Awwwwwwwwwwwww.......!

Jump to Last Post 1-47 of 47 discussions (53 posts)
  1. lrohner profile image69
    lrohnerposted 14 years ago

Chloe on the left and Cara on the right, now a little over 3 months old:

http://i50.tinypic.com/2ypdh85.jpg

For my friends that have followed the story, Cara was diagnosed with KATP-type congenital hyperinsulinism shortly after birth and wound up having 1/2 of her pancreas removed at around 4 weeks old.

I then got banned from seeing them because bastard son-in-law didn't like something I said, did, wore, ate, whatever. I didn't back down and told them the babies weren't clubs to be wielded over everyone's head and wished them well. They backed down. Evidently the babysitting services offered were too appealing! smile

Now, this proud grandma sees these little cutie petooties every day. I go over early every AM to let my daughter go back to sleep for a few hours so that she can function during the rest of her day!

1. yoshi97 profile image56
      yoshi97posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am so happy it all worked out for ya, Irohner! Those babies are just too cute! smile

2. lakeerieartists profile image63
      lakeerieartistsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Only heard part of this story, but I am glad that you can be there for them in their lives.  Gorgeous!

2. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

YAY!!!!! Irohner I am so proud that yu didn't back down and that you get to see those cuties! Aaaaa they are too cute!

3. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image59
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

That is soooooooooo  lovely!! big_smile  They are too cute

4. Uninvited Writer profile image78
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Those are such beautiful babies. I'm glad things were resolved for the better.

5. viryabo profile image93
    viryaboposted 14 years ago

Chloe and Cara look absolutely adorable. Lovely bright eyes they have. I'm so happy for you Irohner. GodBless them. smile

6. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

awwwwwww~~~ adorable!!!! smile

7. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

omgsh the little sweeties!

8. lrohner profile image69

Thanks all -- for the baby compliments AND for all of your help when things were going so very wrong!

9. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

They are soooo cute !!!!
    Really lovely babies smile smile smile

10. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

Beauties!! Here's to good health for them, you, and happy days for a long time to come.
    Good for you for holding stable ground.

11. Rehma Jamshed profile image61
    Rehma Jamshedposted 14 years ago

Irohner the babies are sooooooooooooo cute. They are lucky to have a grandma like you.

Best wishes for the sweetie babies.

12. lrohner profile image69

Thanks Tantrum and Daniel. And I have to say, Daniel, that was one of the absolute most difficult decisions I ever had to make.

13. lrohner profile image69

Thank you Rehma!

14. Ivorwen profile image66
    Ivorwenposted 14 years ago

Those are some really pretty babies! 

I am so happy for you, that all of this worked out.  smile

15. RedElf profile image89
    RedElfposted 14 years ago

So very glad it's working out for you, Lisa! ...and so glad you stuck to your guns (no strings, now)! You go girl! big_smile
    Such beautiful babes are worth fighting for!

lrohnerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thanks Elle! Now you know the reason I've been so absent lately!

16. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

Chloe and Cara are beautiful girls.  So glad you get to see them every day.  Maybe some day another miracle will happen and Dad will lose the stick up his @rse.

17. Flightkeeper profile image65
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

they're gorgeous. glad that you are able to see them regularly.

18. lrohner profile image69

Thanks RM and Flightkeeper, I agree. They are just too cute! Sigh...

19. lorlie6 profile image73
    lorlie6posted 14 years ago

Congratulations to Grandma!

20. Lisa HW profile image61
    Lisa HWposted 14 years ago

They're beautiful.  What a couple of sweeties.  smile  So happy to see Cara is doing so well.

21. lrohner profile image69

Thank you, Lor and Lisa. They are the cutest, and Cara is doing well. For a genetic defect she had that was as severe as it was, she had the best case scenario, so we are all very happy.

22. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Ohhh, the girls are beautiful!  I'm so happy to hear Cara is doing well.  You are an awesome Grandma!!

23. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

Oh my .. you just made my whole day . . a beautiful picture with an amazing message from you. . . and those gorgeous babies are so lucky to have a Grandma like you!

24. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 14 years ago

They are adorable.  Congratulations!!!!

So she didn't leave the jerk... Whatever at least you get to see your grandchildren. smile

The day will come, Sandra, she will. Trust me, she will.

25. NaomiR profile image76
    NaomiRposted 14 years ago

Those babies are gorgeous!

26. Misha profile image62
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

I have to break my silence for a mo and say how I am happy for you Lisa! smile And they are real cuties smile

27. lrohner profile image69

Thank you Jane, Wave, Sandra and Naomi. And Misha, I am totally honored that you chose to respond. And I (we) miss you, bud!

28. The Rope profile image61
    The Ropeposted 14 years ago

They are absolutely precious!  You must be walking on clouds.  Glad the son-in-law got over his issues and you can enjoy them and have some time with your daughter.  Congrats!

29. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

Wow! Cute grandchildren you have there Irohner. You make me want to have a baby or two of my own smile. You must be really, really proud of them.

30. habee profile image93
    habeeposted 14 years ago

Gorgeous babies! I'm hoping for another grandaughter in May. I already have 5 boys, but only 2 girls.

31. Money Glitch profile image65
    Money Glitchposted 14 years ago

Awwww Irohner, thanks for sharing such a beautiful picture of your grandchildren.  And to be blessed with 2 at one time, I know you are proud and happy to be back with them! big_smile

32. tony0724 profile image59
    tony0724posted 14 years ago

I am happy the situation was resolved for you . Looking at those two beauties a person cannot help but smile !

33. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

So precious! Thanks for sharing. I miss my grandchildren in the mainland. I will get to see them at Christmas. Yeahhh!!

34. darkside profile image63
    darksideposted 14 years ago

Oh my goodness they are gorgeous! And I'm glad to hear that you stood your ground and it worked out right.

35. lrohner profile image69

Thank you all! Habee, good luck with your next grandbaby and do share all the details when he/she's born! Elayne, have a fabulous Christmas celebrating with your grandchildren!

36. prettydarkhorse profile image62
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

they are cute little babies! Congratulations, it is fun although tiring at times taking care of the little chidlren but they give so much joy and smiles from us....

37. profile image0
    ralwusposted 14 years ago

Awwww, they're little darlin's. Yer so luckyand blessed. Love 'em and spoil them well now.

38. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

I am sooo happy for you, thank you for sharing your wonderful news!!!

39. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

enjoy your mornings..... what beautiful babies

40. Zsuzsy Bee profile image86
    Zsuzsy Beeposted 14 years ago

So glad that things worked out well for baby Cara. They are little beauties that's for sure. Here's to good health for them and you.
    Keep sticking to your guns, the babies need Grandma too.

41. lyla profile image61
    lylaposted 14 years ago

Awwww..Little angels! smile You lucky,lucky grandma! smile Glad that your problem has been sorted out.Your daughter and grandchildren are lucky to have you!smile God bless! smile

42. lrohner profile image69

Thank you everyone. I'm a bit biased, but I also think they are just the cutest little things! smile

43. Helen Cater profile image60
    Helen Caterposted 14 years ago

Those little darlings would win any baby competition. They are soooo cute. being a granny myself at such a tender age brings such joy, and i'm so pleased you can now see yours.

44. lrohner profile image69

Thank you, Helen. And you look WAY too young to be called grandma! Although, my ex-hubby's mom had her daughter at 16. Her daughter had her first baby at 16, making her a granny at the tender age of 32!

45. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
    Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years ago

I don't yet have any of my own, but, good gosh those babies are cute! big_smile

Thanks Jeffrey! They're adorable when they're not spitting up on me. For God's sake, I haven't done so much laundry since all 3 of my kids were living at home! smile

1. Jeffrey Neal profile image68
        Jeffrey Nealposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

46. charanjeet kaur profile image61
    charanjeet kaurposted 14 years ago

Ironher,they look precious. Loved the snap and all that you are doing for your daughter, trust me she will be indebted to you for this. After birth one thing that every mom needs is a good nights sleep, You sure are one solid and rocking Grandma!!!

By the way sorry for the late reply followed this thread from this post http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/27966

47. dohn121 profile image81
    dohn121posted 14 years ago

Sorry for the late reply, Irohner.  Adorable!!!

I'm so glad that things are better in the home front and just in time for the holidays smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)