New Accolade

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (60 posts)
  1. Patty Inglish, MS profile image89
    Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years ago

I was really surprised to notice a new accolade today - for 1,000 Hubs in featured status simultaneously. Yippeee! Thank you, HubPages!

With some consistent work, most of my Hubs are featured and I am thankful for that. Keeping Hubs fresh, updated, and interesting can help our readership and incomes increase as well as keep us writers entertained and engaged.  I hope many more Hubbers can achieve this accolade and enjoy 6 years with HubPages as I have. It seems like only yesterday that I joined -- Still having fun and meeting interesting new writers!

Best to Hubbers, Staff and Readers!

Patty Inglish

1. Simone Smith profile image87
      Simone Smithposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Hey Patty!

Yes, we've added an Accolade to commemorate the number of Featured Hubs one has- we think it's worth celebrating, as getting a Hub Featured is no small feat. wink

Our Accolade FAQ: http://hubpages.com/faq/#accolades

MAD props on having 1,000 Hubs Featured. That's... just... insane.

Patty Inglish, MSposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I FEEL insane about it! smile

2. Anselome profile image68
      Anselomeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yes definite congratulations on having 1000 simultaneously featured hubs. That's incredible!

I hope to one day reach that.

Stay Excellent!

Thanks, I appreciate it! - I just followed you and saw that also have an accolade, so you are headed for more Featured Hubs, too.

3. LillyGrillzit profile image78
      LillyGrillzitposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Patty Inglish, you deserve many more accolades. Congratulations.

4. Ericdierker profile image46
      Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Patty I have never read one of your hubs where I did not enjoy the experience and learn something worthwhile. One Thousand. On that count I worry about your need to find other healthy interests. But you make it obvious you have many. For this old man, find some time to do nothing. We are enriched by you and need to enrich you. Thank you for your service to all of us. (sometimes I like to think of a God sitting in a big throne, with a long beard and mystic clouds  --- with a sparkle twinkle in his left eye, because he as made something as wonderful as you)

Those are very nice words, Eric! I am only glad that I can bring some information or entertainment to others. That's something good to ease the way of the world, I think. And Thank God I can tap talents I discover.

I really do do some "nothing" everyday, else I could not survive! Thanks for the advice.

1. Ericdierker profile image46
          Ericdierkerposted 11 years agoin reply to this

With love

5. moonlake profile image82
      moonlakeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Patty I don't know how you do it but I know it's lots of work.

Thanks moonlake; I have had six years at it - that's a long time. Congratulations on your own accoloade for featured Hubs!

6. damian0000 profile image60
      damian0000posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was feeling pretty chuffed myself when I woke this morning to find myself awarded nice new blue plaque for having 10 featured hubs!

Of course I am a little deflated now to hear about your 1,000...

Only joking :-)
      I have read a lot of your hubs and they are excellent --- reaching 1,000 is a brilliant achievement and you deserve it!

Thanks, damian0000. I was pretty surprised myself. Your 10 is a good start toward greater numbers, to be sure. 1,000 featured Hubs does take some consistent work, but it weaves itself into one's life quite well.

I will surely give your Hubs a look!

2. wetnosedogs profile image60
    wetnosedogsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations on the new accolade.
    I do find your hubs a learning experience for me.
    Happy I found you on HubPages.

Thanks very, very much! It's a pleasure to meet so many good new friends.

3. KwameG profile image60
    KwameGposted 11 years ago

Congratulations on the new accolade. You are one of my favorite Hubbers, thank you  for all of your great Hubs and your inspiration. I always you as an example, when I talk to people about writing.

I see you have a "featured" accolade too, so congratulations!

Thanks for the compliments; I'm still llearning every day as well.

1. KwameG profile image60
        KwameGposted 11 years agoin reply to this

What? Really, Wow!! Thanks, must be from one of the Hubs you inspired! Thank you!

Congratulations! Hope you achieve a new accolade soon.

4. snakeslane profile image80
    snakeslaneposted 11 years ago

Congratulations Patty! That's just crazy!

http://youtu.be/WMO72KRoL4Y

(a song in you honor!)

How wonderful - thanks! smile I love it.

Ane you also have the Featured accolade - Congratulations!

1. snakeslane profile image80
        snakeslaneposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh wow! Thanks! (didn't notice smile) but I have a long way to go...

You...can...do...it.

5. Gcrhoads64 profile image90
    Gcrhoads64posted 11 years ago

Wow, that is amazing. You have worked hard to achieve that honor. Congratulations!

Thanks! - I see you have an accolades for Featured Hubs, so you are on your way to 1000 and more - a few at a time!

6. janshares profile image93
    jansharesposted 11 years ago

I just noticed mine, too! What a nice surprise. big_smile I had to go to FAQ to figure out what it was.

Unfortunately, it's broken down into increments like most accolades. So although my accolade says 25,   actually all 40 of my hubs are featured. Congrats, Patty for reaching 1,000. That is amazing.

Thank you hubpages for acknowledging our work and giving us more incentive to keep writing.

HubPages is always changing and improving. Good luck on your next accolade - shouldn't be long!

7. MsDora profile image94
    MsDoraposted 11 years ago

Congratulations, Patty.  I admire your profile and your work.  Congratulations to all others who receive the accolade.

Congratulations on your 100 featured Hubs, Dora. The accolade is a nice surprise, isn't it?

8. mary615 profile image81
    mary615posted 11 years ago

I just noticed this "new" one and I am delighted that I have one, too!  Mine is for having 100 featured Hubs!  I'm proud of that.  It's another way that HubPages recognizes us for our hard work.  Thanks!

Congrats, Patty!

Congratulations to you as well, mary615! Much success to your next accomplishments!

1. incomeguru profile image95
        incomeguruposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations Patty! Having 1000 featured hubs is not all that easy to achieve, it requires a lot of commitment, and that you have demonstrated.

I've learned a lot in the last six years or they would all by UNfeatured. Thanks for you congratulations!

9. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image76
    KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 11 years ago

Congratulations Patty

I see you have an accolade for 300 featured Hubs, so congratulations to you as well! How are things in Florida, KKG? I miss writing Gal Noir stories.

10. alphagirl profile image75
    alphagirlposted 11 years ago

Hey conrgrats! Your work hard and it is is nice to be recognized by readers and peers.

Thank you, alphagirl! Congraulations on your own new accolade for featured Hubs! It IS nice to receive some recognition occasionally.

1. KoffeeKlatch Gals profile image76
        KoffeeKlatch Galsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

So do I.  It was great fun.

I second that smile

11. LuisEGonzalez profile image79
    LuisEGonzalezposted 11 years ago

I was pleasantly surprised when I saw 500 featured hubs accolade on my profile. I can only hope to one day be as prolific a writer as yourself and I often follow your work as it keeps getting better and better.
    Congratulations Ms. Inglish.

Thanks for reading my Hubs!  Your own umber of 500 Featured is very good, indeed, so congratulations! You'll have at least 1000 before you are finished.

12. profile image0
    sccansecoposted 11 years ago

Congrats Patty Inglish! What a great milestone....hope I can accomplish such a feat one day! You deserve it....love reading your Hubs!  All the best to you!

It must be wonderful to live in New Zealand and I think it must be great scenery that can spur you to write. Welcome to HubPages! I hope you'll love it enough to write 1,000!

13. tillsontitan profile image81
    tillsontitanposted 11 years ago

Wow!  Congrats Patty....now I have even more to admire about you.  I suppose I'll have to write more hubs to get to the 1,000 mark but you have provided an inspiration.

Hi tillsontitan - I am happy that this can be an inspiration for you - Your Hubs are interesting and entertaining, so it's just a matter of tie for your 1,000!

1. tillsontitan profile image81
        tillsontitanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Wow, thanks Patty, coming from you that's a great compliment!  You're my new HP idol wink

14. Thelma Alberts profile image91
    Thelma Albertsposted 11 years ago

Wow! What an achievement! Congratulations;-)

Thanks! It took a lot of time - 6  years, but it passed quickly, because I like HubPages and writing! Success to you as well!

15. WryLilt profile image88
    WryLiltposted 11 years ago

Holy moly. 1000 hubs. Wow. You're trying to beat Hal's record?

LOL smile Probably not, although over 1800 of mine are featured; the next accolade is at 2000 and I may never get there. But never say never.

Here's a bigger record - a gentleman whose name I forget has over twice the number of Hubs that Hal wrote. I wonder how many HE can write per month!

1. tillsontitan profile image81
        tillsontitanposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I love HP, I love writing, but somewhere in between I try to squeeze in my life.  God bless you and all those who have so many, many hubs!  The rest of us will just keep trying.  Featured hubs is the key here...write, read, and re-write often helps, I hope wink

Updating certainly helped a number of my Hubs! Keep writing when you can. it does take time and some days, I cannot look at a computer screen.smile

2. WryLilt profile image88
        WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Oh my! I don't know if I could do that! Well actually I could probably do it amongst LOTS of sites, but sticking to one topic and one site bores me quickly. I have a short attention span! Kudos to everyone who even passes 500!

I don't know if I could keep track of and manage a number of blogs. And the other writing sites are usually kind of confusing,. Wizzley is clear, others confuse me. smile

1. WryLilt profile image88
            WryLiltposted 11 years agoin reply to this

You have to screw up the first five blogs and then you get the hang of it wink I do agree about writing sites. Squidoo's payment system is ridiculous, Zujava is too clunky, Bukisa is too low quality...

Oh no, five full blogs SNAFU'd!  Well, I might talk myself into it. smile

16. Marcy Goodfleisch profile image83
    Marcy Goodfleischposted 11 years ago

This is so great to hear, and you deserve many accolades for being such a role model for us, Patty.  I have a long way to go for the 1,000 mark, but I did get the accolade for having more than 100. And I'm very motivated to get the next few numbers.

Congratulations.

17. Sneha Sunny profile image85
    Sneha Sunnyposted 11 years ago

Congratulations for the 1000 featured hubs! That's a great achievement. I have 25 featured. Long way to goooooooooooooo! big_smile

Thanks for the congratulations - I think your 25 is a great start. Keep writing!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)