20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses

Jump to Last Post 1-8 of 8 discussions (37 posts)
  1. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 7 years ago

20% of Donald Trump’s campaign spending goes to Trump businesses, filing says
    Donald Trump’s campaign is almost broke, and is paying an unusual amount of money to Trump-owned businesses. That’s according to the presumptive Republican presidential nominee’s FEC filing, details of which were released Monday night.
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companie … id=UE07DHP
    is this type of spending legal? hmm

1. Credence2 profile image79
      Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

Another area of contention. This is just an added nail for his coffin.

I hopes that he can remain the nominee, so I will have the pleasure of watching the GOP implode upon itself next fall.

1. wilderness profile image96
        wildernessposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, it is another nail.  Irregardless of value received, necessity, reasonableness or anything else it is another nail. 

For those that hate the man and anything conservative none of that matters except to keep it hidden and out of the discussion.  Much more profitable to sling mud, isn't it?

1. Credence2 profile image79
          Credence2posted 7 years agoin reply to this

What is the burr in your saddle, you have the same disparaging words about H. Clinton and liberals, do you not?

I don't like the guy as he presents problems from many dimensions, even the rank and file of his party are having doubts.

You don't like Hillary Clinton, why is your strong dislike any different?

Thinking back over the last few weeks of political threads in the forums, they are almost all mudslinging at Trump.  All grossly exaggerated, all out of context.  Almost none over Clinton.  The liberals are running scared and have nothing to offer but mud.

For instance, this thread could have been about why Trump paid himself for using his house - what possible reasons might there have been?  The OP could even have complained about using his own advertising agencies instead of hiring liberal ones.  But she didn't - instead crying that a man with businesses all over the country hired his own firms (and in a tiny aside, those of his extended family) to do his work for him.  There isn't a thing wrong with that, and I'd have done it myself, but it's a bucket of mud if worded just so and presented just right.

Bah!  It's politics as usual and the single biggest reason Trump has gotten as far as he has.  Are liberals incapable of learning simple facts like Americans are tired of the same old garbage?  Amazon sends me headlines and articles from the Washington Post, but I don't even open the ones about Trump any more (which is nearly half of them) - they are never anything but mud.  No news, nothing of interest...unless the reader hates Trump and wishes to read something more to vilify him.  I swear, the crap that Trump has come up with is no worse than the mountains of pure, unadulterated mud from the left that is thrown at him.  Neither side is worth anything at all.

1. profile image0
              PrettyPantherposted 7 years agoin reply to this

You are right that both sides sling mud. And we all view the mud through different lenses. One person's mud is another person's evidence of corruption.

2. profile image0

Have you looked at the FEC filing?  If anyone is surprised that Trump is using his candidacy to line his own pockets, they haven't been paying attention. 

Donald is all about Donald.  Of course, I realize that is appealing to a certain faction of the population.  I don't know what they think he plans to do when he's president. Raid the U.S. gold reserves?  I'm being facetious, but I wouldn't put it past him to try.

Why not (raid the reserves, if we have any left)?  He has a great teacher in his opponent - she stooped so low as to raid the White House for furniture!

1. profile image0

big_smile

2. colorfulone profile image77
              colorfuloneposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Yes, Hillary and Bill took something like $200,000 worth of art and funiture from the WH before they left. They had to return it, I'm not sure all was returned.  The WH is like a museum and everything in it is on record, even the items Hillary broke (witnesses say) in her fits of rage during Bill's presidency.

2. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I actually find the hypocrisy hard to believe at times , Did JFK pay for his entire campaign ? Ronald Reagan ,  Obama sure as hell didn't ,   Any of the Bush's, No . or the most part  we do ! So The Donald comes along and not only pay's his won way -  believe it or not  for liberals ; that means it isn't costing you !      There is more integrity  in that one act alone as to make this thread sound stupid!   What if it does go to his advertising ?    His  campaign organization ?   I wonder how much the Clintons have cheated the entire world out of money on campaign spending ?

Is that legal ?

1. profile image0

The vast majority of Trump's "self-financing" are loans to the campaign that will eventually be paid back.  Check it out yourself.

1. profile image0
        ahorsebackposted 7 years agoin reply to this

And so ?

You see , THIS is exactly the hypocrisy of the left ,  holding  everyone else to standards that you yourself probably don't hold yourself , nor would you hold yourselves to !     OMG , how evil he is !     The left has already made up their minds about Trump , he's all bad !   It doesn't matter what good comes from him  , it's all for sinister reasons ........How shallow !

Just like his donations to the veterans ?

1. profile image0

Presumably with interest.

3. profile image0
    PrettyPantherposted 7 years ago

I just realized you added to your post after I replied. Taking lessons from colorfulone?

I don't think Trump is evil to loan his own money to his own campaign, but I do think it's questionable to call that "self-financing" when the money will be paid back with interest.

1. profile image0

And what about the Clinton Foundation Campaign funds  , will that get paid back too Pretty Panther ?

4. colorfulone profile image77
    colorfuloneposted 7 years ago

Has anyone ever noticed they HubPages gives us 4 Hours to edit our posts?  Nothing wrong with that! 

I think that is cool

1. profile image0

Takes me an hour to type !

"What difference , At this point , does it make "!.........:-}

2. profile image0

Nothing wrong with it as long as someone has not already replied. After that, the polite (and honest) thing to do would be to create another post. Otherwise, it appears as though we have replied to your post in its entirety when in fact you have grown it from a couple of lines to several paragraphs since our reply. Rude at best.

1. profile image0

That is so  childish !    Some people may either not type as fast or  have  a internet connection speed  variable . Where we live internet coverage varies like crazy .........what's missing for you P.P.. the shock factor?   I , for one , am two fingers at  typing , I suggest you get used to it , don't have a coronary .

God , I'm sorry , that sounds like one of your posts !

1. profile image0

Lol, I really don't have a problem with you coming back very soon and editing your post. Colorfulone takes the 4 hour limit quite seriously. I've seen her posts grow from one sentence to several paragraphs over several hours long after it has been replied to.

Edited to add:  Yes, it's a small thing but so is burping at the dinner table, and it's still rude.

2. colorfulone profile image77

That was good, you are a smart person. Its pointless to even try to explain when someone has a mind set.  Someone persuaded against their own mind is of the same opinion still.  I don't usually waste my time, because its easier to let people think whatever they want...until they think something else. 

What difference does it make?  smile

1. gmwilliams profile image84
            gmwilliamsposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Another statement of Ms. Hillary.

1. colorfulone profile image77

After that, Hillary, had the never to say we didn't lose a person in Libya.  She failed to mention the four Americans that she left to die in Benghazi, Libya. 

But, according to her, it didn't make any difference.  Cold blooded biCH!

5. profile image0
    ahorsebackposted 7 years ago

I don't think America should elect anyone for president in 2016   ----we should remain "single " until we find ourselves !..............:-}

I am a happy single!  smile  So, that sounds great to me. 

I learned to be my own best friend.
      We can only love our neighbors, as we love ourselves.

6. colorfulone profile image77

Or, just edit you own post and don't worry, be happy!  smile 

I think its rude of you to gossip about someone who wasn't even on a thread, like its a crime to edit your own post ... when you clearly have
    4-Hours to do so.  cool 

I think you protest too much...Be Happy! 
    ADDED:
    I forgive you.  I love my liberty.

1. profile image0

Lol, you are truly a a unique person. I didn't say it was a crime, I said it was rude, and I know I'm not the only one who feels that way because I've seen at least one other person comment about it.

P.S. "Gossip" implies rumors or innuendo about a person that may or may not be true. I merely asked a question.

1. Live to Learn profile image60
        Live to Learnposted 7 years agoin reply to this

Had to interject. I agree. It is rude to add significantly to a post. I've seen posts change so much through editing that it makes the reply seem extremely odd and off base. I've always assumed those who do that did it on purpose. I've learned that, when a situation like that was likely, it is best to import the quote and then respond. That way, what I am responding to remains unchanged.

1. profile image0

Good idea, and something I will start doing with the lone offender.

7. colorfulone profile image77

innuendo -  an allusive or oblique remark or hint, typically a suggestive or disparaging one.

synonyms:    insinuation, suggestion, intimation, implication, hint, overtone, undertone, allusion, reference

"she's always making sly innuendoes"

"Gossip" implies rumors or innuendo about a person that may or may not be true. I merely asked a question." - PrettyPanther

Great way to hijack a thread...now that is rude...I'm just defending myself here. 

EDITED:  I am at liberty (allowed or entitled to do something) to edit my post whenever I feel the need to do so.  It makes me happy!

1. profile image0

Yes you are. That doesn't make it any less rude.

My comment was one sentence in a post that was on topic. I didn't hijack this thread.

"My comment was one sentence in a post that was on topic. I didn't hijack this thread."

http://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/13069562.jpg

Sure it was on topic!  roll  "innuendo"

1. profile image0

Some people have the entire mentality for .............Oh perhaps twitter ?

1. profile image0

You mean like your buddy, Trump? big_smile

A joke, folks.

2. profile image0

Yes, one sentence out of a post that was on topic. Of course, you omitted the rest of the post in your screen capture.

8. colorfulone profile image77

One sentence as you said. pp. Are you arguing with yourself?..because I don't see an argument about "one sentence" as you said...except, it was off topic, ... and "innuendo" as you said.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)