Need prayers and hope!

Jump to Last Post 1-37 of 37 discussions (62 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

I just got home from a weekend in Poway. something has happened that hit too close to home. I will be writing a hub about this as well but I wanted to ask here for prayers, positive thoughts, love, and most importantly HOPE.

A 17 year old girl went missing on Thusrday night in Poway where I lived most of my life without fear and is still missing. 4 days have gone by with no word, no sign....nothing. She went out jogging after school and her car was found in the parking lot where she always went and never went home.

They have just arrested a man, a registered sex offender, but there is still nothing of Chelsea King. We are still hoping that she is alive!

So please please please I beg you guys, think of her family and friends. Pray, send hope, love, and positive thoughts! And please hope that this guy gives up the location of this young teen. Thank you!

1. ChristinaScibona profile image71
      ChristinaScibonaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is just horrible when this happens....they have my prayers

2. Sage Williams profile image60
      Sage Williamsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I got shivers just reading this post.  A parent's worse nightmare.  My thoughts and prayers are with you all. 

We hear these stories day in and day out but when it hits to close to home, our world stops and we listen.

I hope and pray that this story will have a better ending. 

Hugs,

Sage

1. profile image0
        Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Sage smile

3. SandyMcCollum profile image64
      SandyMcCollumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG prayers and hope coming right now... <3

This happened to my daughter, only she was found safe and with her friends after two weeks. I'll pray the same happens to Chelsea.

1. profile image0

Thank you Sandy...I am sorry that you had to go through the fear of a missing child and so glad that she is okay!

2. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

Best wishes. I hope they find her alive, it would be good. smile

3. glassvisage profile image85
    glassvisageposted 14 years ago

I pray that she is found safe and sound. Thank you for posting this, and best of luck to her and her famiily.

4. Daniel Carter profile image63
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Thanks for letting us know. Sending all best for Chelsea.
    Take care, Crazd. You've been through a lot over the past months. Be good to yourself, too.

5. profile image0

thanks guys. it's always hard to hear about an abduction especially somewhere where you have lived for so long safely....I truly hope that she will come home soon.

6. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

You have my prayers, and hope. I too hope they find her alive, well and unharmed.

7. Purple Perl profile image50
    Purple Perlposted 14 years ago

crazdwriter,

Hoping & waiting to see your post entitled, "Chelsea found ,alive & well!" Prayers are with he family & well wishers like you.Thanks for posting to share your concern & maximize Prayer Power! smile

8. Zsuzsy Bee profile image85
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

Hoping that the young lady will be found safe and sound. Prayers and thoughts for the family. Keep us informed CW

9. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

I hope they find the girl and the Guy that did it gets his Schmeckel cut off.

10. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Praying for the safety of the girl and that they find her soon. My prayers also go out for her family.

11. Flightkeeper profile image67
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Chelsea's family must be so upset and I hope Chelsea is okay and I hope that the police has the right person or is still looking to make sure. Sending many positive vibes.

12. IzzyM profile image88
    IzzyMposted 14 years ago

http://www.findchelsea.com/

Good luck in finding her, I too sincerely hope she is OK smile

13. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

my thoughts and prayers go out in hope of this girl returning safely...

14. profile image0

Thank you guys...they have a man in custody...and is being charged with rape and first degree murder. But they are still hopeful that she is alive....heart hurts so much right now!

1. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Charged with murder?! Are they sure that she was murdered?

1. profile image0

they aren't postive but I think they are charging him just to see if it'll make him talk. plus they think he was in another case of a missing teen last year on Feb. 13..A young girl by the name of Amber Dubious.

This is not a good sign. I'm sorry this is personally touching you Crazd.

1. profile image0

Thanks Flightkeeper...it has happened way too close to home for me.

Oh and to come to find out that there was another attack on a jogger back in dece. and they think it's this guy too. sad

Then I hope it is this guy, because if he's responsible for all these multiple murders it's one less scum out in public.  Unfortunately there will be many who will be grieving anew.

1. profile image0

Too true FK too true sad

15. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

These stories always leave me with a hurting heart sad
    I don't understand people who do this kind of stuff hmm
    I do love to hear a good ending, rescue of kid and conviction of perp. It needs to happen more and I hope Chelsea will have a good ending back with her family soon!

1. profile image0

I hope so too kristen. I keep looking online to see what is going on. I wish I could be down there helping too. hmm

16. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I'm in. Let's pray for a miracle, peace, and justice.

1. profile image0

Thanks donotfear. All the prayers are much appreciated and needed.

like the new pic by the way

17. manlypoetryman profile image81
    manlypoetrymanposted 14 years ago

Many Prayers that Chelsea will be brought back home to her family...that's  (more than) terrible! And...for the one responsible of said or any comparable heinous offense...that the ______ has powerful and swift justice used against them.

18. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

Praying/hoping for Chelsea's safe return!

19. profile image0

Thank you MPM and Brenda

and I agree MPM I do hope that justice smacks the crap out the guy who is sick enough to do something like this.

20. Tom Cornett profile image79
    Tom Cornettposted 14 years ago

I hope she is OK. I posted the link on Facebook and Twitter. I see the missing posters in stores...bulletin boards covered with them.  Thanks for posting this crazdwriter....there is always a chance it could lead to finding her.

1. profile image0

I really hope so Tom I really hope so I need to get to work on my hub too. r u going to write one for her as well? might help

1. Tom Cornett profile image79
        Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes...that's a good idea....thanks again.

1. profile image0

Glad to hear it, Tom. if you do decide to write one, send me the link so I can link it to my hub about her

And that goes for anyone who wants to help and write a hub...if you write one, send me the link. let's do what we can to help out!

1. Tom Cornett profile image79
            Tom Cornettposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Will do.

21. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I really hope they find her! Positive energy on it's way.  smile

1. profile image0

Thanks Hokey!

22. profile image0
    moonphlowerposted 14 years ago

What a tragedy!  I truly hope the find her safe and well...and soon!

1. profile image0

Thank you moon.

23. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

I just sent up a prayer, Crazd.

1. profile image0

thank you habbe. much appreciated

24. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Any news?

25. profile image0

there has been arrest; registered sex offender who they think was involved in another disappearance a year ago and an assult on dec. 27th on another female jogger..but no word about her. they fear death sad but Hope beyond all hope that she is still alive

26. caravalhophoto profile image60
    caravalhophotoposted 14 years ago

Oh Craz'd...1st of all, hope and prayers are going out to the family...sorry this has hit so close to home and effecting you today.
    There is a news show on tonite with regards to Chelsea...it is called "Missing in the Fog"  Hopefully with the finding of Ms.Duggard after 18 years, I have hope that Chelsea will be found also and alive. 
    I am hoping also that you will post "Chelsea found Alive" until then, many prayers and strength are being sent to her family and yours...

1. profile image0

Thanks Caraval. I hope that I get to post Chelsea found alive too!

27. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

{{hugs}} scary when it hits a place you hope is 'safe'.
    always sad to hear this kind of news. hope she is o.k.

these terrible people are everywhere, all over the internet, especially chat rooms and forums, parks, parking lots, nearby streets of schools, places where young people frequent... 
    a single woman anywhere always needs to be aware.

1. profile image0

very true Rebekah...and thanks smile

28. profile image0

I have written a hub, don't care if you all call it selfpromotion but I am stating I have written a hub on the matter. I have to go but will return later.

If any of you write a hub about Chelsea...anything will help even a small hub....then email me the link so I can link it to mine and you do the same with my link.

This is heartbreaking and needs to get out there!

29. Mamelody profile image59
    Mamelodyposted 14 years ago

wow i hope they do find her safe and sound.. will keep her in my prayers hun xx

30. profile image0

Thanks Mamelody for this and your comment on my hub. I apprecaite that very much

31. profile image0

UPDATE: A pair of her underwear have been found by Lake Hodges where she always goes for a jog after school! They are now searching the lake.

32. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Ugh... so hard to have this happen in your community.  We've had a few of these in past years that caused me sleepless nights worrying.  I'm so sad to hear this news.  I pray she will be found alive.

1. profile image0

Thank you, word smile

33. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

girl, you know im there, prayers hopes and wishing

we'll get her home, there is enough of us here. bless

1. profile image0

thanks lyrics...any and all prayers are definitely welcomed smile

love the new pic by the way

34. Dale Mazurek profile image62
    Dale Mazurekposted 14 years ago

Unfortunately in the world we live in this shit will never go away.

My heart does go out to this girl and family.

Put me in office and I could show these freaks a little about human rights.

Be strong CW

Dale

1. profile image0

Too true too true...Dale..it's so sad and I will be strong for her family.

35. profile image0

Tomorrow they are asking ppl to show their support for the teen and her family by wearing Chelsea's favorite color, orange. So if you have anything orange wear it proudly as the search for the teen continues.

36. hublim profile image66
    hublimposted 14 years ago

I hope she is found alive and well soon. These events are terrible but feel much worse when it's close to home.

37. profile image0

so very true hublin and thank you. smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)