jesus was son of god or god or human?

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (78 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image61
    pisean282311posted 14 years ago

i am not christian but i have read jesus at times mentioned as son of god and at times as god..so was jesus god or son of god as per christian faith?

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Both ,similar to Hindu Philosophy.

2. milynch43 profile image60
      milynch43posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Jesus is the son of god John 17:3 and John 20:17, 14:23, 14:28. There are many more. Read John 17. Jesus was tormented because of what he faced, death. He prayed to his father for help.

3. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

According to the laws of genetics, the biblical Jesus was half human and half God, because half of his DNA came from Mary, and the other half came from God.

4. earnestshub profile image78
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My research led me to conclude that he was probably neither.
      No proof of his existence at all.
      The Jesus story came thousands of years before. smile

1. susanlang profile image59
        susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

oh yea?  and in your other sockpuppet profile, you say you love God with all your heart!   So I guess your motto is: what ever trips your trigger at the moment!  lol  ahhhh...I just love it!!  smile

5. goldenpath profile image65
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Son of God.  There is a term that applies called Divine Investiture.  The Father, Son and Holy Spirit are three separate and distinct individuals yet they are one in purpose - to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.  This is how the Son can be referred to as the Father.  Also, Jesus Christ is our "father" as to the author of our redemption and salvation.  We are "purchased" by Him and to Him are we indebted.  Through the Eternal Father, Jesus Christ receives his authority and power.  The three work in concert.

There is no secret to it.  Jesus did not pray to himself, nor did he exhort others to pray to a nameless sky.  It wasn't a cloud or bird that Jesus asked "Why hast thou forsaken me?"  When Jesus proclaimed that the Father was in him he knew of his role in the Godhead and was invoking the simple precept of Divine Investiture.

God, the Eternal Father is our God whom we acknowledge along with Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit.  Beyond that are the line of Gods that have also proven themselves worthy in their own respective mortalities.  Through the Infinite Atonement, Jesus Christ, we are reconciled to God and have the agency and opportunity to return back into His presence to receive eternal life.  The Holy Spirit, however, does not yet have a body of flesh and bone.  His function is to bear witness to the hearts and minds of man the divinity of the Father and the Son.

1. susanlang profile image59
        susanlangposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Golden, you said it best... thanks!! smile

2. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

Human.

3. DevLin profile image60
    DevLinposted 14 years ago

Which Christian faith? Growing up, he was son of God. I was told by a preacher recently, he was God, in third. The trinity is supposedly, now just God. He's all three. But, at his right hand in heaven. Oh yeah, and that the 10 commandments were changed with him becoming human as christ. Again, which denomination? The sane?

4. aka-dj profile image66
    aka-djposted 14 years ago

The question is grammatically incorrect.
    It should read "IS Jesus. . . ."
    Your question makes it PAST tense, but He is present tense.

Yes, Jesus IS Son of God, Yes, Jesus is God, and Yes, Jesus is human.

pisean282311posted 14 years agoin reply to this

sorry for grammar..

1. aka-dj profile image66
        aka-djposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think you are missing the (greater) point. sad

please elaborate ..

What is more important?
            Words on a page,
            or their meaning?

The grammatical structure of what's written,
            or the message being conveyed?

dj...i understand what u mean but as i said earlier i am not christian ..for me jesus is historical figure...i am trying to understand jesus from point of view of christians...so i wrote was..it was not meant to hurt anyone's feeling ..i wrote from my perception and so i said sorry to you...i understand for you jesus is and not was...

You don't need to apologise. I take no offence.
                I am trying to help you see Him as He is.
                Yes He WAS a historical figure, but so what? It doesn't help you today.
                So, if you truly want to understand Him from a Christian poit of view, I gave you that point of view.
                That's what I was referring to when I wrote  "you missed the greater point."

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
                  Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly aka-dj! You are absolutely right!!  Jesus is God, he is everywhere and after these 2000 years he still surprises us with these miracles...

http://www.fistofblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/big707528.jpg

1. Rishy Rich profile image73
                    Rishy Richposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A TRUE MIRACLE, He is even present in a Dogs Buttock..WOW! roll

2. getitrite profile image72
                    getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

THANK YOU JESUS! HALLELUJAH! http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u55/BJ_BOBBI_JO9/Religious%20spiritual%20smileys/pray01.gif

5. profile image0
    SirDentposted 14 years ago

Jesus is the "DAYSMAN." He is the only one. Job had wished or asked for a daysman a lon g time before Jesus was born. Job 9:33  Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both.

A daysman is one who is human enough to touch man and godly enough to touch God. Remember that no man can see the face of God and live, but Jesus is able to do it. This mnakes Jesus man and God both at the same time.

Many humans have seen the face of god, died come back and spoken about it including me.

can u plz elaborate on what u said?..i wuld like to know more about it...

Its termed as enlightenment in English ,Samadhi in Hindi, Satori in Japanese etc

I gained enlightenment in the middle of the the Atlantic Ocean ,died became the Light or god and then came back.

This experience has happened with many humans the saints, sages, prophets and mystics in all parts of the world .

Religions are based on the enlightened  ones teachings, they show you the path to walk and one deeds to walk that path.

Saying this prophet and religion is the greatest shows a complete lack of understanding of the prophets and god. Importance is been given to the messenger than the message.

Jesus couldnt be clearer when he said "I tell ye you are all gods or the kingdom of god is within." He also showed the way by saying one needs to meditate or when thy eye be single.

This is the way for ones salvation .

2. Beelzedad profile image59
      Beelzedadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Show me the face of your god and I guarantee you, I'll be alive to tell the story.

C'mon, show him to me.  smile

After seeing God I am unable to show you, how can someone who hasn't seen god show you? smile

1. Beelzedad profile image59

Ah, I see, it's like the invisible pink unicorn living in my basement, no one has ever seen it, but we know it's there.

And, we know it's pink...  smile

I have  seen and  I write about it but its spiritual something I cannot show you.

When you die you will see for yourself.

Ah yes, codswallop, I've heard of that before.

Gee, that's helpful. And, the dead tell these tales, how? smile

Its called enlightenment.

Yes, 'codswallop' is just it's official name.  smile

Thats because you are unable to understand  it, ego smile

6. skyfire profile image78
    skyfireposted 14 years ago

How come posting verses proves that jesus was god or son of god ?

7. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

interesting question.  I believe Jesus is the son of god.....  if you were to believe the trinity then you would believe 3 in one, i personally do  not....  thanks for taking the time to pose this question..... it is my belief, but i know it is not everyones.

8. Ashmi profile image60
    Ashmiposted 14 years ago

Are we not all sons and daughters of God? If we all emanate from Him we are all Gods children. Are we not all one with God? If there is only One then God am I!

9. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 14 years ago

In metaphoric terms; not physically.

10. Ashmi profile image60
    Ashmiposted 14 years ago

God cannot be a physical being. It would deny Him the attribute of Infinity for all objects must have a beginning and end. This implies that we too are in essence non-physical. Only in appearance can we claim to be so.

11. platinumOwl4 profile image71
    platinumOwl4posted 14 years ago

He was Human!!!!!

12. profile image51

Hi friends

Jesus was never a god as Mary was never a wife of god. Jesus was never a son of god as Mary was not a wife of god.

Jesus himself said he was Son of Man; that is correct he was one of the prefect men of the Creator- God Allah YHWH; called Messengers Prophets. He himself put himself to the resemblance of Jonah; and Jonah was only a Messenger Prophet of God Allah YHWH.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

13. profile image51

Hi friends

Jesus was neither god not son of god. He created no new sun or earth; everything remained the same as before. He was a messenger of the Creator- God Allah YHWH; alright.

Thanks

"Unto Allah is YOUR RETURN and he is able to do all things.: Holy Quran.

If I come form  Allah doesn't that make Allah my mother or father ?

1. profile image51
        paarsurreyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend mohitmisra

No, never; that reminds us that God Allah YHWH is our Creator; not that He has become our  father and mother literally and physically.

Thanks

He is our real father or creator.

14. earnestshub profile image78
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Ah yes, the simplified version! lol lol lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/scholarofdecay/other/Atheist%20related%20and%20making%20fun%20of%20religion/jesuslogictadah.jpg

Now that makes sense doesn't it? lol lol lol

1. profile image51

Christianity is a mythical religion invented by clever Paul; a useless ideology; nothing to do with Jesus.

The Christians should research and follow true teachings of Jesus as mentioned in Quran.

Thanks

1. earnestshub profile image78

I got you the true meaning!

What is incorrect about the statement in the picture with jesus? smile
        That is what the bible says as I read it! smile

1. profile image51

Please elaborate it further.

Thanks

1. earnestshub profile image78

Nothing to elaborate on. That is the succict version of what is said in the bible! smile

2. rocketjsqu profile image76
          rocketjsquposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is incorrect about the statement in the picture with jesus?

God originally created man sinless.  However, he also gave us a free will to choose righteous or sin.  It was by an act of choice that sin was committed.  It was through that act of committing sin that all men who followed were under the penalty of sin - which is death.  God created the law - the penalty of sin is death - it is by choosing to commit sin that mankind is subject to the law.  Our condemnation is by our actions not predetermined by Jesus as punishment as in your picture.

2. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Christian belief that Jesus is God is an unusual concept and is not what was taught. They base it mostly on two or three scriptures they don't understand.

Nothing unusual in this philosophy it ancient similar to Hindu philosophy, man dies and becomes god.

1. profile image51

It is a wrong concept.

Thanks

Sorry its not ,

"unto Allah is your return and he is able to do all things." I come from Allah, thats my home.

"I am thy shield and they exceeding great reward " Holy Bible - back home to god.

The Sufi mystic to become One,
            Dances, twirls, prays, trances to get the job done."

2. profile image0

That's not what Christians believe.

2. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually it is based on many things written. Did you know that people bowed to Jersus and worshipped Him in the NT?

If Jesus was only a prophet and allowed them to worship Him, He would be dead. There are many scriptures which show who Jesus really is.

I think I will write a hub on this subject.

1. profile image0

Yes, I saw your discussion with the lady on the hub "Jesus is God" or something like that.
          You are repeating what she said.

When the people were grateful they did this.
          It happened to Daniel.

Daniel 2:46
          Then the king Nebuchadnezzar fell upon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation and sweet odours unto him.

However please read:
          Matthew 4

10. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve

1. profile image0

Because it happened to Daniel makes it right in the eyes of God?

You must remeber also that Satan tried to get Jesus to bow to him and serve him while, leaving the Father out of it.

1. profile image0

Who said it was right or wrong? Not me
              You made the statement that Jesus is God and that he was worshiped. I pointed out that many people worshiped those they appreciated.

This does not prove Yahshua was God. It is what Christ said that proves he wasn't.

Satan? means adversary not Lucifer.

2. profile image0

What written things?

The same old verses of "The Father and I are one" and "The Word was God"???  These are merely misunderstood.

Please give me substantial verses. Like him saying he is God.

3. earnestshub profile image78

Yep! They glean from it that their god is running my life too! smile

15. The Darkened One profile image61
    The Darkened Oneposted 14 years ago

Just a myth

16. susanlang profile image59
    susanlangposted 14 years ago

I'm so glad I have faith in something greater then myself, it helps to remind me, life is not just about money, power, and fame. We all have an end date and will no longer live on this earth. It's what happens after that which only your faith will answer for you. smile

17. MikeNV profile image67
    MikeNVposted 14 years ago

The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  Kind of implies separation don't you think?

18. earnestshub profile image78

Yes it does ... unless you believe in the trinity, in which case the catholics and many christian sects who believe in it go back to a convoluted interpretation of the good book to "explain" it.

19. profile image51

Hi friends

Jesus or Krishan never did anything for which they could be considered as god; they were humble human beings and servant of the Creator -God Allah YHWH.

Thanks

1. profile image0

Jesus didn't open blind eyes? He didn't cast out devils and raise the dead?

Seriously SirDent, think about what you're asking, blind eyes seeing and the dead being raised... this is all completely normal for you to accept? smile

20. earnestshub profile image78

I gave this explanation of Christianity before. I think it explains the beliefs accurately enough doesn't it? smile

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/scholarofdecay/other/Atheist%20related%20and%20making%20fun%20of%20religion/jesuslogictadah.jpg

hey from where to do u get such images man?

21. earnestshub profile image78

photobucket. smile

nice images ..

22. waynet profile image68
    waynetposted 14 years ago

Jesus was a fictional character in some bed time story. So I'd say imaginary friend sounds better!

u mean to say he was neither human nor son of god but totally imaginery character which was promoted by someone as real and people believed it?...

1. waynet profile image68
        waynetposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Exactly right, you are clever, you worded it better than I!

23. joaniemb profile image61
    joaniembposted 14 years ago

Our minds are very simplistic to that of the the eternal life. We will never really understand it we just have to believe. Faith is what makes us believe.

Jesus was sent to earth in human form.

Jesus is 3 in one, he is God, Jesus, and the Holy Spirit.

I am a true believer. I like to think that when we die we will have a better life and be reunited with family members who have passed on.

Just my opinion.

Faith gets me through many tough times in my life what would I do without it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)