India on the verge of War with Pakistan

Jump to Last Post 1-30 of 30 discussions (77 posts)
  1. profile image0
    shinujohn2008posted 15 years ago

India is on the verge of starting a war with Pakistan. The Indian Air forces are now moving towards the borders and waiting to get commands from Officials to attack Pakistan occupied kashmir and smash Terrorist camps. CNN, Times Now and Headlines have reported such moves by Indian Army.

1. Mathi P profile image62
      Mathi Pposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Now In EDGE of Starting WAR . But End with handover some  terror to UN

by RUMOUR.

2. sassychic profile image61
      sassychicposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Im really sorry to hear about this. India and Pakistan have been at it for quite some time.
      I certainly hope that they dont, but by the way things are going thats not happening!

1. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
        VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It is better to cross the bridge, which has come..  avoiding it is only postponing it. 
        Our terrorist neighbours will never let us sleep peacefully till they perish. 
        We pray Him not to bring war... as it will slow down the progress achieved so far by India.

2. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

I really hope war does not break out shinujohn! it will be such a shame and a complete  waste of lives...

Do you or anyone else expect India to be more patient even after a number of terror attacks emanating from Pakistan?  Keeping quiet will be much more shameful for any nation.  Can you expect America to do the same?  Is India less sensitive than the Americans?  What is the answer to the Mumbai mayhem enacted exactly a month ago?  If India does not act now, the boiling anger of Indian citizens will see that terrorism and their supporters are finished.

1. kerryg profile image85
        kerrygposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Haven't you learned anything from Iraq? Or Afghanistan?

The US rushed into both wars on the strength of American rage over 9/11, toppled both governments in quick succession, and is now stuck in quagmires, fighting the same battles over and over. You can't go to war against terrorists. They don't operate that way.

You CAN go to war against Pakistan, but the resulting destabilization and violence will just create a breeding ground for more terrorists. Every piece of "collateral damage" will incite more people to hate you and plot greater attacks against you. Intelligence is the key to winning the war on terror, and destroying the conditions that create terrorists by fighting poverty and religious indoctrination with better education and job opportunities. Think for the long term.

2. ASHWINSPGA profile image58
        ASHWINSPGAposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Many occasions in the past when India has blamed Pakistan and Pakistan’s intelligence service for some kind of terrorism attacks, on all those occasions it turned out that the Indian army, police or some security or intelligence agency was responsible for attacks in their own country. These revelations came out of Indian government’s own investigative reports. These are facts which can be checked and not just made up stories as Indian government and press seem to be familiar with!  peace, harmony and prosperity is what everyone wants and the Indian government and media needs to act little more maturely and responsibly instead of Lifting up their guns and tanks and running off to war at every drop of a bullet. If India can prove beyond doubt Pakistan Intelligence is the mastermind behind the attacks im sure the international powers would take appropriate actions. Lack of evidence and India reluctance to cooperate with the Interpol in releasing their investigation reports is what holding the international community back.
        When the captive terrorist confessed he is from Pakistan then this doesnt means that whole Pakistan is to be blamed.
        ThE attacks that happened in Mumbai, has been happening in many parts of the world including pakistan, so instead of putting blames on others its better if all leading nations including India and Pakistan sit together and think of some constructive measuerments and unite to eliminate terrorist who are spreading  violence. War only adds on to the misery

3. ngureco profile image80
        ngurecoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Mahatma Gandhi was one of the finest leaders the world has ever seen. Gandhi preached passive resistance, believing that acts of violence only provoked a negative reaction whereas passive resistance provoked the aggressor into doing something which invariably pushed more people into supporting Indian.

The political leadership in India should ask themselves if it is Mahatma Gandhi in their position, how would he solve the current problem without endangering thousands of women’s children.

Mahatma Gandhi in Britain

http://www.historylearningsite.co.uk/typo3temp/pics/fc10dec694.jpg

During Mahatma Gandhi's era, Pakistan was a part of India; till his last breath, he never accepted partition and went into seclusion when these two nations got independence. 
          So, if we assume he is alive, we should also assume Pakistan is part of India.  Even if war comes, he will not advocate sathyagraha before tanks and aeroplanes. 

He was very much a practical man,  but his policies could not satisfy some people in his homeland.  That is why he was killed.  If he lived for some more time, he would have called for synthesis of the subcontinent. His dreams will come true in due course. 

However, hearing about Mahatma Gandhi gave me a sense of cool breeze in hot summer.

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Are you serious? That will be really sad...

Were you not sad when so many innocent people were killed and many injured in Bombay just one month before?  There were bomb blasts in Bangalore, Ahmedabad, Delhi and Jaipur from this year beginning.   
      When Russia was attacked by terrrorists from a very small nation, did not Russia rain bombs on Grozny and the whole city was destroyed?  Why not India?

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I never said I approved of that war. Neither I approve of the war between India and Pakistan, for whatever reason it may start. Neither any other war, for that matter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgpRzFUd4io

4. compu-smart profile image90
    compu-smartposted 15 years ago

I still hope war does not start in India or any country! for any reason! end of!

5. Sara Algoe profile image85
    Sara Algoeposted 15 years ago

I think we are missing a big point here. It will be a war between two nuclear states. A button push from here and a push from there and both countries would go back to stone age. I mean who would benefit from all that. Look at the broader aspect.

It was a big security laps. Indians must correct them selves first. i read a report that there are many terrorist organization which are totally Indian based and they are working perfectly in more than 15 Indian states. War Mongers Shame on you all !

War between two nuclear states.... then why does America attack Pakistani territory from north west ?   ... both countries will go to stone age... good imagination indeed. Only precision and timing of button pressing will see results.   
      There was no security lapse. All security personnel did their job extremely well.  All terrorist organisations based in Pakistan use to add "Indian.... " so as to look as Indian based.  There are no terrorist organisation against India on Indian soil.  Please wont you restrict your imagination to one or two states ?  There are only around 30 states in India.  Local muslims feed the Pakistanis.   Shame for warmongers... like USA... and Pakistan.?  I accept.

6. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60
    VENUGOPAL SIVAGNAposted 15 years ago

The world cannot expect peace in the subcontinent by the goings on in Pakistan.
    Schools in Pakistan teach that (1) India was part of Pakistan,  (2) British with the help of Hindus wanted to suppress Muslims. (3) Md.Ali Jinnah left Congress party because Hindus wanted to make muslims slaves with the help of British. (4) In 1965 and '71 wars, India was defeated everywhere. (5) India instigated Hindus in East Pakistan to revolt and invaded it to create Bangladesh.  (6) Everyone should get military training and be prepared to fight the enemy.

With such an attitude, how can the next generation be peaceful?  A solution have to be found out to ensure peace in the subcontinent.

7. guidebaba profile image57
    guidebabaposted 15 years ago

ATTACK is the best defence. We need to attack Terrorists in Pakistan (Not Pakistan). These ideots have been killing Indians in Kashmir and other parts of India since Independence. They do whatever, wherever and whenevre they feel like. We Indians are always on the offence and this is what the Terrorists are taking advantage of. ALL Pakistani Poloticians talk and act in favour of Terrorism because they fear for their lives. If they don't talk and act in favour of The Terrorists, they will be killed. Benazir Bhutto Assasination is the recent example.

99% on the Indian Politicians are CORRUPT. They are more worried about their position and chair than the country. Raj Thakrey from Mumbai is an example. He claims Mumbai belongs to Mumbaikers. After the 26/11 incident he hide himself in some hole and now he has rose again to play politics. Politics is a game for him. I consider people like Raj thakrey as the Biggest terrorist in India and he should be tried and hanged.

Yes, War brings destruction.... War brings killing. But there is always a limit...enough is enough.... We Indians need to get together... We need to Raise now... Kick away those useless politicians.... We need to unite against terrorism and terrorists.... We need a leader from among us.. We deserve to live in peace and develop.

India.... Kill those terrorists... Be Brave.

8. profile image0

Yes we should Fight Terrorists Outside India.

But how to deal with Terrorists Inside India - Underworld Donnes,Corrupt Officers Asking for Bribes, Goondas and Criminals are more dangerous than Terrorists.

1. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

We need to get united. We need a New Revolution. Common man need to UNITE irrespective of caste, colour and status. We need new thinking. Untill and Unless the Useless Politicians realise that common man is united, they won't fear anything. Comman Man sould have the POWER to Kick out any Politician whom they think is UNFIT. Educated people should enter politics. We just need a start. Is there any BRAVE Indian to start this. I am already in the making of a BLOG and will contact all Media (Electronics and Print) and write e-mails to them and ask them to join and support me. I will ask them to let people know about my Blog to people so that more and more people can join and learn.

I will let you people know when the Blog is done. I won't use it for Monetisizing.

1. ngureco profile image80
        ngurecoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Go ahead and preach peace and dialogue. No war, please.

When two bulls fight the grass will suffer. The common man in India and Pakistan will be the grass.

Why should you take your children to war when the two political leaderships can dialogue and solve the problem without loss of innocent lives?

Lets all preach peace to the people of India and Pakistan.

2. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Madam shinu,  while we talk of terrorists attacking India, please dont mingle them with internal matters... they will undermine our arguments.  I hear someone saying "first set your house in order."   If you take a subject for argument or discussion, we should finish them correctly.  We should not go on making a mess.
      There are police, paramilitary to deal with internal goondas. They will  look after them.  They are not equal to Pakistani terrorists, who are trained by Pakistani army and helped by ISI.

9. profile image58
    panah100posted 15 years ago

Hope not. We don't need another war.

10. topstuff profile image61
    topstuffposted 15 years ago

Pakistan has played a big role in fighting against terrorists, faced many blasts inside its own terriotory more than in India.If there wouldbe a war between the two countries,borders would become porous and it wouldbe beneficial for the terrorists to move freely and meet their big plans.India should watch out first the inside operating organisations and mutilate them.If India could do so on its own land then she could dream to finish terrorists  invading another land.

Your pro-Pakistani comments are full of stories.  Blasts are more in India... more deadly.. more deaths....
      Inside operating organisations will be dealt with by Indian Govt... Govt. is not aiding or giving them training as in Pakistan.

War will give way to anything... for that, how can terrorists and their abettors be let off ?
        We Indians do not want India to invade other lands... we want to liquidate terrorist camps wherever it is .... be it Pakistan, Bangladesh .... which we are totally capable of doing.

Sorry to note that all your points have not been taken note off by America before invading Iraq and Afganistan!

11. guidebaba profile image57

Hello everyone!

Here is the Blog: Vande Mataram

I will welcome all suggestions.

Next job is to post some good articles and then write mails to all the media.

I am sure there are serious people out here.

Mr. guidebaba, congratulations for your genuine efforts. (Please do it in English, if you want all Indians in your camp.)  I was long expecting something like this from someone.  You have come as a morning star !

Hello Mr. Sivangna: I appreciate your views. Vende Mataram is the National song of India and hence I wrote it in Hindi. Yes, I will make all my post in Engligh because 100% of the "Nitizens" know and understand English.

Wish me good luck.

12. guidebaba profile image57

Onyone out there?

13. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

I think that you will find hubpages an inappropriate venue for your war-mongering guidebaba.

You may have noticed that your hubber score is falling my the moment. This is because you are a thief and stole work from another hubber.

I suggest you promote your war against terror elsewhere.

And in English.

Goodbye.

Hello there. Which Hub and Hubber you are talking about? If you are talking about livelonger's hub - http://hubpages.com/hub/aronia and My Hub - http://hubpages.com/hub/Aronia-berry , then let me bring to your notice that Livelonger had STOLEN it 100% from Here: http://www.antioxidant-fruits.com/aronia-berry.html

Also I would like to bring to your notice that you are the a much biggest THIEF than I am - You are a Cleaver Old Thief.

You make an off-topic post here which just shows your intentions.

And yes, I am far better than you as far as English is concerned.

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Ah - so you stole it from some where else then?

Nonetheless - I very much suggest you stop promoting your war here.

Not welcome. Any more than when the Americans start saying, "God bless our troops."

I give them just as much of a hard time.

Take your war away, or go buy a gun and put your balls where your mouth is.

14. guidebaba profile image57

Mr. Mark: I have always said and have respected you as a Good Writer and blogger. I know you are. I have learnt a great deal from you. I had no intention to steal anyone's work. I just got the idea and did my own research and wrote the hub on Aronia and that's all.

I am not using my blog on Terror for Monetising, hence there is no question of promoting it here or anywhere else. Genuine readers will find there way to the blog themselves and these are the kind of people I am looking for.

I know war brings missery.

Families of those American soldiers must be suffering. No Indian wants such suffering. We Indians are talking against terrorism and not against pakistan or in favour of any war.

Thank you for your time.

Also I Apolozise for my above harsh words.

Terrorism is an idea. Not a person. You cannot kill an idea. You can only make things worse by calling to kill all these "terrorists."  Only more bad things and suffering can come from a call to war against the terrorists in Pakistan.

The answer is education, dialog and a hard look at your own part in creating the situation.

I do not wish to see war between India and Pakistan, and you are playing into the hands of the same politicians you deride by being so nationalistic and aggresive. You are becoming part of the problem.

I understand that you are angry. Terrorized even. But killing is not the answer. And never will be. Has it worked in the past? No - all it does is create more "terrorists."

The only way to defeat terrorism is to refuse to be terrorized, and give them reasons not to want to terrorize you......

Mr. Mark: Can I post this in my blog with the title " Can we kill Terrorism?"

Be my guest. I will even come and argue my position if it helps.

But please stop calling for war against these "terrorists in Pakistan." These people are your brothers, cousins and neighbors. Not an enemy. Give them reasons to want to be with you not against you.

And get rid of the politicians - I cannot argue with that smile

15. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

I am just wondering, how one can fight terrorists on Pakistan territory without invading it first?

Any Good Suggestion ? roll

1. Misha profile image63

Read what Mr Knowles is telling you.

Pakistan is our neighbour. Their training camps are within the range of our missiles. 
      We will do just as Russia did it in Chechenya.

1. Misha profile image63

Oh yes, I forgot we already had several chances to observe your deepest knowledge of the world history, including your own country *sarcasm smiley*.

For you education:
        1. Russia did not use missiles in Chechnya
        2. Chechnya never was recognized as an independent state by international community, it was and still is a Russian province.
        3. War in Chechnya did not bring any benefits to anybody but a few oligarchs
        4. Pakistan is internationally recognized independent state.
        5. Firing missiles to a territory of another state constitutes declaration of war against this state.
        6. Pakistan have missiles, too - and will fire them back

Now, the level of your argument, and all the history of your presence on hubpages makes me thinking you are breaking the TOS being here - you sound like a teenager, who you probably are. Actually, the level of argument is suitable more for kindergarten. Remember, you cannot use hubpages if you are younger than 18 years old. I think you deserve a good lashing from your farther, and this will put things into the right perspective for you.

Thanks Mr.Misha, my father is no more. He never even abuse or accuse any of his sons. 
          You experienced that?  You are certainly (not probably) younger than me.
          However, my postings stand, even if someone denies them. 
          During the Chechen conflict, I saw it in TV that a number of warplanes attacking Grozny and reducing the city to rubbles.  If it was a part of your country, then why was it attacked like that?

2. ASHWINSPGA profile image58

Venugopal Sivagna observing many of your posts and arguments here you think a war is the best solution to retaliate against the terror attacks. I also notice you mention Russia's attack on Chechanya and suggest India can do the same too.On paper India has a stronger military force and can field more than a million soldiers; Pakistan can manage around 650,000. Seeing all this comparing in the Indian media may have caused you to think India can do a Russia and attack at will without fear of Pakistani missles entering your country. Yes India has the advantage over Pakistan in terms of size and military might but we have seen in the past Pakistan are no rookies when it comes to war and many a times shown India they too can do maximum damage if they strike first and strike fast. Lets say India's overcomes all these attacks and finally defeats Pakistan, can you honeslty tell me no innocent lives would have been lost because of this war? To exact revenge India puts to danger millions more Indian lives and what purpose does that serve? And a country which is about to be defeated and has a few nuclear missles at their disposal? What do you think they would do? Hand it over to the Indian army so that they become more powerful or use it against India? And how many more Indians will be killed because of a nuclear blast? Have you forgotten Japan? The outcome would be the catastrophic.Venugopal Sivagna. You also seem to have forgetten Pakistan has China as its ally. Would your big mighty Indian army prevent more Indian lives from being killed if China attacks you from the other side? You don't seem to take all this factors as consideraton and keep jumping around screaming for war and blood. but if your family ends up being victims in one of the enemies strike i would like to see your face then and ask you if indeed war was the answer that is if you are indeed living in India in the first place lol
        http://www.nicholsoncartoons.com.au/cartoons/new/504%202002-05-28%20India%20Pakistan%20education%20war.JPGhttp://www.nicholsoncartoons.com.au/cartoons/new/2002-05-24%20May%20goodies%20baddies%20India%20Pakistan%20504.JPG
        http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a16/anthony_revolution/terrorism-militarism.jpg

Russia became very poor in 1991 when the Soviet Union broke into pieces due to its inability to control the former republics.  The situations remains unretrieved fully.  Do you know how India helped Russia to overcome economic problems?  By buying one nuclear submarine, India helped thousands of dock workers to return to work.... and so on.  That country can wipe out Chechenya, why not India?  You underestimate India very much due to your ignorance of facts existing in India.  Because Indians do not tend to lean towards the west or something else. 
          Please know that Singapore island was the first capital of India, as declared by Nethaji Subash Chandra Bose in 1944. Only because Japan lost the war, other things went the other way.  India has to set right several things.

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image58

I have avoided commenting further in post because your logic has turned ino a fanatic rant. Singapore a capital of India? How my people will laugh at you if they hear you say this.. Don't twist history to suit your needs.This statement itself shows what kind of a liar you are We were part of Malaysia and gained independence from them in 1965. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Singapore

In 1944 your mighty India itself were the servants of the British only gaining independence from them a few years later.You want to insult the world but don't feel shame when taking credit for the what the British did. If you want to talk about India talk about it when you had your own Government running the country,not when you were bowing down to the British Queen  With your idiotic twisting of facts and  truth you have sunk very low. I don't see how India can wipe out Pakistan like Russia did with Chechanya because India provided work for thousand of people when the Soviet Union broke up and that too in 1991.People are laughing at you. Its a waste of my time if i entertain you any further here.

(I edited this post so not to offend my other Indian friends here.Sorry. Point taken. my friends)

This is  what I was expecting MY Friend. And where is Anitha. I shared few e-mail with her and then she vanished. I am missing her.

1. ASHWINSPGA profile image58

She is around Guidedbaba still working at the same place as me. If you noticed i have deleted more than a hundred of my money making hubs so the monthly amount has decreased somehow rather steeply. So she joined a few hubbers at another site where they pay you money to write articles even without adsense and she seem to be doing rather well there.

Thanks Ashwin for the updates. Yes, I notices many of your hubs vanish. The remaining hubs nice. Hope your life is getting to normal now.

16. premsingh profile image60
    premsinghposted 15 years ago

Its true that terrorists belonged to Pakistan and its also true that training camps are running in Pakistan. Who is to be blamed for it? Pakistan's civilian Govt. or Pakistan's army or ISI?Its a well known fact that Pakistan's Civilian Govt. (Democtaic Govt.) has no power in its hands. Real power vests in the hand of Pakistan's Army. First of all world community must find ways to make Pakistan's Civilian Govt.really powerful. If this Govt. is relieved from the clutches of Pakistan's army, this Govt. can take decisions to bring peace in Pakistan as well as in India. Pakistan's present govt. makes statements which are given to them by army. It seems they don't have the liberty to even speak openly their own language. They speak whatever they are told by army to speak publicly. War against Pakistan is no solution to the problem of terrorism as Pakistan is itself suffering from terrorism.

Excellent. Can I post this in my Blog with your permission?

1. premsingh profile image60
        premsinghposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You have all the rights to use in whatever way you wish. Thanks.

17. guidebaba profile image57

Done.

18. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

India is a land full of religions, gods, philosophers, saints, etc. from time immemorial.  Our forefathers did not do enough for the security of their descendents.  We have to bear the onslaught ourselves, each time an attack is launched on us. 
    Times have changed very much... but not the idea of attacking India by our neighbours.   
    If we talk of retaliating, someone says it is all warmongering... then how can we protect ourselves ?   Preaching patience sitting thousands of miles away is easy.  But it is not easy to console the families of those killed by terrorists. 
    Some says terrorists cannot be wiped out.. they will multiply.  But they fail to see that children whose parents are killed are turning terrorists here also.  Before it is too late, all should stop advocating patience to those affected and try to persuade the terrorist sponsoring countries to stop their mischief.
    We want peace.. we want development... we want the ancient glory of India return to us....

19. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

I am in India for the last 60 years.  I know more about my country than you.

Mr. Ashwin, 7 years before you were born, India fought a bloody war with Pakistan, got it divided into 2 and Bangladesh was created.  That was when the US 7th fleet entered Indian ocean via Singapore in support of Pakistan.  Before the war started, Pakistani leaders roared that India will be destroyed. When war started on 4-12-1971, the first day saw the destruction of Karachi and Chittagong ports... . navy became ineffective. The airforce was rendered ineffective. On 16-12-1971, war ended in Bangladesh with the surrender of 93000 Pak troops. 

It is better to die in a war than in a terror strike. How many innocent lives were killed in 2008 alone here... do you know?  Are they not lives?  For one murder, a court will give one death sentence.  For all their killings, how many death sentences do the Pak terrorists and their supporters deserve ?

Not even a child will be frightened by your stories about Pakistani missiles entering India. 
    But I agree that they will send missiles... like Palestinian missiles into Israel some 4 days ago. The Israeli retaliation is being watched by the whole world.

I would better like the Pakistanis to improve the living standards of their people, their education, health, etc, instead of roaring against India.

Yet here you are roaring against Pakistan.......

There is issues on both sides, but fighting is not going to resolve anything any more than it did with all the killing in the last war and the killing during the seperation. I realize that India is facing difficult economic times, but starting a war is not the answer.

And I for one fail to see the difference in getting your legs blown off by a missile fired in war as opposed to  during a "terrorist" attack.

Perhaps you would care to explain the difference?

Honour?

Whenever a problem arises here, you use the words " India is poor... India is facing difficult economic times..." and so on.  We are not so poor that you like us to be.... We are richer than your Britain.... or USA.  With more than a billion population and scores of trouble in around us, you seem to enjoy it by saying as you like.
        Assume we are poor... as you like... can a poor man be attacked at will?

I need not explain the difference of terrorist attacks and war.  We can expect things in a war... we can retaliate or even pre-empt in a war...  Do you think Indian legs only will be blown apart...?  Even British and American legs.. why not.. even Israeli legs can be blown apart if you happen to be there like in Mumbai on 26-11-2008.

2. JYOTI KOTHARI profile image59
        JYOTI KOTHARIposted 15 years agoin reply to this

India is not facing economic crisis but the US and Pakistan. India is still managing its growth rate and will maintain it. Pakistan has started seeking help from IMF and other financial institutes. And of US? Every body knows.
        Jyoti Kothari

20. guidebaba profile image57

Dear Mr. SIVAGNA, I respect your Patriotism. Yes, we Indians are angry on what the Pakistanis have been doing since independence. India has never acted. We have only reacted.

Every action has an equal and opposite reaction.

Kasab is caught in the Mumbai 26/11 terror attacks. We have 2 options:

1. Hang him – What do we get from this? We will get more terrorism. More hatred and more terror attacks.

2. Forgive him – Give him good place to live in. Give him good education, food, cloth and shelter and more importantly love and care. He will send message to the world to leave the path of terrorism and come forward for dialogues and sort out all the misunderstandings and problems. This will be more effective than hanging him.

The world had been trying to kill terrorists but terrorist still persists. What is the reason? There is no weapon invented to kill the idea of terrorism which is developed out of hatred, uneducation, and poverty. We need to kill these evils of society before killing terrorism.

I second that smile

Mr.guidebaba, you as Indian,...... it is strange to imagine that you advocate terrorists. The perception that terrorism persists even after killing many terrorists is totally wrong.  If we wipe out terrorism at a place, it can never rear its head there.... Can terrorists do mischief in China?  Why not we put off this nasty terrorist group in India?  They can never rise up, if we finish them now.  Pakistan kept quite for more than 30 years after their humiliating defeat in 1971.   Almost a generation has not heard of war noise on our borders.  It is only after Al Qaeda set foot in Afganistan that Pakistan roars again.  If we put off that Al Qaeda, it will solve all problems.  Foreigners know less about India.. But we should not be like that.

You have given me a topic to research. The only thing that I can guess at the moment is that China CARES for its citizens more than India does.

But I will do my homework on this and post an article in my blog.

Thanks !

What is special in that?  Here is another shocking fact:
          Pakistan likes India more than Indians.!

3. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

I would like the Indian Govt. to forgive poor Kasab, give him Indian citizenship, give him good education in a military school.  He is believed to be from a very poor family and did this for a paltry amount... It is shameful to think of he plight of Pakistani citizens..  Why not they come to India and enjoy freedom and democracy?  If Pakistanis join the Indian mainstream of
      democratic and free life,  no one need play mischief in the subcontinent.

21. crusador profile image74
    crusadorposted 15 years ago

India is economically more sound and better placed in terms of defence strengths than Pakistan. Pakistan creates such situations to get aid from other countries to strengthen its defense system. Economically situation is getting worse day by day in Pakistan. Few days back there was a news item in print media. Suicide bombers are available on hire in Pakistan and being used by people there to settle personal scores. Recently a suicde bomber was hired by a Pakistan businessman investing $20000 to kill a competitor businessman. This all was revealed by the Pakistan police. One can assume from this that situation has become so grave that people are willing to die for want of money. Under such situations it becomes very easy for any terrorist organization to carry out terrorist activities. Present Indian Govt. doesn't have the will power to carry out any invasion against Pakistan sponsored terrorism. They are just staging a drama to get votes in the comming elections. Political system in India has reached to its lowest if we talk about moralistic values as evident from no-action against politician who led agitations in Mumbai and several other places against people of their own country but belonging to other states. Problem of naxalism is the result of corruption prevalent in administration and political system and got backing from politician as shown by the nexus of naxalites and politicians. It's easy to blame external forces for creating disturbances in India but what about problems being created by internal forces.

Why there is so much hue and cry after 26/11 incidence? Is it because this time terrorists have targeted elite class? There have been several such attacks in the past and Govt. response has been just declarations of petty financial aids to dependents of victims. We need to give a deep thinking to find ways and means to tackle the problem of terrorism irrespective of its nature.

Why not India hire all the suicide bombers... to put off terrorists?
      Hasty decisions will never work.  Malegaon did have a terrorist attack... but it turned out to be  the work of local Hindus.  We should deal with them separately.  Petty financial aids help to ease tensions.... 
      How to tackle terrorism.... we should defeat the enemy countries and organisations which have some designs on India.  That is the only solution.

22. Dame Scribe profile image57
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

War on the horizon is scary. I can only imagine but know that there are people here who will do what they can to help and/or push for changes to help. smile only time I get afeared here is if there is a forest fire over yonder tongue

23. guidebaba profile image57

I have the Extinguisher at my Bottom. tongue tongue

Baba... where is the fire? the same also with you?

24. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

If anyone denies what I said, it is not my fault. You may read the history of Indian National Army led by Subash Chandra Bose. The leader of  women's wing of that INA (Captain Lakshmi) contested the President elections in India in 2002 against APJ Abdul Kalam. 

Any fool or idiot can laugh at facts... They are free.  A Govt. started functioning from Singapore, a radio station was opened, a new currency was introduced in 1944.. as far as I understand..  Because Singapore was bowing to British first and Malaysia later, they may have left them in their history.   

No one bowed to the English except those working under them. It is their duty to bow before their masters. Even English people bow before the Queen if they work under the Queen..

25. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

At the end of World war 2, Nethaji Subash Chandra Bose was declared a war criminal and was hunted.  But he died in a plane crash along with his achievements.  His ashes are kept in Japan.  His wife was a German lady who visited India recently.  For more than 20 years he and his efforts were not recognised even in India.  He is now regarded as a freedom fighter. Several cities have a street in his name.  If the British or anyone else fail to recognise him, it is not our fault.  He was part of our freedom struggle.

26. profile image0

I started this thread just to say India and Pakistan were on the verge of starting a war.

India and Pakistan has declared that they will not get into a war at present.

But i think people here have started a war with their replies. Let us make Hubpages a peaceful place first.

Ms.shinu, thanks for starting this hub.  Only by this hub, I came to know that a lot of people dont agree India's stature and capabilities... 

The main problem is language... we in India fail to agree that only English will enlighten our country among nations.  Everywhere, there are problems of language, religion, region, caste, colour... It is true that we will not be able to catch up with the world with the present mindset. 

Especially, the BJP leaders start the speech in English and within minutes,  they revert to Hindi, which is unknown for other nations and even in many parts of India.  They go on speaking in Hindi thinking that they have delivered their message. What a pity....?  The former Prime Minister AB Vajpayee did like this before the visiting American President, Bill Clinton in 1998....  After a brief smile, Clinton left the dais and our Vajpayee felt satisfied.

27. Mathi P profile image62
    Mathi Pposted 15 years ago

Previously i said , War is not possible . But , We are like and handover the problem to UN

28. VENUGOPAL SIVAGNA profile image60

Indian writers should start a special campaign of writing our history in English and send it free of cost to other countries.  Our newspapers especially "The Hindu" should be made available for a cent or so in England,  America and elsewhere.

The MEA should make special arrangements to publish articles on Indian heritage and history in foreign newspapers.  The present practice of publishing women dancers in every pamplet depicting Indian culture should be stopped.  What about other achievements? Our victories, our historical forts and palaces,  our richness before, during and after foreign invasions and colonisations.. and especially what about Chandrayan?     

On the first day of the Mumbai carnage, the Indian Prime Minister was so enraged that he telephoned Pakistan PM and demanded the handing over of ISI chief... The next day, his anger subsided... why ?  Now he says no war needed... It is good. But what about the angry Mumbai people who demanded the raiding of terrorist camps in Pakistan, Bangla Desh and China ? 

After all, India is a democracy and are blessed with the option of expelling erring governments..

29. Mathi P profile image62
    Mathi Pposted 15 years ago

it's not end ?

30. ocbill profile image53
    ocbillposted 15 years ago

A war there in southeast Asia, a war in the Middle East, Iran building nuclear missles, Russia getting angry at western Europe, and becoming stronger, the coming economic depression, 2012 approaching estimated by soothsayers as the end of the world.
    Although, I was not present in the 1st depression era, it seems like the 1930's repeating itself,
    It is brewing folks. Be very careful where you are.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)