Using Y!Answers as a traffic source

Jump to Last Post 1-10 of 10 discussions (17 posts)
  1. LarasMama profile image60
    LarasMamaposted 13 years ago

Just wondering if anyone here uses Y!Answers as a traffic source - it's a nofollow link but if you've ever googled a question you'll see there's nearly always a Y~Answer near the top of the first page. Meaning that when people view that page chances are they'll click that link. Good idea or not worth it? What do you think?

1. Marisa Wright profile image86
      Marisa Wrightposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I pop in there and answer questions fairly regularly.  Laugh if you like, but it's what started me off writing online!

For my topics, I find it's useful - not because of Google but because real people follow the links.

1. kerryg profile image85
        kerrygposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah, I've found the same. It's probably not an efficient use of time, but I enjoy it and I do get a decent amount of good quality, converting traffic. One of my Squidoo lenses in particular has done really well thanks to Y!A.

Lately, I've been trying out Web Answers, too. I haven't seen much traffic from there yet, but I am getting an Adsense click or two a day, and could probably do better if I could bring myself to answer more of the endless "am I pregnant" and "how do I get custody/keep someone else from getting custody" questions. Some of them kind of make you despair of the human race. tongue

2. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Marissa, me too!   So lol, I'll laugh, but not about anyone getting started with Yahoo Answers.  Instead, about the fact that it has it apparently has the "inspiration factor" for people other than just me.     I've put links here and there.  I don't put a lot of effort into it.  I've seen some traffic for it, probably commensurate with the effort I put it in.

Lots of times I go there with the intent of looking for a question to add a link, and then I end up answering questions that "scream out" at me.  lol

2. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

Not worth the effort IMO - unless you outsource it. smile

1. LarasMama profile image60
      LarasMamaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I did it originally with my blog and I still have tons of incoming traffic - but I'm like level 6 on there (think several thousand answers.) So I guess you could say I have no life and don't mind wasting tons of time on it! LoL

1. Lisa HW profile image61
        Lisa HWposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I'm a "mere" 20,000 (or something like that) points away from Level 7 on there.  Yahoo Answers is a great way to kill some time.  lol  Of course, in my own defense, all those points took years to build up, a little at a time.  lol  "Time sure flies when you're having a good time, doesn't it! " lol

(I like to think that it's precisely because I do have a life that I need to take the occasional couple of hours and just waste them as a way of taking a break.   smile  )

3. Benjimester profile image88
    Benjimesterposted 13 years ago

It's a total bummer that Yahoo Answers only gives out Nofollow links.  However, because of how easy it is to answer a question, I still say it's a good idea.  Even though the nofollow link won't count towards your pagerank in Google, it will still have a positive effect on your ranking, and will also boost your position on Yahoo and Bing. If you have the time and enjoy using the system, I say go for it.

4. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 13 years ago

As long as you like it. There are more efficient ways though smile

1. Benjimester profile image88
      Benjimesterposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Agreed, and SEO is definitely about efficiency

5. MyWebs profile image79
    MyWebsposted 13 years ago

My highest traffic web page on my own site has been referenced by others on Yahoo Answers multiple times and it gets pretty steady traffic from there. I think it can be a good source of traffic.

It is great if your content is useful, comes up top ten for a query when a user is looking for information to use in their answer and they link to your content.

6. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 13 years ago

I have it good too for traffic except I did get reported n not sure what I had done but then got notified of getting a score of ten in one of my other responses hmm ws strange, lol lol ...sorta scared go there now tho neutral

1. Ms Chievous profile image65
      Ms Chievousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Y answers was a great  source of entertainment for me during the Christmas Season.  All the kids flocked to the Y answers page to ask " What should I get for Christmas"  I got a good amount of traffic but warning from Yahoo too.

7. thisisoli profile image71
    thisisoliposted 13 years ago

i messed around with it for a while, it brought me a bit of traffic, but I still prefer to get my own page to the top of google. tongue

8. Csjun89 profile image60
    Csjun89posted 13 years ago

Yahoo answers is probably not the greatest for traffic, but might help you with indexes in Bing and Yahoo!

9. thatguy71 profile image60
    thatguy71posted 13 years ago

Never thought of using Yahoo answers but think i will give it a go. Will try anything once, and be interesting to hear if anyone else has success with it or any ideas others may have.

10. animerevolt profile image61
    animerevoltposted 13 years ago

I love answering question on there after all the person asking the question clicks the link and reads the article or in this case hub.and others answering the question takes a peek at the hub and even people looking around online find the yahoo answers on yahoo search.I stumble into my own answers just by searching for something online a few times.

so your getting traffic from yahoo answers and yahoo search and from the person asking the question and from the others answering the question and from the one rite on yahoo answers looking for the same thing that person asked.

your getting traffic like 5 or 6 ways from yahoo answers.It works for my blog.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)