jump to last post 1-2 of 2 discussions (6 posts)

The Pope is the Antichrist

1. Emmanuel Marosi profile image76
    Emmanuel Marosiposted 3 years ago

The papacy is the much anticipated Antichrist. According to Ellen G. White and the Seventh Day Adventists, the Pope is the Antichrist. It does not refer to the person occupying the pope's office, it is the Pope's Seat and Office. The antichrist claim is based on the title of the pople "VICARVS FILII DEI" meaning "The representative of the son of God".

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 3 years ago in reply to this

I'd suggest doing your own research into Daniel and Revelation before spouting information that you got from a "prophet" who died nearly a century ago.

1. Emmanuel Marosi profile image76
        Emmanuel Marosiposted 3 years ago in reply to this

i read it many times. what many preachers fail to tell us is the real meaning of those prophesies. but in a sense the prophecies point to the pope.

2. Disappearinghead profile image87
      Disappearingheadposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Highly unlikely as John gives us the definition of an anti-christ as anyone who denies that Jesus is the Christ and has come in the flesh. That is effectively all Jews, Muslims, atheists, Buddhists, etc, etc. A central Catholic Church doctrine is that Jesus is the Christ therefore the Pope cannot be the antichrist by definition.

There is no antichrist mentioned in Revelation unless someone chooses to personally interpret the beast or false prophet as being antichrists. However, if we were to interview one of these characters on record, I somehow doubt they would deny who Jesus was, therefore by John's definition, they would not be antichrists.

3. A Troubled Man profile image61
      A Troubled Manposted 3 years ago in reply to this

Of course, believers will fight amongst each other, spitting venom and calling names because they can't agree on their beliefs. They give contradiction and hypocrisy more evidence and examples than one could shake a stick at.

2. ComteCagliostro profile image61
    ComteCagliostroposted 3 years ago

Pope Francis is a future saint, 2164 is the time when we should be worrying about messiahs and antichrists visiting. The procession of aeons, the age of aquarius, you know the routine. However, if the mathematics are off and this really is 2163 not 2013, my money would be on Bob Dylan as the anti-christ.