HubTub - this is for you

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (166 posts)
  1. frogdropping profile image76
    frogdroppingposted 14 years ago

I am risking a ban doing this but I still have no qualms in posting it.

This was left on a hub that I wrote. I hope you feel ashamed of the effect your words have on others - I doubt this new hubber is alone:

Thank you Mr Frogdropping, actually I was about to join the forum yesterday but I couldn`t because I was choc by what I was reading. One hubber said that "people who cant write English should no come to the hub" I was really sad, because my confidence is really low at the moment, I came to the hub recently but I havent write a proper hub yet for the moment I m just taking my time reading all the hubs. But I m so hurt that I dont know if I will continue to come to the hub. Maybe I am to sensitive but its not easy when you write in another langage. Anyway I will come to say hello. Take care Mr Frogdropping and thank you very much. You are a verry nice frog. See you soon.

This was left by keira7

Personally, I feel awful. And I never wrote what keira or others may have read. I joined Keiras' fan club and wrote them a message, in the hope that they have the confidence to publish a hub on HubPages. I hope others will do the same - to give him/her the confidence you've crushed.

If you are new, please ... don't be afaid to write and join our community!

1. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was sweet and I agree with you, I believe anyone should be able to join it is a Virtual community with many languages thanks for giving her the confidence to stay! smile

2. LiamBean profile image80
      LiamBeanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I nth that. Hey I don't speak the language all that well and it's my native tongue. Seriously though, many here are quite bright, can figure out what you are saying, and maybe even suggest how to improve some phrases and tenses.

But by all means write. Knowledge should be shared.

3. keira7 profile image61
      keira7posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you verry verry much. I am really touch and really I dont know what to say. I fell a bit embarass now. God bless you all. Thank you again. Mr Frog a big thanks to you specially. You made me cry because I was really touch. Thank you. You all very nice hubbers and its so nice to meet you all. I cant stay now but i promess that I Will come to join you when i can. See you soon and thank you again.

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Hi Keira! And welcome! smile

2. shamelabboush profile image50
        shamelabboushposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You're so special and you're welcome anytime... And never be ashame of anything. We have writers here who master english but yet there is no quality...

3. emievil profile image68
        emievilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hope we see more of you here. There are really lots of good people in hubpages and they don't bite if you ask for help. smile

4. emievil profile image68

Froggy, you're really a wonderful person (and a great hubber). Thanks for bringing this to the forum's attention. I'm a non-native English speaker and writing in English takes an extra effort from us. The support you and the other hubbers give is what really makes us write hubs and go on writing.

Just for you, I'll stop eating frog's legs lol

5. profile image0
      HubTubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Frogdropping - this is for you:  Sorry to let your "hope" down, but I am not in the least bit ashamed of making the comment that I made to World of the Wise.  Furthermore, you can argue your point and make any comments you wish about me, for that matter, all day long; however, I am sure others will agree this is getting pretty old.  If you wish to play counselor to other hubbers, please feel free to do so.  I have nothing further to say regarding your request for a pardon other than  rib-bit...

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Hub Tub get down off your high horse ,it can be very lonely up there on a social network dont ya think ?

1. emievil profile image68

Hey EK, may I borrow your sword (or whatever you call that mean little thing on Xena's hand)? Just want to sling it to HT to get her down from her high horse smile. She just might be so stuck in there, she can't get down on her own.

Awww Em your such a thoughtful darn friend! yea lets hijack the horse an enter it in a Derby lol whats a good name for the horse

Hubb'n Horatio lol or
            Morse Of Course (screw the grammar gama)

Rub a dub dub
            Hottie in  hubtub ,that didnt have much to do about horses lol

Ok I need coffee me thinks

LOL. ROFL. lol

2. profile image49
        BadCoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Must say " Rib-bit " is mighty orginal, just surprised it took you so long to run it through yer brain process but well done on eventually getting there !

2. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Well said Frog, Kiera welcome to the site and you will enjoy it and it matters not how you write or what you write, only that YOU enjoy writing. So enjoy Kiera and well said oh green one !

1. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second that! welcome aboard smile

3. Mrvoodoo profile image58
    Mrvoodooposted 14 years ago

Well done FD, and that's all I'll say, because if I said what I really thought about the hubber in question I'd be on the naughty step for the next three days.

p.s. I don't consider what you wrote above to be a personal attack, just shining the spotlight onto someone who should be deeply ashamed of their actions, but who clearly isn't.

4. profile image0
    \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years ago

we should all be encouraging any up and coming writers, not putting them down,,,,,,,, what a shame,poor Kiera7 to be so upset by some one ....

1. Misha profile image63

I disagree. I don't want any writers. I want decent people. smile

1. profile image0
        \Brenda Scullyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

well that goes without saying,

2. Mrvoodoo profile image58
        Mrvoodooposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol True.

3. profile image0
        cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes

don't let that woman give writers a bad name. she is NOT a writer - she is a medical transcriber. no way on God's Green Earth are they even closely related.

1. RooBee profile image81
          RooBeeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nail. Head.

1. Misha profile image63

Come on ladies, I am old enough to know writers are humans smile

How about medical transcribers? big_smile

I kid, I kid - I love all you nice decent medical transcribing kind of folks out there..

1. Misha profile image63

They are humans, too wink

4. viryabo profile image94
        viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

5. profile image0
        ralwusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh Misha. What is that avatar? You wear it so well. LOL

FP you did a nice thing.

1. Misha profile image63

LOL Charlie, thank you. It was courtesy of Dayzeebee. smile http://hubpages.com/hub/Gratitude-Letter-For-You

5. frogdropping profile image76

Thankyou guys. I was honestly upest to find Keira7's message. Poor bugger neutral

6. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Keira7, please come aboard. We will be most delighted to have you participate with us on HP. As you write more and more you will get better and better. Believe me. And there is always a helping hand round the corner. Absolutely nobody can intimidate you. Just believe that. Welcome. smile
    I am joining your fan club

7. RooBee profile image81
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

I agree, I agree!
    I was treated so nicely when I first got here and I think that it really made the difference in my level of confidence in posting more of my work here.
    Thanks for pointing this out. I would hope that this person as well as others know that not everyone feels animosity toward them for not knowing everything right off.
    Heck, I can't imagine myself having to write in another language - I give them major kudos for venturing out and wanting to write in English. We have many ESL writers, and I am in constant awe of their continued mastery of a language that is not native to them.
    How else can one learn but to try, try again.
    I would hope that the rudeness is far outshined by kindness - because I know there are a lot of sweet hubbers willing to offer encouragement to a writer making their foray into using a new language.
    As long as it doesn't violate the TOS (like, actually being in another language) I personally don't see the problem...

8. Jane Dee Summers profile image61
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

Most welcome to anyone making the effort. I don't care about typo's. I make them all the time.

Maybe some people can't read beyond a typo. I wonder how long it takes them to send a gramatically correct sms.

9. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Frogdropping, thanks for posting this.  I am so saddened to hear that thread has spread a sense of negativity around the forums.  I have such respect for people who are here writing in a language that's not their first.  I hope your thread will allow others to see the opinion in the "other thread" is the minority.  I welcome you, Keira and hope to see you in the forums and writing many hubs!

10. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

We should, all of us, get along and stop acting like Star-On Sneetches!

11. frogdropping profile image76

Just to add, keira7 has this little message on his/her profile:

so I just want to say that I am verry sincere personne and I think that its verry important, to be that way.

A very powerful sentence - and that from a person who's native language is not english. kiera7 runs rings around "HubTub".

1. Mrvoodoo profile image58

It certainly is important, and respected.

p.s. a cockroach runs rings around... should I finish that, nah, maybe, hmmmmm, three days ain't so long. big_smile

Welcome keira7, we might tell you that your God doesn't exist, or that you're going to burn in hell for not believing, but that aside, we're a pretty decent bunch, I look forward to seeing you around. smile

1. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59
        I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile Some good statements...for sure! Amazing what can transpire to scare people off!!
        I welcome keira7 as well! smile

12. Jane Dee Summers profile image61
    Jane Dee Summersposted 14 years ago

Mish, consider everyone decent until proven indecent.

Is there an age restriction on the hub?

1. Misha profile image63

That's what i usually do smile

And yes, no people are decent before 18 and after 180 lol

13. RooBee profile image81
    RooBeeposted 14 years ago

I just read the thread you're talking about - egads!
    I'll refrain from saying anything else other than welcome, keira7!

...and to Misha: lol, my wise friend.

It also seems relevant to note that when one writes fiction, often grammatical errors and slang terms are included deliberately for a variety of reasons. This is not to mention the fact that we're talking about the forums for crying out loud! But, I digress. I wasn't going to say anything, sheesh! smile

<snipped my own sarcastic remark> lol

1. Misha profile image63

Ah RooBee, I am so disappointed I missed your sarcastic remark sad

14. kowings profile image61
    kowingsposted 14 years ago

Frogdropping,

Add this to the list of why you are among my absolute favorite people on this forum.

I sincerely hope that HubTub reads this, and comes to understand the harm she has wrought with her comments. From what I've read so far, I doubt it will happen.

That doesn't change the fact that you are an awesome froggy!

15. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

I'm on  board just became a fan of keria! And yes I'm decent. smile

As in, "I'm clothed" or as in, "I'm a nice person"? lol Sorry, feeling silly.

1. Misha profile image63

Gotta love to see you indecent Raina wink

1. profile image49

I will pay half whack for that smile

big_smile Well, I've changed into my pirate clothes now and am drinking some kind of rummy concoction so who knows..? lol

1. profile image49

Omg, kicks Cabin Girl into the Ocean, get that sweet ass over here now smile

2. Misha profile image63

We are holding our breath wink

1. profile image49

Lol is that all smile

1. Misha profile image63

And the bird, too tongue

2. K Partin profile image61
        K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Both "silly goose" Ha! smile

16. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Gotta admit I am not decent at the moment, lyin in bed typing in bed in my dirty boxers but I deff support Kiera !

1. K Partin profile image61
      K Partinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's a little bit more than we needed to know....but thanks for your input! smile

1. profile image49
        PirateGirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Totally agree, disgusting !

1. profile image0
          wordscribe41posted 14 years agoin reply to this

At least they're boxers and not "through the crack ball sacks!"  THAT would be t.m.i!

1. profile image49

Omg I just threw up, thanks Wordscribe the sooner the old you returns the better lol !

17. Joelle Burnette profile image69
    Joelle Burnetteposted 14 years ago

I think it's great to have more voices...in hubs, the forums, the community at large, the world, etc. It's what makes life more interesting.

Kiera, if you want to write, don't allow others to intimidate you. I've been writing for myself or newspapers and television for several decades and if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you should never let anyone else decide for you if you should write.

Any writer--true writers--I know all say the same thing...you write because you have to. Writing, like art and music or any passion, comes from your soul. It is a part of who you are. If you question whether or not you should even try, perhaps writing is not for you.

Writing has always been a desire for me. I feel like I'm suffocating when I don't have enough time to write. And as far as what others might say...that's their bullshit and you need to grow a thick skin if you are going to accomplish anything substantial.

Recently, I wrote something for a newspaper. An opinion piece about politics and how ridiculous my son's school was for not showing the president's back-to-school speech. Reading the comments made in response to my story, some supported what I wrote, but the ones who were against the president's speech...they were vicious. They couldn't find an intelligent approach to my argument and instead chose to attack me personally, creating lies and calling me an unfit mother.

Should I be upset with these nuts? My response could be to give up and hide my thoughts and feelings. I could choose to be afraid to speak up; I could be afraid to say something to those in charge. Screw that! I'm a writer and I have passion for what I do.

If you don't have passion for writing and what you are writing about, then perhaps writing isn't for you.

When I was first starting out in television news in San Francisco, I was talking to an anchor woman about changing from writing/producing stories to being in front of the camera as a reporter. I told her of my insecurities about being in front of the camera. I told her I wasn't sure if I'd rather just stay behind the camera and stick with writing. Her response was to be a bitch to me (and we were driving on the highway on the way to a story, so I couldn't exactly get away). She told me how being in front of the camera was something you had to know you wanted to do and if I didn't have that passion, get out of the way. In the end, being a tv reporter wasn't a good match for for me, but writing as a reporter for a newspaper was.

Again, if it's in you to be a writer, if you feel that need to be a writer, you'll just know.

18. profile image49
    PirateGirlposted 14 years ago

One hubber said that "people who cant write English should no come to the hub"

Can we see a link to that please, I have been on hubs long enough to believe only what I see. Link please !

1. Philent profile image66
      Philentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If ever no one has given you the link yet, here it is:

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/21166

I have searched for it to witness how good her English could be, only to find out that she's not that good anyway. LOL!

19. shamelabboush profile image50
    shamelabboushposted 14 years ago

So sad for this fellow... His comment is hilarious and I will visit his hubs... smile So funny...

1. profile image49

You look really comfy in yer new pic sexy !

1. shamelabboush profile image50

Yeah smile I just finished a royal huge meal and was resting smile Was so nice. Wish you were there smile

20. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Great Work, FrogD!

To Keira and anybody else who may have lost confidence because of the vicious nature of that attack - whilst there was one σκύλα on there causing trouble, there was also a horde of Hubbers leaping to the defence of one of our own.

Don't be afraid to post - HotTub is not a typical Hubber smile

I so need to know what that means, lol, but I'm guessing it's not family friendly. big_smile

1. Misha profile image63

I would dare to say this is likely just a shark wink

1. Misha profile image63

Oops my Greek knowledge was dismal. Still is. sad

It is just a female canine, you know the word lol

lol, brilliant, I've been sat here trying to figure out where the shark came into it, lol.  female canine I get. big_smile

p.s. your Greek knowledge beats mine any day of the week, shark or no shark. wink

1. Sufidreamer profile image78
              Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

big_smile

Hope that there is room for one more in Maddie's 3 day sin-bin

1. Misha profile image63

Since HP is strictly English speaking site, I don't think this counts lol

What is a female canine in Russian?

The more the merrier. big_smile

Gargggggh! I shall stay way clear of ye plank then. lol

http://www.nationalcynical.com/images/shark.jpg

I believe it's Russian for female dog. Then again it could be Greek. I can't read either, but ubiquity does a great job of translating.

21. profile image0
    wordscribe41posted 14 years ago

Sorry, PirateGirl.  I just threw up in my mouth a little, too.  I think I need to leave the forums with my particular mood.

1. profile image49

I disagree I like it, it shows a whole new side to you !

1. profile image0

It's always been there, PG!  Spent a day with "the girls", tends to come out when heavily surrounded by estrogen for hours at a time.

1. profile image49

Noooo it's come out because yer actual pic has gone and like CG and BC you feel stronger behind that new pic. I am deff loving the woman behind the new Avatar, but hell I loved the Laura always !

1. profile image0

I think you're right.  Now I'm in a real quandary...  I've unleashed something I wasn't prepared for.  She has a life of her own, badco!  It's like keeping PG at bay, cannot be done, I tell you!

1. profile image49

You have already done it, just be who you are and enjoy being who you are. Jeeez girl I love loads of people on Hubs but few I respect but you I always have. Keep that Avatar ok and be you, have fun and let yer hair down and trust me, it can be done and you so need it. You work damn hard as a wife and Mum so when you log on leave them behind and be just you, works for me !

2. Misha profile image63

Nooo, stay please! smile

22. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

сука (suka)

With the same connotation lol

I wonder if it is the same say in Chinese? yikes

1. profile image49

No dogs in China, takeaways are popular !

I've seen that smilesmilesmile

1. profile image49

Love the new Avatar !

After you and PG wink Glad you like it...

2. tksensei profile image60
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't make jokes at the expense of China.

23. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

Got that, Misha - I can just about read Russian - the two alphabets are very similar smile

This is becoming the x-rated version of Jyoti's foreign word thread big_smile

Just for you, Mr Voodoo - I met an English lady over here, called Phillipa, and she could not understand why the Greeks kept pissing themselves laughing when she asked them to call her Pippa.

In Greece, a 'pip' is the slang term for....ahem....receiving oral gratification.

A pipper is a woman who performs the said act.

I didn't laugh when I told her...Honest big_smile

LOL, talk about having egg on your face. wink

* wanders off to try and find Pippa.

24. lxxy profile image60
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

Miss Frog, I applaud you.

No matter how you may feel about how well your english is, if you don't start somewhere you'll never get anywhere.

I remember when I was first starting out on UkladnerwowyPages (that first part is Klingon!) Despite what people said about their culture, I took the risk to start trying to write pieces and I was greatly rewarded with a lot of friendship. Heck, I even got a great blood pie recipe.

So, I hope that kiera7 can get past the nervous tension. Because I for one won't allow anyone, ever, here..to deny the human right of writing.

25. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

@Frogdropping ~ I greatly appreciate your bringing this incident out into the open. I can understand completely how easily it is to turn a potential hubber leery of having faith in this site!
    It is wonderful to see your caring and thoughtfulness...also happy to see that keira7 is now staying. I had no idea about the internet world of social/writing networks when I arrived here, after seeing beyond a few scares myself am grateful I have stayed. There is so much inspiration and support here for one to grow and season into writing..

Welcome keira7! and thank you FD! smile

26. blaise25 profile image74
    blaise25posted 14 years ago

hubpages is a cycle...and learning is a part of it ;p go for it kiera! btw, nice name! ;p

27. viryabo profile image94
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Thanks to FD for this. Unfortunately the other forum is closed to reply. I was soooo much enjoying the thrashing to pieces of 'you know who' . She's lucky to have escaped from that zone. Probably in a corner somewhere licking her wounds.

Problem is a lot of hubbers already called her out for her behavior (I think you are one of those?) but still even towards the end of the thread, she still would not admit that she did something wrong. Unfortunately, she already did some damage to other hubbers. Kiera is only one, wonder if we will ever find out if there are others.

She did that thing where you completely ignore the points that anybody makes and insist that you are right. Sometimes, it is easier to admit that you made a mistake and back down - I am a rock-headed northerner, but even we are not that stubborn hmm

Eating too much fruitcake is not good for you big_smile

LOL lol Sufi I was really taking what you wrote seriously except for the last part. There are times I want to have an editor but if she's going to be my editor, bbbrrrrrr, never mind smile.

That does not bear thinking about - it would be like school all over again. hmm

Anyway, Ryan is back so I must go and dish out some abuse big_smile

LOL be gentle. He's ranting on another thread.

Yeah but somehow they still managed to let the fruitcake get the last word again.  What is it with HP and their pro-loony stance, I'm seriously starting to entertain the idea that these are all Maddie and Paul's sock puppets, and like hub Gods they sit in their office and toy with us. big_smile

28. frogdropping profile image76

Mrvoodoo - morning (sarcasm. morning for you hehe) and yes, closed reply to reply on "HT" duly noted.

I knew someone once that was incredibly supercilious and self-important.

I don't know them now smilef

Don't worry about HP's impeccable timing. I rather like the last word 'over there'. Further proof of the definition of 'supercilious'.

29. Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Good for you frogs ,awesome yer such a welcoming and hospitable froggy.

Some people sadly are just plain rude and got their head up dere bums lol

LOL that's quite an image o warrior princess smile. PS want some sashimi? lol

Sashimi ohhh you makin me hungry now tongue

hehehe, me too. I'm craving for sashimi hmm

Psst Emi ,whats the best fish to use , I love salmon but reckon you be more expert ,could ya write a hub about it maybe , yes you will ..yeaaaaa smile

Actually I have a hub about sashimi. smile but personally, I loveeeee salmon (or shake) sashimi. Mmmmmmmhmmmmmm tongue

oops sorry ,put my foot in it there lol ,im off to bookmark for my shopping list ..oh well pork n noodles instead for now.

lol hey no harm done. Gave me a chance to promote a hub for free LOL. I think Misha has a hub about sushi, if you also love those. Me, I love them both. But unfortunately the nearest japanese restaurant is like four hours away! sad *sigh* have to content myself with pictures. hmm

2. frogdropping profile image76
      frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Eagle smile I was actually horrified when I read keira7's comment. I know how much power words can carry and when the original thread was going on, I was actually wondering what others (like kiera) may be thinking.

I have to use portuguese almost everyday and I suck at it - yet I have to try. More than once I've been met with disdain from native portuguese speakers. It's awful. You feel so embarrassed and belittled.

And I don't lack confidence as such, but it still bites a bit deep. I honestly wish HP would simply remove the whole thread, to prevent others from reading it. We have a habit of focusing on the bad. Many that may read that will focus on one hubbers attitude, rather than the dozens that went and kicked ass.

And that attitude, the one that stands out - is the one that will be noted.

Hey froggy, I can relate with the portuguese part. It sucks when you try so hard to speak the local language just to have them point out that you still sound foreign or worse hear them correct you then laugh at you hmm.

In fairness, HP is more tolerant when it comes to wrong grammar or misspellings. I'm writing on one academic site and although it is still expected that you write well, the comments I read can be sometimes brutal.

If HP will not remove that thread, then let's bury it to the 30th page of this forum (if there's such a page) so that no one can find it smile.

30. emievil profile image68
    emievilposted 14 years ago

GH, I didn't know that. Who, who?

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
      GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'll just e-mail you its confidential... but the one who called me uneducated was a popular figure and I already quitted his fans club...

I think I know who that is. But I'll check your email.

31. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago
  32. jiberish profile image78
    jiberishposted 14 years ago

prasetio30   This person was also criticized for his gramar but has written some wonderful hubs. He has e-mail me several times thanking me for the nice words and for the encouragement, it has been a month and he has improved dramatically. If you get a chance go read his hubs. ( I hope I spelled everything right, I'm not wearing my glasses.)

I will certainly take a look - Nice work with the encouragement smile

FD - I hope that the French cuisine does not include recipes for frogs legs yikes

I have to agree with jiberish. Prasetio is making great progress and his hubs are really something.

LOL sufi, I think frog's legs are in my country. lol

33. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

Great thread FD, keira7 is just the sweetest, looking forward to reading her work. I hope her and others know that they are all very welcome here at HP and that most of the hubbers are kind and helpful. Love up your work FD!

34. frogdropping profile image76

I hope keira publishes something soon. I'm sure he will. He is french I believe. Perhaps he can share some great french cuisine with us smile *rubs belly*

1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
      wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Sorry keira for calling you a she when infact you are a he. Doh!
      Yummy french cuisine, yes please! I'll second that!

I don't think he'll mind. He calls me mister all the time and I'm a missus big_smile

1. wrenfrost56 profile image56
          wrenfrost56posted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL! I think it's rather endearing.

With names like "frog dropping", etc. gender is hard to determine. I'm afraid to ask why "frog dropping" frankly. But honestly, does it matter whether we are female or male? I think not!

I was a little drunk. I thought it funny at the time. Everything sems more amusing after several black vodkas.

I think it's time I put a picture of the real me up - just for a short while.

lol I hear that ,Im sure you wear your diamonds on the inside anyways...smile

2. GeneralHowitzer profile image68

Wow froggy is that you wow your beautiful...

lol tis I. And thankyou wink

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68

Did a prince drop by from his castle and kisses a frog that eventually became you hehehe...

I wish that prince would be me hehehe, never mind kissing a slimy and smelly green frog if it will morph into someone who is sooooooo beauuuuuutifffuuuulll like you wakikik...

lol I have a prince. Though I rather think he's 'meu sargento' than my prince smile

35. frogdropping profile image76

Well keira7 emailed me, to thank all of us for changing his mind about HubPages. When he returns home from a business trip he will try to write his first hub. I look forward to his first one smile

1. Lady_E profile image62
      Lady_Eposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This is lovely Frogdropping. It's nice of you to encourage him back to HP. Nice one. smile

lol we encouraged him back. There's no 'frog' in team. Or is that 'I' ... tongue

2. viryabo profile image94
      viryaboposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is a great person it seems. And im so glad you started this forum of encouragement FD. He sent me an email too to thank us all and i'm sure he must have taken the pains to send to so many other hubbers. Thumbs up FD. You are a good example of a fine hubber. smile

36. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Did I miss the real pic or has Froggy gone for ice?

37. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I am asking myself the same question smile

lol I'm ready for my bed. I will put a real picture up I guess. Then back to my green and usual self.

And nice one viryabo - me too smile

Maybe if someone kisses the frog , there pic will change smile

Tis done. Til the morra wink

2. Misha profile image63

Ah Kiwi, did you kiss her? Ohhh... I am just speechless... My jaw is dropping... I wish I was that prince...

38. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Omg you are drop dead gorgeous!!! !!!the boys are gonna fall all over themselves lol

Sleep well smile my friend.

Psst leave it up

39. Eaglekiwi profile image73

My lips are sealed Misha lol

40. emievil profile image68

Hey princess froggy, that's a very beautiful avatar smile.

41. frogdropping profile image76

It will have to do emie. I have no other me's. Despite what some may think. I am Only One big_smile

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow, wow and wow! You did it. You've changed your pic. big_smile
      You are gorgeous! smile

2. emievil profile image68

And you don't need any other. Keep that avatar up. Please *goes down the knees to beg princess froggy* smile

42. frogdropping profile image76

lol Pacal thankyou smile

I was trying to make it less fuzzy. I've almost succeeded. I'll swap it - though it's most likely hardly noticable.

1. profile image0
      Pacal Votanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's pretty the way it is. I'm so glad I didn't miss this. smile
      Thank you.

43. frogdropping profile image76

lol but I am very fond of my frog. Maybe I can put the two together. Miracles can happen smile

1. profile image49

I could go down on my knees too smile

44. emievil profile image68

me too smile. I love that pic where your frog is wearing sunglasses. That was reallllyyyyy cool smile.

1. profile image49

And you my lovely friend, I have a new hub for you in just over an hour, jeeez doncha just hate blatent hub whoring !

A new hub BC? Looking forward to it smile. Sorry kinda slow in my pick-up today. Just had a late night taking care of my niece (who's having a fever). She's the one in my avatar smile.

1. profile image49

Shes a little cutie, must take after you smile

LOL so they say. Thanks smile

45. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Well now, you have done it. I already knew how beautiful you are. Now everyone else does. Mighty proud of you now as you are showing you, but I still am beholding to the frog.

46. wrenfrost56 profile image56
    wrenfrost56posted 14 years ago

FD as well as being kind and funny, you are pretty also. I know hot head feels this is getting old and she will never apologise, however I want to say thank-you for this thread and all your help, support and advise, I am sure many hubbers feel the same.

TY wren. I'm good with what I did. I'd rather help than abuse. Forget it. It's not worth answering or reading. Have a good one - which I'll assume will involve some writing smile

47. profile image49
    BadCoposted 14 years ago

Use Doncha Think, it looks better smile

lol you and grammar BC smile

1. profile image49

What can I say, tis moi smile

2. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59

Ohhhh..doncha charge for yer words, moi friend! lol cool

1. profile image49

I never charge for putting things into someones mouth, do you smile

Nahhh, one could only hope for an equal exchange...cool

1. profile image49

Touche smile

PS - that's Touche ok smile

cool

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)