Whys Is God a "HE"

Jump to Last Post 1-40 of 40 discussions (144 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image68
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

When god or the creator of the universe made humans, why was He a He?  What happened to the other's that we were made into their image?  Why doesn't the Bible ever speak of these things?

1. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Maybe because it's not real.

2. debris profile image79
      debrisposted 15 years agoin reply to this

God created a male first, then realizing that Adam needed a counterpart then formed the female.  It is easy to simply dismiss the Bible as fiction but science has not yet assessed how the universe was formed.  They simply say that it was the big bang.  Allow me to pose this:

Scientists agree that you cannot create nor destroy matter or energy, only change its form.  How did that matter and energy come to be then to form the big bang?  That matter and energy had to come from somewhere.  Some say it formed from gases being heated then cooled, gas is matter, you cannot create nor destroy matter, where did that gas come from?  You can't heat gas without energy, where did your energy come from?  It wasn't simply there!  How could it simply be there?

Scientists pretend to have it all figured out, but they never address the real beginning.  They say a big bang occurred and evolution ensued.  That's fine, but where did the making of the big bang come from?  You needed matter and energy, but your scientific laws say that it cannot be created nor destroyed.

1. Pest profile image77
        Pestposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Good point...I like the fact that God realized he screwed up by not creating man and woman...

1. debris profile image79

But you did not address the rest of my post pest, please continue.

1. AEvans profile image70
            AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

God created Adam and Eve and Eve came from the rib of Adam , why do we all keep discussing the same topics? Christianity? Can't we discuss what a buddhist believes, muslim, a one eyed-one horned flying purple people eater? I didn't mean to impose but there are other topics besides always defending our christianity and our beliefs.. Just my opinion.smile

2. Lady Guinevere profile image68
        Lady Guinevereposted 15 years agoin reply to this

you said: God created a male first, then realizing that Adam needed a counterpart then formed the female.
        That is not true.  Eve was Adam's second wife.

EVERYTHING is ENERGY.

To address your energy statement: correct, and that is why I don't subscribe to the scientific explanation of the creation of the universe.  As for the second wife, I believe you're referring to lilith, created from the clay.  I think that is mainly from the Alphabet of of Sira, or Ben Sira.  There is a lot that is mistaken with that writing including it's attribution to Ben Sira.  Be careful. 

There is a lot of experts that claim to know everything.  Only you can truly decide what you believe.  This includes myself.  Research what I say before you believe it.  I read a lot of scientific material and religious material and draw my own conclusions.  I wish to simply only present you with what I know.  But be careful basing your philosophies off of the Alphabet as there is still much to learn about it.  I hope that you find all of the answers you seek smile

Be careful of what?  Lilith and Adam were created together in thier likeness.  Lilith was Adam's equal in everything.  If you say that Lilith ws created of clay then so would Adm be created the same.  Liilth didn't like Adam telling her what and how to do things becsause SHE was his EQUAL. Now what is there to be careful about with that..unless you too think women should be subservients like Adam was (supposed) to be to Eve and therefore when she told him to eat of the fruit--it was all HER fault.

Anyway so why is GOD a HE?  This has nothing to do with Adam and Eve or Science and it appears that you are deflecting the question.

Less anger.  It appears you're allowing feminist motives to rile up the conversation.  You're clearly adament that women are equal, did I say they weren't?  The only evidence to answer the question you're trying to have answered is in the bible, which I tried to present you with this information.  As we don't have the ability to travel back in time, I do apologize that my answer is insufficient.  But I will be bowing out of this conversation due to hostility.  smile  I wish you an absolutely wonderful day, and once again, I do hope you find your answer smile

Sorry but i am not angry and it seems that for those who ask questions the first thing that is pointed is that the one asking the question is angry at someting or someone or the church.  Not everything is in your bible and it states so.  I know the answer to the questions that I seek and they are not in that bible.  Science doesn't either.  It is only hostile if you take it that way.  I am only asking questions.

3. Lady Guinevere profile image68

I don't remember asking how the universe was formed, so you didn't answer the questioneither.

4. countrywomen profile image60
        countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sir,

Since this is a theological question I fail to understand why science has been bought into the picture. Well since you bought it then let me ask you this?

In Science we have an accepted process/methodology to prove/disprove theories? In religion when there are so many and each claiming there version to be the "truth" based on their faith where the accepted process/methodology is to practice the regulations of that particular religion to know the "truth" then can it be reasonably ascertained to be the undisputed truth by all?

I believe both are separate areas and one(religion) is personal which should be left to the individual experiences and the other(science) is open to be proved/disproved as it is continuously evolving(where the end of scientific knowledge is nowhere in sight). There are so many experiences that science is still learning to explain hence science by itself isn't perfect but at least it open for questioning.

But whereas in areas of faith let us live and let live along with others who may have a different religion or no religion since each individual's mindset varies based on there personal background, upbringing and experiences. smile

My reason for bringing it up was because of people that were simply dismissing it as false.  I believe many of these people do that from flawed scientific explanation.  But I certainly agree that Science is important, and is most certainly a work in progress.  I think religion is a wonderful thing as long as people don't warp it for their own motives as many extremists do.

5. Mark Knowles profile image57
        Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Pretty omnipotent then huh? He made a male then "realized" that the male would need a female to breed? lol

You do not actually take the fairy tale literally do you? lol

Well it seems that this is another Hit and Run kinda guy!  We have so many of these!  Can we give em tickets?  LOL

6. Paraglider profile image88
        Paragliderposted 15 years agoin reply to this

It doesn't really work to take the simple classical Conservation laws and apply them to singularities. If you're not sure what a singularity is, sketch a graph of y = 1/x for the range x = -1 to x = 1. Notice something happening at the origin? The big bang can be likened to a singularity that all mass/energy somehow passed through. From this side of it, you can (in theory only) analyse your way back ever closer to it, but not through it. But don't be thinking about classical concepts like gas and energy in the neighborhood of a singularity.

Scientists do not "pretend to have it all worked out". They try to come up with closer and closer approximations to the truth, rejecting theories that prove inadequate. The big bang and evolution have nothing whatever to do with each other, beyond being the two theories that religionists like to shoot peas at. How much organic matter do you reckon there was around the big bang?

Let me know if you need a hand drawing that graph, ok?  smile

3. countrywomen profile image60
      countrywomenposted 15 years agoin reply to this

LG- I guess it depends on the culture too. In certain eastern religions there is a belief of Mother Goddess (I.e., In Hindus Kali is Mother Goddess and the presiding deity of the city of Calcutta). Even in the west the Pagans have a belief in the Mother Goddess and besides that the Roman catholics also pray to Mother Mary (although I don't know whether they equate her to God) smile

4. robie2 profile image78
      robie2posted 15 years agoin reply to this

God is a he????? who knew? smile

5. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Is there really any God ? mad

I learnt that the "Big Bang" Created the Universe. neutral

6. Mr Nice profile image76
      Mr Niceposted 15 years agoin reply to this

God is neither man nor a woman or even a human. However, God is simply spirit or energy & is invisible but exists in every living being.

I totally agree with that statement!

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
          SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Alpha and Omega, Yang and Yin, the two halves of the whole. can't have one without the other. It is my understanding, that in the ultimate origin sense of creation, Alpha (the Spirit source) becomes Omega (mater source). We see it happening all the time as impetus of Spirit is coalescing into the substances of which stars, planets and all mater are being born.

The Universe is not meant to be totally understood. The Spirit Source can not be understood perfectly...I have no problem accepting that. big_smile   But I do enjoy watching man think he can reason all that is. Though it is truly a waste of their time, when they could be expending that energy creating a better world within and without.
          Physical space is not the final frontier. big_smile

2. Patricia Costanzo profile image60
          Patricia Costanzoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

When God allowed themselves to be created as individuals, we let them call God, he or she, whatever we wanted at the time.

7. Darrell Roberts profile image71
      Darrell Robertsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I will not claim to be a religious expert, I will only share with you what I have learned.  In the English language the word GOD is Omnipresent, Omniscient, Omnipotent. The "Lord" is the "he" that is spoken of in the Bible.  If you read the Bible carefully you read the book you will see that therr is more than one creation one by God and one by the "Lord".  The Bible is a translated book you one would have to be an expert in Greek, Latin and History to really get mastership of understanding or decoding the book.

Consider that there are other cultures where Goddess is in charge and she is the original creator.  My final analysis is that people will say and think what they want, but there is no absolute evidence about how this cosmos was created, that is why there is "Faith".

I wish you the best in your serch. Peace and Blessing.
      Darrell

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

Because the Bible was written by men.

1. Pest profile image77

hahahaha!  True, true.

2. AEvans profile image70
      AEvansposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Now that is the truth, but unfortunately the thread will go on:D

3. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 15 years ago

'God' to my mind is neither male nor female but encompasses everything we can think of and many we cannot. God and Goddess are human terms for communication purposes in a universe of opposites.

1. RKHenry profile image64
      RKHenryposted 15 years agoin reply to this

So God is like Pat from SNL.

That sounds about what I think too.

4. Lady Guinevere profile image68

I think we are forgetting history in this question too.  Here were were shown Sciencetific evidence as being unprovable and the Bible as absolute proof.  When I asked the question about God bein a HE and not a SHE and I brought up my thoughts, they were then called be careful, and then I it was insunnuated that I was being feminist and the person walked away.  He never did answer the direct question but beated around the bush.  Then I was told that all answers are in the Bible and when I told them they are not they left and told me that they hope that I find all my answers and that we cant go back in time.........then that just means they don't or can't find the answers in the bible.  What is wrong with that picture?

5. Raj kamal profile image60
    Raj kamalposted 15 years ago

Bible, or for that matter any religious book is the representation of the ideas of the dominant group of that particular religion (the Priestly class). They are also useful as tools to understand the then living conditions and social structure. May be those who wrote Bible wanted to suppress women. So, they gave man a top priority.

When we compare the religious books of various regions, we can conclude that almost similar changes took place in all of them and they represented the same ideas at same time periods.

According to History, the first settled lives in all parts of the globe had matriarchal families. At in the same time period, they all showed a gradual shift towards dominance of men especially when one settlement began to conquer the other. The importance of man as a protector, fighter and eventually a savior was established.

It was in this time period that people began to write religious books. So, man was given more importance and he was glorified with the creation of characters like Adam.

Strictly speaking, the earliest man worshiped various forces of nature and most of them were equated with the feminine gender. So, the actual God is a woman. Later, when man found a way to protect himself from these forces, the importance to the Gods of nature diminished gradually and many of the medieval and modern Gods were created.

Thank Yu very much fr this Historical approach.  I have done so in one of my hubs too.  I will post it but please don't take this as a promotion to my hubs becasue I only want to spread knowledge and not get money from these.  So here is the hub:
      http://hubpages.com/hub/Th-Long-And-Winding-Road

6. Raj kamal profile image60
    Raj kamalposted 15 years ago

Thanks for the post.

7. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

Lilith was/is a legend or myth of a militant feminist demon that kills babys.  Sounds kind of familiar to today's feminist movement.

This is a hit and run, so I'm getting out of here before the shite hits the fan. big_smile

1. Jewels profile image82
      Jewelsposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Does your wife have a rolling pin? And does she know how to use it?

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

I would hazard a guess that Make Money is single - assuming he has the same opinions in real life as he has on these forums big_smile

And I prefer my singularities with coke smile

Of course, how silly of me to assume!

1. profile image0
            TheSandmanposted 15 years agoin reply to this
            1. profile image0

God has no gender, that is a human condition and the discussion of the ententes gender is ridiculous

Hi Sandman, I agree.

An extraction from the work of Dr. Samuel Sagan's A Language to Map Consciousness re the Hermaphordite.

The condition of human beings before the separation of the sexes, that is, before the fall.
                The main thing to understand here is that the hermaphroditic origin of human beings isn't some kind of weird marginal theory, but a view found in a wide variety of religious and philosophical contexts. Plato's myth of the androgyne (found in the Symposium) is a well-known example. Not so well known is the fact that the book of Genesis suggests there were two stages in the creation of humankind:

So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him;
                    male and female created he them.
                    Genesis 1:27

Meaning that to begin with, Adam was Adam-Eve, the hermaphroditic being in the image of God. Then came the separation of sexes: Adam and Eve. Among other things, this means it wasn't the woman who caused the fall! Before the fall, there was no woman. It is the fall itself that separated men and women.
                This view, accepted by mainstream Jewish Kabbalists, is expressed quite explicitly in a variety of apocrypha, pseudepigrapha, Gnostic texts such as those of the Nag Hammadi library, as well as the Corpus Hermeticum and a massive volume of ancient and medieval alchemical literature. It also forms one of the central themes of the Theosophy of Jacob Boehme, and of the model of Rudolf Steiner.

Technically, the term hermaphrodite tends to be reserved for human beings before the fall. To describe the human condition after regeneration (the correction of the effects of the fall), the term androgyne is used.

(The rolling pin remark was an off topic retort to MM)

That is all well and good, but SirDent will claim that anything that he does not see in that bible is heretical and not to be believed.

What about the OUR image, not singular, but plural there.  They made US in OUR image.  I posted biblical scriptures on another religious forum post here.  Oh it was the one asking if God gave us permission or something like that.

1. profile image0

Sir Dent need to explorer bible much much deep than he has including the part that where;left out of the New Testament..Thank you Lady.

2. Jewels profile image82

I'm not really concerned whether Sir Dent believes it or not, quite frankly it's his problem!  I'm interested in my experiences, my own truth.  Dogma can be a huge distraction when it comes to spiritual experiences.  I think Jesus would agree with that one. smile

2. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You assume that all women are feminists but see these web sites on women against feminism.

By the way I didn't give credit to who wrote the page on Lilith above.  It was written by The Straight Dope - Fighting Ignorance Since 1973 (It's taking longer than we thought). big_smile

I wasn't having anything to do with the feminist angle Mike.  By the way, I've not tried it since, but that link didn't work when I tried it.  I've heard that story with Lillith and the children and I don't need to read it again.  Was nonsense.

So that is the lie they have told you!

Edit:  That just goes to show you just how far the mythology of religion goes!

8. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Umm, as we just discovered on science forums (which no doubt prompted this thread), the god is he because he has several penises. Yes, according to science he is an alien, too lol

But this all those godless scientists that want to con us into believing this! I have an insider information thought - god is she, and I even have a pic of her!

http://hubpages.com/u/971108_f520.jpg

1. guidebaba profile image57
      guidebabaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I Love this Pic.

That wasn't where I got th question or thought of the question from. 

Aevans, I only want to know the original answer from those who claim the God is a HE and then the other beings are dropped out of sight.  There have been other things in here besides christianity, Country Woman is the best to tell us her side of her beliefs and she has.  I didn't realize that this just doesn't register in some peoples thoughts or reading as it is in front of them and they still can't see it.

9. Cris A profile image59
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

god is beyond label. "he" is for convenience purposes only and an issue that should never even merit a discussion when put side by side with "his" greatness. cool

10. Paraglider profile image88
    Paragliderposted 15 years ago

Pity, I seem to have wasted a response on someone who's already gone. Fancy a singularity anyone?

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
      Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

With ice and a slice of lemon, please smile

1. Paraglider profile image88

That's the only way to take them. Especially the naked singularities with spin...

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
          Sufidreamerposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Is that the one with the little umbrella? hmm

1. Paraglider profile image88

I've always thought it was a parasol!

Yeah, I have noticed that they all tell me that I leave or throw temper tantrums at them when *I* don't want to believe what they are saying.  I don't see that at all and I don't just hit and run!  I don't think it was missed at all.  Others here will have an open mind to science and hwat you are saying.  Remember there are those who won't post anything.

I come to realize that *I* have a following of sorts.  They want to see what it is that they think that I am posting against there church and try to convert me to one of them---Scientific Star Trek, their BORG.  LOL  We will assimulate you!  LOL

11. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

LOL LG, you are soo serious! Yet if it is not another thread that prompted you, than this idea should be in the air lately smile And I can't believe nobody watched "Dogma" with Alanis Morissette playing god. big_smile

Seriously  Ihave never seen that.  Is there a YouTube for it?

12. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

That's what I found http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvcTsOEFQgk
    It's split into 10-minutes parts. Fun movie smile

Cool and very funny!!!  Thanks Misha!  Oh and there are 4 parts!

13. eovery profile image61
    eoveryposted 15 years ago

Sorry to butt in, but here is a thought I feel important, from reading some of the past comments.  I do not attend forums much, because it seems there are too many arguments and bashing here, but I want to point this out.

The Hebrew and Greek Bible used plural nouns and verb forms when talking about God.  Also, there are spots in the King James translation where plural verb forms are used for God.

God created man in his image, in his image he created them male and female.

Does not nature itself teach us that to have a father, there must be a mother? Are we not his offsprings as it states in the Bible.

This is funny--not a joke kind, but I was going to post the same thing and you beat me too it!!

1. Mark Knowles profile image57

Not just the royal "We" then? smile

14. rlakies profile image60
    rlakiesposted 15 years ago

I really despise feminists.  I want to become manist but thats not even a word lol. DAMN YOU SPELL CHECK!

15. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

And we really despise you, too...  And I doubt the 'feminists' are the only women around you that might have those thoughts. lol

Here ya go:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Men%27s_rights

But imagine it may be a little over your head.

16. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

yet funny tongue

1. profile image0

Funny is abbot and Costello, Not weather God has  gender, BUT i KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN SO RIDICULOUS IT'S FINNY...RIGHT ?

17. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

No, just funny. smile I don't have any respect for Christian god. Neither Muslim or Jewish smile

1. profile image0

There is a greater power a greater energy, we did not happen by mistake, but I agree with what YOU ARE SAYING, WE HAVE no idea HOW TO DEFINE IT

1. Misha profile image64
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That is definitely agreeable smile Whether it is or it is not, it definitely does not care if we poke some fun at it smile

The defining perhaps has drawn out word gravity.  We take it literally when talking about the Father and Mother. And this literal translation keeps us separated and not in union as was the intention.

Looking at Father and Mother on a higher level, not our fallen thought level that seems to smother this religious forum, it is just the masculine and feminine, that when integrated into one, is a divine state of consciousness.  Now that statement can be read into in many ways, because levels of consciousness are multifaceted.  So leave out all references to texts of differing religious sects and the understanding is quite simple, which it is meant to be. A polarity may be useful, but understanding that polarity encompasses many experiences, one being the yin/yang, or male/female.  It is not to be either/or but to integrate all qualities.  Neither is better or greater than the whole.

If an individual can't understand that within him/herself is the tendency to be one or the other at different times while walking in the biped, then perhaps there is no resonance with this experience or way of being.

18. profile image0
    SirDentposted 15 years ago

I love it when I am mentioned in threads where I have not participated. I do recall answering this question once before. Can't remeber if it was on hub or in the forums and don't feel like searching for it.

God is father because he sired man. Men sire children. Women can't actually sire them.

Please stop mentioning my name when I am not in a diuscussion. smile

Are you blind?

1. profile image0
        SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

This is whay I refuse to discuss anything anymore here. Nothing is ever taken seriously. A question is asked, an answer given, and all that comes next is you are blind, you are stupid, you are crazy.

See you.

YOU know that is not what I meant, yet you still want to point fingers.  You jumped to the WRONG conclusion. You have a problem seeing what you are doing.  Have you ever tried to step back from the emotional parts and look into the window of your living room of what you are doing to see what you are doing?
          What I meant, if you come back and I thinkyou will, is that you said you weren't in this discussion-well there are like 6 posts HERE to prove otherwise---so the question was Are you blind in not knowing you are already here in the discussion?

19. Leah Wingert profile image67
    Leah Wingertposted 15 years ago

God is a He because it is correct from a literary stand point.  Men did write most of the Bible and it was during a time of a very patriarchal society.  Therefore, using the HE would be more comfortable for humans than IT.  If the masculine offends you use the way in which God refers to himself "I AM".

20. Make  Money profile image66

The Lilith link works for me every time.

Is humorous that Lillith is blamed for 'causing wet dreams.'  Why don't men take responsibility for their own animalistic tendencies?  Then again, to understand that mechanism, is to be very self aware of what energetic circumstances are created between the two.  The man is physiologically weaker in this act.  The woman is the ultimate seducer and men have plenty of troubles not being swayed by the alluring nature of a passionate woman.  Lack of self control in the human male species.smile

Perhaps it is this very thing, the alluring nature of a woman and the weakness of a man that led to the myth being created.  Lets throw the woman to the darkside as being the cause of the woes of men.  It's very convenient. smile

But still, it's a myth and is perhaps what was used to dissempower the masses.  Sexuality is powerful both positively and negatively.  If a person cannot control their sexuality then "all hell breaks loose."  Who has more trouble controlling it?  Man or Woman.  Perhaps by making the woman subservient, or less than the male, the problem would be solved?  This damning of sexuality, or in a deeper sense sexual energy is perhaps the one core mistake (or was it) in a return to a more divine state.  Which makes me very suspicious (dare I say I believe) that the Catholic church used this very issue to dissempower people.  And to this day it still does.

Please allow me to make myself clear, I don't buy into the feminist movement, I have no need to.  Having said that I think Lillith is awesome! smile

Yes!!  She was created Equal and then Adam didn't like Equal and so Eve was made out of Adam------out of Adam, meaning she was to be his subservient from the beginning.  Then when she chose to listen to a lowly serpent (that is false too if you know what serpents and snakes and dragons are really like in nature) she is blamed for being the lesser human.  Again she was the blame becasue it was made that way, BUT Adam has a brain too and he didn't HAVE to eat the fruit.  That is called using your brain and being Self Responsible.  Adam can only blame himself and no one else for eating that fruit.  Now that isn't feminist.

I think the interpretation has become far too literal. I doubt there was a conversation where Adam said he wanted Eve to be lesser than. However, you could see that because of the dangers inherent in succumbing to the forces of an alluring woman, perhaps it was the man who feared his self control.

Be that as it may.  Being too literal is dangerous and may create ignorance smile The use of the term serpent, and dragons is to do with sexuality and life force. The symbol of the serpent biting it's tale was adopted by alchemists as a representation of the prima materia, being the one substance out of which the entire creation emerged.  The dragon in Christian terminology is used to refer to satanic ways.  In other traditions this is not the case.  In the ancient Chinese model it refers to a fullness of life force, fullness of vitality.  Taken to the extreme it is through the lower energies that this fullness can take cosmic proportions.

Gnostic writings, the Chinese model, Hindu teachings to name a few, the Serpent, Dragon and Kundulini of Tantric techniques has the similar if not the same meaning.

Is so interesting to know that in esoteric teachings being able to tap into the energies of these lower chakras, or sexual levels, or the levels of 'the serpent' is an empowering and significant experience when going through levels of transformation.  BUT in Christian teachings it is satanic. It seems intentional that this has become the case.

21. Make  Money profile image66

Sorry girls but as a Catholic I had never heard of the myth of Lilith being Adam's mate until LG posted about it.  So I found this non-Catholic source the other day.

From Lilith.

Today I did a search for Lilith in the Catholic encyclopedia and just found this one page on Demonology.  Quote from the first paragraph

I'd beware if I were you LG and Jewel.

I'll stick with the Bible myself, it has more than enough to satisfy me, thanks. big_smile
    Mike

Like you say Mike, you can't depend on everything you read on the internet.  I got the reference from the two DVD that I watched and it wasn't as demonic as that stuff you just pulled up.  Theone was The History of God and the other Angels: Good or Evil.  They both are onmy The Long and Winding Road hub.  They went into more depth on those then anything that I can find on the internet.

22. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Mike, what if they both are Liliths themselves? yikes

1. Make  Money profile image66

No just reading the wrong stuff in my opinion Misha. big_smile

Yeah that's interesting LG.  You might be interested in what the Conclusion to the Demonology page says.

Why would God make a Demon of/with Adam?

If you are still thinking of Lilith then you are mixing later writings with the earlier book of Genesis.  In Genesis the demon serpent tempted Adam and Eve.

Anyway my previous posts clearly show that demons do not just come from Christian teachings.

Well Lilith was not a deamon when she was made with Adam, until he had problems with her forthfightness.  It doesn't matter because that bible had been translated millions of times by different peoples each with their own language barriers.  Now don't go off with your supposition of me talking agains't the bible, because that is what has been ingrained into you since birth and I accept that.  What I don't accept is the prejudgment of what there is out there and that everything but your teachings is false or wrong or just plain evil.  There are always three views to a story and maybe even more.
            The thought just occrued to me--if Lilith is myth and she was made from Adam, would that not also say that Adam was myth and further that the God of those is too?

2. Raven King profile image59
      Raven Kingposted 15 years agoin reply to this

That explains "dirty" movies. hehe.

3. Jewels profile image82

Hey Misha, I have to tell ya, I'm a fan of that iconic goddess, she's amazing.  And to be honest MM is a sitting duck in comparison. Quack quack!

23. Lady Guinevere profile image68

Here is the frist part of The History Of God a bit of history for all here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6dyoE89 … re=related

24. Lady Guinevere profile image68

For some reason they do not have a youtube video of the Angels:  Good or Evil, but here is a place werhe you can get the DVD yourself.  They may have a different name of the youtube videos becaseu I have found they do this sometimes for the History and A and E channel originals.
    http://www.newvideo.com/productdetail.h … -AAE-73021

25. Lady Guinevere profile image68

I found it on the internet in a book like text.  You can red it for yourself! 
    http://74.125.93.104/search?q=cache:0w5 … &gl=us

26. Make  Money profile image66

Well whether you choose to believe in the later Assyrian/Chaldean/Talmudic myth of Adam and Lilith or not, what I'm trying to show you is that even they (Assyrians, Chaldeans and Babylonian Talmudic Jews) believed that Lilith was an evil demon.

I don't know where we are going here LG.  You are even agreeing that there are good and evil angels.  The evil angels are called demons.

I didn't agree that there are evil angels.

I found another story of the Adam and Eve and Lilith:  http://www.dhushara.com/book/consum/plas.htm

What I am trying to state here is that there was someone before Adam and the treatment of Women are by Men alone, not a God.  Religion tends to hide things from its parishioners and for a very good reason...........they think they are protecting you, but in the end they may not be.

But LG this web site that you posted is all about good and evil angels.

This is a real good site LG.  You might consider paying more attention to this site than the other two.  I particularly like this verse that they quote "Do not neglect to show hospitality to strangers, for by this some have entertained angels without knowing it. (NASB) Hebrews 13:2"

I was trying to find the information from the DVD Documentary and posted this before I had the chance to read the whole thing. It only goes to page 9.  You will just have to watch the two DVD's.

Yeah and Jesus said the same thing.

The thought just occrued to me--if Lilith is myth and she was made from Adam, would that not also say that Adam was myth and further that the God of those is too?

1. SparklingJewel profile image68
        SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah LG.  Myth, myth, myth.

27. Lady Guinevere profile image68

You may be interested to read this: http://www.dhushara.com/book/consum/consum1.htm

28. Raven King profile image59
    Raven Kingposted 15 years ago

I think even the good angels are spooky.

29. cindyvine profile image69
    cindyvineposted 15 years ago

hey, maybe we are actually all angels and this is Heaven?

1. Raven King profile image59
      Raven Kingposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Cool thought. Maybe.

30. Cris A profile image59

okay fine, it's a "she" then cool

1. Pest profile image77

A male tea pot, thanks...

1. Cris A profile image59
        Cris Aposted 15 years agoin reply to this

A tea pot is an "it" pest - no gender cool

2. Make  Money profile image66

lol

31. Make  Money profile image66

From Are demons fallen angels?

From Devil

What are the names and titles the Bible uses for the devil?
    http://www.biblestudy.org/question/list … devil.html

Alpha and Omega are the first and last letters of the Greek alphabet.  In Biblical terms Alpha and Omega means God being the first and the last, the beginning and the end (Revelations 1:8, 21:6 & 22:13).

Sparkling Jewels, I've not heard of the Alpha and Omega being put in the same context as polarities, ie yin/yang. Understand it as the Beginning,alpha,  and to that which all things will return to - the Omega.

32. Jewels profile image82
    Jewelsposted 15 years ago

This is a link to a great hub on things Devilish, it's well written and researched.
    http://hubpages.com/hub/Counterpoint-A- … -The-Devil

33. Cris A profile image59

I can't handle this anymore, scary stuff! I'm outta here cool

You chicken! smile

sorry but i saw the S word and it's not sex! cool

I wrote a few bits and pieces above with sex included. 
          If you buy into Christianity, they can be one and the same. (sex and Satan that is).  Sex is awesome and is a way to god - who would have thought it.

alright then, as long as you stick by me! cool

With you all the way.  Want to get into the lower chakras with me?

wow that's deep. maybe i could observe for a while? i'm still shaking in my boots cool

Shaking in one's boots is a byproduct of going this deep into oneself.  But it's a great experience.  You know really really really good sex, feels like the earth moved.  But there has to be love involved otherwise Lillith will spit you out.

Now I'm lost. Maybe i should read this thread from the begining. Yep, I think that's what I'll do cool

34. Make  Money profile image66

Quote by Jewels

Get behind me satan, or is it Lilith.

She's a succubus Cris. hmm

LOL. The men I've slept with were very much awake Mike and I can't recall bad reviews!  The main point I'm making in that above statement is that you can't fear something you have consciousness of.  Put light into the darkness.  And if you think sexuality is dark, then put some light into that Mike.

35. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

Is the devil a she then? lol

Why would it need to be gender specific?

1. TravelMonkey profile image60
        TravelMonkeyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I was going off the reason why God is a he, and off the Cliff Richard classic.

Nothing worse than a woman scorned they say. smile  There's no doubt a woman can be devilish.  No doubt a man can be demonic.

36. Lady Guinevere profile image68

Hey Mike,
    I know you sing the Doxology in church.  You talk of the Alpha and Omega being the beginning and the END.  If Omega is end then why in the Doxology does it say at the end--"world without end. Amen"?
    Isn't your analogy a bit contradictory?
    By the way Deamons were devised by someone that couldn't understand why things were so bad in the 1500's and that is how they entered into to bible.  Now your clergy will not tell you that, just as they never told you about Lilith.  Some things they don't know themselves---kind of lke the blind leading the blind.

37. profile image58
    Hell N0posted 15 years ago

God must be refered to as He.  God however, must have attributes of both male and female.  But God is a He and His true church is she.  Let's see, bride of Christ mean anything?  Well, how about the Whore of Babylon (also a she).  I have some definate thoughts of what that is but here is not the place to state them.

What if it was a LITERAL interpretation. The Bride of Christ---wasn't it said that Jesus had a bride--Mary Magdelene (sp)?  In some places there is a genealogy of the Children of the union.  I think someone who started writing about Babylon being bad was kind of jealous of that nation because in history that part of the world and certainly Babylon had all the greatest ports and with that all the goods of the world trade.

The only way GOD is a HE is by MAN and not GOD.

1. profile image58
        Hell N0posted 15 years agoin reply to this

If it's in Revelations, it aint a literal anything.  Revelations is a book of symbols.

38. Pest profile image77
    Pestposted 15 years ago

I don't care if "He" has boobs or a penis.  Why does it matter?

1. Misha profile image64
      Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Obviously it does matter to some. Don't know why either smile

39. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

God's a Shim. LOL big_smile

YYYEP!

Glad that got cleared up.

40. profile image0
    nazishnasimposted 15 years ago

God is both 'He' and 'She' and 'None'. Due to agrarian lifestyle ancient religions preached to worship 'Sun' as god. Later, they realized that the source of all vegitation is Mother Earth which made them shift their focus to 'Feministic Religions'. Infact, most of the ancient religions have more female dieties than male.

As far as monotheistic religions; Jewism, Christianity and Islam are concerned, they started off with a version of God that was neither male nor female. However, with the passage of time and the sad male dominance in ancient civilizations, the interpretation/translation of Torah, Bible and Quran was molded in such a way that it seems that God is a male.

In my personal belief, one cannot ascribe a gender to God. And people shouldnot let them fall into another frenzy of male vs. female debate; our relationships with God should be above all that.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)