jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (27 posts)

Three's a Crowd

1. aefrancisco profile image61
    aefranciscoposted 5 years ago

A guy just broke up with his girlfriend for five years. Along the way, he meet a girl who's so bubbly that he courted her. Luckily, the girl also liked him. And these two individuals had loved each other for a month. When the ex have learned about the new love of his former boyfriend. The ex told the guy that he still love him. The guy is so confused. Who should he choose - the past, whom he spent almost 5 years? or the present - whom he just meet for a month?

1. rosaliee03 profile image59
      rosaliee03posted 5 years ago in reply to this

the ex is probably just jealous, seeing as the man just got into a new relationship. as hard as it sounds, the man probably shouldn't be in either relationship. if he can't completely give himself to either woman, he has no business being in a relationship at all. and remember, break ups don't just "happen". there is always a reason

2. 0
      lavender3957posted 5 years ago in reply to this

I was told to always follow your heart. What ever choice this person makes will be a choice of the happiness to what they want in their lives.

2. aefrancisco profile image61

Rosaliee03, so he must both let go of the two ladies? what if, both of the girl want him? really want him and love him? and both cannot afford to loss him?

1. 0
      Emile Rposted 5 years ago in reply to this

In that situation, the gentleman needs to reign in his ego. No one is so wonderful that you can't live without them.

I somewhat agree with aefrancisco. The guy doesn't need to be in a relationship with either.

3. aefrancisco profile image61

do not know ... he must make a choice ... thats all I know , so the precious time would not be wasted ...

4. Disappearinghead profile image88
    Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago

For the time being trying to work out who he should be with may not be worth the hasstle. He should just spend a few months with his mates and having a laugh over a few beers. His mates should be able to talk some sense into him. Romance comes and goes but mates are supposed to last a lifetime. Besides which there are plenty more fish in the sea.

1. aefrancisco profile image61
      aefranciscoposted 5 years ago in reply to this

and what should his past and present do ?

1. Disappearinghead profile image88
        Disappearingheadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Just let them go. If they are going to starting fighting over him then that's a whole load of grief he doesn't need to put up with.

5. Escobana profile image88
    Escobanaposted 5 years ago

If a guy breaks up with his girlfriend....it's over.

Once it's over, it's done. I'm a strong believer of breaking up and keeping it that way. Whatever the reasons, it's over and time for a new chapter.

6. aefrancisco profile image61

@escobana ... just like a mirror ... that cannot be returned once broken .....

1. Cardisa profile image89
      Cardisaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

It's obvious the guy doesn't know what he wants. He hasn't gotten over his ex, or this wouldn't be a problem. 

He needs to give both relationships a break to figure out what he really wants.

2. Escobana profile image88
      Escobanaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

@ Aefrancisco....You're so right! Broken is broken!

7. Randy Godwin profile image93
    Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago

Why not simply allow the guy to decide for himself?  smile

1. Escobana profile image88
      Escobanaposted 5 years ago in reply to this

'We allow' the guy to decide for himself after having read our insightful comments....if he wants to be adviced in whatever kind of a way:-)

Answers to questions can be so fun. You learn and you decide whatever you like....all on your own:-)

2. RedElf profile image86
      RedElfposted 5 years ago in reply to this

because that's far too simple big_smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image93
        Randy Godwinposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Only if you think like a girl, RE!  smile

8. 0
    klarawieckposted 5 years ago

The present is constantly shifting and changing.. the past, you can't change if you want. Relationships need time to be defined. A month is not enough time to know if love is real.

Wow!  I've never read the rules on love before, Klara!  What is the least amount of time for one to discover whether love is real or not?  I mean by the book and all?  smile

1. 0
        klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Enough time to satisfy the curiosity and lust produced by the original attraction. If you survive past that time and still wake up and feel something strong, the glue that holds you together, then you can be sure you are in love. I've been in lust plenty of times and a couple of times in love. I should know the difference.

One cannot do all of that in less than a month?

Never tried glue before!  Kinky!  Which works the best, Elmer's or superglue?smile

1. 0
            klarawieckposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Hey little snake... I use crazyglue! lol

It usually takes six months for lust to become "oh! That!" And then you move on.

Six months?  Some marriages don't last that long!  lol

9. ubanichijioke profile image48
    ubanichijiokeposted 5 years ago

For me, i will move on with my life and love the person i ve found instead of dwelling in the 'before'
    thanks

1. HattieMattieMae profile image68
      HattieMattieMaeposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Always follow your heart, what does your heart tell you about the new woman, and what does it speak of the other one. You know the answer and it is found within your own heart. I've been in this place myself. It's easy to give people advice. The only suggestion that would really make a difference is if their is more darkness and pain for most of the relationship, and feels like you are drowning, it's time to move on from any woman that makes you feel less of a man than a whole man.

You're talking about hairy women, right?  smile

10. aefrancisco profile image61

@HattieMattieMae
    can you please elaborate your statement ... "it's time to move on from any woman that makes you feel less of a man than a whole man." thank you smile

working