrible time last year for about two weeks when Google did this to my main money-making page. It came back, though smile But I am actively diversifying since big_smile

This has been going on for months.

All it has done is persuade me I should not rely on google for traffic, so I have been seeking other sources. Best result this month is 40,000 page views on one page without search engine or social networks big_smile

And who knew MSN live could send so much traffic if you hit it just right?

7. Mark Knowles profile image59

Mine is still indexed too. It is just on page 709 sad

I have not reproduced it anywhere else either...... big_smile

8. ProCW profile image79
    ProCWposted 15 years ago

Really weird.

9. Mark Knowles profile image59

Sunseven - if you work out how to fix it, please let me know. big_smile

Sure Mark. Although trying out new things to fix this, I am afraid I am of little help right now. sad

10. SunSeven profile image61

I hope things will be back to normal soon. I am afraid of the Google slap which squidoo suffered some time back.

11. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I wish it comes back both to you and Mark, and to whoever else is affected smile

12. Jennifer Bowman profile image60
    Jennifer Bowmanposted 15 years ago

I seem to be suffering, too. I was getting 300+ visitors per day to my nipple piercing Hub, and yesterday there were just 21.

13. Lissie profile image76
    Lissieposted 15 years ago

There is a PR toolbar update happening at the moment - maybe stuff will settle down in a day or 2

14. SunSeven profile image61

On the spot Mark! The traffic from other sources to my hub in question made sufficient adjustments in the stats page smile
    (Not in terms of revenue sad )

15. Mark Knowles profile image59

There is no question search engine traffic converts better, but I have 2 hubs like this. I wrote 3 at the same time. 1 is fine and gets good traffic from google. The other 2 were fine, then one day wham! No google traffic and they are both down in the 700s for a search result. I have no idea why.

I checked all the webmaster forums and all they ever talk about is "gaming" the system - what you have to do to squeeze past the rules - much like some of the internet marketing guys do here.

I don't do that. I write it and away I go. All original, no trying to trick the system.

But I can get penalized too. So........

16. gogetter profile image61
    gogetterposted 15 years ago

You're not alone, one of my hubs disappeared about  a month ago, and is still mia.  At a stage it was no 1 and now its gone sad  As a result my traffic has halved).  Hopefully there is a way to solve this

17. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

I do not think its a Google slap. My hub 1on40 is still page 1 number 2 and has been since it was published.

Pity it doesn't convert well. Anyway, you guys may be looking at another issue besides a slap.

18. Mark Knowles profile image59

If you have any other ideas, I am open terryg. I tried what you suggested before and removed the Amazon ads. After about 6 weeks I added them back - made no difference either way sad

19. profile image0
    terrygposted 15 years ago

I guess its the same old again, link link and link.

20. Mark Knowles profile image59

Thanks terryg. Unfortunately, I have done all that. I have left comments, generated links and still - down on page 709 sad

I have another I wrote at the same time which is fine, but these two are dead to google. But not to yahoo or MSN lol

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I liked your comment about other traffic sources. With 40k from MSN I would not worry about G.

21. Mark Knowles profile image59

lol

I guess I am not explaining very well.

Do a google search for "five best iphone cases" without the quotation marks and see what you find big_smile

The 40,000 was not from a search engine - that was something else. smile

1. profile image0
      terrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I have a plan.

One thing I do not see is the keyword with quotes from any other source. I personally would start a new free blogger blog titled the keyword, lens, and every other social bookmark just with that keyword phrase only.

That may help you.

2. jyuva profile image59
      jyuvaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Thats look good Mark on second position big_smile

lol

That is a different hub which has a link to the lost one. Not the lost one. big_smile

22. SunSeven profile image61

I guess we all miss insights from the team. smile

23. Isabella Snow profile image85
    Isabella Snowposted 15 years ago

This is how I have re-indexed my hubs that somehow became un-indexed:

Put the full url in the google search box, click search.

At the bottom of the page will be Google links. One says "Dissatisfied? Help us improve."

Click on it, it takes you to a new page. Fill in the box, answer the question, and enter the URL in the URL box provided below.

I dont know what that is actually meant to be used for, but I was certainly dissatisfied with the results not showing my hub. I typically would say something like, "this url was indexed 24 hours ago but no longer is, for some reason."

My hubs were always re-indexed within 48 hours.

I did that something like 10 times and it always worked -- dunno if it was coincidence or not. I haven't done it for awhile, though.

Maybe it will help some of you.

Hugs and Kisses Isa smile I will try that and post the result to your mail box
      Warm Regards

24. Isabella Snow profile image85

I hope it helps smile

25. Mark Knowles profile image59

Thanks Isabella - I will try that. Although mine are still indexed they are just buried in the back of beyond for any sort of search result. I have tried everything else, so it can't hurt smile

26. topstuff profile image60
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Dont worry toomuch guys

27. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 15 years ago

Always taking time to see who are your competing sites that could have knocked you further down the search results and re optimize your hubs accordingly could be applied in the form of a hub page audit.

The mysteries of the google algorythm annoy me, but also inspire me to crack it one day!!

28. profile image56
    sciguyposted 15 years ago

Not that this will be particularly helpful to anyone, but I experienced the same thing with my (single) hub. I spent a fair amount of time putting together a little article on spacecraft designs that the US or Russia worked on but that got canceled when the spacecraft was only partly completed. http://hubpages.com/hub/Spaceships-That-Never-Were

For a few days it didn't show up at all on google (ok, no surprise - it takes a while for it to get indexed). Then it appeared on google, and was the first result for some of the names of the specific spaceships. Now, a few days later still, it doesn't seem to appear AT ALL for many of the ship names. I wasn't really expecting to make any money off of it, but it's annoying that I worked on the article and now it appears that people who search on the topic will never see it...

29. Eric Graudins profile image59
    Eric Graudinsposted 15 years ago

This may be of interest to you all.
    It's about proxy hacking, which basically means that google doesn't get to see the content on your site.

It's unlikely to be  the cause of your problems, because it's usually done to high profile sites, and apparently Google fixed the flaw in May 08.

But who knows ??

http://www.seofaststart.com/blog/google-proxy-hacking

It's a long discussion, but a relevant part about how to tell if you've been proxy hacked is about 6 screens down.

Its seems too technical for me. Anyway I don't think its possible for a hubber to implement all that codes on hubs in question sad

I have tried what Isa has suggested. Waiting for the results

30. Mark Knowles profile image59

That is interesting, although it doesn't seem to apply to me. I have tried Isabella's suggestion and am waiting to see if that helps.

31. SunSeven profile image61

Its still the same. Nothing has improved. Paul?, Jason?, Anyone?

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
      pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I don't have any great answer.  It's always a bit of a mystery the way Google operates.

Any suggestions, however wild? I am thinking of something. Perhaps, can I mail you with details?

1. pauldeeds profile imageSTAFF
          pauldeedsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sure, you can email me.

32. SunSeven profile image61

Sent you a mail Paul (to team@hubpages.com). Looking forward to your views.

33. profile image51
    5linxGlobalOptionposted 15 years ago

HI! My website has a / forward slash and it won't accept it when I sign up. WHAT SHOULD I DO? IT'S MY ONLY WEBSITE.

1. darkside profile image64
      darksideposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I've got no idea what you're asking about.

34. spuds profile image60
    spudsposted 15 years ago

I wouldn't panic. Sometimes Google does this. I'm sure it will re-appear soon.

35. SunSeven profile image61

Good News! I am back in the search again smile http://www.google.co.in/search?num=20&a … &meta=

Feels A Lot Better big_smile

edit: Bad news too sad Its already stolen! http://technews-watcher.blogspot.com/20 … weaks.html

36. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL, take it easy, buddy, just report them to adsense big_smile

Coming back up is much more significant event - congratulations!

Thanks Misha smile

37. Isabella Snow profile image85

SunSeven -- Is the hub that is re-listed one that you tried my suggestion with??

38. SunSeven profile image61

Yes Isa. I did what you suggested( among some other things, like submitting it to non-english search engines and directories). I do not know which worked. Thanks a1000 for you to suggest what you did. smile

Warm Regards

39. Health Conscious profile image61
    Health Consciousposted 15 years ago

Sometimes it is enlightening to look at things from the opposite viewpoint.

Google has the responsibility to provide the absolute best results it can possibly find. They spend enormous amounts of time thinking about how to best devise a program which can look at factors and say this is relevant to the words searched.

They can not understand the words as far as putting together a thought pattern so there has to be other clues. Figuring this out is what drives SEO, however effective that can be. As more try to figure out the workings the more they have to change to keep any one from dominating.

The other factor not often thought of and many times totally disagreed about from the sites standpoint, is a simple fact of how long do you allow one site to dominate the front page especially if there are millions contending for the spot.

If I was involved in making a fair search engine I would every so often scramble the whole thing, thus allowing for others to rise higher. I have noticed that about the same time periods that there are new page rank settings, there are many shakeups.

Only real solution, change enough to be considered a new page or create a new outlook entirely and enjoy the ride.

To expect one page to continue as a reliable revenue source is a great dream, however if you consider all the rest that want to be in the same spot, it is not fair.

Like all aspects of life, keep producing so that there is always another one growing as one declines.

Some say life is fleeting, I say the more fleetings you can input into your life the more fun you have.

40. profile image56
    fun2hubposted 14 years ago

I read somewhere that google partially/completely de-indexes some blogs, does it still happen to hubs also?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)