Honoring Exceptional Hubbers

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (25 posts)
  1. fastfreta profile image75
    fastfretaposted 14 years ago

I am not very active in the Forums, so I'm not sure of the procedure, but I'd like to offer a suggestion. While we're going along in our busy days writing hubs and trying to get traffic.  We have at least 3 Hubbers that have been instrumental in promoting our hubs.  First we have the lovely lyricsingray, who asks us to recommend others hubs.  Then we have the darling AEvans who painstakingly put together a wonderful award of sorts that asked us as hubbers to choose our favorite new hubbers.  Last but certainly not least is the beautiful cosette that has begun a series entitled "Cool Hubbers," to give attention to hubbers that may or may not have been known by the Hubbing Community.  So to cut this off before I write a hub.  My suggestion, let's all honor these beautiful ladies with a nice comment here.

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

fastfreta, my gosh what a wonderful thing you've done and I thank you.

However you have missed a very large oversight in your post.

If we are talking about honoring exceptional Hubbers, to be that means honoring someone who cares, makes a difference  and effects people.  You forgot to add fastfreta given the compassion she has just displayed to the community. smile

It would be cool if every Saturday 5 hubbers were honored in a fresh thread for  that week, and of course people add to it.

For example you did this week so then you ask someone to open ext weeks and so on it goes.

Thank you again, you have a good soul.

I'm so checking that I fanned you before to make sure lol

2. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

smile thank you Freta. you're a sweetheart. best regards.

3. profile image0
      theawwwbutmumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Being only new I have been looking through many varied and different hubs.  From the start you Fastfreda have been a brilliant find.  Funnily enough I follow your others reccomendations too.  Classy, Intuitive, Honest - hubs like these will always be hard to resist!  I'm grateful for all your efforts and sincerity - you really do make a difference smile

2. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

There are many exceptional hubbers. For example, all those who share at least some of their secrets for success with less successful hubbers. There are so many that it is pretty well impossible to single out a few.

3. K Partin profile image61
    K Partinposted 14 years ago

Love them all, I don't know what more can be said about them! All three so supportive and I'm proud to be on hubpages with such talented and unselfish writers. Thanks for giving us the opportunity fastfreta. smile

1. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I second this! smile

4. fastfreta profile image75

I'd like to begin.  First lyricsingray, thank you so much for that wonderful suggestion. I have found hubbers and hubs that I've thoroughly enjoyed and now have become a follower as a result of your efforts.  Thank you for being so thoughtful and taking the time to begin this thread.

AEvans, what an impressive effort, you could have been doing anything else, but you didn't, I'm sure these hubs were not motivated by revenue, because I don't see any way you could make money from them.  So thank you for your selflessness.

Cosette, so noble an effort, to take your precious time and look into our hubs and find not only something good to say about us, but find songs in some cases to describe us.  These hubs take no little effort, and again as in AEvans case they are not motivated by revenue.  What a wonderful thing you did.  Thank you kind lady.

5. Faybe Bay profile image63
    Faybe Bayposted 14 years ago

I agree so much with your choices Fastfreta.
    Lyiricsingray spends more time promoting others than she does herself!

AEvans is a fountain of information, always there with an answer, and so balanced in word and deed as to assess the situation from all angles, before entering a response.

Cosette is my first friend. She has always responded to any need.

Now I must add one who I was honored by that I think did much to promote me, and help me along the way. Patty Inglish MS is one who is in the Elite. I went to her with a question for a hub, and she too was quick to respond, in spite of how busy these writers are, they help poor fledgling souls, like mine.

I would be remiss if I did not mention that the support of all hubbers in the forums, too numerous to mention have made my first few weeks the best of my life. I have always needed you, I'd just never been able to find you before. I am grateful to be a part of HubPages.

6. Internetwriter62 profile image77
    Internetwriter62posted 14 years ago

I think it's great to pay a special mention to exceptional hubbers. I think everyone in the community does contribute in their own special way, with their own special brand of wisdom. The wealth of experience that so many hubbers have written about is amazing. I have been inspired by Patty Inglish for her style and knowledge on so many subjects, and willingness to help other hubbers. I have been inspired by MyWebs for his articles and willingness to help other hubbers. I'm inspired by Ryankett and his exceptional research and the way he expresses himself. I'm inspired by Cayden and his terrific hubs, as well as the support he has given me. I am also inspired by Ainehannah and her great articles on Ireland and her hub on teens. I am inspired also by GodPreacher for helping me walk closer with the Lord. I'm also inspired by Putz Ballard and his wonderful articles that have touched me so deeply. I'm also very touched by DeGreek's amazing stories. I could go on and on. There are so many great hubbers, with so much to offer. You all inspire me.

7. rebekahELLE profile image85
    rebekahELLEposted 14 years ago

I am mostly inspired by hubbers who don't announce themselves; they're like precious treasures found in the many amazing hubs written each and every hour by people from all over the world.

I like to go into topics and find hubs by people I've never heard of or catch one hot off the press in the hub feed.

philip carey 61 writes amazing poetry here on HP. I check everyday to see if I missed one.

veronica writes top notch advice hubs in her own honest, straight to the point style. I found her the other night on hub feed.

I would have never found them if I didn't go searching. glad I did! smile 

there are so many great hubbers here!

8. Ohma profile image61
    Ohmaposted 14 years ago

I think Dale Mazurek who works very hard at keeping a blog outside of hubpages going to simply to promote our hubs is another Hubber worth adding to this list.

1. Dale Mazurek profile image61
      Dale Mazurekposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you very much Ohma

1. Ohma profile image61
        Ohmaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You have always offered support and help Dale. You deserve to be in this list.

9. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

whew already following big_smile

10. fastfreta profile image75

lyricsingray, what a great idea.  I'll be on the lookout for next Saturday.  Are there any takers?  Oh thank you, lyricsingray for the compliment, you're too kind.

11. RNMSN profile image62
    RNMSNposted 14 years ago

way to go fastfreata and lyricsingray!!
    this is sat the 27th and three/four/five lol of my favorites are Maggs224, wannabeewestern,habee, montana farmgirl, rochelle Frank, and Jerilee Wei  smile
    much love to all of you as well as every hubber out there!! I am proud to be a part of you guys' group!!

12. profile image0
    moonphlowerposted 14 years ago

Being "new" to HP, I don't "know" many of you well, but I would like to say to lyrics that I thoroughly enjoy your hubs!  You have a wonderful sense of humor and are hilariously funny...not to mention the kind feedback you give!!!  smile

13. wavegirl22 profile image48
    wavegirl22posted 14 years ago

I just want to give a shout out to Cagsil for this honor because he is helpful and kind, and does not have a bad thing to say about anyone. He too has written many hubs to help other hubbers. He always on hand to offer help and assistance if you need it . .

I love this thread Freta . .my hat goes off to you for opening this up!

1. Cagsil profile image71
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thank you Wavegirl22. Much appreciated. smile

14. MyWebs profile image77
    MyWebsposted 14 years ago

I would like to thank Internetwriter62 for encouraging me so much in emails when I was rather new here.

Rebecca E. for all of her wonderful hubs and comments. It is amazing how she keeps up with all of her own hub comments and then finds time to comment on other peoples hubs too.

Ann Nonymous for her very interesting hubs and support.

When other hubbers left me very encouraging comments that gave me more confidence in my writing abilities.

The many top hubbers here who are obviously very busy, but still take the time to teach new users like myself via hubs and the forums. There are just way too many of them to begin to mention without hijacking this thread.

While I have not written on other similar sites I tend to think their community isn't nearly so helpful as this one is. I love it here!

15. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

Hi i love the work of Cris A and also dohn121... they are both always supportive, and of course, I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s.... brilliant writer.  AEvans and Lyrics put lots of effort in to being brilliant fellow hubbers, and of course blondepoet...

16. Cagsil profile image71
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

I would say, Relache, Marisa Wright, Darkside, Sunforged, and Nelle Hoxie.

They each provide valuable information to hubbers about the best ways to improve the income generation side.

AEvans and Lyricsingrays are great in the department of compassion and understanding, at times...peacekeepers if you will.

Otherwise, there are plenty of hubbers who would step up in place others and give their help.

So, many do stand out...but there are some special ones among the bunch. smile That's my thoughts of it. smile

1. profile image0
      lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

at times?  hmmmmmm.....
      Interesting but kind?
      lol

17. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

I have to shout that I am continually amazed how Misha will pop up from no where to always lend a help ing hand, I thank you Misha big_smile

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)