This one is for the forum addicts

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (21 posts)
  1. SunSeven profile image62
    SunSevenposted 15 years ago

Feedback on THIS hub is much appreciated smile

Thanks and Regards

1. Ryan Hupfer profile image59
      Ryan Hupferposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Hey Sun,

This was a really fun read...thanks for sharing, although I don't think that it needs much of a makeover.

Also, as far as your formatting goes, is your text bold because you are writing your text in another application before you paste it into HubPages, or is it the way that you format it yourself?

Just curious...

1. Whitney05 profile image83
        Whitney05posted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ryan, from my past experiences, when writing in another program, like Word, and transfering it over makes the font like and typewriter-like and it doesn't wrap at all.

Sunseven I voted yes. Interesting hub. I will say that I'm not a fan of the bold formating though. It makes the hub (not just yours but all of the ones I've seen around HP) look to forthright or something. Just more of a LOOK AT ME, which really turns me off or reading them normally.

1. Maddie Ruud profile image72
          Maddie Ruudposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I agree with Whitney here, in that I'm not a fan of using the heading fonts for large chunks of text.  I guess it's a matter of personal taste.  It just reminds me of those affiliate landing pages where everything is bolded and large font... and God knows I see enough of those every day when moderating the hubs that link to them...

Love the hub though... except Vivi is a dog, not a cat.  She understands the mistake, however, since she's about the same size as one.  wink

http://z.hubpages.com/u/252209_f260.jpg

2. Rochelle Frank profile image89
      Rochelle Frankposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Very good-- obviously the subject affects many of us. I appreciate the mention, and appreciate your mention of so many who have contributed to the Insectophobia knowledge base.

2. Inspirepub profile image72
    Inspirepubposted 15 years ago

Nice image - and the "mother and baby fly" ear-rings from eBay are hilarious! Of course, they may disappear at any moment, so i thought I'd immortalise them in print in the forum ... smile

Jenny

3. weblog profile image57
    weblogposted 15 years ago

Great hub! I'm seeing 80% of votes for Yes big_smile

4. profile image0
    Ananta65posted 15 years ago

It’s all a matter of preference of course, but personally I’m not too fond of using the heading-formatting for the entire text. I feel the paragraph-format is more relaxed to the eyes.
    Apart from a few minor typos and errors in punctuation, I really don’t think your hub needs a makeover. It’s fun to read and a great way to introduce some hubbers. Well done!

5. dingdong profile image56
    dingdongposted 15 years ago

Fun n Funny, it's great Sun7 wink

6. adrainsean profile image40
    adrainseanposted 15 years ago

commented on the hub..

7. Just_Rodney profile image69
    Just_Rodneyposted 15 years ago

Great, well done.

8. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 15 years ago

The bold Heading 3 or Heading 4 type hurts my eyes. Otherwise, good! smile

9. Maddie Ruud profile image72
    Maddie Ruudposted 15 years ago

Still waiting for SunSeven to notice at least one of the places I've said that Vivi is a DOG, not a cat.... SunSeven, are you out there?

1. DJ Funktual profile image77
      DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I know how you feel Maddielicious.  I keep waiting for HubPages to offer me a job as marketing mascot or whatever... 
      I mean, seriously how many hints do they need?  Paul Deeds are you out there?

Funny you should call me that.  It sounds identical to "mad delicious."

2. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

DJ - It's the hip hop wink

Let me introduce you to Pink Floyd...........

Although, I like Maddelicious' new name big_smile

Not so!  I love hip hop.  I grew up in the Bay Area, after all.  MC Hammer, The Luniz, Hieroglyphics, Mystik Journeymen, Tupac Shakur, Digital Underground.... all originally from the bay.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Yet another theory out the window big_smile

2. DJ Funktual profile image77
            DJ Funktualposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Recognize fool!

All around the world, SAME SONG!

1. Mark Knowles profile image59

Well, I wouldn't call "The Bay Area" - "All around the world " lol

Is that like "The World Series," of baseball? ......................

2. Inspirepub profile image72
      Inspirepubposted 15 years agoin reply to this

SunSeven's motherboard blew up and has gone for repairs, so it will be a couple of weeks (well, maybe a week more from today) before we are graced by the smiling avatar again. Internet cafes are hard to come by and expensive in that part of the world.

Jenny

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)