Those who have completed the HubChallenge...

Jump to Last Post 1-23 of 23 discussions (42 posts)
  1. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

Those of you who have completed their 30 in 30 days challenge,

how did it go?

Did you see any rise in traffic and profits?

And how was the overall experience?

As for me...

I learned a lot from all that stuff Darkside, Ryan and other expereinced hubbers posted over here.

Yes the traffic did rise, thus the earnings too.

I loved it, although I had to write 8 hubs on last day but still liked it.

P.S. Doesn't really matter you completed 30 in 30 days or not. Important thing is  that you participated.

1. Julie-Ann Amos profile image65
      Julie-Ann Amosposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well done!  I postyed my results in the team members thread.

2. darkside profile image64
    darksideposted 14 years ago

The first time my revenue made a healthy jump to a new average level that has pretty much maintained itself. This time I've seen a few big jumps on non-consecutive days. Hopefully as the content gets indexed and traffic increases those peaks will become the norm and my new daily average.

3. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Surely it's gonna be obvious writing an extra 30 hubs will increase your traffic and revenue, hardly rocket science is it ?

4. profile image0
    Nelle Hoxieposted 14 years ago

I do think some sort of synergy occurs when you write hubs quickly. Especially if they support each other and are linked. I also think you just learn alot more about what really works at Hubpages.

Don't know if 30 hubs written over a year would have the same impact as 30 hubs written in 30 days, that can all bloom together.

I've been experimenting with writing one hub every other day and doing massive backlinking on the other day. It hasn't been as impressive as I thought it would be.

Part of me thinks 50 hubs a month is the optimum pace for rapid monetary gains and consistent but more modest backlinking.

1. profile image48
      badcompany99posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I really don't think it's possible to write 50 quality hubs in a month although I could be wrong. Jeeez I couldn't even write 50 hubs in 5 months but at 8,000 views a month I aint complaining !

5. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

Well I learned that I have a niche for writing about sex.  When I wrote the hub series on sex, yes my traffic boomed.  But I also ran into a problem... google doesn't like certain words like "orgasm" and other hubbers were experiencing the same problem, one even got his adsense account banned, so while I didn't want to, I inevitably deleted the series on sex.  sad  because it wasn't worth getting my account banned.

Other than that it showed no increase in traffic, quite the opposite really.  Now, I can't say I didn't like the challenge because I got in the habbit of writing everyday and this was good for me. 

My earnings also didn't increase.  The only thing I gained from the challenge was more self motivation to write with the hopes of increasing traffic and money. 

Even after posting the links into the links section, it was rare that I saw any traffic maybe 4-5 views per link listed and this only happened on maybe a couple of hubs (excluding the sex ones).

I think maybe it was geared more towards newbies who would have (not that I actually know for sure) seen the most benefit to the challenge.

I probably wouldn't do it again unless it was niche specific and I am not talking about sex. lol smile

Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol!

BTW I too found a niche in this hub challenge and that was SEO. Hubs I wrote on SEO performed the best in terms of traffic and revenue both.(Its not necessary that more traffic will bring more revenue)

6. profile image48
    badcompany99posted 14 years ago

Getting banned for the word Orgasm, ya really should have seen that comin smile

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Actually, no I wouldn't have, I really had no idea that the word was so taboo still.  Thought the world had matured a bit in 2000 years. big_smile

7. Ultimate Hubber profile image72
    Ultimate Hubberposted 14 years ago

So, its good to see the people who went for the HubChallenge are happy overall. GREAT! lol

8. DoodleLyn profile image73
    DoodleLynposted 14 years ago

Well, I came in at ten hubs! Yes, just TEN. I tried, though, and that's all that matters to me. I thought it would be fun to challenge myself, and I did that. But I learned that mass producing is not my style. I put a lot of thought and time into creating my hubs, and simply can't be rushed through just to get it done. I like to write it, let it "stew" a while, then go back and edit. I go through this cycle at least twice or three times before actually publishing.
    Am I glad I participated? Absolutely. I learned about myself, and believe I grew as a writer in the process.
    Will I do it again? Probably not. BUT, I will keep writing at my own pace, and producing the best writing I can. My payoff may not be more traffic, or more money, but it will be pride in my craft.
    My hats off to everyone who succeeded in writing all 30 hubs, AND to those who tried, but didn't finish 30. We are all winners in my book, as we all took the first step, and the next, and went for it!

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!
      Once can't ask for more.

1. DoodleLyn profile image73
        DoodleLynposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Absolutely!

9. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 14 years ago

day 24 is tommorow yes ??

1. barryrutherford profile image75
      barryrutherfordposted 14 years agoin reply to this
  10. Trekkiemelissa profile image66
    Trekkiemelissaposted 14 years ago

Well I saw a bit of an increase with mine.  smile  I don't think totally there a big difference in moneywise, but it is getting better.  I have some good payout days like today and then I have some bad days too.

11. oderog profile image47
    oderogposted 14 years ago

Am done with my Challenge although I have done 29 but the out has started to manifest itself, there are some niche that I have realized won't earn you traffic and money immediately but there are some that will earn you traffic just when you finished uploading them. I just wrote a full hub Titled My 30 days 30 hubs Challenge Traffic and the Money Hub

12. mommyfreelancer profile image74
    mommyfreelancerposted 14 years ago

I've done only 13, but two of them got to be HubNugget Finalists. smile

Saw a mild increase in traffic, though nothing exaggerated. The best part is that I earned my first $6 in HubPages during the Challenge.

Hoping that it will only get better from here. Cheers, all!

13. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

The 30 in 30 was the best thing that has happened to me since joining HP. Increase in traffic, increase in earnings. I actually did 35. Never knew i could pull it off.
    Yes, i will definitely do it again, that is after a 30 day rest. Ive made more money in the 30 days than i did in 5 months. Many thanks to the hubchallenge team for the continuous encouragement.
    Welldone everyone that participated. smile

I hope HubPages will announce another HubChallenge in a while. The way it has helped us all, I am sure the next one will also be a help.

14. college-economist profile image59
    college-economistposted 14 years ago

I am on day 21 and have 18 hubs. I am going to try and get the 30 but we shall see. I am moving on Sunday so that will put a dent in my productivity.

15. profile image0
    PJ_Deneenposted 14 years ago

The Hub Challenge definitely helped my traffic and earnings.  I also learned that I have a lot to learn about SEO and keywords.  It also motivated me to set challenges for myself at other sites I write for.  It's really helped me with goal setting.  I'll probably try to do another 30 in 30 here by the end of the year.

16. Bard of Ely profile image80
    Bard of Elyposted 14 years ago

I started better than my later efforts I think and was glad to get to be 100 and stay there all day a couple of times. I haven't really noticed much change otherwise. I am very pleased I did it though and that I completed 30 in less than the allotted time so I don't need to worry about that factor any more!

17. frogdropping profile image78
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I forgot to post 'I'm done'. There you go smile

I accomplished many things and would do it again. And probably will because almost half of the hubs I created were about pregnancy and as I've now reached the magic 30, I'm stuck at 28 weeks pregnant.

Would I recommend attempting it? Yes. But it is hard work, though probably a little easier if you take the whole 30 days, whereas I didn't.

I'd tell you the math re hub stats if I had the wit to work out the differnce in percentages. If anyone wants to do that for me, I'll tell them the figures smile Anyway, it's a hell of a lot.

Overall - I'm glad I did it.

I am yet to meet a person on HubPages who won't like to know the stats but maths sad, I certainly ain't no good at it. big_smile

1. frogdropping profile image78
        frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't say nothing UH but ... I can do it. I just don't want to right now. Vodka. You know wink

big_smile

18. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I saw an increase in pageviews and revenue. It took me 10 months to get my first adsense payout and it looks like it will only take me 2 to get my second.  I'm now shooting for 45 hubs in September and have completed 5 already.  My goal is to hit my 200th hub by the end of the month.

Darkside has also set a personal goal of 12 in 12 to reach 200 and then 60 in 60. Best of luck for your goals!

19. natureheals profile image73
    naturehealsposted 14 years ago

My 30 days are over but all I can do is 10 posts. sad  I have learned how to find keywords and how to write in a more organized way.  The traffic I got is from experienced hubbers who help motivate me via comments and being my fans.  Thank you for all your support.  I really appreciate it. smile The challenge really helps me to kick start my writing skills and overall knowledge.

See, you learned about keyword research and all. So 10 hubs or 30, doesn't matter as far as you have learned something very useful for the rest of your life.

20. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Im done already hehehe...

Im on my 2nd batch of hubs, and so far done four hubs...

Well done General!

Once you are done, you will receive the Gladiator sword from Marcus Aurelius!

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats cool hehehe, I cant wait to finish it hehehe...

2. emievil profile image68
      emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, second batch! smile Here's a raw chicken for your eagle. LOL smile

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

where it is...

1. emievil profile image68
          emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You can get it from under my eagle's claws LOL.

21. NaomiR profile image75
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

I enjoyed doing the challenge. It forced me to create a lot of hubs right away; as a newbie, I already have a nice bunch.

However, because I am a newbie still, it's difficult to compare any traffic trends. My traffic has gone up, but I don't know if it's because I did the challenge or simply because my hubs are becoming more securely embedded in google.

22. GeneralHowitzer profile image67
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Now thats funny nyahahahaha, you just made me on a rofl mode nyahahahaha... hmmm so thats your way of keeping me at bay from your canine friends ha...

hmmm, i think i already have a bad taste in the mouth about carrion the dead chicken are all yours nyahahaha... smile

Hope its good tasting wakikik...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa on you emievil nyahaha you didnt erase one of my post in one of your hub, your so cruel hayz...

23. gms profile image60
    gmsposted 14 years ago

Sounds real intresting and i think i'll so it if I can figure out how and where to find it. sorry friends, but im new to this..

You can read the sticky posts in the '30 Hubs in 30 Days HubChallenge' forum.

All you have to do is announce that you are starting the 30 in 30 days challenge. That is all, you will start writing and try to complete 30 hubs in 30 days.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)