Does God Exist?

Jump to Last Post 51-63 of 63 discussions (1023 posts)
  1. Kiss andTales profile image60
    Kiss andTalesposted 9 years ago

Because no man can count the hairs on his head. You just try . Even the secretaries of bible writers never claimed they could do this. But of Devine origin or higher entity then humans have this ability . Just like if you invented Robot ! You know exactly how you built him you know exactly what it would take in power  to make him work. You would know the small and large details .
    And with humans even the number of our hairs are known.

2. Kiss andTales profile image60

I am glad you pointed out that you assume just as you have in your prior post of opinion. I do not claim I a A in the English language but when any replies back it is very clear I am understood as you are replying now. So that statement is all it is.

3. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
    Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years ago

Bliss cannot be found in the outer world. Heaven is within.

4. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

narcissism: The term originated from the Greek mythology, where the young Narcissus fell in love with his own image reflected in a pool of water. W
    - how does this relate in the slightest to what I have said?

5. Kathryn L Hill profile image78

Looking into a mirror might promote love of outer self,
    But focusing within brings one to the kingdom of God,
    (which Jesus reveals is within,) where true love of inner self and the inner selves of all and the Source of all selves is felt and perceived.

Right?
    Luke 17:21

1. Joseph O Polanco profile image43
      Joseph O Polancoposted 9 years agoin reply to this

@Kathryn

"focusing within brings one to the kingdom of God, [] where true love of inner self and the inner selves of all and the Source of all selves is felt and perceived."

Just where precisely does the Bible expressly teach this? Certainly not at Luke 17:21.

1. wilderness profile image94
        wildernessposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Sounds very much like the beliefs of very early gnosticism.  The Christian "sect" that the church systematically hunted down and killed, destroying all the books and other records it could find.

So I rather doubt you will find it in the bible; the bible written by the church that destroyed those with that belief.

1. Kathryn L Hill profile image78
          Kathryn L Hillposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Bingo.

Kiss andTalesposted 9 years agoin reply to this

But did that stop the bible from going out of existence or making it obsolete ?
            No the message in it is still enforce no matter how many reject it.

- Information no longer in the Bible or (mentioned only briefly) which should be understood to avoid misinterpretation:
              Reincarnation
              Meditation
              Yoga practice of controlling breath and heart.
              Divine Mother
              Astral Plane
              Healing practices utilizing energy of body/diet.

The principles are there, many people add their own interpretation and opinion of what is written, that is why we have so many religions. but there stands one truth ! The one truth is accepted by people who are contencious of their spiritual needs, who certainly look to the  true God for the answers. And he has never let those who look for him down. There is a differance in people who look for excuses not to accept truth.

1. profile image0
                  jonnycomelatelyposted 9 years agoin reply to this

Ha! The god spell according to St K&T.  (And Joseph of course.)
                  But never venture beyond what you have come to regard as the narrow, set-in-a-mold "truth." 
                  A pathetic, limited version of a god that doesn't like this, wont allow that...who writes in obscure meaning, in numerous human languages,  and performs wondrous magical tricks that step outside of his laws of nature....
                  .....when the real journey of exploration is beyond the "god out there."  In here! The journey of enlightenment.  Is this not the meaning of "Yoga?"

yoga = union
                    Uniting our consciousness with God's.
                    Living a pure life keeps us on track toward this end.
                    Money is the root of all evil when the pursuit of it takes us away from our ultimate destiny, after all we cannot take it with us.

Atheists do not really have a destiny to speak of... do they?

2. profile image0

Joseph, you can look within the bible " 'til kingdom come....'" but you will never find what you really seek.

Until you drop that need to control others through adherence to an ambiguous ancient text and, instead, look into your own Inner Being, you will always be wasting your own time and that of everyone else. 

But, then, if it's only your own time you waste, so be it.   Hopefully there will be others who look into this discussion and truly see the lies you are perpetrating; and they will find their own enlightenment, free of your home-grown problems. smile

"see the lies you are perpetrating"

And just what lies am I supposedly perpetrating?

1. profile image0

One big untruth of your self.

???

1. profile image0

Climb every mountain....

2. Sed-me profile image80
              Sed-meposted 9 years agoin reply to this

No, he was right with the question marks. lol smile

6. Sed-me profile image80
    Sed-meposted 9 years ago

Yes.

(You can close the thread now. You're welcome.)

7. Kiss andTales profile image60

Also no matter how many try to get rid of it. Hide it change it's meaning . Really no work of man.

8. Kiss andTales profile image60

You have already defined it I do not need to repeat your opinion . I am telling you what that means in believing . As we all will believe creating an action or outcome .You write to me on hp because you created a reply waiting for results. You believe I will reply. And I do.
    The point is believe will always come before existence . No matter the outcome. We all believe everyday of our life. To get things done. You can not separate the two.
    In your example my believe got me hired to receive the salary I still received results of and of  a Job . Even though the end is bankruptcy . I still exercise my believe.

9. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 9 years ago

Here's an interesting story.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … igned.html

Just out of curiosity, how can objects (such as the ones in the above story) be "billions of lightyears" away from us, when the age of the entire universe is only a dozen or so billion years old? (NOT lightyears!)

They DO move, you know.  I confess, I'm not understand your question.

10. Steel Engineer profile image79
    Steel Engineerposted 9 years ago

I have always laughed at atheists. They say life came from rocks "water upon the rocks." They have no explanation from where the rocks originate. They have the same lack in their belief, but no proof. We have millions of miracles to support our wisdom. They have NONE to support theirs. All their facts break down to lies. Often, the impetus for lying is very easy to find. Darwin was pressured by his peers. Lucy was a fraud claimed by Donald Johansen... who was about to lose his financing from the (known Satanist family) Rockefellers.
    Meanwhile, I can easily claim, "GIVEN ENOUGH TIME, one sentient being (aka God) could easily create a whole universe... given enough time." That makes more sense than nothing creating everything... given enough time.

1. profile image0

How about giving us a thesis on "God in the Iron Age," as "God in the Steel Age?"   smile

For one who depends on the technology obtained from good, accurate scientific study, you surprise me with your arrogant attitude towards atheist-minded people.

Even if we were to concede that a "creator" might have brought our universe into existence, that does not logically lead to a judgmental god looking down up each and every act of each and every human being.  Such stuff is human designed and engineered for ultimate control of other humans.. nothing less.

2. wilderness profile image94

LOL  Yes, you can easily make the claim, or any other (we all can).

The difficult part is supporting you claim with facts.  Which, I see, you carefully failed to do.

I think this is good proof that Engineer has listed, no one has proved it not to be true, but people know the difference when you are rejecting an answer then putting up proof . You are not. So it is so easy for you to say you have not given it . Then give it. This is so old .

WHAT proof?  All he offered was an opinion and a false statement that there are millions of miracles (which I define as something that defies natural law) to look at!  Oh, and the false statement that we do not know where rocks come from; we understand that event quite well.

The only truth there was that Darwin was pressured, which he was.  Pressured by friends to publish his work and theory; Darwin was very afraid to publish (and events proved his fear was quite correct) for what the church would do to him.  Not that that has anything to do with the validity of his work.

Where is your proof you have never produced any as long as I have been here on hubpages. And that have been some years now. And all I have heard is the same old lines , Because you have no legit proof.  So you just keep repeating those words over and over again as a substitute to reject proof . I have never seen the same people ever say something was correct  . Everything can not all be wrong .
            But you label everything that is said here. wrong and no proof. That is not realistic.

You (and others) make the claim of a god, not I.  So prove it.  Somehow you seem to forget the little fact that claims require proof, expecting the claim to stand on it's own as truth.  It doesn't.

But I do notice you didn't indicate what the engineer said that could be construed as proof.  Care to elucidate now?

11. Kiss andTales profile image60

Thumbs up to you ! Steel Engineer now that proof!

12. Kiss andTales profile image60

Very good example cat333 I appreciate it.

1. Cat333 profile image60
      Cat333posted 9 years agoin reply to this

Thanks and you're welcome! Here's another example that may be of interest:

About three years ago at a bizarre, I was walking along the tables when a man holding a stuffed puppy approached me. I thought maybe he was going to see if my then two-year-old son was interested in it. Instead he said to me, "Do you want to hold it?" I admit my thoughts were a little harsh - I thought to myself, Why does this crazy old man think I'd want to hold a stuffed animal; why wouldn't he give it to my son? But so as not to hurt his feelings, I took the stuffed puppy. Immediately, strange sensations and jolts of warmth and power went through me, and I immediately wanted to know who this man was and whether or not he was a Christian because it was obvious that either 1) it was of God and the stuffed animal was anointed, or 2) there was something from an evil, demonic realm going on. I had absolutely not been expecting this, and even when I experienced this manifestation I could not determine if it was of God or an evil force. So to determine, I quickly read the fliers he had. He and his wife were Christians and made the stuffed animals for orphans of other countries to comfort them. They were a non-profit organization; all the proceeds (as well as stuffed animals) went to help these orphans. It seems the stuffed animals had been anointed so that they would bring comfort to the children who'd lost their parents. Such an unexpected experience, and I admit one likely not easily believed by those who've never experienced anointing or supernatural manifestations.

13. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 9 years ago

JONNYCOMELATELY WROTE:

" .........You know that I do not accept the idea of an individual consciousness continuing after my death. ......"

================
          I was pondering this issue concerning the individual consciousness continuing after death.
    Assuming that we do; Would it be most similar to the consciousness that I possessed when I was a teenager, or   like when I was in my twenties raising infants, or later raising teenagers?
       Or would my attitude be more like it was when I first held a grandchild?
       Maybe none of the above.   
       What if I was a tea toddler when I was young and a crack addict in my later years.
        If my personal consciousness does continue after death, do I get to choose from the list above concerning the condition of my consciousness that I get to keep.
    Or  am I stuck with where I happen to be at the time of death?
       From my prospective, it seems I have been different people at different times in this life.

As I said in the beginning of this post. 
    I was contemplating this issue and have yet to come to any conclusion.

Does the consciousness have a long term memory?  If so, it would seem reasonable to assume it can and will grow and develop, it will change, over time.  Given that, it should not matter a great deal just what point of your past becomes the after death consciousness.

And if it doesn't, if there is no memory or growth, it would be hard to imagine a worse fate.  Unless it was eternal life in a changing consciousness that has repeated every possible experience a million times over!

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 9 years agoin reply to this

I don't know any of the answers to be true. I just know there are more questions than I can imagine.
           Sometimes it seems that some of these questions come to me from somewhere else other than my own consciousness.  And if they do ?  It would seem that  my consciousness is connected to something outside of my self.  And would that be as saying, my consciousness is drawn to it?

Whatever that is (?)  would you be offended if I call what ever "IT" is,  something in particular when I don't know what it is?  If I chose to call it God, and then attach attributes to it depending upon my experiences with it ?   
              I can create whatever "close and personal" reality in my own mind but I can not (and don't want to) control that close and personal reality of your mind.

We must remember that there is this other reality, out there in the world, that for the most part, has little or nothing to do with what is going on in my mind.  Those things I am unaware of does sometimes affect my reality in some ways that I am unaware.
           gotta go for now  --  be back later

"If I chose to call it God, and then attach attributes to it depending upon my experiences with it ?"

Why not?  It seems everyone else has, and then went on to proclaim their version to be the one and only true God.

Although your experiences don't seem to be well researched, even to the point that they originate outside you - words such as "seem", "what ever", "something", "don't know" don't give a lot of confidence that there is actually anything there at all.

"Seems to me"  ... seems to me to be the only true expression as apposed to "I"M Sure it is the way I prepreive it to be"
                Just because something Seems to be true to a multitude does not make it a certainty any more than when something else "Seems" to be true to only one individual.
               Many things "Seemed" to be true for Einstein that didn't seem to be true to his peers.

My experiences need not be researched by anyone seeing as I am not making any conclusion and stating it as a fact.
               It is impossible to prove a thought comes from out side from the self.
               There is a definition in the dictionary for what a thought is.
               There is equipment that detects activity in the brain when a person is having thoughts.
               Can you hold a thought in your hand or in a basket? Can't smell it or taste it, eat it or measure it.

Can a thought be contained in a single brain or does it fill a room?
            I can give you a thought that you have never thunked before by whispering in your ear.
            I might shout across a room and only a few people may hear and be given a thought from it.

A thought is kinda like an invisible object being thrown into the pond of our mind.
            If not for the ripples on the surface others might not know you had one.
               Science can measure differences on the surfaces of your mind when you have a thought, but from that, can they tell how good or bad that thought was?  Was it big or little; is it red or is it blue.

But you are going to tell me where it comes from or doesn't?
            I don't care if you say "It Seems" like or that you are sure of it, I don't think you do.

2. profile image0

Lol!   That what ever it might be after death is like nothing you can describe.

Is it not a peculiar condition of the human mind tries to latch onto something which is beyond description yet chooses to ignore/neglect reality which is demanding care and attention?

For example, there has been great fear generated around what might, potentially be harmful in the radio waves eminating from cell phones - with little or no scientific evidence to back up such concerns.
      Yet the same people wilfully ignore the very real, and proven, dangers of using a phone while driving a motor vehicle or pushing a baby in stroller across a busy road.
      Strange and so contradictory.

I see religious beliefs a bit like this.

One would think that IF one thing is to be true, that in itself would mandate a line of possibilities that should follow, and another set of circumstances that then could not be true.

So, depending upon what thing we first determine in our mind to be true,  this choice then determines the path in which our beliefs are to expand.
            So choose wisely; do you take the blue pill or the red one.
            For either, in your own mind must certainly appear to be truth.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)