jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (12 posts)

More money for my hubs

1. jimmythejock profile image81
    jimmythejockposted 8 years ago

Hi guys With the British pound taking a pounding on the market today It means that I am earning more money for my affiliate commisions on hubpages, where I was getting £5.00 for every $10.00 I now get around £6.40.
    Is anyone else getteing a better deal because of the state of the economy?.....jimmy

2. Marian Swift profile image61
    Marian Swiftposted 8 years ago

Not at the moment.  But I have profited during economic downturns in the past, from prices going down on something just when I needed it, for example.

Am glad it's working out for you!

3. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 8 years ago

Oh yes. Most of my earnings are in dollars and I thank the good lord that He intervened and changed the exchange rate in my favor........ big_smile

4. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Where there are winners there are an equal number of losers.

1. 59
      fun2hubposted 7 years ago in reply to this

That's right and this stage is not stable smile

5. Lissie profile image86
    Lissieposted 7 years ago

In June the A$ was at 98c US - now its 61c US and I get paid in US$ - beautiful! But on the other hand it compensates -  I just had my day job hours cut by 1/3rd !

6. ngureco profile image87
    ngurecoposted 7 years ago

Let’s hope and pray that Google adwords will continue to attract top dollars for adsense. If business is low in US, advertisement budgets will be low for adwords and by extension adsense.

1. ajcor profile image60
      ajcorposted 7 years ago in reply to this

and it is already low enough! neutral  for me anyway but for others glad it's working out - I guess it just takes time.

7. thranax profile image59
    thranaxposted 7 years ago

I wish I got more money then I am LOL.

8. AEvans profile image73
    AEvansposted 7 years ago

Jimmy, Not over here in the U.S. as our dollar is worth less then doo- doo right now.smile

9. pertibha321 profile image60
    pertibha321posted 7 years ago

I think i am getting most profit because of the country i am liveing in.I am from india so i use INR for my daily shoppings offline.You must know that 1$ =nearly 50 INr now a days thats why i am earninign 50 times more that i earn in dollar.So every doillar is valuable for me .

1. Reealjrd profile image58
      Reealjrdposted 7 years ago in reply to this

Hello pertibha,

It is true that the value of Dollar in Asian market has come down and it is benefitting the people of Asia. But be causious as the Dollar price can cme down any time.