2nd coming of christ : when wuld that occur?

Jump to Last Post 1-16 of 16 discussions (59 posts)
  1. pisean282311 profile image63
    pisean282311posted 13 years ago

i have heard that there would be second coming of christ according to two big religions..when is that suppose to happen?

1. earnestshub profile image79
      earnestshubposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wednesdays and Fridays I believe! smile

pisean282311posted 13 years agoin reply to this

same old earnest..smile

Some good things never change! smile

1. aguasilver profile image71
            aguasilverposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Like music played in elevators, constantly there....repeating the same old tracks incessantly, enjoyed by some, ignored by most, detested by music lovers. smile

2. Jerami profile image58
      Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Daniel 11:45 thru 12;1 Says that the "Rapture" will happen when the 14th Emperor of Rome comes to his end.
         He died in 138 AD.

When Jesus said the things that he did in Matthew 24; he was having a PRIVATE conversation with Peter, James, John and Andrew.
        Jesus told   THEM   that ,"when   YOU   see these things know that it is near"
         Matt. 24:34 "Verily I say unto you This generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled".

Like a thief in the night'
        that is why no one saw it when it happened, except for the ones he fame to see.

Mark 16:52  Jesus was speaking to and looking the high priest in the face when he said to him;
        "I am and ye shall see the son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven".
         John 21:22  "If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to the? follow me.

If Jesus was telling the truth?   when he said these things and more,  ...  The Second Coming has already came.

The only thing written in Prophesy that has not yet been fulfilled is the gathering of the armies of the world, then the sounding of 7th trumpet and simultaneously the pouring out of 7th bowl judgments

This is what I read when I open my bible.

3. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Film at eleven. smile

4. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hi friend pisean282311

The signs have been fulifilled; and Jesus Imam Mahdi has already come. Please google for Jesus 1835-1908.

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

5. profile image0
      kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

the third time

big_smile

6. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We don't know exactly nor can we know exactly.

But I will tell you this one thing----He comes for someone, actually for many, every day.  Every day, people die.   And they'll have to face eternity from that moment on.
      Today is the day of salvation.   The choice is there as long as a person is alive.

7. Apostle Jack profile image60
      Apostle Jackposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There are events that was predestinated by God to come
      forth before the 2nd coming of Christ.
      The 7 Hidden Seal's have to be open.It's like trying to drink a soda
      without taking the cap off when you forget,or dont't know the
      process.
      My APOSTLESHIP concerns past, present,and future time spans of our
      existence.
      The "ANGEL" to the prophet Daniel spoke words to him concerning
      this dark time span of humankind.And that an increase of knowledge
      was to take place.The misunderstanding of that is this.

It spoke not about a tec.nor material increase.But the HIDDEN
      KNOWLEDGE OF A SPIRITUAL INCREASE OF KNOWLEDGE.
      Process ...is like knowing what comes next when you lite a match.
      The whole process......from begaining to end had to take place
      before the burn can accur.

I present the process of that revelation and time span of world existence.

1. Jerami profile image58

Jesus described the events that were to ocure before the end as described in what is called the sermon of discourse.

I would suggest that we understand this message before we accumulate further confusion by attempting to understand others.

It is kinda like trying to understand algebra before we fully understand simple math.
           We have to begin at the beginning (concerning prophesy).
        We have to master understanding of one lesson before we move forward to the next.
           As in the construction of a house.  The first floor has to be complete before we proceed building the second and third floor.  If we do not;  that house is going to fall down.

If that were so Jeremi, religion would be a thing of the past.

No foundation to stand on at all. No agreement between thousands of you who gained your beliefs though the same book or one of the others that are basically the same.

Muslims and other religions killing each other over an interpretation of a rewrite of a bunch of books that are only another version of the archetypal gods long preceding them.

Give it up, it is a no brainer once you clear the gate!
          smile

I don't think that I will give up on my beliefs. 
            I may give up on trying to explain what they are though.

2. Peter Hoggan profile image70
    Peter Hogganposted 13 years ago

Hopefully before December 2012 lol

big_smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
        SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

why dec 2012?

This is just an opinion, but I think that the 42 months that the  beast described in Rev.13 was given to blaspheme; comes to an end around 2012 to 2015.

3. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 13 years ago

Here ya go aqua, have a look at what I see. smile
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UF3yb1g30Io&NR=1
    He takes the words out of my mouth. smile

1. aka-dj profile image65
      aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course, you believe this stuff!! lol lol A man of real faith, I say!

2. aguasilver profile image71

Hi Earnest,

Yep, I took a look and what I saw was some very nice bloke who was trying his best to make a point about a subject that he plainly does not understand.

I agree that ANYONE who tries to restrain children's minds, is prepared to kill another human being for their dissent, or believes they have absolute truth, is in problems and will be a problem.

Fortunately those I meet who think this way, I try to 'convert' to the pure words of Christ.

Some I find in churches, some in shopping malls, some in ordinary life.

But the answer is to attempt to solve their problems, not castigate them into believing they are right.

I have a relationship with Christ, He does not tell me everything I would like to know, just enough to allow me to touch other folks lives with compassion, when they need it.

I hit at you because you hit at others, and I don't see you trying to help folk, just attack the whole system of belief in Christ.

I dislike churchianity, just as much as Christ must.

'He' may take the words out of your mouth, but that simply means that you also do not understand Christ and what He told us.

John smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/25714

The pure words of christ.............. wink

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

I think the lie speaks for itself - don't you John?

Solving problems - I see what you mean. Threatening them with eternal damnation. Problem solving. OK..... LOLOLOLOLOL

Thanks dude - once again - you show the true colors of churchianity.

Dear me.

Liars for jesus................

2. Beelzedad profile image58
        Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

But, you just defined yourself to save yourself from yourself. smile

4. alternate poet profile image68
    alternate poetposted 13 years ago

The most useful Christian on these pages is convinced that he has already been and gone, but you guys won't have it in the same way that the jewish faith is still waiting for the first messiah bus !

Makes sense of course - if it has already come and gone then there is nothing to get het up about is there.  Oh yes, and then you all would have to behave in a Christian manner.

5. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 13 years ago

like a thief in the night, no one knows the day or the hour, but there are definate signs to look for.

Hi Lorraine! smile I see we're chewing on opposite ends of the rope again! lol How ya doin? smile

2. pisean282311 profile image63

what are those signs?

1. aguasilver profile image71

Try Matthew 24 for a starter.

2. aka-dj profile image65
        aka-djposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Read Revelation. They are listed there.
        Oh, and 1+2 Thessalonians. The four Gospels.
        That should some it all up pretty well.
        PS, then there's Daniel and Ezekiel in the OT too. big_smile

Happy reading!

3. angela_michelle profile image95
      angela_michelleposted 13 years agoin reply to this

if you didn't know this is from the bible... smile

The disciple wrote that verse approx 30 years before Jesus apeared to John on the Isle of Patmos.

60 years before Jesus apeared to Jonh on the Isle of Patmos ...Jesus said to Peter James,John and Andrew in a private conversation that "that" generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled but no one knows the day or hour.

John 21:22  Jesus said to Peter; " If I will that he (John) tary till I come, What is that to the?  follow thou me.

6. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

When reading Matthew 24; we should first read Matthew 23 for these two chapters are describing the same message.
    To read only read C. 24 is to not read half of the story being told.

The story begins in the temple where Jesus is blasting the scribes and Pharisees for their hypocrisy  and evil nature.
    Eight woe unto you, several "you fools" etc

Matthew 23:36  Verily I say unto you all these things shall come upon THIS generation  ...Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers etc.

Right after Jesus said these things to the Pharisees the disciples ask Jesus, "When are these things going to be"?

Jesus then proceeded to say these things mentioned in chapter 24 as he spoke PRIVATELT to Peter, James, John and Andrew.
       These things predicted in  chapter 23 are to happen to these four disciples and that generation of people that was alive at that time.
       He wasn't talking to some generation of people that is to come some 2000 years later.

To change these details by "Interpreting" them  to be understood as having not yet happening causes great confusion. This causes many people to either not find the Faith or to loose what they had.

Improper reading of prophesy and proclaiming the Pope as Christ's emissary on earth is "the deception" caused by the Church that Rome built

u mean to say pope should not have been at first place??..

1. alternate poet profile image68
        alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Of course not - he is an invention of the Roman bible story re-writers, although this one is the best qualifier as the anti christ yet, he started life as 'an enthusiastic member' of the Hitler youth I believe.

whom are u talking about?

1. calpol25 profile image60
            calpol25posted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think the pope is who alternate is refering too. smile

current one?..'an enthusiastic member' of the Hitler youth?

1. calpol25 profile image60
                calpol25posted 13 years agoin reply to this

yeah pope benedict was in the hitler youth it was in the news papers lol smile

2. alternate poet profile image68
                alternate poetposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yep - the current guy, the same guy who got the job because he is such an amzing theological scholar - and who then issued a document deeply offending Islam - for which he 'apologised' as it was a 'mistake'.  About the same time frame as Bush let 'slip' his description of the Iraqi debacle as a 'crusade'.

1. profile image0
                  kimberlyslyricsposted 13 years agoin reply to this

big_smile
                  cool

Do you think that the disciples, or any of the 100s of thousands of believers that were killed between 30 AD and 150AD for not kneeling when the Emperor rode by  would have bowed down and kissed the Mans ring and said  "Holy Father" ,

,Or said; "Forgive me for I have sinned" ?

Does the Pope stand between you and God ?

7. calpol25 profile image60
    calpol25posted 13 years ago

Look in the book of nostradamus he predicts christ returning and an anti christ too I cant remember the exact prediction but just a thought.

8. Dense profile image61
    Denseposted 13 years ago

Dec 25, 2012. Thereabouts. big_smile

1. Dense profile image61
      Denseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He mentioned something about Christians not being able to recognize him when he comes back so if you're Christian don't bother looking for him, you won't even know him when you see him. -_-
      Of course, that also means that your chances of seeing Him go up drastically if you're not a Christian. big_smile

9. earnestshub profile image79

http://i226.photobucket.com/albums/dd39/goblinmonger/B1726175B261715P24CGF23.jpg

10. Jerami profile image58

Thinking that we can see God while having no faith is kinda like thinking we can catch a fish without a fishing pole. It is rare, Yet I have seen these things happen.

By  I gotta go get something knocked off of the honey-do list.

11. Jerami profile image58

Speaking of the second coming... I just NOW noticed something that I had not noticed before. (V.7)

The second coming is described as Jesus coming in the clouds of heaven right?

Rev. 1:1 -4 the angel is talking to John.
       v.1 it says; God gave unto him to shew unto his servants things that must    SHORTLY    come to pass
       v.3 "   ...for the time IS at  HAND"     
       v.4  "Grace be unto you, and peace from him which is , and which was, and which is to come....." 

"Behold he cometh with the clouds..   
       sounds kinda like the anges is saying
      "Look he IS COMING...and every eye shall see him.......
    even so AMEN.
       And imediately after the introduction of,
       Behold he cometh
    Jesus speaks "I am Alpha and Omega..."

This says Behold he cometh, this does not say, behold he shall come soon? the angel said  "Behold he cometh  with clouds"  Could this have been the second coming?
    The time frame would be about right.
    7 weeks after he was crucifixion.

12. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

a 2nd coming is not recorded in any of the prophecies before Him nor after...

Here I go again with the book of Daniel
        Daniel 9:25 speaks of the passing of 69 weels unto Messiah the Prince. V:26 says that there will be a passing of 62 weeks and they are going to kill the Messiah.
         I admitt that this is just an interpretation that is commonly held that this refers to what is called the second coming.
         I'm not good at recalling Chapter and verse but I believe Jesus mentioning him going away to pretare a place and I thought that he said that he would come back to get them?

It is written  numerous times that Jesus describes his coming back in the clouds sitting at the right hand of power.

And jesus says to Peter, " If I will that he tary till I come, what is it to yoy? follow thou me. (John21:22)

I believe there is reason to believe that what is called the second coming was at the least implied?

13. earnestshub profile image79

Like Pinky and the Brain, the next coming will always be tomorrow. smile

1. profile image0
      Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

cartoon please. big_smile

Actually; I think that it was 1900 years ago.
      This was recorded in the book of revelation. God sent Jesus to his servants (Plural) I would think that Jesus did what he was told.

14. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

That event has happened -the resurrection.
    We must remember, until the word returned to the Father,
    accomplishing what He desired, those prophecies would not have been fulfilled. Upon his return, in body, He sent us the spirit to lead/guide into all (remaining enigma of) Truth. So that now that same Testimony in Him can live in us, making all things known that were hidden from the foundation of the world.

The Hebrew translates: coming in the clouds, a cloud of witnesses, a cloud by day, as well as, billows of incense/smoke as glory.
    Many times throughout the letter of Revelation He is seen coming in the clouds...

I can not and will not argue with what you say here.
      Sounds pretty much on the mark.
          And fits well within the boundaries of that which I believe and have attempting to express.

The main point that I attempt to say is that I believe the prophesy to be  at the heart of the lesson that scripture is intended to teach. And there can not be 10,000 diffrent interpretations of one truth.
          The words of prophesy clearly state  WHEN these things were to HAVE happen, and they have already happened.
         My beliefs anyway?

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

no argument here.
        Also would like to point out the after His ascension, sat at the right hand of the Father. There is much to this statement.

When someone sits, it means they have finished their work. So, for him to rise up again from His rightful throne and descend again, makes no sense. (see Matthew 25 & Rev). His return in glory to judge defines the work of the Spirit, who judges righteousness by faith...

...just a thought.

15. Jerami profile image58

earnestshub wrote   
    If that were so Jeremi, religion would be a thing of the past.

No foundation to stand on at all.
    ======================================== 

The foundation represents the written word.
    Those things that the house is being built with can be seen as the word or.... the interpretation of the word.

In my opinion those houses built with the interpretations of the word are the ones to fall down upon close scrutney.

Jeremi there are many written words, the ones that have an agenda are easy to spot with a basic understanding of the human condition. People make up stories, repeat things as there own and claim things were said by others all the time in words.
      When there is an agenda as in religion, there are lies. Lots and lots of overwritten contradictory lies.

Learning about the sky fairy story is like learning any other story, except other fairy stories don't usually claim to own the life of the reader! lol

I don't believe in sky faries either.
           God aint no stinking sky fairy
           Too bad that some people see it that way.

16. Jerami profile image58

earnestshub  said
      Jeremi there are many written words, the ones that have an agenda are easy to spot with a basic understanding of the human condition. People make up stories, repeat things as there own and claim things were said by others all the time in words.
    When there is an agenda as in religion, there are lies. Lots and lots of overwritten contradictory lies.
    -------------------------------------------------------
       As 21 would say...Spot on
    lies and  wrong teachings such as

Rev 20  clearly states that these "saints" are in heaven and reign with christ for 1000 years.
    Yet many churches teach  1000 years of peace on earth while Jesus coming to earth and reigns "with the saints" 
       There are many ways in which the church teaches interpretations that simply are not true.

I believe that these interpretations caused all of the confusion that in turn caused most of the doubt concerning the existence of GOD.

I believe that "IF" Christians can imagine living in a post Resurrection erra. Then read the prophesy; they would find that these prophesy need no interpretation to be understood.
      people have done the same thing with the bible; as if to read a history book about WWII and then go looking for Hitler.
       We are living in a post WWII era; as we are living in a post resurrection erra.   Everything just makes sense when examined prophesy from this prospective.

Who was it that said, "when we eliminate the imposible, what we are left with must be the truth"?

This  would take away  MOST  ALL  Atheistict arguements.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)