jump to last post 1-14 of 14 discussions (46 posts)

Racism- The Tool Of The Left To Maintain Power

1. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

It's so obvious it's almost laughable, especially when the racist card is played on the Tea Party. This is the political strategy of the left, to use racism to their advantage. The left will never recognize the progress of minorities, in fact they will work behind the scenes to prevent it just so they can always have this tool in their toolbox. It's disgusting!

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 … 25154.html

1. Ralph Deeds profile image71
      Ralph Deedsposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Black is white, up is down, black racism is the problem. Surely you don't believe that.

1. profile image0
        Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

The article points out that the left promotes the idea that America is a racist country, that the republicans are racists, in order to garner the minority vote, without which they wouldn't be able to hold onto power. It isn't about black racism, it's about the left using racism as a tool, promoting the idea that republicans, and the Tea Party, and conservatives are racists to get votes for themselves. What can be more racist than that?

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
          PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I have no doubt that some in the left use racism in America, and particularly racism among Tea Party members and Republicans, as a way to encourage those who care about racism to vote Democratic.  That is not racist; that is simply highlighting one significant difference between the two parties so that people can make an informed decision about who they want to represent them.

1. profile image0

So you think the republicans and the Tea Party are all racists?

Than you've been played by the dems.

They aren't just using racism, they are promoting the idea that it exists in greater proportion than it actually does and discounting the progress minorities have made in this country, even the obvious, that we have a black president, which we wouldn't have if whites didn't vote FOR him!

1. PrettyPanther profile image85
              PrettyPantherposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, I don't think the republicans and Tea Party are ALL racists.  However, I do believe that racists gravitate to the Tea Party and the Republican Party more so than the Democratic Party.  This has repeatedly been shown to be true through numerous polls and studies.  It is a fact, Poppa.

Yes, we have a black president, which has brought out the worst in the conservative base, who will go so far as to deny that he is an American citizen and accuse him of being a Muslim (to them, Muslim = bad) in order to discredit him.  Besides, do you think it was Republican whites who voted for Obama?  lol

1. profile image0

Please point me to a study that supports your claim. I don't buy it!

2. Sab Oh profile image60
            Sab Ohposted 6 years ago in reply to this

"I have no doubt that the left use racism in America"

Gee, ya think?

2. Uninvited Writer profile image82
    Uninvited Writerposted 6 years ago

No, racism does not exist. Ask the interracial couple who are on my TV right now who had a cross burned on their lawn and then had their car set on fire.

1. profile image0

Who said it doesn't exist? I'm sure it does and it will always. You can't eliminate hate with legislation, but to promote the prevalence of racism in order to gain political advantage does nothing to end racism, and does everything to maintain it.

Yeah, who here has even suggested that racism doesn't exist?

3. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 6 years ago

Paranoia is the tool of the right.

1. profile image0

Who's paranoid? Can't you even consider the premise a possibility? Think about it.

More hypocrisy from the left

4. Doug Hughes profile image61
    Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago

Teabaggers don't want to be identified as providing a political sanctuary for racists - but they won't discourage it either.

1. profile image0

No one here uses that tool better than you.

5. Reality Bytes profile image93
    Reality Bytesposted 6 years ago

Racism will end with the rise of the central state. Once power is unified we will use selective abortion combined with sterilization of undesirables to purify the DNA code of humanity.
    Race will not play a part in the selection just the quality of DNA.  There will be a license issued to breeders to keep population from rising above the preset level.  Any unlicensed conception will be aborted with repeat violations resulting in sterilization.  The state will then take custody of newborns to be raised by government care workers to provide a good environment with proper nutrition and the correct programming.
    Race will not even be a consideration once our plan is fully implemented globally.

1. William R. Wilson profile image60
      William R. Wilsonposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Hahaha!  There's your answer, Poppa!

6. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

Sorry Poppa, but you are completely lost.

7. William R. Wilson profile image60
    William R. Wilsonposted 6 years ago

Who's racist? 

Many conservatives think Obama is a Muslim.

Conservatives want to seal the borders against Latino migrant workers.

Conservatives are against rich white people being taxed to help poor and minority people.

Conservatives used a fraudulent video to destroy ACORN, which was an advocacy group that registered millions of minority voters. 

White conservatives have no understanding of white privilege and think that black anger about slavery and civil rights somehow equals centuries of white dominance and oppression.

1. Sab Oh profile image60

"Who's racist?"

You ask, but I wonder if you really want to know or if it is just an excuse to repeat your poltical bias again. 

"Many conservatives think Obama is a Muslim."

Most do not, and "Muslim" is not a race, professor.

"Conservatives want to seal the borders against Latino migrant workers."

No, they want to control the borders to stop illegal immigration.

"Conservatives are against rich white people being taxed to help poor and minority people."

That is not true, and again not about race aside from the racist element YOU inserted into the statement, which says a lot about you.

"Conservatives used a fraudulent video to destroy ACORN, which was an advocacy group that registered millions of minority voters. "

ACORN is still lurking in the grass. They are an unbelievably corrupt organization that violated US election laws

"White conservatives have no understanding of white privilege and think that black anger about slavery and civil rights somehow equals centuries of white dominance and oppression."

Now THAT is a racist statement, not to mention illogical and presumptuous.

1. lovemychris profile image79
        lovemychrisposted 6 years ago in reply to this

I can think of a whole administration that was unbelievably corrupt and violated tons of US laws.
        They still walk the streets, give speeches, get cheered, make mony, live free.
        Meanwhile, ACORN got the boot.
        And just who was it made all the fuss? That's right...same guy who got rid of Van Jones...same guy who says Obam hates white peopel.
        And what company owns his show?
        And we now have many many more such idiotic games coming down the pike...thanks to the ideologically motivated, activist Supreme Court.
        Not my words....Arlen Specter's! Pro-right activist court. uh oh...guess acorn is just a little tempest in a teapot. The REAL sharks are still swimming!

1. lovemychris profile image79

Corporatism vs. Democracy in America
          January 23, 2010

2. profile image0

If anyone thinks Obama is Muslim, they are uninformed or perhaps confused by his Muslim name.

Conservative want to seal the borders from all illegal entry. It's a matter of security, it's not just aimed at Mexicans. There's a northern border too, but the left likes to point to the illegal Mexican problems and make the issue about race, and your post supports that point, it helps them gain the Latin vote and maintain their power.

Conservatives are against the redistribution of wealth, of the government being the middle man in a transaction of conscience. It doesn't matter what color you are, again you threw in the "white" label to make the issue a race issue further providing support for the article's contention.

You call it fraudulent video, but the video speaks for itself, and those people were fired. There have been many convictions of ACORN workers involved in corruption and voter fraud. They certainly haven't been destroyed either, they just changed their name.

I'm white and I'm certainly not privileged and I had no idea blacks are angry, at least none of the ones I know are.

and just why do they think being a Muslim is a bad thing?

Oh.  Well, I wonder why I never see any armed "Minutemen" guarding the Canadian border?

Minorities are disproportionately poor in this country and face many more barriers to advancement than whites.

The video was certainly fraudulent, deceitful, illegal, and heavily edited.

have you ever been pulled over and not been sure if it was because of your race?  Have you ever been watched closely or followed in a store and wondered if it was because of your race? If you are not privileged b/c of your race, your parents most likely were, and that privilege has been passed down to you in ways you might not see immediately. 

Heh.

1. profile image0

Haha!  Sometimes you impress me Poppa!

1. profile image0

Ah! That's good, you're beginning to see the light! smile

"and just why do they think being a Muslim is a bad thing?"

Who is "they"?

"Oh.  Well, I wonder why I never see any armed "Minutemen" guarding the Canadian border?"

If you think real hard you just might be able to figure that one out, professor.  roll

"Minorities are disproportionately poor in this country and face many more barriers to advancement than whites."

Exactly the way the democrats need them to be.

"The video was certainly fraudulent, deceitful, illegal, and heavily edited."

Bull. Those criminals and others in the organization were caught in the act whether you like it or not.

"have you ever been pulled over and not been sure if it was because of your race?  Have you ever been watched closely or followed in a store and wondered if it was because of your race?"

Sure.

" If you are not privileged b/c of your race, your parents most likely were, and that privilege has been passed down to you in ways you might not see immediately." 

Oh, thank goodness for enlightened liberals to point out these complex concepts for the ignorant masses. Typical liberal attitude...  roll

2. lovemychris profile image79

Head of the tea party express-Mark Williams- says Obama is an Indonesian Muslim...he meeds to be informed I guess, or stop saying it.
        Organizer of event here in Boston allegedly said Obama's election was "just another black family on gvt. housing".
        She needs to be vetted.
        Clean your house conservatives, because they are dirtying you image!

Maybe we need a party to oppose the Tea Party!!!

1. profile image0

Would I be racist if I found humor in that Obama joke?

There is already an opposing party, the astro turf "coffee party".

I think it's a good fit for you, but you'll have to tone down your anger.

1. Sab Oh profile image60

That'll work out about as well as Air America did.

3. Padrino profile image60
      Padrinoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Who's racist? *** Lots of people Liberals and Conservatives.

Many conservatives think Obama is a Muslim.

*** Many liberals believe Obama is the Messiah.

Conservatives want to seal the borders against Latino migrant workers.

*** They want to keep illegal immigrants out of the US.

Conservatives are against rich white people being taxed to help poor and minority people.

*** You got that right!

Conservatives used a fraudulent video to destroy ACORN, which was an advocacy group that registered millions of minority voters.

*** No they didn't use fraudulent video! What exactly is a fraudulent video? Is that a video that shows ACORN wanting to help a pimp set up a brothel for underage girls to be exploited? So when caught in a crime the defense is its a fraudulent video?

White conservatives have no understanding of white privilege and think that black anger about slavery and civil rights somehow equals centuries of white dominance and oppression.

*** White privilege, you mean I could have received all that I have simply because I'm white, I didn't have to put in all those long hours of work? Damn it! Why are Blacks in this country mad about slavery? None of them have been slaves, maybe you mean they are angry about the slavery that exists in other parts of the world, good thing they live in the US.

8. Will Apse profile image91
    Will Apseposted 6 years ago

Using racism? You mean some people might not join the Tea Party if they think it is racist? Sounds too good to be true.

9. Origin profile image59
    Originposted 6 years ago

If it's not racism, then it's something else. Human beings by nature seem to find "something" and be against it. I'll give you an example, let's say for example that every single human on the planet had the same skin tone, there was no different color. People would start grouping by hair and eye color, and etc. That make sense? The green eyed are superior to the blue eyed, the fair colored hair superior to the dark haired, etc.

1. pisean282311 profile image60
      pisean282311posted 6 years ago in reply to this

very true ...

10. profile image0
    Poppa Bluesposted 6 years ago

A little history of the democrat and republican party will provide some insight into who the REAL racists are!

http://www.sodahead.com/united-states/a … og-302757/

1. Doug Hughes profile image61
      Doug Hughesposted 6 years ago in reply to this

That history didn't quite cover how Ronald Reagan capitalized on the discontent of racist Democrats (furious about how democrats were using federal power to break the segreagated South) in  and turned them into Republicans, which shifted the entire political map.

Forgot that part?

11. Greek One profile image78
    Greek Oneposted 6 years ago

You know he was thinking ".. I  brought Sarah on board so she would attract the wingnuts to her rallies and leave mine alone...:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRq6Y4NmB6U

12. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 6 years ago

I've heard of the coffee parties too.
    Rather unoriginal idea reverse-copied after the Tea Parties...

13. getitrite profile image81
    getitriteposted 6 years ago

Another ridiculous cleverly disguised hateful thread from the bitter fringe.

1. profile image0

Looks like getitrite gotitwrong.

1. getitrite profile image81
        getitriteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

Oh yeah.  I've noticed in your threads that you keep pounding this anti-left, anti-Obama agenda.  Not that I'm a fan of the left or Obama, but enough is enough!

2. Padrino profile image60
      Padrinoposted 6 years ago in reply to this

No, this is coming from the right, but anyone could make a mistake.

1. getitrite profile image81
        getitriteposted 6 years ago in reply to this

You are so clever!  Gotta go now. See ya.

14. Lady_E profile image80
    Lady_Eposted 6 years ago

Much respect to you Poppa, but I don't know why you're even giving that 'R' word - the time of day...

Best Wishes.

working