Let's create a story

Jump to Last Post 1-46 of 46 discussions (63 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

This is basically a role playing game.  you can be whatever character you want, and come up with any setting or history you want.  plus, there's no limit to how much you can type either. if you only want to write one sentence or paragraph, then that's fine.  if you want to write an entire page, than that's fine too.  just make sure your character and story relates to the current story going on from the last person that posted above you.  i would start this story, but im feeling too lazy to do it tonight, so i'll let you all start it first, and i'll gladly join in later.

1. Red_Dragon profile image61
      Red_Dragonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Playing with my Wii right now.

1. defenestratethis profile image60
        defenestratethisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

( Irate Ex-Girlfriend) " Playing with your Wii again huh??? Is that all you have to say?! Well...thats just GREAT!!  I drove all the way over here, in the blazing heat, a TWO hour drive, almost ran outa' gas, had to listen to my fool brother and his skanky wife fighting in the back seat and telling me how to drive, all beacuse YOU said you were gona pay me the money YOU  owe me, and youre just gona sit there and tell me youre playing with your Wii??!!! Well PLAY WITH THIS!!! ( shoves an envelope under his nose) Yeah..thats from FREDO!!! Remember him?!! Boy is he pissed, and you KNOW he means business!! Wheres my money??!!  Youre killing me, you know that?!! I have...just..about...okay wait is that the phone?? Whos calling you now??! Im answering it Mister Wii Man!! (runs to kitchen to answer his phone)  'Hello...who the hell is this??!!.............

1. profile image0
          Stevennix2001posted 14 years agoin reply to this

(fredo's voice) hello, is that dead beat around?  that no good floor flushing son of a b**ch owes me some damn money.  you tell that son of b**ch he better have my f**king money by the end of the week or else he's not going to even be a man anymore if you catch my drift.

1. Red_Dragon profile image61
            Red_Dragonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

ME: "Ok ok hun calm down"

*Pimp slaps*

"Never bother me when i play with my Wii again! Fredo.....hey buddy is that you? "

Fredo...."WHERES MY MONEY" *Cock backs shotgun sound*

Me: "Ummm ummmm".................*thinks for a while* "What money is that again?"

Fredo: ":YOU SON OF A B*** you forgot already?!" You mean that Plant that I had in my house magically vanished?!?!

Me: "Ummmm....umm........" "............................Ok. I'll have your money by the end of the week, "How much was that again?"

Fredo: ..........."I'll kill you next time we meet if you dont have that stuff" *beep beep beep*

Me: Shit......dude hanged up, what do i do now?....Well in the meantime, "Hey Melissa how about giving me some sugar?" I was looking for someone to play multiplayer with."

2. defenestratethis profile image60
    defenestratethisposted 14 years ago

(Melissa) Oh, you want me to give you some sugar? Oh hell no, I aint GIVING anything away anymore, from now on you have to PAY!! Pay for EVERYTHING. When I think of all the things I gave you...that Wii for one thing, your cell phone, that shirt youre wearing, those gold cufflinks, that new stereo system in the living room....the only thing I couldnt give you was a job, which is why Fredo and me still dont have the money you owe us, and which is why Im goin out to the car right now to get my brother who is gona come back in here and hurt you....hes gona hurt you bad.... (stomps off to the front door, rips it open so that it slams against the wall, runs outside and begins calling for her brother)...JUNIOR!!!! JUNIOR!!!! COME IN HERE AND HELP MEEEEEEEE!!!!!

1. profile image0

(suddenly out of the van comes out a giant 7'8 tall man.  weighing over 300 lbs in solid muscle, bald head, angry expression in his eyes and holding a metal baseball bat in his hands as he looks like he wants to beat up Red_Dragon badly)

Junior:  Is that no good dead beat inside Melissa?!? (grunts heavily)

Melissa: Damn straight he is, and he's still ain't got my damn money.  After all the trouble I went through for him.  All that lazy son of a b**ch can tell me is he's playing with his Wii.  Then he slaps me saying he wants me to give him some sugar.

Junior:  Alright alright alright, shut the f**k up you whining f**king b**ch.  I'll take care of his dead beat **s. 

(red tries to run into his house to look for his gun or some weapon to defend himself with.  however, he forgot that he sold his gun to get some extra cash so he could buy some games for his Wii.  he picks up a wooden baseball bat just as Junior walks into his house and hits him over the head with it.  The bat breaks in half and Junior seems to be unfaized by it.  Junior grabs Red by the collar and starts to give him the whoopin of his life.  Leaving Red there alone with a few cracked ribs, as Junior stares down at him mercilessly.)

Junior:  You better have my sister's money by the end of week too, or else I swear to god, you're going wish you were never born.  And I don't give a rat's **s either that you owe Fredo money too.

3. profile image0

Junior gets back in the van as Melissa gets in as well.  They drive off leaving Red battered and bleeding.

4. Faybe Bay profile image64
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

You okay Melissa? Junior asks, no concern for Red

Am I okay? H*** no I'm not okay! I won't be okay until that son of a b**** pays. Look at me. I say we get FREDO and that guy you told me about... You know the one. That'll really show him. Mellisa replies

Junior grabs his phone as they drive away "You're right, You call Fredo. I'll call my friend. Tell Fredo to meet us at

1. calpol25 profile image59
      calpol25posted 14 years agoin reply to this

The Poisson Rouge Bar in 10 minutes.

5. Faybe Bay profile image64

The Poissoin Pouge Bar is a seedy joint on the edge of town just past the railroad tracks. When a new lost soul wanders in it can go one of two ways, they are lunch, for the regulars or a new toy to play with. This my friends, is not a place to go for a game of pool unless you bring your own cue. And a few big friends, or Junior.

6. profile image0

The place reeked of fowl stench and streets ran cold with blood at night.  Only a fool would dare set foot in such a place without having a strong reason for doing so.

7. Faybe Bay profile image64

The only reason Junior would even consider letting his sister walk in was because if you wanted something done right, this was where you would go, and the only way she would ever walk in was if she was with him. And he told her so.
    Ducking as he entered the bar he squeezed her tight,
    "anyone touches you in here I'll break his arm, stay close. And don't you ever come in here without me. If they treat you nice here, that's what they're hopin', that you'll feel comfortable and come back alone. Don't get all friendly." Junior said through closed teeth next to her ear.

8. defenestratethis profile image60

But Junior neednt have worried. He had gained the fear and/or respect of nearly everyone in this part of town. He had a long history beset with violence, rage and the murders of victims not yet found. As they walked towards the bar, Melissa noted the furtive glances his way, and the gentle parting of the other patrons to allow them through. They were nearly at the bar when they heard a deep male voice from the other side of the room call out "JUNIOR..!! Where the hell ya been?? Get over here!!" Junior turned and murmurmed "Oh Shit..whats HE doin' here?" Melissa asked "Who's THAT??!!" "Youre about to find out" replied Junior. They began walking towards the man's table, and, to her horror, Melissa realized it was none other than....

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
      TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years ago

Frankie Full House, so-called because he always wore three guns and two knives, and who knew what else. He was The Spider's body guard.

"Heya Junior!" Frankie's deceptively friendly voice called out again. "I gotta message for ya!"

Junior and Melissa made it to the table where Frankie offered them a small, black briefcase. Junior lifted the lid and saw green.

Frankie grinned and reached into his front jacket pocket; Melissa tensed, but Frankie only pulled out a little white card--like the kind you'd find on a bouquet of flowers, except this one had a spider splayed across the front--a black widow. Frankie read the message, "For the moment, your friend Red is worth more to Ms. Spider alive than he is dead or maimed. She has a job for him. In return for your consideration of his life and health for the moment, she'd like to offer you this small token of appreciation. Of course, once Ms. Spider's business with Mr. Red is complete, there would be no reason not to pursue your present course of action. Enjoy your money, and be patient. I assure you, Mr. Red will get just what he deserves."

ETA: Hmm...Was writing this while Steven posted that...Sorry, guys.

2. profile image0

junior and melissa paused briefly for a moment as they pondered ms. spider's letters carefully.

eta:  nah, don't worry about it gs.  lol.  besides, i like your comment better anyway, as it sounds like a much more interesting idea. lol.

3. Red_Dragon profile image61
      Red_Dragonposted 14 years ago

*Back at the house*

Me: Where the hell did everyone go? I need to be careful it seems as if something is carefully being planned......

*Phones Rings*

Me: UGH Who is it now?!

Phone Stranger: "Red it's me, meet me outside the bar on the south side of town i have something that we need to discuss"

Me: "Who is this?!"

*Dial Tone*

Me: Damnit she hung up....could it be her?! No......It's not possible they told me she was dead....

*Puts on Coat*

Me: Good idea to take this with me *cocks back Nine, and puts on body armor*...Better safe then sorry.

*Garage Opens while starting car*

Me (Thinking): Could it really be her? why is my past creeping up on me day by day? First Melissa, Fredo, THEN Junior and now THIS.....could this have something to do with back in Iraq? Did they finally figure out that i am the one that holds the key.......

4. Faybe Bay profile image64

Red knew he had to play this out very carefully. Ms Spider as she like to be called was a modern day Mata Hari that commanded both sides of the war as well as the ocean. Her web was almost impossible to detect until you were in it, and one false step would have the jaws of that black widow sucking the life out of your writhing carcas.

He checked his rear view all the way, if he had a tail it was a relay job, he couldn't tell. At least he didn't have anything on him that she wanted right now, it was just a matter of how long he could keep her satisfied with bits and pieces before he'd have to give up the truth.

"Here we go, easy Red, easy." He said to himself as he parked the car and crossed the street. Her long limbs gleemed in the light of a street lamp, her face hidden in the shadow of her long silken hair. As beautiful as she was, she had this air about her that made everyone give her a wide berth. Red patted his side arm before he slipped into the arms of the most beautiful cold-blooded killer on the planet.

5. profile image0

The wind was calm.  almost too calm, as it was like the silence before the storm.

6. From Mumbai profile image37
      From Mumbaiposted 14 years ago

Something was brewing but what?

7. Faybe Bay profile image64

As Red slipped back to look into her eyes he was stricken by what he saw. Who could ever get close enough to mar that remarkable face. Whoever it was had to be dead already. He knew he had better not make any remark.

"Is there a problem, Red?" she asked coyly, slipping away his side arm and tucking it into her bag, she linked her arm through his roughly and said, "never mind, walk with me, this way."

8. defenestratethis profile image60

Red noted a grey Merecedes occupied by two dark figures, and as they drew nearer, its lights flashed, its engine started, and the back door swung open. "Get in" she purred. "Uh..where we going?" asked Red.

9. profile image0

she looks at him with a devious grin, "that for me to know, and you to worry about."  He gulps heavily wondering if she might know about the key he holds to secret the door that leads to ultimate power. it is said that the key that red found during his excavation in iraq, holds the key to granting any mere mortal the powers of a god.  However, whoever gets said god like powers either goes mad with insanity or they die instantly.  Needless to say, the power was too unstable to be controlled, so it was entrusted to red to keep the key's existence a secret.  However, if Ms. Spider or anyone else were to know of it's existence, then the world may not be so safe anymore.

10. ddsurfsca profile image70
      ddsurfscaposted 14 years ago

Little did any of them know, that the way had already been paved and there would be no bloodshed over money or the debt owed, for an unknown woman, very old old woman who had been around for many years had just walked into the corner liquor store and had spent one, single dollar on a lottery ticket.  She went out of the store and stood in the shade to scratch it.
         One number, two numbers, three numbers in a row, and she had won.... she could not believe it.  She had won over one hundred thousand dollars.
         She knew of the need of money back at the house, but didn't want to go there, so she called the house and asked for Fredo, and sure enough, Fredo answered. 
         The old woman told him of her good fortune, and Fredo would be the only one she would tell, for they were family.  Fredo was the only family she had left.
         "Fredo, my dear, our worries are over" she exclaimed.  "I need for you to come and pick me up, for it is too hot to walk that far, and besides, I am going to need a lift to the Lottery Central Office to be able to cash this,"
         "I'll be right there Granny, don't go anywhere and do not tell anyone about the ticket" he wanred her.

11. Faybe Bay profile image64

Fredo wrecked Red's house for good measure, breaking everything he owned icluding his precious Wii. Stomping on the games he ran across an ancient key, looked like it might be worth something at an antique shop. He put it in his pocket, surveyed the damage and called Mellisa.

"Jerk wasn't here" he growled into the phone, "So I left him a message. "I don't know any stinkin' Ms Spider and I could care less about her plans." he explained starting his car. "look I gotta go, I was careful just broke his stuff, found a cute little key, for my trouble. I gotta go find Granny"

12. Flightkeeper profile image67
      Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Granny waited patiently for Fredo outside the store. But it was too hot so she went inside to buy a coke.  A little celebratory drink, she thought.  She went up to pay for it. The man took her dollar and looked at her hard.

13. ddsurfsca profile image70

"What you looking at, take my dollar and gimme my drink, I'm in a hurry", and with that she went back outside to wait. 
        "What's taking so long?" she thought, and hoped nothing had happened.  This family had been through enough hardships.  It was about time we came up on something good.
         Finally the car came zomming in, and screached to a stop.  Granny got in, glad to get off her swelling feet.
         She showed Fredo the ticket, and they both laughed together. 
         "What Luck huh, sonny boy?"

1. profile image0

Fredo:  oh hell yea.  thanks to this ticket, we ain't ever going to have to worry about money again. however, i just got to go by one last stop before we go home and pack our s**t.

14. profile image0

on the way home, they stop by a local pawn shop as fredo tries to get an estimate to how much that old key is worth. the pawn shop owner examines the key carefully.  however, from the shocked look on the pawn shop owner's face, fredo could tell this key was worth more than  he had hoped for.  taking the key in the back to examine it even further as fredo could see the pawn shop owner looking through old text books to look up it's origin.  then the pawn shop owner walks out slowly with a blank expression on his face.  unsure of what to tell fredo.

15. defenestratethis profile image60

"Where did you get this?" asked the shop owner  "Certainly not in this country?" Fredo wasnt sure how to respond to this, for he didnt want to incriminate himself, after all, he had stolen it, and he'd already been in trouble with the law on a regular basis. "Oh well, my friend gave it to me before he passed away from cancer last month." he replied "Well, your friend obviously held secrets from you, and this was probally the biggest secret he held, not only from you...but from many, many people." "Whaddaya mean?!" asked Fredo "Look, I just wanna know how much ya can give me for it" The shopowner eyed him with suspicion and replied "It would be nearly impossible to determine this objects value, it is ancient, perhaps over twelve thousand years old, and is believed by many to be mythical and non-existant. Actually the only way your friend could have gotten this key would be if by accident, somewhere near Turkey perhaps, and if its discovery were to be made public...why, the outcome could just..." But the shopowners speech stopped and his eyes went blank as he stared beyond Fredos shoulder. Fredo turned around to see a beautiful woman flanked on each side by men holding assault weapons pointed in his direction. The woman began to speak saying...

1. TheGlassSpider profile image64
        TheGlassSpiderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"Why Fredo, fancy meeting you here." The Spider spread a sly smile pass across her deep red lips as she licked them. "You wouldn't be trying to pawn something that doesn't belong to you, now would you?" she purred.

She walked toward him, closer, closer, high heels clicking with each step...Fredo didn't know where you were supposed to hide weapons in such a tight-fitting dress, but he was sure they were there.

"N-n-no ma'am," Fredo answered.

"That's a good boy." The spider patted Fredo's cheek as she passed; her eyes full of the key from Iraq.

"What is this!?" the pawn shop owner exclaimed.

Spider leaned over the counter, "I am the executrix of his friend's estate. He has stolen that key...Purely out of grief I'm sure. If you'll just hand it over, I will make sure it is executed properly." The Spider's delicate hand ran through her hair.

"Now listen here! I don't know any of you..." Quick as a flash, a tiny silver blade made its way across his throat. Spider returned the blade to her hair before the pawn shop owner's head even hit the counter, while at the same time her other hand secured the key in some hidden place on her person.

She smiled back at Fredo, "I tried to be nice. Now, isn't your Granny waiting with a winning lottery ticket?"

Fredo gulped and looked back at the body on the counter...he knew he was a lot more likely to get pinned with that crime than she was, "Yes, ma'am...I mean, how did you...?"

Spider cackled, "Haven't you realized that I know everyone and everything that happens here? This is my town...and soon with the key...Well, that remains to be seen. Now run along. My boys'll be here to clean up this mess."

She walked out the door with Fredo staring at her rather intriguing backside the whole way...until the sound of sirens broke his concentration...

1. Faybe Bay profile image64
          Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fredo, a survivalist at heart raced out the door and jumped in the car.

"Who was that lovely woman, dear?" Granny asked, as Fredo accelerated into traffic.

"No one I know, Gran, never seen her before in my life." He said raking a shaky hand through his hair. Checking the rear view mirror, he mentally added "and hope to never see again."

When his phone rang seconds later, he actually jumped. Caller ID said Mellisa.

1. profile image0
            Pani Midnyte Odinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Unbeknown to Fredo, Melissa had just had an interesting encounter with some men in black.

The first man pulled his wallet out and flashed his badge too quickly for Melissa to see what agency he worked for. The second man stood behind him with his arms crossed. Both wore sunglasses and neither were smiling.

"You know a guy named Red?" One of the men asked.

"What's it to you?" Melissa glared at the man. Junior stood behind her, his body tense and ready for anything that was to come.

"We need to find Red." Melissa could see that he was glaring back, even through the dark shades he wore.

"Well, I don't know where that deadbeat is, but if you find him, tell him I want my money." Melissa turned around, thinking it was over.

The man grabbed her arm and said, gruffly, "You're not going anywhere until you help us find Red, understand?" Melissa gave Junior "the signal." A flash in her eyes that said 'help me out, big brother.'

Junior was quick to respond. He grabbed the man by the throat and picked him up, effortlessly.

The second man shot Junior in the chest and Junior fell to the ground. Melissa was in shock. She didn't know what to do as she watched the second man say to the first man, "You're injured. You're of no good to me right now. Sorry, buddy." He shot the first man in the head and grabbed Melissa's arm. "Now, since you don't know where Deadbeat Red is, get on your cell phone and call that scoundrel, Fredo. Ask him what he took from Red's house this afternoon." Melissa stared. "NOW!"

16. Faybe Bay profile image64

Back in the car, Granny eyed Fredo suspiciously. "Why are you so jumpy?" she asked looking at the phone in his hand, "Hey, ain't you gonna answer that?"

17. defenestratethis profile image60

"Yeah..yeah grams dont worry..." he replied. But as the phone continued to ring, Fredo could feel his heart beating strong and fast in his chest, and the perspiration forming on his upper lip. He contemplated the gut reation he was having. He felt as though he were caught in the eye of a hurricane, held in place by deadly forces whirling about him. Forces ready to drop him to his death at any given moment. He picked up the phone. "Jesus Melissa, this better be good. Im having one helluva day.." he said in a trembling voice. "Oh my GOD FREDO!!! Have you seen RED!!! Please tell me youve seen him!!!" cried Melissa. "Huh...damnit calm down girl!! I just got through talking with that death hag Spider, and she took Reds key..." he mumbled. What Melissa said next chilled him to the bone.....

18. Faybe Bay profile image64

"Look I could give a s**t about Ms Spider right now, I need RED."The phone slipped from her fingers, Fredo could tell as her voice got further away. "No, what are you doing? Wait I swear, I'll help you find him..." her words disappeared in a blood chilling scream as a new voice came on the line. "Hope you still have the key Fredo." the man said in a smooth as ice voice. Mellisa's screams were fading in the distance. "If you ever want to see any of your friend again... Oh did I say friend? Freudian slip, I did mean friends, honest."

The phone went dead, Fredo pulled a u-turn.
      "Where we goin' honey?" Granny asked.

"We're going after a spider, Gran." He said with new determination.
      "Oh, That's nice dear." Granny replied, reaching in her bag she pulled out a Desert eagle "Guess I'll be needing Bessie then."

19. ddsurfsca profile image70

Fredo thought it rather strange that Grams had such a thing in her posession, for there was no way she could have known when she left the house that she was going to need it. 
         "You know Fredo, you think that just because you are young and live on the edge that you have all the answers, and that you are going to be the one who handles all the dangerous situations." Granny told him.  "But I want you to know something, this family came from a long line of outlaws and gangsters.  You don't even know how I grew up, nor did you ever have the occasion to meet any of my brothers.  I had seven of them, and myself, I was the only girl in the family.  One day I was having probles with people breaking in my house, and my brother, the crazy one, brought me a shotgun, just in case I needed it.  The very next day he showed back up to get it back, and I told him that I had not even had a chance to show it to anyon yet..." Granny explained.
         "I brought you something safer and easier to aim, my brother told me, and he exchanged the shotgun and handed me a live hand gernade.  What in the hell am I going to do with this? I asked him?
         "Well, I got to thinking about someone breaking into the house and having a gun themselves, and you getting shot, so, what I want you to do is if anybody breaks in, or comes at you with a gun, pull out this puppy, pull the pin and look them straight in the eye--and tell them "Go ahead, shoot me." Granny just looked at Fredo, and became silent to read his thoughts on that bit of insanity.
         "Fredo, you know what?  My granny was a gypsie, and a psychic, and I knew today was going to be a handgernade kind of day, so guess what I have, just in case someone gets a crazy thought about taking that ticket or the key away from either of us...." 
         and she just stared out at the road, and had a kind of crazy far away look and an even crazier sort of half smile on her face as if she were thinking about things from long ago....

20. defenestratethis profile image60

The calm assurance of grannys words and demeanor caused Fredo to shed his initial panic and uncertainty, and instead tap into that part of him that had kept him alive on the streets since he was thirteen years old. 'The Beast' as Fredo referred to his street personna, had taught him how to overcome the most powerful of obstacles through relying on his intellect rather than his emotions. He began to go over the facts in his head. Melissa was in harms way...therefore Junior must be dead or seriously injured. The key he'd taken form Reds house was a very, very hot commodity. Spider had tailed him and killed a man for it. Another man was holding Melissa hostage for it. Red was nowhere to be found. Red. The answer must lay with him, Fredo reasoned. So he pushed the gas medal down hard as he made his way to 1400 Forest Crest Drive, where the mansion of Ms Spider stood. Shes holding Red, he knew...and Red was talking entirely too much. "Hope ya still have that arsenal in the trunk Fredo Boy" said granny. "We're gona need it."....

21. Red_Dragon profile image61
      Red_Dragonposted 14 years ago

Me: *Wakes up* "ugh....." "Where the hell did Spider go? "Why did she leave me in her car"

*Suddenly Spider approaches the car to get in*

Spider: "You finally woke up......."

Me: "What the hell did you do to me?"

Spider: "oh nothing, nothing at all....."

Me: "Tell me something *Struggling to get up*......I thought you were dead, how the hell did you survive?"

Spider: That's because i am NOT the Spider you remember.....Spider really is dead, and I know you loved her with the time you guys spent in the Iraq" I am actually her twin sister.....

Me: "what the hell? She never told me she had a twin sister! Then who the hell are you?"

???: "My name? They call me Mercedes"

Me: "Mercedes eh?

*We are in one as well.....What am i thinking, this is not time for jokes though*

Me: What the hell do you need the key for?"

Mercedes: Red, it is time, time to unleash what it is that you were a part of, Project Evangelion!

Me: "You bastard! Millions of people will die! I spent a great part of my time in Iraq sealing that way, why would you want to release it!

Mercedes: "I know you are not talking, this is coming from someone who use to be a assassi....

Me: "Shut up!! That was along time ago! Those days are over now, now I only have time for those that i care for!

Mercedes: "Those that you care for? Spider is dead, and your family has been taken away, what else do you have to live for"

Me: "I live to stop you and anyone that gets it my way, that's just part of my duty!"

Mercedes: "You really think that you can stop me? I could kill you anytime, but i need you to help me bring back that which god has placed on this earth..."

Me: " You are insane, i dont know how to explain it but those things are living breathing organisms"

Mercedes: "Are you crazy, they are robots made to replenish the earth to its natural state"

Me: "LISTEN TO ME!" "They are real living breathing things under that armor! If you continue now these things will devour the earth and all of its inhabitants!"

Mercedes: "Ugh, im getting tired of you go back to sleep"

*WAM!*

Mercedes: "That should keep you quiet for a while"

Mercedes (thinking): Could releasing these things into the world really be a disaster? No, it cant be nothing is gonna stop me from bringing back which once roamed tis world.

22. Faybe Bay profile image64

Mercedes slammed the car door and sauntered back up the steps and into her estate. Red was safe in the car. Better off in there than in the house. After all, as he had been the one to unearth the key, and the one to seal up the warriors, he would be their first target. She could always get another car.

Meanwhile, as Fredo and Granny approached the gates of Ms Spider's estate, Granny decided she'd better school the youngster on how this would go down.
      Granny: "Fredo, I know there's no love lost between you and your cousin Red." Fredos jaw seized at the reminder of their kinship. "But I ain't plannin' on losing another grandchild to a conflict older than me."
      Fredo: "Another grandchild, Granny there's only the two of us..."
      Granny: "Don't sass your elders boy." she reached out and smacked the back of his head. "There was another child, it was not just two boys, I had a girl too. She was... Raised elsewhere and she had a pair of twins, one of which has passed on. No one knew but me that she was kin... Take what you want from this spider, if you can. But don't take the life of my only remaining Granddaughter, the other twin, Mercedes."

Fredo screeched to a halt in front of the gate, his mouth agape as he stared at this fragile old woman. Before he could ask any questions she gave him a cold stare.

"So, what's your plan for this here gate, sonny boy?" she asked.

23. defenestratethis profile image60

"So..youre tellin me that cold blooded creature is my cousin?? That evil b*tch is related to me by blood??! Holy mother of Go.." But Fredos outburst was cut short by a loud, sharp knocking sound on his window. He turned to see the face of one of Reds old associates, Damage. Damage had run with the same crew Red belonged to back in the 90's. 'The Souls of Mischief'  they had called themselves. A brotherhood on the streets, whose sole aim it was to oppress the neighborhood through deception, thievery and bullying. "Yeah, weird huh? But it really is me, man" he smiled. His moonshaped, pockmarked face grinned, displaying several gold capped teeth. "Now Fredo...you know, once a brother, ALWAYS a brother. We heard Red was in trouble, so we came to help. Check your rear view mirror, man.." He went on to say that Red was the only member of their gang who turned out to be a war hero, and even though the gang was "Still pissed at that knuckle-head" they were obligated to lend him a hand. Fredo looked in his rear view mirror, and could hardly believe it. Slowly from behind each shadow and tree, The Souls of Mischief began to show themselves..one by one, each armed and ready. Fredo turned to the grinning face of Damage, and asked .........

24. Faybe Bay profile image64

"What took ya so long?" then to Granny, "See Gran, the gate ain't no problem. And I promise, I won't hurt either of my cousins."
      Getting out of the car, he said aside to Damage "Turns out that B***h in there is my cousin, so I ain't allowed to kill her, you understand."

Damage smiled, "Yeah, I understand, man. Let's go get Red outta there."

The electronic gate was currently being disabled, with a complete disregard for the security cameras aimed at them.

"One more thing, there's this old key. No matter what happens, or who dies, I get the key." Fredo told the gang.

Meanwhile, Mercedes, aka Ms Spider, was watching the goings on at her gate on the wide screen in her living room. "So much better than Dish Network." she said, playing with the key on a gold chain around her neck. She reached behind her for a...

25. defenestratethis profile image60

....a cigarette and placed it to her lips. As Frankie leaned down to light it with the 24k lighter she'd given him for Christmas, she murmured into his ear, "Man all the entrances, and put three of your men out front by the car. Go down to the backyard, and unleash Dante and Satan, but dont feed them, I want em hungry. Call Junior and tell him Ive got Red over here. And see what his bimbo sister is up to, I dont want her tripping out and throwing a fit over Reds disappearance and calling the cops, so do what ya have to with that ditzy b*tch, if you know what I mean." Franki nodded in understanding, and silently left the room. 
           She watched the security screen and stroked her pet snow leapard for a few moments. She then reached into her bag and retieved a....

Blood red lipstick, stroking it sensuously over her lips before rising and stretching her long limbs, on her way to the...

1. defenestratethis profile image60
          defenestratethisposted 14 years agoin reply to this

bedroom, where she planned to pack a few more items before leaving for the airport. She was booked for a flight departing for Istanbul at 10:45pm tonight. Upon her arrival in Istanbul, she would be met by her sister Spiders foreign associates. These associates were the only people Mercedes knew of that actually frightened her sister. When Spider spoke of them, and their all emcompassing power in over six countries, her voice grew tense and brittle, and she began to pace the room. "Ahhh, but thats why shes dead" thought  Merecedes "She allowed her fear to rule over her judgement."  As she glanced at her reflexion in the bedroom mirror and stroked her hair, she paused suddenly, and said out loud...

Ah what the h**l this ticket isn't for tonight! D**n. I have to get out of here tonight, so as a last resort she picked up the phone.

She then proceeded thru the long corridors and down the stairs to the...

1. profile image0

underground basement which led to her secret sea port she kept just for emergencies such as this.  unknown to her intruders, she had planned this the whole time.  wanting to exact revenge against red as he failed to save her sister, so she had her goons safely put Red inside the pool house where he'd lay unconscious after inducing him with sleeping pills.  leaving him there at a safe distance, as ms. spider had planned on blowing up the place.  faking her own death while leaving enough evidence behind to leave red with the blame.  framing him for her murder along with her other enemies.

26. profile image0

meanwhile damage and rest of his posse continue trying to help fredo and his grandmother into the spider's mansion.

27. defenestratethis profile image60

and Frankie tried to get a hold of Junior. When Junior didnt answer his cell phone, Frankie had an ominous feeling about him, and decided to call Melissa and see if she knew anything.
           Even if she'd been conscious, Melissa wouldnt have been able to answer her phone. The stranger who'd abducted her and knocked her out, had then proceeded to tie her feet and hands with...

28. ddsurfsca profile image70

her shoelaces.  Fredo didn't want to keep Granny waiting around in these kinds of places anymore.  He went back and got her and they took off in his car.  He was worried about the gas, he didn't want to run out.  Why should he worry about any of these hoods anymore.  It was time to just look out for his family, his blood relatives, those were the ones who took care of him, and they didn't need money anymore.  "you still got that ticket Gran?"
        "Damn straight"  and she smiled. "can we go get rich now?"
        "that was my exact thought," and he got on the freeway straight out of town.

29. ddsurfsca profile image70

"I want to drive", said Granny. 
      "Oh, I don't think so, I want to live to spend some of this money," said Fredo with a laugh.
      "I was driving before you learned to use the damn toilet, not pull over, and I am not going to say it again....I will leave you right here on the side of the road and go my own damn self" she said without a smile.
      Fredo didn't know what to do.....

30. defenestratethis profile image60

..because, after all, she was the one with the million dollar ticket, and he wanted to stay in her good graces. "Oh..alright" he laughed "You win, but promise me you wont stop at any liquor stores this time. I know you think a swig of Jack Daniels improves your judgement, but remember what happened on that road trip last Thanksgiving..ok granny?" He smiled and hoped for the best as he pulled over to the shoulder of the road. They had taken one of the back roads and were now in the midst of a  heavily wooded area. He got out of the car, walked around front to the passenger side, and opened the door for his grandmother. While she slowly moved her legs towards the open door, he glanced at the road behind them, and noticed another car approaching. As the car drew closer, Fredo felt a sense of impending doom, and then realized that his fear was well founded when he saw that the driver of the car was..

31. ddsurfsca profile image70

"Get in quick and DRIVE, " and he ran around the car.
         "Don't worry, watch this" she said back.  She reached in and grabbed her purse.  The car pulled in behind them, and the two men got out, holding guns on them.
         Granny just smiled, and they noticed she had one hand in her  purse.
        "Dont be stupid Lady, give me what I'm after"
      With that Granny dropped her purse, and in her hand was a live hand gremade. "Go ahead stupid,  shoot me and let's see what happens to all of us."
        The man backed up two steps, the disbelief all over his face.  Was this old woman for real? "Your nuts Lady, be careful with that thing."

32. defenestratethis profile image60

"We're not going to hurt each other now are we..darlin?"  granny replied in a cold voice. "And speakin of nuts, you'll be holdin yours in your throat if you and your boy dont back the f*ck off!!" She raised the grenade in her gnarled fist, and drew back her arm as she continued threatening the men in a voice devoid of all emotion. Fredo had never heard his grandmother speak in such a way, and listened with bone chilling dread as she went on.. "You think I wont hesitate to take us ALL out, right here, right now?  Im old son. Ive traveled many a hard road, and Im tired. If this is the way I have to die, to keep a scum sucking pig like you from getting the best of me, I'll DO IT. Close your eyes Fredo...its time for all of us here to meet our maker." And with these words, she pulled the pin on the grenade and proceeded to...

33. ddsurfsca profile image70

watch as the men scrambled for their car and sped away at about the speed of light.
         Granny carefully put the pin back into the grenade and Fredo's eyes popped back into his head.
        "Gran, where in the hell did you get that and who ever gave you the idea to use it like this.?"
         "There are quite a few things you don't know about ol' Granny, son.  Let's get on with out journey before they get some other idea".  "You drive so I can keep an eye out, Fredo." she said.
         And with that they sped off in the opposite direction.
         "What was up with that?" Fredo insisted.
         "I told you long ago that our family's background wasn't what it appeared.  We come from a long line of outlaws, and they taught all of us the same. I know how to defend myself, and anyone with me.  I knew this was going to be nasty if word got out, and it has started.  We should change cars".

34. defenestratethis profile image60

She reached down into Fredos pocket and pulled out his cell phone, looked into his frightened eyes and said "I never did believe much in these stupid things..but for now..." She dialed quickly and spoke into the phone in a firm, business like fashion, "The time has come to for you to pay me that favor you owe me. You know it. My grandson and I will be swinging by your workplace in oh...about 30 minutes. Have the van parked at the curb with the keys in the ignition. Got that? Good." She replaced the phone in Fredos pocket and laughed at his astonished expression. " We're gona swing by that old nightclub on Harding Street, you know the one..'The Blue Moon'. But first we're gona make a stop at my cousin May's, we need to load up on...................

35. ddsurfsca profile image70

a few things, she will have them ready, then we'll change cars and we should be just fine.  We'll go pick up our money, and see if we can't find out what is all the fuss behind that damn key we have.  I don't believe those fellas are after us like that over no lottery ticket, nobody knows yet dont think". 
        They rounded the last corner and pulled right into an open and inviting garage door.  They both looked at each other and took a sigh of relief.
        who could have known they would have been thrown into this situation together like this?
         "Let's get our package and keep moving...

36. ddsurfsca profile image70

In the package was a picnic lunch and some drinks, and they loaded it up into the car, and without saying a word to anybody, pulled up the garage door, went around a few blocks, traded their very recognizable car for a very blend in with every other car on the road type van that was an off white, with tinted windows.
      "Ok, you take over the wheel now Fredo" said Gran, and if anything at all looks off or not right, wake me up,"
      "Got it, and what way should I take the back road?"
      "Hell no, jump on the freeway, and don't stop till we get to the state capital, but don't speed, I still have that gernade in my purse...." and with that Granny went.....

37. defenestratethis profile image60

...into a deep sleep almost immediatley. As she began to snore loudly, Fredo realized just how old the woman was getting to be. According to her, she was approaching her 87th birthday next month. But Fredo knew she had always lied about her age, and according to the ancient family bible, she was actually 92. He turned on the radio, and switched it to the local jazz station. Granny loved her jazz.....Louis Armstrong, Ella Fitzgerald, Duke Ellington and other musical giants sang her to sleep each night via the old record player she'd had for so long. As the plaintive cries of Billie Holiday filled the van, Fredo began to relax and turned into the freeway entrance. He merged gracefully with the oncoming traffic, but soon became irritated with grannys loud, uneven respirations. So he decided to wake her and offer her a drink. Keeping one hand on the wheel he reached over and gently squeezed her shoulder, but she would not wake up, in fact she lurched forward in her seat, still unconscious, and to Fredos alarm, she began to.....

Talk in her sleep, in a language Fredo had never heard. Growing up on the street he had heard every possible Hispanic dialect, Yiddish , Italian and even some German and Gaelic on occasion, but what his Gran was speaking sounded...

1. pooja0908 profile image60
          pooja0908posted 14 years agoin reply to this

and suddenly she got ill and died

38. defenestratethis profile image60

Or so it seemed..  In reality she was in a deep stupor, a trance like state, actually. At this point, theyd pulled over to the shoulder of the road, and Fredo had frantically loosened the old womans collar and seat belt. As the color returned to her cheeks, and her breathing became stable, Fredo felt a rush of relief and gratitude pour through him like a warm summer wind. He hadnt felt either of these emotions for many years, and they were so foreign to him that he began to weep. He patted his grandmothers hand and gently sobbed "Granny...granny...come back, granmama.." The old woman had indeed opened her eyes, but her gaze was vacant and she seemd to be focusing on something or someone far, far away. She began to speak again, this time her voice filled with a steely resolve as she uttered the words in the ancient language that Fredo now recognized as Latin. As he listened to the words, interpreting them, he realized that what she was actually saying was....

1. Cathi Sutton profile image66
        Cathi Suttonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"We were eating a warm ripe melon out in the the starlight.  It was me and you grandfather.  I know you never knew him.  But he was so handsome then."  Her eyes began to focus, and a smile crossed her quivering lips.  "Oh my!"  she said, now speaking english.  "What happened?  I want to sit up straight.  Help me sit up straight!" 
        Fredo helped her into a comfortable sitting position, and as sweat formed on her upper lip and eyebrow she said, "I just had a wonderful dream.  It was so real."  She was whispering.  Then she began to softly laugh.  "You'll never believe this when I tell you!"

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)