I failed ._.

Jump to Last Post 1-15 of 15 discussions (31 posts)
  1. profile image0
    blatvaposted 14 years ago

Remember that job I interviewed for?  I called back, and I guess I failed their test...

It doesn't make any sense >.<  The test was mostly math. Math that I knew all the answers to, AND double checked every one.

I've been unemployed 6 months now... And I just.. I'm running out of options.

Whats the longest you've been out of work?  sad

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I was out of work for 3-4 years. I'm saddened to hear that you didn't get the job. sad hmm

2. tobey100 profile image61
      tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Two years.  Was almost suicidal.  Hang in there though.

3. profile image0
      Ken R. Abellposted 14 years agoin reply to this

blatva - I am so sorry you didn't get that job.

In the early to mid-eighties I was actively unemployed several times, with more than one six month stretch in there.

In that time I learned lots of important life lessons.  Failing some employer's test did not make me a failure.  Refusing to pick myself up & keep kicking made me a failure.

Here's some gut-level facts: Sometimes life sucks & sometimes it sucks bigtime.  Yet...as long as we're breathing & the sun keeps coming up tomorrow, we get to keep kicking.

Hang in there & connect with people you trust who can be an encouragement to you.  DO NOT beat yourself up.  Others will only too gladly do that for you.

I will pray for an opportunity to come your way.

4. falcon64 profile image58
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have no work for almost 6 months now. We move here since June of 2009. Thanks God, yesterday interviewed of mine is great.I will start tomorrow as a service tech. Far away on what job I am aiming for. But it's a great start for me.

For you, don't give up. Try and try.....Goodluck!

5. manlypoetryman profile image82
      manlypoetrymanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

blatva...it is hard work to land a job...get back up...dust yourself off...and go tackle the next interview. Shoot...it was that companies loss for not hiring you...Now go get 'em!

6. profile image0
      Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

9 years now.
      I have been staying home with the kids.
      But for your situation, lots of times, companies post jobs, to be legal and all that, but they already have somebody they intend for the position, so everyone "fails"..its all a technicality..not your fault at all..just a cruel game. Your not out of options, but you may have to look outside your comfort zone? just dont give up and dont feel like you failed. I have a feeling your one smart chica, and you will hang in there.

1. profile image0
        Justine76posted 14 years agoin reply to this

PS, your on my hotties list, and your score is higher then mine.  smile

7. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

10 years and counting

8. falcon64 profile image58
      falcon64posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Do I say...you didn't failed on that interviewed of yours. It was happen that there is someone really fit on the qualification the company looking for. On the first place if the Company calls you for an interview....means you are a lucky one. You are on the bracket of 25-40% of their choice. Some of percentages goes to Interview and do I say examination. I give you some clue...that might be can help you a little.

If a one company lay down all what they had on front of you on the first place. Means....they are aspiring you as one of their Employees. But if the interviews goes like... they wanted you to lay down every things on you. Like selling yourself to the Employer. You have a 50-50 chances.

Be careful and honest on answering the Interviewer. Meet him/her on eye contact always.

9. torimari profile image68
      torimariposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Blatva, I don't know where you are from, but everywhere jobs and interviews are tougher atm.

I've been out of work for almost 5 months, after I got my English degree and finished a great internship.

Me and my friends have been rejected many times. It took most of my friends, with degrees ranging from Business to HR, 8-9 months to get just TEMP jobs.

Don't feel bad and keep trying. You are not alone, believe me~!smile

10. Actioncameron profile image60
      Actioncameronposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Think of it this way...The job didn't get you now get the hustle on... the world is full of opportunity..good luck and go get em!!!

11. profile image0
      Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

i've been out of work since april 2009.  unless you want to count my part time job.  however, even that's not enough without my unemployment benefits.  don't worry, as your not the only person struggling in this recession.  we all are.  however, the best advice i can give you is to keep your chin up and stay positive.  besides, nobody knows what the future holds for either of us.

12. profile image0
      B.C. BOUTIQUEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

since put on permanent disability in 2006..I will never get to really work again, just have my hobbies that I can do at home....but thats life

2. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Something will turn up. I've been out of work since July '07 but I keep hoping and until then I keep writing and expanding my online options.

1. profile image0
      blatvaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've been trying to do the same, But Working online just isn't working out all that well...
      I'm really just getting kinda frustrated is all..

3. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

It's hard in these times to get a job. We are all afraid of losing our jobs.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Since 2005 smile

And it took me a couple of years since starting online to see serious results. smile

5. maguijo profile image61
    maguijoposted 14 years ago

You are a very good writer!!!! I just read some of your hubs, and was impressed. Your photos are good too...why not write some hubs on photography? I would love to read those, and hopefully learn something...
    Just as an example, google geofflawrence. His website is a giant money-maker. I happen to be familiar with it because it has great tutorials on DSLR, so I spend a lot of time there. Look at what he does, how he does it....he writes a tutorial on a topic, and at the end of every tutorial, he recommends books (conveniently on Amazon, where he has an affiliate account) for further education.
    Since you're also an artist, how about some tutorials on drawing? If you can write more commercialized hubs about something you enjoy writing about, you'll see more click-throughs and revenue.
    You have some very useful and valuable information/skills to share, and the ability to write well. With that combination, you CAN make money at this.
    I lost my job in 2008, and went freelance. I'm doing ok. There have been many lean months, but there have been some great ones too. The worst part is paying my own taxes. uuughh.
    Hang in there kiddo!

6. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

One thing i learned from hubbers, don't think about what you've lost. Think about what you're going to gain now.  smile

7. Mamelody profile image60
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

sorry to hear that my dear.. I had a dry spell from 2005-2007. It sucks looking for a job and not getting anywhere but you will eventually. All the best.

8. wychic profile image83
    wychicposted 14 years ago

I've never been out of a job m'self, but give it time, I'm sure it'll come up, I've only been working for 11 years so far...however, I have seen what it has done to my parents and a lot of other people I know who have unexpectedly lost long-standing jobs, and it's not a pretty sight. Have you tried working online in anything other than affiliate sites? It took me three months to start making a full-time wage online, and seven months before I went full-time with it. This could just be a combination of a low cost of living, my particular skills, and where I looked, but it is out there. These affiliate sites are, for me, something to do in-between the "real jobs." I hope to someday be able to turn them into something, it just hasn't happened yet.

9. Haunty profile image73
    Hauntyposted 14 years ago

You didn't fail, Barb. Don't take it personally. There may be many reasons why someone else got that job. Move on to the next thing. Someone will finally find out how lucky they would be to have you. smile

Working online will not substitute for a job, so it's best to look at it as a complementary thing.

1. charanjeet kaur profile image60
      charanjeet kaurposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Haunty, this is the best piece of advice. I am bookmarking this for keepsake. smile . Hang in blatva, be strong and put all the energy in searching another job. Trust me this wont make sense now but everything happens for a reason. You may end up getting a job in a better and it may be a job you love. Best of luck dear.

1. Haunty profile image73
        Hauntyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you, ck. I'm no good at giving advice. I was really struggling to say anything, but I had to say something.

10. maven101 profile image71
    maven101posted 14 years ago

Just reading some of the comments here make me proud to be a Hubber...You folks always seem to pull together when help is asked for by another Hubber...Larry

11. Sara Tonyn profile image61
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

You didn't fail. That just wasn't the right job for you.

Keep trying and think positive. Best of luck to you! big_smile

12. RedElf profile image90
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

Things are not good for jobs right now in a lot of places. There are jobs out there, maybe not what you're looking for though. That has been my experience.
    Jobs seem to come and go in cycles. I have twice worked my way up into well-paying jobs and then lost them to cut-backs and recession. It can be really discouraging.
    I am now writing online. It is a struggle, but I am starting to see some return from it.

Hang in there. It's hard not to be down and discouraged, but you have to believe in yourself. You will have a much better chance if you are, or at least appear to be, confident.

Hang in!
    big_smilebig_smilebig_smile

13. profile image0
    shazwellynposted 14 years ago

You cant let it get the better of you.  You are trying too hard.  In your mind, just imagine that you have turned the page and move onto the next project.  Keep strong x

14. WriteAngled profile image74
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

When doors close against you, it means that another door is waiting to be opened. It is difficult to keep faith, but it is also important to do so. Believe in yourself and think laterally when looking for jobs.

15. Beth100 profile image69
    Beth100posted 14 years ago

Hang in there!  It's difficult times for many.  I know that you were excited when you landed the interview, and I understand how disappointed you must be.  Don't get down on yourself.  Just because they give you a reason, doesn't always mean that is the reason.  It could be that you're over qualified.  Keep your chin up and stay positive.  You will find a job.  Believe in yourself and have faith.  ((HUGS))

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)