Hot potato inside Catholicism vs Judaism vs Christianity vs Islam

Jump to Last Post 151-200 of 223 discussions (1092 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

Remember the worth of souls is great in the eyes of God.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Correct and every soul is equally precious for him as they are all his extensions. smile

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

You mean who has the worst concept? Both equally hateful!
    After this, David subdued and humbled the Philistines by conquering Gath, their largest city.  David also conquered the land of Moab.  He made the people lie down on the ground in a row, and he measured them off in groups with a length of rope.  He measured off two groups to be executed for every one group to be spared.  The Moabites who were spared became David's servants and brought him tribute money.   (2 Samuel 8:1-2 NLT)

Qur’an 4.89 They desire that you should disbelieve as they have disbelieved, so that you might be (all) alike; therefore take not from among them friends until they fly (their homes) in Allah’s way; but if they turn back, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them, and take not from among them a friend or a helper.

The essence of both religions is superb but gets corrupted by people with little knowledge and big egoes. smile
      Look at the good and not the bad in them  smile

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree one should look for the good in these tomes. I did so many years ago, and took what I needed then. I will not be fed either book as the word of god. many who wrote what I am showing here were insane. Obviously, provably crazy! to tell people that every word in these books are the inspired word of god is also crazy.
        The bible and Quoran I read were not to be taken literally like people do here.
        Like all information the tomes are informative about mental processes that took place a long time ago, and it is easy to see that many things were understood, but more were not.
        As for "living it" There is not even one human who obeys the mosaic law for example, and the Ten commandments if read in their entirety are again psychologically naive. smile

Its is very difficult trying to explain the beyond and spiritual books have great depth and yes they cannot be taken literally or one will miss the point. smile

Exactly, and the conclusions that we arrive at are all different.
            Any book that you and I jointly read will produce an entirely unique form in each of our minds.
            If the book says it was a beautiful lake near the mountains, we each have a unique picture. We can educate ourselves to be able to share much of what is written, but it can never be the same.  smile We are indeed unique!

One will understand according to his consciousness level and penetrate its depth accordingly.Vedas talk of some 5,000 different consciousness levels amongst man ,cannot remember the figure properly.

Yeh! But the most common state is low awareness and stifled thinking. smile

Life is strange smile

Mohit, perhaps we seek what you may call "Godliness" and I may call something else, but love is an interesting concept when applied.
                    I mean to say, if we understand that it is godly to kneel and speak as equals with your little loved ones, and nurture your mother and father, love and care for all the creatures and plants that we interact with, always stop and help those in need and honor life in these ways, I believe we are being hedonistic, selfish and correct! lol
                    I fully understand that I do these things for myself.
                    First we learn to love and respect ourself, then we have plenty of love inside, plenty to share. The sharing brings joy! I understand how love works, i live it daily!
                    You give it,you get it back many times, and if you don't it matters not.
                    love totally allows children to be heard, and heard as equals. This provides the real meaning of life, and the grounding of self awareness that is kind respectful of life and accurate, so it furthers the ability of the child to full consciousness with the capacity to consider enlarging it. smile

3. earnestshub profile image80

Well, not much of a show from the religionists, just gonna get more fundamental from here on. lol

4. earnestshub profile image80

That is great Mohit! smile

5. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Good morning Mark smile

1. Mark Knowles profile image59
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Good morning. Is it just me or are the religionists getting uglier than usual?

Good morning gentlemen. I think they are getting more desperate by the day! smile

6. Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

IDK, I don't watch them regularly. But some other people are getting all worked up on nothing smile

7. earnestshub profile image80

you disgust me!!! How dare you make an accusation like that!

8. earnestshub profile image80

One does not need a book to know that you are defending the indefensible!

9. Shaul Stein profile image60
    Shaul Steinposted 14 years ago

God hates these for sure.
    haughty eyes, a lying tongue, a heart that plots evil, feet that race to do wrong, a false witness who pours out lies, a person who sows discord among brothers, cheating, dishonest scales, bribery.

All of them are wrong doing or evil.
    One would think you hate them too Mark.

1. Shaul Stein profile image60
      Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

@ Mark:

No answer Mark?

I do.

1. Shaul Stein profile image60
          Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Perhaps He hates what you hate.

10. Shaul Stein profile image60
    Shaul Steinposted 14 years ago

She did tell you her real name, twice.
    I saw it and I remember it because it was unusual~never heard it before and she also told you her nick name. As well as the 3 users on HP.

11. profile image0

If Abraham was dedicated enough to circumsize himself with a rock, there has to be a God who told him to do it. It pretty much seals the deal for me.

big_smile

Me too. People will do some pretty stupid things when they think they have an invisible deity speaking into their head. I agree with you - it is a sickness.

1. Judah's Daughter profile image79
        Judah's Daughterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why not let the Rock of Jesus Christ circumcise your heart?  Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God."

1. profile image0
          Onusonusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yup, I already did that.

You mean Jesus, Lucifer's brother?  Sorry, Onusonus, I've already stated more than enough about Mormonism.

1. profile image0

Why do you think he is the brother of the king of Babylon? I'm pretty sure they lived in mortality, hundreds of years apart.

It got back to me from Las Vegas, a Mormon reader referred to you and Carrie Bradshaw's dialogue ~~ looks like you're not considered a devout Mormon in their book...maybe we're making progress :-)  You know orthodox Christianity would NEVER teach such a thing as to put Jesus as a brother of Lucifer.  This is simply a well-known fact that Mormons teach such things.  I can see that either you are like Peter, and deny your lord in times of trial, or you are truly finding the real God, who is Jesus Christ (Immanuel).

1. profile image0

Niether would the LDs church teach that Jesus is brothers with lucifer. People (Like you) just use that to sensationalize. LDS doctrine does not subscribe to traditional creedal trinitarianism. That is, the LDS do not believe the extra-biblical doctrines which surround many Christians' ideas about God, such as expressed by the Nicene Creed. Specifically, the LDS do not accept the proposition that Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are "of one substance (homoousios) with the Father," as the Nicene Creed declares.

Rather, LDS doctrine teaches that God the Father is physically and personally distinct from Jesus Christ, His Only Begotten Son. The Father is understood to be the literal father of His spirit children.

LDS believe that Jesus Christ's role is central to our Heavenly Father's plan. Christ is unique in several respects from all other spirit children of God:
                  Jesus was and is perfect
                  Jesus is God (See John 1:1-2, Hebrews 1:6, 1 Nephi 11:16–26, D&C 76:13).
                  Jesus is the Creator (See John 1:3, Hebrews 1:1–6, Mosiah 3:3, Helaman 14:12, Moses 2:1).
                  Jesus obeyed the Father in all things (See 3 Nephi 11:11).
                  Jesus was chosen and foreordained to be the Redeemer (See Isaiah 43:11, Mosiah 13:28–34, 3 Nephi 9:15, Moses 4:2).
                  Jesus is the Mediator between God and humanity (See John 14:6, 1 Timothy 2:5, Hebrews 8:5, 2 Nephi 2:28, D&C 76:69).
                  Jesus was "the Only Begotten"—only He, of all God's children, had a physical inheritance in His body from God the Father. All other mortals have two mortal parents, and Satan and his followers never receive physical bodies at all. (See John 1:14, John 3:16, John 14:3, Jacob 4:11, Alma 12:33–34).
                  God the Father also had many other spirit children, created in His image and that of His Only Begotten. These children include all humans born on the earth. Some of God's children rebelled against Him, and contested the choice of Jesus as Savior. (See D&C 76:25–27). The leader of these children was Lucifer, or Satan. Those spirit children of God who followed Satan in his rebellion against Christ are sometimes referred to as "demons," or "devils."

You said, "the LDS do not believe the extra-biblical doctrines which surround many Christians' ideas about God."  Do you not know that the Book of Mormon is extra-biblical?  Nothing I've stated to you about orthodox Christianity is extra-biblical.  I challenge you to prove your foundational doctrine using the Bible alone, for you will have much more respect from me or any orthodox Christian.

You said, "the LDS do not accept the proposition that Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit are "of one substance (homoousios) with the Father."  The Bible states that the Holy Spirit overshadowed Mary and she bagat the Son of God.  He is called the Son of God, so, since the Holy Spirit conceived Him and God is Spirit, the Holy Spirit must be God.  Do the math.  Jesus is called Immanuel (God with us) and Everlasting Father in the Bible.

You said, "His Only Begotten Son. The Father is understood to be the literal father of His spirit children."  God has one Son, Himself in the flesh through His Spirit (God is Spirit); then you go on to say the Father has other spirit children, indicating He has wives or had wives in Heaven.  This is not Biblical.  If Jesus is the ONLY BEGOTTEN, whether (in heaven, as Mormons teach) or on earth, that's what it means.  The ONLY BORN.

You then said, "God the Father also had many other spirit children, created in His image and that of His Only Begotten. These children include all humans born on the earth."  If these children include all humans born on the earth, He would have several "begotten" children, for this is what "begotten" means ~ BORN.

And, if you want to take it a step further, we are told to be "born of the Spirit", so if the Spirit is not God, we are then not to be "born of God".  They are one in the same.

You said, "LDS doctrine teaches that God the Father is physically and personally distinct from Jesus Christ."  Then, you say "Jesus is God (See John 1:1-2, Hebrews 1:6)".  Is that not contradicting yourself?

2. profile image0

It certainly is a wonderful, beautiful, sickness, and tradition for that matter. I'm just glad it happened when I was a baby. I don't envy the job of that Moyle though, but it's better thaan using one of those knew electric deals. I heard some poor schmo got his man pride sizzled.

2. Judah's Daughter profile image79

Romans 2:29 "But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and circumcision is that which is of the heart, by the Spirit, not by the letter; and his praise is not from men, but from God."  Considering you follow the Book of Mormon, I really don't have a clue what you believe that is actually Bible-based.

12. profile image0

Mark,
    That's all good and well but lets cut to brass tacks here. I want your opinion; snip, or no snip.

Mutilating yourself for religious reasons? Is that what you want my opinion on?

1. profile image0

Well now I wouldn't mutulate myself on the spaghetti monsters behalf, but I hear it's more sanitary. I've got this cousin who got a bad infection and....

You hear it is more sanitary?

Have you also heard that we are freeing the Afghan people and if you do as you are told you will live forever at the right hand of god? lol

1. profile image0

What do the Afghans have to do with wether or not you think people should be circumsized?
            Whats up with that?neutral

1. Valerie F profile image61
              Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My guess is that Mark meant, "Don't believe everything you hear." He just used a terrible example that implied he thinks he knows the motives and intentions of everyone in our armed forces.

1. profile image0

Oh right, because I used to be in the Army. I see.

13. earnestshub profile image80

Calling an individual such a name without even knowing them is disgusting, and has no place here. many do not ascribe to a behavior sanctioned by their tome.
    That is a truly hateful, nasty thing to say.

14. profile image0

Ok, in keeping with the spirit of this thread, the common ground between muslams, Christians and Jews I think can go back to Abraham.

Lets ask video lost, he's Muslem right?
    Do you guys keep to the Abrahamic covenant?

Do you nip the tip?

do you take the razor ride around happyville?

15. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
    GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years ago

Hmm, hit and run tactics, will run away when cornered...

boisterous, obnoxious and boastful...

thinks of himself superior yet very weak...

But deep inside empty and full of hatred...

low life...

I do love it when Christians prove they do not follow their teachings. Thanks

1. GeneralHowitzer profile image68
        GeneralHowitzerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why does a non-Christian have all the rights to freedom of speech, there are two kinds of Christians, the ones that walk the talk, while some talk the walk...

Christians can be as meek and lame as a sheep but can be as feisty and ferocious lion when threatened... Christians didn't exists to be puppets and with no feelings.

We have this Christian principle, Sow what you reap... if you sow brickbats expect fruits of slugs and attacks...

16. profile image0

The Book of Mormon is certainly extra biblical but definately not unscriptoral unlike the Nicean creed, the Athenasian creed, the apostles creed, Etc.
    You said that no orthadox christian would ever teach that Jesus is the brother of Satan, and niether do Mormons. We simply believe Christ's relationship with the father, whom he prayed to is a father son relationship. It can be difficult to wrap your brain around but I find it interesting that some of the earliest christians believed the same thing.

We do know that Christian orthodoxy before Nicaea was not the Trinitarian creeds now popular:

'Subordinationism', it is true, was pre-Nicean orthodoxy.
    ‘Subordinationism’ is a doctrine which means that Jesus and/or the Holy Ghost are ‘subordinate’ or ‘subject’ to God the Father. In subordinationism, Jesus must be a separate being from the Father, because you can’t be subject to yourself! This was the orthodox position before the Nicean council. Ideas that were once orthodox were later considered unacceptable after the councils altered and added to the doctrine.

Writers who are usually reckoned orthodox but who lived a century or two centuries before the outbreak of the Arian Controversy, such as Irenaeus and Tertullian and Novatian and Justin Martyr, held some views which would later, in the fourth century, have been branded heretical...Irenaeus and Tertullian both believed that God had not always been a Trinity but had at some point put forth the Son and the Spirit so as to be distinct from him. Tertullian, borrowing from Stoicism, believed that God was material (though only of a very refined material, a kind of thinking gas), so that his statement that Father, Son and Spirit were 'of one substance', beautifully orthodox though it sounds, was of a corporeality which would have profoundly shocked Origen, Athanasius and the Cappadocian theologians, had they known of it.

When God became a man, He did not cease to exist as the Almighty, omnipresent God (Spirit).  Jesus was made a "little lower than the angels" for He was made a man.  He is both Son of God and Son of Man in the person of Jesus Christ.  He is the express image of God.  This is why Jesus said the Father is in Him and He in the Father; that if we've seen Him, we've seen the Father.  He is the only image of the Father, for the Father is Spirit.  Likewise, as we do, He prayed to the Almighty Spirit as we do.  We could not pray directly to the Father in the Old Testament because we were not righteous.  It took His human, yet perfect, blood to be the atonement for our sins.  Once this happened, we can now, as Man, come directly to Him when we are saved by that blood.

17. profile image0

now you are taking literally the phrase "God is spirit" are we to say that god is only a spirit, or that he is only a fire, or that he is only light, or only life? no.Also, if God is a spirit and we have to worship him in spirit, do mortals have to leave our bodies to worship him?
    Thus I believe that man is also spirit and is, like God, housed in a physical body. We were, after all, created in the "image" of God.

Yes, our spirit worships Him in spirit and truth.  God's Spirit dwells in us and seals us to Himself.  While we have a spirit, breathed into us by God Himself upon creation, we do not become gods, rather one with Him as His sons and daughters when we are "born again" (of the Spirit) through our salvation experience ~ the indwelling of His Holy Spirit.

1. profile image0

"is it not written Ye are Gods?"

Not in the way Mormons have indoctrinated this statement.  For correct understanding, read this: http://www.eadshome.com/Psalm826.htm

1. profile image0

John; 10;34
            Yes.wink

Not in the way Mormons have indoctrinated this statement.  For correct understanding, read this: http://www.eadshome.com/Psalm826.htm

Isaiah 44:6; "I am the first and I am the last apart from me there is no God.”

Isaiah 46:9; "I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like me."

Isaiah 43:10; "Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me."

Isaiah 45:21-22; "...there is no God apart from me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth; for I am God, and there is no other."

The Bible says that Man was created from the dust of the earth and Woman from the rib of the first man.  It does not state we were born in heaven then brought to earth ~ anywhere.

1. profile image0

that is the way we interpert it. you just like to think otherwise to oversimplify and astonish others into believing that we venerate ourselves. It is a deeper understanding that those who overcome with faith will inherit a crown of rightousness, and become joint heirs with Christ. But if we are to inherit all that the father has just what does he have? hence he deligates to man the Priesthood, the authority to act in his name.

Yes, everyone who believes is a priest with Him.  We do not graduate into priesthood, let alone gods.  Because we are of Him and in Him, we walk in His authority, but it is always His authority, not ours.

1. profile image0

i never said it was ours. the priesthood is deligated by the laying on of hands, otherwise your preaching has a form of Godliness but deny's the power thereof.

18. profile image0

Psalm 82; God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the Gods. (well Look at that, it's plural)

I have said Ye are Gods and all of you are children of the most high. (Spiritually Begotten? wierd.)

19. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Exactly Judah's Daughter and Onusonus.  Faith is dead without works as we see in James 2.

Gal 5:6 “For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision means anything, but faith working through love.”

God is not concerned with the “profession of faith”, in that Mat 15: 8 states, “These people honor Me with their lips, but their hearts are far from Me.”

Mat 15:19 “For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false witness, slanders. These are the things which defile the man; but to eat with unwashed hands does not defile the man." Did you notice that the washing of hands, which is included in the Law of Moses, does not matter any longer?

Notice what comes out of the heart: the breaking of the 10 commandments; however, Jesus said it's not by fleshly keeping of the commandments that matters, but keeping them in our hearts as well!  The ten commandments are summed up in two: Love the Lord thy God with all your heart, soul, mind, and strength and Love your neighbor as yourself; for in doing so you have fulfilled the whole LAW.  The work of faith is love.  Faith without the work of faith being love is dead.  Check out 1 Cor 13 (entire chapter).

Luke 16:16 “The Law and the Prophets were proclaimed until John; since that time the gospel of the kingdom of God has been preached, and everyone is forcing his way into it.”

John 1:17 “For the Law was given through Moses; grace and truth were realized through Jesus Christ.”

Eph 2:8-9 "For by grace are you saved through faith and that not of yourselves; it's the gift of God, not of works, lest any man should boast."

Galatians 5:14, 18, 22-23 “For the whole Law is fulfilled in one word, in the statement, ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.” “But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law.” “But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no Law.”

Mormonism believes salvation comes after earning it through works; that is not what Orthodox Christianity believes, based on the Bible alone.  When a person is saved, the evidence of their salvation is bearing the fruit of the Spirit.  We don't get saved by performing certain acts or works, but rather allowing the Spirit to work through us because of our faith in Him.  We are as saved at the profession of faith (evidenced by a changed heart) as we will be after a lifetime.  Believers earn rewards for works that He does through us, and not for works done of ourselves.

I have a full hub on this subject called "Will He Know You?", as there's so much to see!

1. profile image0

The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints believes the same thing about grace that the earliest Christians believed. Modern Protestant ideas are different from earlier teachings, which is fine, but it doesn't make Mormon ideas "false" if we agree with how the earliest followers of Jesus saw the matter.

One Evangelical Christian author wrote of his sudden discovery that his previous beliefs about salvation were very different from those held by the early Christians:

If there's any single doctrine that we would expect to find the faithful associates of the apostles teaching, it's the doctrine of salvation by faith alone. After all, that is the cornerstone doctrine of the Reformation. In fact, we frequently say that persons who don't hold to this doctrine aren't really Christians…
        Our problem is that Augustine, Luther, and other Western theologians have convinced us that there's an irreconcilable conflict between salvation based on grace and salvation conditioned on works or obedience. They have used a fallacious form of argumentation known as the "false dilemma," by asserting that there are only two possibilities regarding salvation: it's either (1) a gift from God or (2) it's something we earn by our works.
        The early Christians [and the Latter-day Saints!] would have replied that a gift is no less a gift simply because it's conditioned on obedience....
        The early Christians believed that salvation is a gift from God but that God gives His gift to whomever He chooses. And He chooses to give it to those who love and obey him.

The Latter-day Saints are pleased to be in the company of the earliest Christians. And, the LDS cannot be excluded as Christians because they have not embraced the modified doctrines adopted later.

1. quietnessandtrust profile image60
          quietnessandtrustposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Does the lds church worship Jesus The Christ as The Messiah of The Eternal God All Mighty?
          Do they believe Messiah is the only mediator between God and man and that He is The Savior of all them that come to Him?

Salvation is NOT...by faith alone....it is by grace alone, through faith and that not of ourselves.

1. profile image0

I agree, and yes we do.

2. Valerie F profile image61

Like the Catholics and Eastern Orthodox? wink

It might help to consider a different perspective. To those whose denominations are historically closest to the Early Church, all Protestants and LDS alike have adopted different, later, modified teachings.

1. profile image0

Agreed but I havn't read very much about Catholics or Eastern Orthadox so i wont make nay assumptions.

There's only one church founded on the Rock of Jesus Christ.  If the "Protestants" broke away from the Catholic church, it's because they went back to the original truths of the foundational ROCK of the Bible.  To say Protestants adopted different, later, modified teachings is false.  They got away from Catholicism's different, later, modified teachings.  Why offend each other?  If the seven churches in Revelation are all founded on the Rock of Jesus Christ, the Word of God, why do we slay one another with the "I'm older than you?".  This needs to stop.

Now, when it comes to Mormonism, they were founded in the 1800's and if you dig into their roots of their leaders and the Book of Mormon, they follow a completely different God and Jesus than we do:  http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/M

1. Valerie F profile image61

And the LDS Church claims that the Catholic and Eastern Orthodox Churches and the Protestant Churches all modified or adopted later teachings not in keeping with the Gospel, and that it's the LDS Church that went back to or "restored" the "original truths" of the Gospel.

I do think the whole back and forth about which denomination is closer to the Early Church needs to stop too, as it's only inevitable that when LDS and Protestants argue over that, some loudmouth, smartypants Catholic bookworm like me will be too tempted to chime in with, "Historically, liturgically, and theologically speaking, you're both wrong." wink

1000+ year differences in foundational doctrine is a bit more obvious ~ as I said, the Catholic and Protestant churches have the same gospel foundation.  Mormons have a different gospel, intertwined with enough terminology, to appear to be of the light, but I will not believe it ~ no matter what.  I won't become a Catholic either, but because of the gospel, I do not call Catholicism a false religion.

20. quietnessandtrust profile image60
    quietnessandtrustposted 14 years ago

Interesting if that is true, because they did not use to.

1. profile image0

I find this preplexing, We didn't used to believe that Jesus is the Messiah? 1 Nephi 10;4 God will "raise up a Messiah , or in other words a savior of the world.
      5 And he also spake concerning the prophets, how great a number had testified of these things, concerning this messiah, of whom he had spoken, or in other words this savior of the world."

History tells it like it was.
        They have made some changes perhaps.

That's what I thought, then I started digging into their roots and what they teach and practice.  They do not serve the same God or Jesus we do, but have adopted terminology that would cause the Judeo-Christian to think maybe they're OK.  Check out this link to the truth:  http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/M

1. profile image0

Diging up dirt isn't realy digging for truth, you're just looking for anything that you can find to satisfy your ego. Have you even read the Book of Mormon or the Doctrine and Covenants or just as a foot note explained by AntiMormons?

Why would I want to do that?  The mere fact you think God conceived children in heaven and walked the earth as a man and obtained His godhood is enough for me to know you guys are on the wrong tree.  Looks like Sanctus disappeared, as I thought she was going to continue on in "reasonings" with you.

1. profile image0

So instead of actually learning about a religion before mischaracterizing, criticizing, and making false assumptions, you would rather hear the truth about, oh I don't know, Judaism from a NAZI. It's sort of like being a NAZI because you get to discriminate something you don't understand.

Joseph Smith had the Bible.  That's all he needed.  That's all any of the religions of the earth need.  Jesus Christ was not a Mason, nor His disciples, nor were any of the fathers of faith members of the Masons.  I would run from any church affiliated with the Freemasons and Masonic Temple/Logde!!  Why don't you even question this foundation?  Do you think Satan is so dumb to appear evil to the world?  Evil is blamed on God, is it not?  Satan is disguised as an angel of light!  What does that mean to you?

1. profile image0

He did have a Bible and faith, enough to pray to god, he saw a light, and in the midst of that light stood Jesus Christ even on the right hand of God, and they did in reality speak to him, and though he was hated and persicuted for it, yet it was true. The foundation of the Latter Day Saints is Jesus the Christ, the son of God, the only name by which men are saved in the kingdom of God. The Book of Mormon is the word of God, it is the stone cut out of the mountain without hands and it will roll forth untill the earth is filled with the lord's eternal message of salvation. We talk of christ, we preach of Christ, we prophecy of Christ, and we write according to his prophecies, so our children will know where to turn for a remission of their sins.
                    The Lord has bound himself by solemn covenant, no longer are the children of men left to wander throughout mortality without knowing the lord's eternal plan. Remember that these things are true, because the Lord God has revealed these truths to us.

2. quietnessandtrust profile image60

Well that is why I have said "IF" and "PERHAPS"
            thanks for the link

2. profile image0

Not seeing a change here the book of Mormon hasn't changed with the exception of gramatical errors, it is true to it's origional translation, and there is a lot about Jesus being the Christ, the redeemer and mediator, the advocate with the father, etc..

21. quietnessandtrust profile image60

I am so glad Messiah did not come to start a new religion !!!

1. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

that would be too much !! lol

22. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

@ quietness
    nice avatar! very 'sweet' big_smile

smile

Is the seal escaping or did the shark win?

Scaping I hope big_smile

In the original, they are both moving forward, so it's all the gravity. big_smile
          I had to crop it.

23. quietnessandtrust profile image60

You can do all kinds of things in the name of "Jesus".....
    plenty of "Jesus'" running around the country side.

Casting out demons, healing people, feeding them and blah, blah, blah....

And many will come to Him and argue that they in fact did all of these things in His name.....

He will say, take a hike, I never knew you!!!

Today there is another Jesus on every church corner. sad

1. profile image0

Yeah....demons can do that to you and more.
        They can do all kinds of powerful false miracles and lying sign and wonders too.
        He is a whack job no doubt !!!

Benny Hinn did not proclaim Mormonism years ago either.  I believe his testimony is one of coming "out of" of the occult and association with the Freemasons.  Not surprising a Mormon would refer to him as an example.

Are you saying Benny Hinn is Mormon?  I see it's only been recently that Mormonism has "merged" with his ministry.  I am shocked to read him state that the Word has become flesh in him, and he is a god!  His testimony also includes coming out of the occult and is associated with Freemasonry.

1. profile image0

No Carrie I was contrasting my belief in the "real Jesus" to others who want to make a buck teaching glitz and glamour, like Benny and his Angel of lights and flare.

Well, obviously, you'll have to change your tune ~ he's now merged with the Mormon belief system: http://archives.wittenburgdoor.com/arch … inn02.html  He is quoted here as stating the following:
            "Hinn agreed, "We do have much in common. The prophet Joseph Smith told his people that they would have to learn how to become god's themselves, the same as all the gods have done before. I tell those who come to my crusades the same thing. When one is born again by faith in Jesus, he is given a new spirit man that wasn't there before—a spirit man that is divine in nature and God-like. As children of God we too are gods here on earth. The Word has become flesh in me! ...I am a little god on earth! You are a little god on earth!"

1. profile image0

can I get you a national enquirer with your super market tabloid I think I saw an interesting article on Sightings of the Bat Boy. lol

Hey, he's quoted ~ that's all I can say.  Looking up other articles, he's quoted more and more...you think everyone is making this stuff up?  Whatever it is, each man is accountable to the Word of God alone.

1. profile image0

I have just reported what you've done to HubPages, as to connect my name with such a false statement is now plastered all over google all over the world.  I only stated what was already published about Benny Hinn; even when I quote you, I quote exactly what you've stated.  You are guilty of libel and slander, which I'm sure is a violation of HubPages policy.  You are also guilty of bearing false witness, of which you are accountable to the Highest Authority.

24. quietnessandtrust profile image60

What you seem to find hard to understand is that "another Jesus" can do all kinds of crap in the name of Jesus and still be found a liar.

Benny is just to obvious, takes no discernment to see he is out to lunch.

I am talking the subtle things in realms of the spirit.

25. quietnessandtrust profile image60

Here is what Benny and hundreds of others do upon the people they have wholesale deceived !!!.....and the people like little dogs lick it all up too.
    Every lying false prophet does the same thing, some are just subtle.

Wait for it now....wait for it....wait)))))

26. profile image0

Do whatever you want, it's your free will. but you do the exact same thing.
    The point is, you can find lies allover the internet and dress them up to look like the truth. But when the shoe is on the other foot suddenly it's a bad thing. I'm detecting a double standard here. And remember, the real Jesus loves you.

You're twisted.  I posted the link for you to read it for yourself.  I didn't publish that information, and I quoted it exactly as published.  I do not twist what is already published.  What you did broke the LAW.  If I knew who you were, I'd take you to court.  You're messing with God's kid, and what you did He will remember.  Expect His discipline.

The real Jesus doesn't have followers who LIE.  You LIED here and cannot deny that fact.  For me to quote sources is not me starting a lie, like you've just done.  Now we know who follows the real Jesus.  I have not lied.  You have.

27. earnestshub profile image80

Two religionists fighting over which god is the right one, and then talking more ignorant rubbish about litigation because they had an argument! Gee I wonder what starts wars? lol

Blatant and purposeful lies come from the source of all lies: the father of lies.  Now, we see even moreso the roots this LDS follows.

1. profile image0

If you believe that then why do you keep citing sources which are full of blatant lies? hypocritical.

Citing sources and making up my own are two different things.  I dare you to cite sources about me that I would be ashamed of?  Whatever I write I stand behind.  For YOU to publish such a false statement about me is from YOU, not from some cited source.  That is WRONG and you, I'm sure, would not be praised by your church for what you've just done.  It's a poor witness to everyone reading this (meaning the world of Google and God!)  You've shown your roots, your true colors.

1. profile image0

I think not! the twist that I made was attached to the origional post for demonstrative purposses, hence we have the two to compare. But you take lies from the internet and present them as fact. point being just because a tabloid put quotation marks around a statement doesn't make it true. You realy have to think before you start making accusations against others. Very judgmental.

I quote the source, not attach it to YOU.  Follow the rules of ettiquette, let alone the commandments of God you claim to love and follow.  What are all your "good works" going to accomplish when you openly and permanently bear false witness against a Christian?  Shame!!

1. profile image0

Yes, you quote a source which is full of lies, and present it as the truth. this is also called lying, do you feel justified because somone else wrote it? you shouldn't because it's the same thing.

It's like being an accomplice to a murder. If a person didn't commit the murder, but held the victim down while the other person did it, should that person get off scott free? One would think not.
                Hence you didn't tell the lie, but you spread it around as if it were the truth. Is it sinking in yet?

Then go after the person who published the article; I didn't publish the article.  It's up to the reader to decide if it's true or false.

28. profile image0

Carrie that is no way to talk to one of your new fellow Latterday Saints. wink

29. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

*sits in back, munches on popcorn*

May I have some? lol

Sure, I put butter on it too !!!

Looks like the goves are off !!!!!!!!!!

30. profile image0

Would you prefer it in biblical terms? here;

"why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
    Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
    Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye."-Matthew 7:4

What hypocricy have I committed?  Quoting sources you say are lies?  I have not lied.  I am not the hypocrite here.  Now, I'm not going to argue this with you any longer.  God has the battle now.

31. earnestshub profile image80

Now we have my jesus is better than your jesus...sheesh!

You will know them by their fruits.  I have not lied.  I follow the Spirit of TRUTH.

2. profile image0

That one started like two days ago, where have you been?

Having fun with my kids! smile Fathers day you know! smile

1. profile image0

I thought fathers day was a few months ago. Well any day is a good day to play with the kiddies.

big_smile

My "kiddies are 43, 40 and 20 years old, and I have 6 Gkids. My kids, boys and all still hug and kiss me whenever we meet.
            Being loved is a very wonderful thing, and I seem to be very lucky indeed! smile

1. profile image0

Wow I thought you were younger. Enjoy the grand kids cause you get to give them back at the end of the day. I've got #4 on the way.

I have what I hope is a young outlook on life. smile I do not like giving them back! They entertain me, they show love to me, they fascinate me, it's all about me! lol

1. profile image0

lol

What is your mix so far, I have got four girls and two boys. smile

32. Paraglider profile image87
    Paragliderposted 14 years ago

Can I join in? I have one granddaughter and another on the way smile
    Congratulations to you two "old stagers" !

Congratulations Paraglider, I bet you are an amazing grandfather and father. It gets better with more of em! lol

33. profile image0

Three toddlers running around screaming their heads off, hitting me in the head with a plastic hammer, and worst of all potty training! and just got them to sleep. All quiet on the western front.

The twins are better now, but when younger used their razor sharp teeth to get a grip when climbing grandpa! I got more scars from those little tackers than from years of racing! I wrote a funny story on grandfather abuse once. smile
      I guess as long as they keep climbing on my knee, I am gonna be happy even if they used spiked boots! lol

1. profile image0

race car driver, cool! I'm just worried because they found out that scissors can cut hair.yikes

The scissors thing is a big worry. I found some that cut, but will not cut hair or skin. You know, maybe grandpa did not need that haircut while he was sleeping!!!!

1. profile image0

I've got the same haircut, shave the upper sides into a peak and pluck out random hairs down the middle.

34. tantrum profile image60

Can I join in ? I'm only grand sad

Absolutely tantrum! smile

lol  lol and Good night ! C U tomorrow! big_smile

Sleep well my friend, smile

35. earnestshub profile image80

Holy mackerel! The Showdown!!! More coffee!

lol   lost souls debating as to who is lost more lol

36. sarmack profile image61
    sarmackposted 14 years ago

Praying to/for the dead is not the same as conversing with them.  Our Prayers should be to our god, not to the dead, that is true.  However, "the dead" may be working out their Penatence by "assisting" with our lives.  Yeshua HaMachiach is a Great Example of this!!!  Although, He is not working out His Penatence as He has nothing to Repent for...
    Even animals do not "mate" with the same sex and we are supposed to be the higher order in the animal kingdom!!!
    Scripture is to be "Engraved upon your heart" so that you LIVE it but don't go about regurgitating it... There is nothing worse than a radical religionist who only knows how to recite memorized verses.  Know what is in the Book you use for Spiritual Guidance and speak it in your own words, in respect to your own life... that is what Pentacost was all about!!!
    As far as Grandchildren, may God Bless and Protect them in their innocence.

37. Mark Knowles profile image59
    Mark Knowlesposted 14 years ago

LOL

Judah's daughter is more of a liar than you are usmanali/whatever - although I do love to see two religionists getting it on, here is what the bible says about child molestation, rape and selling children for sex:

If a man is caught in the act of raping a young woman who is not engaged, he must pay fifty pieces of silver to her father.  Then he must marry the young woman because he violated her, and he will never be allowed to divorce her.  Deuteronomy 22:28-29

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword.  Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes.  Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes.  For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off.  The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows.  They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT

When a man sells his daughter as a slave, she will not be freed at the end of six years as the men are.  If she does not please the man who bought her, he may allow her to be bought back again.  But he is not allowed to sell her to foreigners, since he is the one who broke the contract with her.  And if the slave girl's owner arranges for her to marry his son, he may no longer treat her as a slave girl, but he must treat her as his daughter.  If he himself marries her and then takes another wife, he may not reduce her food or clothing or fail to sleep with her as his wife.  If he fails in any of these three ways, she may leave as a free woman without making any payment.   Exodus 21:7-11 NLT

Judah's daughter is also going against the word of god by preaching. Women are forbidden from preaching.

And you usmanali are a @#$%#&*&(*@)(*)

Ignorant peasants the pair of you. And you think you are going to persuade anyone to join your cults? lol lol

Thanks once again.

1. video lost profile image58
      video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mark Knowles,

I am realy very sorry about your ill-bred situation. I can imagine how badly Freemasonry, Zionism, Humanism, Materialism, Capitalism and Evolution effected your health.

Your paranoia has little to do with anyone else usmanali, you're a hater.

2. Mark Knowles profile image59

What are you talking about with breeding?

Surely Allah created us all the same. Or are you saying you are better than me? Not getting it usmanali

Lying is OK though? I get that.

1. video lost profile image58

You must consult a dictionary for the meaning of ILL-BRED

And you have nothing.... except name calling. as usual smile

Rather entertaining that he denies evolution and at the same time talks about ill breeding. Is it just me - or is the level of stupidity rising with these people?

Same as all the fundies, runs out of ideas once they run out of hateful ideas. smile

Mark, you are such an oppressive spirit.  First of all, you are quoting the Old Testament, which is the Covenant of sin and death.  When God prophesied what would happen as punishment, He is just.  The Old Covenant was the same as "an eye for an eye", for the evil practiced against His nations was then enforced upon the attackers.  The New Covenant is not this way.  I gave you a link to female apostles and prophetesses, so you cannot continue to bash women or shut them up, for we are not separated in the Lord from man, and it is by His Spirit we speak and preach.

38. imadork profile image69
    imadorkposted 14 years ago

Neither.  Think for yourselves!

39. Sanctus Vesania profile image60
    Sanctus Vesaniaposted 14 years ago

*munches on even more popcorn.*

40. Laurie Favelle profile image68
    Laurie Favelleposted 14 years ago

The English poet/painter/philosopher - William Blake - said "everything that lives is holey".
    Some of his contemporaries, particularly orthodox religious leaders, were a little miffed at some of his views as they tended to be contrary to the notion that there may be one religious point of view that was superior to all the others.
    Power bases, fortunes and self interest would all be shattered if it were put about that "everything that lives is holey".  Such notions would be totally outrageous.  Really, how could all the plebeians and peasants be compelled to do the tasks required of them - plow the fields, tend the factories, fight the wars, etc?
    Impossible!!!!
    "Everything that lives is holey"....Mmmmmmm....sought of finishes the debate, eh?

I don't think so ! So holy are wars, sickness, etc. I see You're also blind big_smile

41. tantrum profile image60

@vladimir uhri
    All this work replying to  posts for nothing! Give yourself a break and enjoy life ! big_smile

42. Len Cannon profile image88
    Len Cannonposted 14 years ago

Catholicism will win but only if it has time to prepare.  Time after time has shown that Catholics have been unstoppable when they know their enemies and have had time to develop counter-measures against them.

Otherwise, Judaism would clearly win.

But I think this scenario grossly neglects what Wolverine could accomplish.

43. hinckles koma profile image59
    hinckles komaposted 14 years ago

religion is messed up because we get stuck talking and feeling about it. Instead of learning what mother nature teaches us. Change is the Truth. once we connect to some religion whatever it is we forget the truth. 1

1. Sir  Xtra Xtra profile image61
      Sir Xtra Xtraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree religion can cause a great deal of obscurity. We hold to religion as if it is the Creator itself. Religion is a mere vehicle to something Higher.

2. video lost profile image58

Mother Nature is Pagan. It's a deception because

nature = mother nature = great architect of the universe = great kind of israel = one eyed dajjal = antichrist = lucifer = satan

These are the deceptive terms of Freemasonry which they use at different stages to decieve different levels of people. "Nature" is the most commonly used term in our international media.

When you do get to know god you will see god in Mother nature. smile

great architect of the universe- since when has the devil been the great architect of our universe? your philosophy is so twisted.

44. quietnessandtrust profile image60

Looks like we have a scoffer running around and mocking everything.
    Ignore this one....do not give them so much as a keystroke.

Proverbs 23:9
    "Don't waste your breath on fools, for they will despise the wisest advice. "

Proverbs 22:10
    "Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease."

1. UpHisAss profile image60
      UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Looks like we have a scoffer running around and mocking everything.
      Ignore this one....do not give them so much as a keystroke.

Proverbs 23:9
      "Don't waste your breath on fools, for they will despise the wisest advice. "

Proverbs 22:10
      "Cast out the scorner, and contention shall go out; yea, strife and reproach shall cease."

Mock me not untrustworthyandloud. You make the lie that is me. Scoff not for you are me.

45. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
    Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years ago

Make Money. Now I know your understanding. I know why you believe in replacement theology.
    I know Bible well and I believe I do understand it. The Apocrypha Books are not significantly valuable except perhaps purgatory which will be in contrary of John 3:3. We do not need thicker Bible we need only to act on it.
    Why we have so much protestants? Because it is not the Church, but became religion. Whys second Commandment was removed? Idolatry is most common sin in today's religion.
    Then we do not eat Jesus, we eat Last Supper (communion) to remember to go together to get into the WORD - LOGOS - JESUS. Read the Bible well, please. smile

1. Make  Money profile image67
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Replacement theology is an incorrect term.  There is a seamless transition from the Old Testament to the New Testament.  You might want to read this, http://www.whymostfail.com/chosen.html

John 3:3 does not even relate to purgatory, it is referring to the Sacrament of Baptism.  This web page on the Sacrament of Baptism lists many Bible verses about Baptism including why infants should be Baptized.  If you are interested in Purgatory this web page lists many Bible verses concerning Purgatory.

No Commandments were removed.  Why do you mention idolatry.  Catholics and Lutherans seem to agree about the Ten Commandments.  See, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ten_Commandments

Well Jesus did say to eat His Body and Blood to receive everlasting life and be raised up in the last day and those that don't won't as we see in John 6:54-55 (verses 53-54 in the KJB).  Yes Jesus introduced the Holy Eucharist at the last supper, "And whilst they were at supper, Jesus took bread, and blessed, and broke: and gave to his disciples, and said: Take ye, and eat. This is my body. 27 And taking the chalice, he gave thanks, and gave to them, saying: Drink ye all of this. 28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which shall be shed for many unto remission of sins" (Matthew 26:26-28).  It's not symbolic.  This web page lists many Bible verses that show His Real Presence in the Holy Eucharist.  Yes we need to act on the Bible.  Before you reply you may want to read all these Bible verses.  Let's try to get over the bickering please.

God bless
      Mike

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image60
        Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mike all your comments you made I am well familiar. I am not Lutheran. Luther however did not finished reformation. He did not restore the Second Commandment. This is negative mark from me.
        In John 6 Lord is talking about His Word. The bread and wine represent His body and blood it is truth. But it not changes bread to body and blood. He is talking about the WORD all the time. You are only right if you pull the verses out of context. I do not try to criticize. It is only what bother me is that people do not like to listen especially religious. They are locked to man made doctrines.
        Then you like apocrypha. It is OK with me it is your choice. But the same time your church does not accept what is written in basic Bible.
        Do not sound I do not take communion. I just do not believe it is Jesus body and blood. It means we would sacrifice Jesus all over and over again. Remember Moses strike the rock twice? Jesus symbolizes the Rock because He is Rock. But He is not granite, really. Moses should to strike once and this is why he could not enter Promise Land. He made two errors. If you are priest then you have something to preach next Sunday and we both have something common.
        See mistakes without repentance make impact on people as a whole all of us Christians.

Bless you and I love you. Vladimir

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image60

Mike I love you. But you mess the Bible so...
        Vladimir

3. Vladimir Uhri profile image60

Mike I love you. But you mess the Bible so... I am sorry for you. Vladimir

46. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Yeah I love you too Vladimir but I am not going to continue to bicker with you if you are not willing to read the verses mentioned, especially the long list that show His Real Presence in the Eucharist.

47. Sir  Xtra Xtra profile image61
    Sir Xtra Xtraposted 14 years ago

"Seek happiness in yourself and it will elude you, seek happiness in others and find it in yourself." This is a quote from what book?

1. profile image0
      Leta Sposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tell me, tell me!

Seriously...what?

48. earnestshub profile image80

Probably quoted from  101 ways to Transform your life by Dr. Wayne W Dwyer, but attributed to Churchill.

49. profile image0
    surfzenposted 14 years ago

Last Saturday my wife, a protestant and I, a catholic, stopped by the old  San Buenaventura Mission, Padre Serra's last mission he dedicated on Easter Sunday March 31, 1782.  My wife stood before the Shrine of the Crucifixion, a 400 year old statue carved from wood and after a moment asked me, "do you see something?"  You must visit the city of Ventura, CA and drop by the mission and you will understand why I appreciate this forum but feel that all the bickering and nit-picking is for naught.
    Chuck

1. Paraglider profile image87
      Paragliderposted 14 years agoin reply to this

A special moment. Out of interest, what did she/you see?

50. earnestshub profile image80

Best god fight everyone! lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)