What if the world does not end?

Jump to Last Post 51-66 of 66 discussions (261 posts)
  1. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

All the Prphets and Prophesies are listed on this site and there is lots of information about many such end time prophesies included the one by the Pope:

http://www.crystalinks.com/prophecies.html

2. lxxy profile image61
    lxxyposted 14 years ago

I dunno about you, but I'm pretty sure we know when the world ends...it's when that bright lightbulb in the sky goes *POOF!* ....just grab your suntan lotion on that day, for sure.

As far as that, then, when will Humanity end? I doubt ever, if you're good and get along. big_smile

1. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Or some cosmic collision.  I think humanity would need an end because it doesn't seem like all will ever just get along.  Though we could totally go hard knox and throw down weapons and do it the old fashioned way, it could buy some time. big_smile

*ding, ding* smile

3. frans240 profile image59
    frans240posted 14 years ago

Welll.. I have been reading most of the posts on this topic in here and this being my first ever post in the HUB forum I will try make my own contribution here.....

The 2012 date and ending of the Mayan Calender could be taken symbolically. Most of the scriptures talk about the end of Ages which, to me and many others, has to do with astrology. Age of Piches has come to an end, age of Aquirias follows. Just watch the Zeitgeist movie and try to deal with facts instead of interpretations.

I respect anyone's believe whatever they believe in.. but do not try to convince me I am wrong or treat me different compared to how you treat a person who does follow the same religion ..

Most of the time people are in denial of their true self and as long as people around the world rather follow doctrines of religious, economic or politic systems which are all based on CONTROL instead of accepting the uniqueness of each individual, there will always be devision ...

why does someone has to Godfearing?  can anyone here explain this to me>? To me a God should be all LOVE unconditional love, and not feared.. heck most of the blood shed in this world throughout the centuries has come from christians, and this is still going on in Irag and Afghanistan today...

Well I did my saying... and asked a question... time to start JUDGING me ...hehe

1. noonatyuma profile image56
      noonatyumaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Catholics caused the bloodshed you speak of get your facts straight. There is a difference.

1. frans240 profile image59
        frans240posted 14 years agoin reply to this

.so In the NAME of god we persue those who are a threat to us and wage war (profit) on them.. so  ughhhh 2nd world war (funded by grandaddy bush) costs HOW many lives..and then Vietnam, korea, Iraq (at least 500.000 children died since the restrictions after the gulf war)...c'mon you are probably in denial... . whether it is done in the name of...the forces behind it the one's who fund the movements and the religions are no more christian, catholic or islamic then me..actually they are worshipping an Owl called Molog!! big_smilebig_smilebig_smilebig_smile

Here is some food for thought..

In American Fascists, Chris Hedges, veteran journalist and author of the National Book Award finalist War Is a Force That Gives Us Meaning, challenges the Christian Right's religious legitimacy and argues that at its core it is a mass movement fueled by unbridled nationalism and a hatred for the open society.

Hedges, who grew up in rural parishes in upstate New York where his father was a Presbyterian pastor, attacks the movement as someone steeped in the Bible and Christian tradition. He points to the hundreds of senators and members of Congress who have earned between 80 and 100 percent approval ratings from the three most influential Christian Right advocacy groups as one of many signs that the movement is burrowing deep inside the American government to subvert it. The movement's call to dismantle the wall between church and state and the intolerance it preaches against all who do not conform to its warped vision of a Christian America are pumped into tens of millions of American homes through Christian television and radio stations, as well as reinforced through the curriculum in Christian schools. The movement's yearning for apocalyptic violence and its assault on dispassionate, intellectual inquiry are laying the foundation for a new, frightening America

These thirteen essays, organized under the headings of Christianity and War, The Evils of War, Specific Wars, and The U.S. Global Empire, have one underlying theme: opposition to the warfare state that robs us of our money, our liberty, and in some cases our life. Although many of these essays reference contemporary events, the principles discussed in all of them are timeless: war, militarism, empire, interventionism, the warfare state, and the Christian attitude toward these things. It is the author’s contention that Christian enthusiasm for the state, its wars, and its politicians is an affront to the Saviour, contrary to Scripture, and a demonstration of the profound ignorance many Christians have of history.

1. noonatyuma profile image56
          noonatyumaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Since you're so good with copy paste do some reasearch on The Crusades

For what reason?? ..just to show the score of bloodshed was won by a mojority of catholics?? c'mon...still not counting the millions that were sacrificied in the 20th and the 21st century? are all the presidents catholic? or christian (pegan? sun worshippers..oeps sorry SON worshippers smile

But we are going of off the subject....

The world as we know it WILL END!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            the cracks are already showing!!
            x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x0x
            It is the spiritual awakening of humanity the transition that will take place and 2012 is the year..yeah yeah ..

Lady Guinevereposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's the fall of the God named MONEY!  Don't go telling me they don't worship that with all their big egos and chruches and the auto and the banks and the governments who go to war for MONEY!

I think it is more then that..its too easy to think that that is it! To some degree it is and if you are familiar with researchers like David Icke it is more about the control!!
                He was talking about microchipping people back in the 90's and they called him a nut... but so far almost all of his predictions have come true!  including ways to first scare people (losing track of your child) and then offer the solution by suggesting to implant a chip..so you always know where he or she is...anyway the EVIL forces just have everything backwards EVIL=LIVE..)

hhmmmmm yeah.  It's about control.

2. Lady Guinevere profile image66

They only see it as they won souls for God, only if God made us and he calls us then there is no need to win anything for him.

He/she is all unconditional love.  People love to put conditions on anything they can get their minds on.

3. B.Z. Alixandre profile image67
        B.Z. Alixandreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow...okay...for someone who is using history as an argument, you didn't go far enough.  In either direction.  I admit that Catholocism has made many many many bad and ultimately lethal decisions and the Crusades and Inquisition were among the bloodiest.  But Catholics did not "cause the bloodshed" any more than my generation "caused" global warming.  It happened before the Catholics and it continues after the Catholics lost control of the world religion.   Catholocism didn't become officially a religion for approximately 300 years after the resurrection of Christ--about the time of the cannonization of the bible, so most modern Christians follow a Catholic bible.  The Christians were all about "cleansing" long before the Catholics set up shop.  (And yes, I know one of the apostles was called the first Pope; the terminology was adopted by the Catholics, Christianity didn't begin with them).  The Protestants had a Bloody Stint during the Reign of Queen Elizabeth I, and the Puritans were responsible for the Salem witch trials, promotion of slavery, and persecution of the Native Americans.  And that's just talking about Christians.  It doesn't discuss Judaism or Islam, both of which believe in the same God as Christians, and therefore fight for the same God (Call him J'weh, Allah, what have you, they're based on the concept of genesis and the descendents of Abraham).  And it doesn't discuss non Judeo-Christian religions--although most of the modern religions are peaceful, and many of the ancient ones such as Budhism and Hinduism are peaceful as well. 

I don't defend the atrocities of my religion, there is no excuse.  But do not lay on one groups shoulders the faults of an ENTIRE belief system!  And if you want to talk about useless blood shed, multitudes of hate crimes are committed by ALL Christians.  But sure, blame the pope.  After all, numerology says he must be the anti-christ.  What happened to tolerance and independent thinking, both of which were given to us by God.

4. natura profile image59
    naturaposted 14 years ago

It will not end. However the worlds of many humans end every second as we speak.

Get real please. No world will end. None. It's all bullshit. It's a fabrication. THe world ticks on. They are just testing people like you.

5. Pete Maida profile image59
    Pete Maidaposted 14 years ago

The 2012 date comes from several origins.  The Mayan calendar runs out in 2012 and it is also related to some time markings in the pyrimands.  There is another reason for 2012 hype.  There is a moive called 2012 by Sony Pictures that will be out soon.  Do you think the movie studio may be cranking up the hype a bit?

6. Eaglekiwi profile image74
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

If the world does not end.....
    I have seriously run out of eggs smile

7. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

If you love Heavenly Father and you love your neighbor, the world ending, no matter when it happens, will be a winning out come for you! Peace.

You mean the one God that flies around in Alien Aircraft?

8. Lady Guinevere profile image66
    Lady Guinevereposted 14 years ago

So you also hide behind Religion and all those groups as such.  Please take the time to read my latest hub on this:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/WHAT-ARE-YOU-GO … O-ABOUT-IT

1. B.Z. Alixandre profile image67
      B.Z. Alixandreposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I'm not sure if that was directed to me or not, but if it was, then no.  I don't believe in the Bible as an accurate history, I believe in science.  I don't follow an established religion except as ancestral obligation.  I don't hide behind anything except possibly sarcasm, which was what comment intended to impart.  The reason that I don't believe in religion is because it corrupts the concept of tolerance and independent thinking.  If the comment wasn't directed at me, then forgive my sensitivity.  I am loathe to be mistaken as a bible thumper.

I looked back and I don't remember who it was directed too. 

As far as my link, it appears that no one actually took the time to go and read it.  If you did you would understand why I posted it here.  Anyone know what ASSUME means?  It is ASS out of   U  and     ME.  Go read the link I posted please.

9. spiderpam profile image73
    spiderpamposted 14 years ago

I wrote on two subjects that seem relavant to the direction of this forum, I hope. Have a great Sunday all.

http://hubpages.com/hub/Religion-vs-God
    http://hubpages.com/hub/The-Bible-has-m … ning-today

Just more mind dribble about not taking self responsibility for your own actions......

People WAKE UP!

1. tksensei profile image59
        tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That's right up there with phrases like "trust me" and "everyone knows" that should be taken with a mountain of salt.

What is wrong with you?  You come into the Hubpages and spread all kinds of ill-will and tell every single person they are wrong and start calling names becasue you are not getting what you want but nothing satisfies you.  Then you make threats and all kinds of childish behavior. You truly are making yourself look like a troll.

1. tksensei profile image59
            tksenseiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have made no threats and call only those names that are supported by the words posted here.

"People WAKE UP" is just another way of saying "listen to me you dopes because I cannot possibly be wrong!" Don't you think that sort of thing ought be taken with a huge lump of salt?

2. Sufidreamer profile image78
            Sufidreamerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

He is a particularly nasty and insidious troll, LG. He was out-trolled last night. Read this thread - it is well worth a laugh.

http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/15688?page=5

Other than that, don't bother responding to his snide comments - starve it of attention smile

I read two pages of his rhetorical childishness and had to stop.  It was soooo boring.  It was my intent to say what was on my mind and then leave the whole conversation before it got way too polluted with his immaturity.  I just don't have the patence for this type of display.

10. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

The thread was good fun, though - nice to see a little Hubber unity smile

Yeah, "We get a little help from our friends".  tongue

2. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I noticed the mob mentality over there Sufi.  They must be proud of themselves.

11. Sufidreamer profile image78
    Sufidreamerposted 14 years ago

True - it is sometimes welcome.

How is your veg patch coming along? We were out doing a little gardening today - it quickly gets out of hand.

I got some broccoli already and have it in bags frozen.  There are side shoots, but nothing really to eat.  It may go into the compost bin in a week or so if there isn't anything else to get off it.  The two cauliflowers.  I did get two heads, but they don't seem to want to put out anything else.  They were a trial thing this year and won't be brought into the garden next year.  The brussel sproats are forming new buds so it wil be a while before I get anything from them.  No use taking pictures of plants that look just about the same as they did three weeks ago.  I have some flowers on the tomatoes this year!  Whooo hooo!!  I have lots of herbs and I know that I will lose them come winter because I don't have an indoor space to keep them in until next year.  I need someone to tell me how to dry them and put them up or keep them growing until next spring.  I have a Stevia plant, but that doesn't seem like it is doing too well here.  The grass is doing real well though!  Each time it rains it looks like my husband never cuts the grass and it is a running joke between us! LOL  We planted Perennial (sp) Rye and it seems to like this poor soil and spotty shade.  It is so rial and error here with one season something loves it and the next it doesn't do well at all.
      Thanks for asking!

1. Sufidreamer profile image78

We know that feeling - it is a completely different climate here. You can start planting in January, but most of the plants 'hibernate' for the summer. We then have another growing season in the Fall, where we can usually get a second crop. Winter is for picking the olives! smile

Good to have herbs - freshen up any meal!

I have Garlic and Onion Chives and just love to go cut some and chop it up on my baked potatoe--nothing like it!

Po po - that is one of my favourites, too, especially with a little cream cheese. It is difficult to buy chives here, so we brought some seeds across. It is doing well!

no-no Sour Cream and chives and butter--a heart attack in the making, but it is sooo good!  Oh sometimes I add grated Cheddar cheese to it and broccoli--the small stems.

lol - a little cheddar is good, but they only have the mild stuff here, and it is expensive. Mind you, a little strong feta is sometimes nice - as moposan says, Greeks like to eat well! big_smile

1. moposan profile image56
                  moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

exactly

I will have to try the feta, it is expensoive here though.  All the trade in the world that has been going on like forever and cheese is in only certain places and not others!  Amazing!

2. moposan profile image56
              moposanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I can say for sure Greeks eat well

12. moposan profile image56
    moposanposted 14 years ago

no end no beggining

That is what Jesus said as in him being the beginning and ending and that the world will never end.  Why do you suppose they ignore that part?  Is it becasue they only focus on the fear of losing something--something they never had it the first place?  Seriously why do they choose to focus on bad,  When you focus on the bad you will also get bad back.  Don't they understand that concept?

13. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

This is the point.

"Finally nowhere in the Bible does it speak of the world ending."

Then why all the hullabaloo that it will go in flames and that all those who are not saved by then will either go to hell or the googy goodies will go to heaven and the earth will be no more?  That is my point!

AND the Pope believes it too!

14. Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

I'm not going to discuss it with you because we have been through it all before, but you didn't want to listen to it then either.  So it's all in the Bible if you want to learn about it.  One thing I will say is that a practicing Christian does not fear satan or hell and the world will not end.

Sorry Mike, I already stated the scripture you just used many times before in these forums.  Seems to me someone isn't listening to me.

1. chukra G profile image59
        chukra Gposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"One thing I will say is that a practicing Christian does not fear satan or hell and the world will not end."

so, why do you spread the negatives messages all the time.

15. profile image0
    peacefulparadoxposted 14 years ago

As a side note, I happen to be reading a book called "The World Without Us".   It hypothesize what would it be like if no more humans are around.  Apparently the world would go on fine without us.

There was a special on the NatGeo channel about that.  Very interesting indee.  Even the areas that had a Nueclear holocaust or break were teaming with life and I don't mean single cell creatures.

16. Negativo profile image58
    Negativoposted 14 years ago

2012 the end of the world.. ?

I thing it is a Wrong Theory..

Only God can know when would be the end of the world.

GOD is not a person and it will never be. It is an energy that we all have and it is in everything around us. We can do no wrong with it or against it. It is all love and choices and there are repercussions of those choices Nothing is evil or good. Everything is for the good. These lives we have are by our own choosing and this earth is our school for learning about ourselves through others. LOVE Each Other Always

1. Negativo profile image58
        Negativoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Thats only your mind.

Or is it your indoctrination?

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)