Paul Ryan

Jump to Last Post 1-9 of 9 discussions (28 posts)
  1. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

Paul Ryan breaks into soup kitchen to pretend to be helping while washing clean dishes...What say you?

1. habee profile image91
      habeeposted 11 years agoin reply to this

I say Romney picked the wrong guy for VP. He should have chosen Hunstman. Actually, Hunstman should have been the nominee and chosen Mitt as his VP.

1. Ralph Deeds profile image63
        Ralph Deedsposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Yep. But Huntsman didn't appeal to the Tea Tards.

1. habee profile image91

I know. Sad.

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
            Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Ditto.
            Centrists of the world, unite!

tammybarnetteposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Amen...I am a dem, but I am center...Huntsman was a lot more center in 2007 than now, but still more center than the rest.

2. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

I was just about to do a thread on this.  I will post the link at the bottom.

3. Josak profile image60
      Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

At this level of cynicism you can only laugh.

2. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

Forget Ryan! The Republicans picked the wrong candidate for President. As an independent I also liked Huntsman. And Habee, I'm sorry, religion (rev wright) was used for months and still is on Obama. So, his being a morman should be fair game. Especially the idea of a living prophet speaking for GOD to the congregation and supposedly spreading God's word. Not to mention, again! Planet Kolob!

1. habee profile image91

Has Romney used Rev. Wright? I'm asking an honest question. I haven't seen/heard it from Romney, but I'm not omniscient. lol

1. profile image0
        JaxsonRaineposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Romney asked everyone to drop the issue.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/05/18/us/po … .html?_r=0

1. Josak profile image60
          Josakposted 11 years agoin reply to this

That's good of him, I am quite pleased that at least neither candidate is using the other's religion as an attack point.

3. TexasLadyJuanita profile image59
    TexasLadyJuanitaposted 11 years ago

Huge difference between Mormonism and Black Liberation Theology. Just sayin . . . I can live peacefully with the Mormon, but not with the Black Liberation Theologist. The BLT doesn't like me at all; I am a Evangelical Christian Conservative.

1. profile image0
      Sooner28posted 11 years agoin reply to this

Huh?

Are you claiming the African American is going to get you because you are Caucasian?

2. movingout profile image60
      movingoutposted 11 years agoin reply to this

Texaslady I'm not saying you can't live peaceably with a Mormon. I'm saying you might want to research my two points. Planet Kolob and the "living prophet" and their input on the Morman congregation. You might be shocked to say the least!

3. tammybarnette profile image60

Texas Lady, I believe you should read this http://carm.org/mormon-beliefs  I am also watching a show on PBS at this time that backs up the findings on this site

4. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago
  5. tammybarnette profile image60
    tammybarnetteposted 11 years ago

Habee, I agree, Huntsman should have ran....I thought this was odd so close to the actual election....My first thoughts are rookie mistake, he dropped the ball...but why didn't he just really help someone?Boggles the mind, now he looks even worse, and more aloof when it comes to the needs of the poor...

6. LiamBean profile image80
    LiamBeanposted 11 years ago

Not quite. Someone who was not aware of the facilities policies let him in. Of course he immediately tried to make a photo op of it. None of this is particularly telling.

What is telling is that his campaign staff did not get approval from the facility first. This along with the, at the very least, six songs they've used without the artists permission, is very telling. Social standards do not seem to apply to them. They seem to care not one particle for proper procedure or other's rights. Apply this to a presidential administration with similar attitudes and we have a recipe that makes Nixon's "I'm above the law." and G.W.  Bush's serial broken promises pale in comparison.

Yes, I shouldn't have said "broke in," just the TN way I talk, LOL, He was let in, but did not have permission...and as the link should show, "Did Nothing" It was actually set up to be a photo-op.

2. habee profile image91

Sorta like when the Obama campaign uses Big Bird, the AARP, and Andrea Mitchell without permission. Oh, and they edited the clip of Mitchell, leaving out the part where she fact-checked Obama's claims. Yep, she called him out on it, too - right on MSNBC.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/201 … 37799.html

MSNBC...the liberal media:)

7. movingout profile image60
    movingoutposted 11 years ago

Thats because they're running as, "entitled candidates!" lol It's apparently their birthright!

8. profile image0
    Sooner28posted 11 years ago

The North Koreans pull the same crap.

http://rt.com/usa/news/ryan-charity-kit … rgate-566/

9. Mighty Mom profile image78
    Mighty Momposted 11 years ago

You know it's bad when the director of the facility comes out and says the photos are bogus.
    The thing is, why doesn't Ryan, as a good CATHOLIC, do this type of community service work voluntarily?
    Could the answer be... he doesn't give a flying fig for the poor???
    roll

big_smile

2. habee profile image91

He's too busy campaigning. lol

1. Mighty Mom profile image78
        Mighty Momposted 11 years agoin reply to this

And running the numbers to decimate social programs while pretending that's not his goal at all.
        But, I'm told we should worry not.
        Under Romney Ryan, everyone will have a well paying job that provides health insurance and generous defined benefit retirement plans. So the need for social programs will be eliminated.
        There will be no more poverty. Everyone will be prosperous through the free market system.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)