Hot potato inside Catholicism vs Judaism vs Christianity vs Islam

Jump to Last Post 51-100 of 223 discussions (1092 posts)
  1. Valerie F profile image60
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Problem is that some of what's been passed off as "spreading the truth" was really passing off tired misconceptions and misinformation, not truth, about the Catholic Church.

1. Vladimir Uhri profile image61
      Vladimir Uhriposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, I already said I love Catholics.
      Martin Luther was Catholic too, he was monk. He was not protestant. He wanted to change to right way of Catholics. He wrote it on the door of Church in Wittemberg (Germany). It was 95 Thesis which the church was and is off of Bible. They would kill him if he would not have backup protection. The same happened with Catholic priest in Prague Czechoslovakia - Jan Hus. He live 100 years before Luther. They burned him on the square as stake as a heretic. He still did not stop to talk to that heretic corrupted hierarchy.
      People you have to listen the truth. Jesus loves you and He is sufficient enough. You cannot be born in the church and being Christian. You have to receive it personally. I do not mean to shawl it into your throat. This is very serious matter; it is concern of eternal life. Do you know how long is it - eternity?

2. Shaul Stein profile image59
    Shaul Steinposted 14 years ago

gosh i thought this might get a lot of back and forth, but 10 pages in 1 day?

jeepers lol

3. Valerie F profile image60

Sources as diverse as Alessandro Scarlatti and Duke Ellington were quoted as saying that there are only two kinds of music- good and bad. I don't buy CD's very often, but my favorite plainchant is the kind in which I participate. smile

1. profile image0
      Crazdwriterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow you particapte? that is really cool. I could never have the guts to do that. Shoot I don't even sing in church lol

Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, not like in the choir or as a performer, not any more anyway. But liturgical music is supposed to be a communal prayer experience.

1. profile image0

very interesting and very cool!

4. profile image0
    Crazdwriterposted 14 years ago

Thanks Shaul. i'll definitely listen to those tomorrow while I'm writing. I can't wait since it is your own music.

1. Shaul Stein profile image59
      Shaul Steinposted 14 years agoin reply to this

welcome your opinion smile

1. profile image0

HEY There can be your first hub...on making piano music. the steps it takes and everything. That would be a great read right there!

someone else is already writing a hub about my music because she fell in love with all 17 tracks and is also a pianist.

my hub would be very short as i do not compose in a traditional manner.smile

5. profile image0

Well shoot lol you can always write a hub about the poanists you like, your favorite songs.

maybe you can write about what inspires you to write your own songs?

6. Valerie F profile image60

I believe all religions bring something of value to the table, which is why I'm not keen to speak ill of any religion, but I don't think all of them are 100% true and will bring people to the same destination. I get too hung up on things like where different religions are diametrically opposed to believe they're equally true, which means I'd probably be a terrible Unitarian Universalist.

1. profile image0

I doubt it lol Universailst don't try to see faults they see religions as they are and accept them. Shoot I have two friends going to a ..i guess church...for Univerasists and they say all religions even athiests and gays and lesbians go because they are so welcome and no one judges them based on religions beliefs. So based on what you said..you would fit in smile They don' talk about religion they talk about other things like...the economy or things like that. that's why I'm going more towards them than anything. I won't abandon my religion just accept more of others and learn more.

7. profile image0

And there again she goes preaching the bible...would say a more colorful word but not going to.  Why do Bible thumpers always believe that they are right because they follow the Bible to every word? and why do they never actually READ or THINK about what others say to them? Again closed minded people annoy me as do bible thumpers.

And I do have a name...I don't go by Catholisim or can you not read my name? It's Crazdwriter

8. Valerie F profile image60

Not much point in going to a church if religion isn't discussed. But how can people of all religions go to heaven if some don't even believe in heaven. Which are true? The religions that holds reincarnation as a fundamental tenet, or the ones that maintain we only have one shot at an earthly life? How many gods are there? One? Three Persons in One God? Three separate beings in one Godhead? None? Many?

I don't deny that there are some similarities across the board, but to ignore the differences is not to see all religions as they are, and they can't all be correct.

1. mohitmisra profile image60
      mohitmisraposted 14 years agoin reply to this

All religions are correct and guide man to oneness with his inner self or god self.
      All humans are the sons of god and Jesus and other masters understood themselves and guided others to the light.

This is what devil say. He say all religions are his. He is right.
        Secondly we are not God's children. We were sold to slavery and we have to be bought back. It was paid by Jesus blood.

2. profile image0

I guess Church was a bad word then...maybe meeting? or congregassion? something to that affect where people get together with open arms and accept all. But yea the word is not there...getting late here in cali and my brain is falling asleep on me. lol

3. Vladimir Uhri profile image61

Please seek the truth and you shall find it.
      Jesus said My Word is truth. What else I can say?

1. tantrum profile image61
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That you  are still blind . That is what Jesus would say if he could. Bur Alas! He's dead! big_smile

9. Valerie F profile image60

Well, I don't believe the human inner self is a god-self, so my religion doesn't lead to that destination, obviously.

On a different note (pun not intended), there seem to be quite a few musicians and music buffs here. I studied music in college with emphases on vocal studies, opera, early music, and ethnomusicology.

My paper on the Jewish influence on Catholic liturgy and the development of sacred music in Western Europe began as a project for an early music class.

cool, look in your in box, your opinion is welcome. smile

2. mohitmisra profile image60

What religion do you follow?

As a Catholic, I don't believe Jesus was just a prophet.

"The kingdom of god is within" Jesus
          Your philosophy says god is within.
          I fail to understand the meaning of "just a prophet"

He is High Priest

He is Prophet

He is Savior

He is King

He is God

SO AM I AND EVERY HUMAN HAS THE POTENTIAL TO BECOME A CHRIST OR BUDDHA

10. profile image0

Shaul you should put your music on CDs and sell it. Haven't listend to it yet just so ya know lol just trying to give you ideas.
    Oh and you need a hub lol

yeah, money is lacking right now.
      it is on an inter net radio station though.

http://www.jango.com/music/beautyforashes

1. profile image0

That is a step in the right direction. smile night

2. Judah's Daughter profile image78
        Judah's Daughterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hey, Shaul ~ this is your thread, and I'm going to get busy with other things now.  I've contributed way more than intended, and you have enough people involved now to keep it going.  Whether this becomes a thread about music from this point forward, it's probably a more peaceful topic.  You called this "hot potato" for a reason, and it's been proven as such ~~ God bless everyone; I did my part.  Tootaloo ~~~

11. Judah's Daughter profile image78
    Judah's Daughterposted 14 years ago

So, let me ask an important question.  If any of you read from the very beginning of this thread, how many quote the Bible?  John 1:1 says that in the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.  The Bible also says that the Word became flesh and dwelt among men.  That Word is Jesus Christ.  Jesus said He did not come to bring peace, but a sword.  The Bible also states that the Word will judge us on the last day.

Here's my question.  If Jesus came here and spoke the Word to you or even wrote it to you as here in this forum, would your response be the same to Him?  Would you call Him a Bible Thumper and say all gods lead to God the Father?  That church is a place for people not to hear the Word of God?  That love means keeping everyone happy and comfortable in their beliefs?

Just something to think about...

1. profile image0

No because God would already know what I belive because He gave me the Bible, He gave me a brain and He told me to believe in Him but also look between the lines of the Bible and see things Outside my box.

I think it is YOU who needs to reread what others who DON"T think like you are saying and THINK for yourself. God didn't intend for people to follow the Bible WORD FOR WORD. Yes the 10 commandments are a big plus but seriously following the Bible word for word isn't going to get you any closer to Heaven than being yourself like how God had made you, and THINKING for yourself as God had intended.

With that said good night my dear friends.

12. profile image0

All right I need to get to bed. Brain is already falling asleep on me lol. Shaul I'll get back to you about your music tomorrow.
    Valerie was nice talking to you and meeting you.
    mohitmisra nice meeting you and don't forget to give me my religion lesson on parsee in my email...just go to my profile and contact me. smile
    Mark so sweet of you to jump in lol

Gnight kiddies talk to you tomorrow.

13. Valerie F profile image60

Nowhere in the Bible did Jesus say the Kingdom of God is "within."

As a Catholic, I don't believe Jesus was a prophet, but God Incarnate, something nobody else ever was.

So this does not square with other religions that say He was just a prophet, equal to Moses or Mohammad.

1. Judah's Daughter profile image78

Valerie, I applaud you.  It's about time someone stands up firmly for what they believe and speak out.  You may not like my style, as we are all made differenly, but I am pleased to see this.  God bless you.

Luke 17 (KJV)
      And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.

Your philosophy is confusing and incorrect.All humans are god incarnate and one who has awakened to this truth is called an enlightened one or knower of god.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prophet

* Main Entry: proph·et
          * Pronunciation: \ˈprä-fət\
          * Function: noun
          * Etymology: Middle English prophete, from Anglo-French, from Latin propheta, from Greek prophētēs, from pro for + phanai to speak — more at for, ban
          * Date: 12th century

1 : one who utters divinely inspired revelations: as a often capitalized : the writer of one of the prophetic books of the Bible b capitalized : one regarded by a group of followers as the final authoritative revealer of God's will <Muhammad, the Prophet of Allah>
      2 : one gifted with more than ordinary spiritual and moral insight; especially : an inspired poet
      3 : one who foretells future events : predictor
      4 : an effective or leading spokesman for a cause, doctrine, or group
      5 Christian Science a : a spiritual seer b : disappearance of material sense before the conscious facts of spiritual Truth.

Don't assume I think the King James translation is the best.

Luke 17: 20-21 says the Kingdom of God is among us, in reference not to something inside the human self, but to Jesus' healing and preaching ministry.

The Gospels would not otherwise preach self-denial.

Also, it's kind of strange to regard Jesus as a prophet of God if He is in fact God.

I'm glad you admit that you believe my religion, my philosophy is incorrect, because you just proved that you don't really believe all religions are correct.

But in Christianity, anyone who isn't Jesus Christ yet claims to be God incarnate is committing a grave sin. No created being is equal to the Creator. So the idea that I'm God incarnate and will be enlightened when I realize that is actually anathema to me.

Luke 17: 20-21 says the Kingdom of God is among us, in reference not to something inside the human self, but to Jesus' healing and preaching ministry.
          "There was no ministry when Jesus thus spoke.This is the same philosophy as the Hindus,get to now yourself and you get to know god. "

Also, it's kind of strange to regard Jesus as a prophet of God if He is in fact God.
          "Some philosophies equate the prophets with god and some do not, both are correct."

I'm glad you admit that you believe my religion, my philosophy is incorrect, because you just proved that you don't really believe all religions are correct.

" Please read this poem I have written .
          http://hubpages.com/hub/Religionspoem

But in Christianity, anyone who isn't Jesus Christ yet claims to be God incarnate is committing a grave sin. No created being is equal to the Creator. So the idea that I'm God incarnate and will be enlightened when I realize that is actually anathema to me.
          "That is the meaning of enlightenment, one who has become the light and declares I am the light like Jesus did. "

Kingdom of God is within us was misunderstood. Jesus said so, but it is who hear Him WORD and receive it.

God is within has been the knowledge mystics or sages have been spreading a long time before Jesus was here.

2. Vladimir Uhri profile image61

Jesus was born legally as a man. Otherwise he would not be here legally. The same time He was functioning as an Old Testament Prophet. He was also Rabi, teacher. But He was also Son of living God. Many recognized it in His time. He shed His blood for us. He paid the price. We are free. But freedom has to be received and accepted by faith. Thats all. If one is in jail and governor give him an amnesty, and he will not believe the document of governor he will refuse it and stay in jail. It is gross illustration but I hope many will get it.

The characters of different gods are different. Let say Baal was enemy of God Elohim. There was Baal male and Baal female. Ba'al and Ba'alath. In the name of Baal they murdered God's prophets. It was phenician god. Remember Jezebel? The full name of god in Semitic language is Baal-Alah. How then all gods are the same? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baal
        That's must be lie.

Get to know god and you will understand the prophets properly but not before that.

3. Shaul Stein profile image59

Luke 4:24...He is speaking of Himself here.
      "And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country."

Jesus Raises a Widow’s Son in Luke 7
      11 Soon afterward Jesus went with his disciples to the village of Nain, and a large crowd followed him. 12 A funeral procession was coming out as he approached the village gate. The young man who had died was a widow’s only son, and a large crowd from the village was with her. 13 When the Lord saw her, his heart overflowed with compassion. “Don’t cry!” he said. 14 Then he walked over to the coffin and touched it, and the bearers stopped. “Young man,” he said, “I tell you, get up.” 15 Then the dead boy sat up and began to talk! And Jesus gave him back to his mother.

16 Great fear swept the crowd, and they praised God, saying, “A mighty prophet has risen among us,” and “God has visited his people today.” 17 And the news about Jesus spread throughout Judea and the surrounding countryside.

if He was not one then He would have denied it and corrected them too.

He is more than just a prophet, agreed, but this was part of His mission too, not taking away anything form Him being God in the flesh either.

14. Valerie F profile image60

And I think it's awfully arrogant of you to assume that I had the answers spoon-fed to me and didn't come to my conclusions having read multiple translations of "my own" book, made an attempt at learning a couple of the original languages, carefully considered its content, investigated Christianity as well as myriad other belief systems including atheism, and made a logical deduction that Christianity's best.

You don't know me, and you don't know why I believe what I do, so you fall back on the readiest stereotype at your disposal.

At least I don't assume that people who disagree with me don't think for themselves.

But you did say something that sounded very close to judging Christianity by the people who fail to follow its teachings. I'm sorry if I was off the mark, and I'll forgive you for overreacting and insulting me.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
      Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL

Now you know what it feels like. wink

And I do not need or want your "forgiveness." big_smile

Those who don't want and don't think they need forgiveness have a horrible tendency to not get it when they do in fact need it.

Exactly my point.

Would you like me to forgive you? wink

15. Valerie F profile image60

Didn't I apologize?

So - do you want forgiveness? LOL

No need to apologize either. I am used to being spoken to with an underlying assumption that I have not done any investigating, have not given it any thought and have not read the bible. And that I have just arbitrarily decided I "don't like" the "true message," I am being given. 

What I try and do is behave in exactly the same way towards people who make those assumptions. Just like you asked me to - if you remember our last discussion about "doing unto others." big_smile

You're off the mark there because I never assumed you never did any investigation or gave it any thought. I did assume that you let "people like" Judah's Daughter rather color your perception of Christianity, but that was based on your own post.

And I never asked you to behave exactly the same way you think I acted toward you. The Golden Rule is not to do unto others as they do unto you.

I am grateful to people like Judah's daughter for teaching me the true value of the bible and the ability to discern that there is no such thing as a god.

And I see that you too have rewritten the bible to suit yourself.

There is a big difference between "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and "not to do unto others as they do unto you." wink

Guess what the bible actually says?

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. Matthew 7:12

Mark KnowlesI am grateful to people like Judah's daughter for teaching me the true value of the bible and the ability to discern that there is no such thing as a god.

And I see that you too have rewritten the bible to suit yourself.

There is a big difference between "do unto others as you would have them do unto you," and "not to do unto others as they do unto you." wink

Guess what the bible [i wrote:

actually[/i] says?

Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them. Matthew 7:12

Same thing. If you want people to assume you are an intelligent and reasonable human individual and to treat you accordingly, you have to treat them the same way.

Also, the gist of "not to do unto others as they do unto you" is found in Matthew 5:38-39, in Jesus' teaching against retaliation.

It helps to take every verse of the Bible in context. If you think the Golden Rule allows for retaliation, or even if you like when people exact revenge against you for all slights, real or imagined, you are taking the Golden Rule out of context.

Who's rewriting the Bible?

1. tantrum profile image61
              tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Same thing. If you want people to assume you are an intelligent and reasonable human individual and to treat you accordingly, you have to treat them the same way.

Also, the gist of "not to do unto others as they do unto you" is found in Matthew 5:38-39, in Jesus' teaching against retaliation.

It helps to take every verse of the Bible in context. If you think the Golden Rule allows for retaliation, or even if you like when people exact revenge against you for all slights, real or imagined, you are taking the Golden Rule out of context.

didn't you know that  almost all the New Testament, when translated from aramee to greek lost a lot of meaning and then when translated from greek to latin, almost everything was fixed to look acceptable in the eyes of the Church? And I'm not going to mention what happened when translated from greek to english ! In the Old Testament what it's stated is ' an eye for and eye and a tooth for a tooth'. And that were supposed to be God's Words!   So if you chose to believe in that Book. Well... what can I say ?! big_smile

2. Mark Knowles profile image58

Why should I treat some one as intelligent and reasonable if they are not behaving in those way?

Do you think they will magically become intelligent and reasonable if I do?

Yes _ I know how to take the bible in context thank you. It would help if you were a little less condescending as well. It is not really my fault that almost every other member of your cult refers to "The Golden Rule" as being "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you,"

http://www.keyway.ca/htm2001/20010313.htm
            http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Where_is_the_ … _the_Bible
            http://www.essex1.com/people/paul/bible … -rule.html

Now - you are saying "Oh, not that Golden Rule - the Other Golden Rule," lol , that means I have not taken what you said in context. Because I do not know how to do that?

Valerie F wrote:

The Golden Rule is not to do unto others as they do unto you.

Seriously - make your mind up. wink

No

There is absolutely no indecision on my part. Perhaps I should have clarified with quotation marks. The Golden Rule is not "Do unto others as they do unto you."

And I have not behaved in a condescending manner yet. You on the other hand seemed start off with an assumption of other people's intellectual inferiority on the basis of their beliefs. I was willing to give you the benefit of the doubt, but the more I read of your posts on this matter, the more it seems to me that, as I see often is the case, the arrogance you see in other people may only be a reflection of your own. I'm still willing to admit I might be wrong, but I'm awaiting proof.

So - why did you apologize?

And what is the "golden rule" exactly?

And you have not given me the benefit of the doubt. Merely reacted against the way I showed you the way you are.

Which it seems you do not like.........

• Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol Thanks for the giggles!

• pylos26 profile image69
    pylos26posted 14 years ago

It has been the scheme of the Christian church, and of all the other invented systems of religion, to hold man in ignorance of the Creator, as it is of Government to hold man in ignorance of his rights. The systems of the one are as false as those of the other, and are calculated for mutual support. The study of theology, as it stands in Christian churches, is the study of nothing; it is founded on nothing; it rests on no principles; it proceeds by no authorities; it has no data; it can demonstrate nothing; and it admits of no conclusion. Not any thing can be studied as a science, without our being in possession of the principles upon which it is founded; and as this is not the case with Christian theology, it is therefore the study of nothing.

Really?

• HOOWANTSTONO profile image60
    HOOWANTSTONOposted 14 years ago

It is amazing to see people arguing, debating, about things they dont believe in....lol...cool

• Sara Tonyn profile image61
    Sara Tonynposted 14 years ago

I was raised Catholic and considered myself a Christian. Then I studied world religions a bit in college and found it fascinating! After sorting through everything I now consider myself a pantheist...who follows many Judaic and Buddhist teachings...and who has a deep appreciation for the Koran (Qur'an).

Yes, I'm a religion mutt!

Anyway, there are two things I believe to be true. First, people tend to know very little about religions outside of their own and thus they often suffer from misconceptions and misunderstandings about the beliefs and teachings of other religions. Second, most of the major religions are far more similar than not when it comes right down to it. It's always about being a good person, loving one another and believing there's something greater than us out there somewhere.

The problem is, most organized religions are based on some type of fear and/or guilt and that allows extremism to take hold, which in turn leads to hatred and violence. And that explains why religion is always somehow, in some way at the heart of every war.

You may now commence throwing stones at me!  smile

• profile image0

I love how people keep talking about the Bible. Do they not realize that the Bible was not written by God or Jesus himself? But by those who claim were with Jesus when he was on Earth? How do we know that those men didn't change anything, write what they wanted to write, not what Jesus actually meant? They could have easily played the telephone game with the Bible. or even better yet just put what THEY believed not what Jesus believed at all. So why do people always quote the Bible when it could be completely wrong since it was written by imperfect human beings, not God or Jesus himself?

1. Misha profile image64

Because they've been taught to smile

1. profile image0

Very true Misha...I was taught that as well but I have since then figured it out and have stopped. well I never quoted from the Bible to get my point across but you know what I mean smile

1. Misha profile image64

Absolutely, I can totally relate. I had the "History Of The Communist Party" instead of the Bible, not much difference really smile

1. glendoncaba profile image73
            glendoncabaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Big difference.  One is based on dialectical materialism (if communist), the other on the sovereignty of God.

1. earnestshub profile image80
              earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I agree Misha lol

Come-on Misha. I studied Lenin in university. I noticed that Lenin used Bible and twisted it. They were no able even to be original. Soviet code of ethics copied the Ten commandment but removed God from it. No originality. Marx copied destruction of system. He copied it from Serpent. He was Satanic worshiper. Did you know that?
              Vladimir. God loves you and me too.

2. Shaul Stein profile image59

well when Messiah said "you search the scriptures because you think you have life in them, but I tell you they speak of Me"

If He said Himself they spoke of Him and made no corrections, then I think that is proof enough that He knew they were yes, hand written by men, and yet inspired by God.

Like a musician who is inspired to write a song, he just writes it down and plays it, he is not the source of the inspiration but the one who the inspiration comes out through in human form and then he shares it with all others to hear.

• profile image0

I wonder who is going to attack us this time, Misha, for speaking the actual truth about the Bible lol

• Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

My bet is on Mike (Make Money), he is specializing on commies to the point of becoming a commie himself big_smile

1. profile image0

Well putting that up wil definitely get your butt chewed out lol. You live with no fear. You're my hero Misha hehehehe

• Misha profile image64
    Mishaposted 14 years ago

Awww, thank you smile

To be frank though, Mike is not too scary smile

• profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

Being the 100% true blue Christian that I am, I will be perfectly comforted by the knowledge that everyone's questions concerning the true nature of God and his judgment will be put to rest on the last day when we all come to see him. wink

• Valerie F profile image60

I apologized in case I was wrong about you.

So - what is the "golden rule" then?

"Do unto others whatever you would have them do to you." From Mathew 7:12.

The footnote associated with that passage cites Jewish sources of around that time as elaborating on the Golden Rule with a negative corollary, "That which is offensive to you, do not do to others."

Luke 6 elaborates even further, placing the Golden Rule within the context of benevolence even or especially toward one's enemies. "For if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?" immediately follows the Golden Rule there.

So - you do not know what the golden rule is? Or would you care to obfuscate it some more? Perhaps we could make a few more references?

Maybe you could put it into one single sentence? Because clearly you do not want others to do unto you as you do unto them. It must be very annoying when they do.

So - one sentence - what is the golden rule?

I am not sure if it is best to fallow golden rule.

My rule would be: Do not harm others. Love them as you love yourself. I think it is diamond rule.

• Shaul Stein profile image59

i think that the golden rule is exactly what it says.

"do unto others as you would have them do unto you"

i might add "no matter what" smile

or "even if they do not do unto you as you would to them" big_smile

Matt 7:12
    So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

Does it means if someone will kill you child you will kill his? :-).

Try to understand the meaning of "do unto others as you would have other do unto you."
        An eye for and eye makes the whole world blind.

Matt 23:6 "You blind Pharisee, cleanse first that [which is] within the cup and platter, that the outside of them may be clean also.'

Luke 17:21 "You won't be able to say, `Here it is!' or `It's over there!' For the Kingdom of God is among you.*"

Footnote:
    * Or within you.

Greek: entos

1) within, inside

a) within you i.e. in the midst of you

b) within you i.e. your soul

Matt 7:12
    So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

1. Make  Money profile image66
      Make Moneyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That verse you quoted is actually Matt 7:12 Shaul.

It's similar to Luke 6:31.

Valerie has already put it in proper context by mentioning what is in the verses that follow it.

Verse 38 in the same chapter of Luke basically sums it up.

"Give, and it shall be given to you: good measure and pressed down and shaken together and running over shall they give into your bosom. For with the same measure that you shall mete withal, it shall be measured to you again."

Luke 6:31 Do to others as you would like them to do to you.

thanks for the correction on 17 and not 7

• Make  Money profile image66
    Make Moneyposted 14 years ago

Your welcome.  The other way around, 7 not 17. smile

I see that you and Valerie basically agree with each other, in different words 11 posts back too.

• Judah's Daughter profile image78
    Judah's Daughterposted 14 years ago

Has any other prophet than Jesus Christ raised himself from the dead and did they appear to their followers and ascend into heaven before their eyes?  Even Buddha?  Mohammed?  You men that claim you are divine or will be divine, do you have no sin to be worthy to forgive sins of anyone, let alone yourself, to save mankind?  Will you be the one to raise yourself from the dead unto eternal life?

ummmm, well, hummm??...no big_smile

Did you see Jesus ascend into heaven?

Yes I will go and sit in the kingdom of god which is rightfully mine, its my home.

Did you see Jesus ascend into heaven?

Have you ever being in court? Were ever judge and juries present in the scene-crime? Still they judge according to witness. When your sin are taken away you also know God and "see God's glory". How can you an intelligent person as such a question?

Valery

The Bible clearly said we should not call anybody father (I guess except your dad). I am more father than any single Catholic priest. The problem is that people fall in love into tradition. Jesus said that tradition make Word of God in no effect. Then church became religion.

I do understand your point about Petros and Petra. Jesus knew Greek but He spoke Aramaic.
        The point in that text is that Jesus did not founded His Church on man, Peter, but on Revelation (revealed)  Word of God. Greek text clarified it that Peter [Petros], is small insignificant stone, and Petra is massive mountain Rock (Petra) the WORD which is "You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God (Mt 16:16). It was not revealed by flesh (Kephas) but from above.
        I have a hub ready which is translated from Slovak I wrote it long time ago. Please fallow Greek text, not commentaries.
        That's all. Love ya.
        PS I hope you’ll accept my humble opinion.

wow....over 300 posts in no time at all big_smile
    started 2 days ago.

Yes - people do like a good fight over which irrational belief system is the best. Congratulations on starting yet another fight over religion. Your invisible super being must be very proud of you. wink

You are sure to go to heaven.

big_smile  facilitator   mad

• rosariomontenegro profile image68
    rosariomontenegroposted 14 years ago

Even though I am a Buddhist (at least I try to be), I have just a small answer for Juda's Daughter. Lord Buddha showed the appearance of death, no doubt, as documented by his disciples accounts and iconography.
    Nevertheless, other Buddhist Yogis and Yoginis, not only one but several of them, men and women, left this world with their bodies and passed with their bodies to some paradise or other (of which there are many).
    They were able to do this probably because of the same reason that Jesus did: theirs wasn't anymore an ordinary body. Jesus got out of the sepulchre with a transfigured body, so much so that Saint Mary Magdalene, his first witness, didn't recognize him at the beginning. These yogis I'm talking about had at the end of their lives on Earth a body that they had work hard to entirely transform and thus were able to walk away from this world in their body, or with their body, literally.
    To come from the dead and to resurrect others is not an exclusive characteristic of Jesus either. Others have done it through the centuries.
    This does not diminish in the least the divinity of Lord Jesus, whom I love and revere with utmost respect.
    Of course I also believe in the divinity of myself and others --at least as a potentiality. I think Mohitmisra would agree with this one.

Yes I do agree,I have come across god and know for a fact that he exist in all.
      "The kingdom of god is within" Jesus
      Shiv ho hum- I am Shiva
      The master are not lying to you about god being within you,that your true or inner or higher self is the Light. smile
      You can become this Light, your true home when you die meaning ascend to heaven. smile
      This is the moment called Death Point by the Buddhists, the moment the soul leaves the body.

gosh Mark, i see you in here everyday, you must like a good fight too

mad   mad   mad

I am just trying to educate the needy. wink

so are we Mark big_smile

Mohitmisra, could you please give us some website where they talk about this Babaji of the Himalayas? First news. But I'm not surprised, how many holy beings live among us without us recognizing them? I'm sure a whole bunch of them.
    Thank you in advance.

http://www.lifepositive.com/Spirit/trad … hayogi.asp

http://www.cosmicharmony.com/Sp/Babaji/Babaji.htm

http://sacredimages-ami.com/babaji.html

Babaji urged the people to "follow the religion that is in your heart." He said "every religion leads to the same divine goal"

Yes there have been and are many holy ones doing their work on this planet. smile

HEY MARK !!! big_smile

even if you hate me, you must admit that my topics gather more posts than all the others smile

like right now, 8 out of the top 10 are mine.

i'd say that is good marketing. big_smile

Thank you Mohitmisra! You are very kind.
    And thanks to the holy ones that were and always are around us until we all become like them.
    Thank you Shaul Stein for the thread and Mark for being the relentless champion of reason que je n'aimerais pas compter parmi mes ennemis :>)

You are welcome rosariomontenegro and yes the purpose of life is to become a master. smile

I will post now something from this mysterious saint of the Himalayas, Babaji. I hope this might help some individuals to respect the beliefs of others.

A man who was well versed in religious scriptures once came to Babaji Maharaj and wanted to know what was meant by the "cosmic body of God." Babaji rarely spoke and characteristically kept his silence and continued to sit quietly. But after a while he said: "Close your eyes and worship God for some time, and then open your eyes."

The man did as he was instructed. He closed his eyes and meditated on God for a while and then opened his eyes. As he looked around, everywhere he looked he saw Babaji Maharaj and everything he saw became Babaji Maharaj. Then Babaji said quietly: "No one can really define God by reading the scriptures."

Thank you for posting this which is so true.One may read the Bible, Quran or Bhagwat Gita a million times but will still not understand god unless he comes across God, the Light for himself or herself.

• Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Mark, faith is evidence unseen.

Thats it in a nutshell, well basically.

Kiwi - I know what faith is.

"Faith is believing something you know ain't so." big_smile

No evidence involved.......

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Half right ~~> believing something you dont know big_smile

Every time you step onto a plane ,you have faith in the pilot ,right?
        Where is your evidence ,you dont know whose sitting there?

You have faith in the 'unknown' yes big_smile

LOL

I don't fly. I believe the only reason planes stay in the air is when more than 50% of the passengers believe it will. When you pass the magic number of 51% who don't believe - it will crash.

This business of air pressure differentials - I don't buy it. And as for properly training pilots. Nah. Not enough evidence. lol

• tantrum profile image61
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Ontological, sounds very important...but doesn't count as evidence for anything. Metaphysichs are assumptions

• Fairbear profile image58
    Fairbearposted 14 years ago

Just joining in here. To answer the original post I can only list the four faiths in order of most respected to most hated.

Judaism, Islam, Catholicism, Christianity

wouldn't Protestantism be a better word than Christianity?

3 days and about 350 posts later I'd still like to say I am glad Messiah did not come to start a new religion or give name to one, nor did His Apostles.

He simply said "follow Me" and He never mentioned following any other so called "masters" either.

He said I AM THE WAY....not "Me and 42 others lead you to the same place"
    The reason they wanted Him dead was for this and other statements where He referred to Himself as God. smile

Isaiah 9:6-7 [6] For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

John 10:31-33  (point made right here)

[31] Again the Jews picked up stones to stone him, [32] but Jesus said to them, "I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?"   [33] "We are not stoning you for any of these," replied the Jews, "but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God."

Did Jesus say He was God? Jesus claimed equality with the God the Father. "Jesus said to them, 'My Father is always at his work to this very day, and I, too, am working.' For this reason the Jews tried all the harder to kill him; not only was he breaking the Sabbath, but he was even calling God his own Father, making himself equal with God" (John 5:17-18).

I am glad to go to sleep and see it in the top discussions and wake up to find it there still. Happy that everyone is talking somewhat peacefully.

big_smile smile big_smile

• Eaglekiwi profile image73
    Eaglekiwiposted 14 years ago

Oh shaking my head at all the big fancy words, goodness gracious great balls of fire lol

Head Knowledge v Heart Knowledge

Heart of the matter , matter of the heart smile

Relativity smile Not relevant?

interesting ain't it? big_smile

• Play Free Games profile image57
    Play Free Gamesposted 14 years ago

This is a tough question. 
    The most important question is where your stance on beliefs and the way you live your life if you were to die today.
    Each religion is different on who goes to hell/heaven for what you believe in.
    The sad part about this is what I believe in for myself going to heaven means other religions won't be going to the same place. Many people do not want to say this as they want to be politically correct.

i am real happy Messiah was NOT politically correct big_smile

Play Free Games, you sound nostalgic for human unity. Of course, a good heart is broken with the idea of some going to heaven and others to hell. Don't be sad. In the end we are all going to end up in the same indescribably happy place. We shouldn't worry so much about dogmas. Let's just be good to all beings, try to taste the happiness that is the silent nature of things, and then everything's going to be ok for all. It's going to be ok for all, sooner or later.

By the way, you give a very sound recipe, to live as if we were to die today.

The same devil said:
      Worship me and I will give you everything for free.

the scriptures do NOT teach the doctrine of "all are included"

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
      Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Which scriptures are correct?

The Bible?
      The Qur'ran?

Who does the Qur'ran say Jesus is?

How is salvation reached if not via Jesus?

which ones are you referring to?
        a lot of religions have scripture.

Shaul, I suppose your statement about "Scriptures do not teach the doctrine of 'all are included'" refers to my last post.
    Well, I don't know what to say about this. I'm not a Protestant so my knowledge of scripture is limited :>)
    Nevertheless it's generally admitted that Orthodox Christians, that are the oldest surviving form of the Christian faith, do not believe in a hell forever. Some historians are of the opinion that the idea of Purgatory (a relatively "young" concept that arose only in the Catholic Church) appeared as a type of competition with the Orthodox Church, a way to offer something similar to the Catholic brethren, a finite hell, a place of fire that does not last forever.

I think you understand where I'm going.

If hell is in the end something that will not survive the end of times, or, as an Orthodox bishop told me once, "Don't you understand that the word eternity belongs to the concept of time and that God is not bound by time?" --this to explain why the concept of eternity of hell is not what we think it is-- if this holds some truth then ... where are the damned all going to go, if their abode is going to dissolve?

Anyway, my scriptural knowledge is rather limited but you know what we Buddhists say? Any small piece of Dharma tastes the same ... like nectar. In these spiritual matters sometimes to understand a little scripture, to humbly follow some small spiritual instruction, is enough to give you wisdom sooner or later.

I think we should all follow a doctrine of "all are included". I am persuaded that every religion has the basis for this, albeit it's going to be beautifully variegated in its expression. Allelluiah!

Romans 9:14-24

14 Are we saying, then, that God was unfair? Of course not!

15 For God said to Moses,

“I will show mercy to anyone I choose,
          and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.”

16 So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it.

17 For the Scriptures say that God told Pharaoh, “I have appointed you for the very purpose of displaying my power in you and to spread my fame throughout the earth.”

18 So you see, God chooses to show mercy to some, and he chooses to harden the hearts of others so they refuse to listen.

19 Well then, you might say, “Why does God blame people for not responding? Haven’t they simply done what he makes them do?”

20 No, don’t say that. Who are you, a mere human being, to argue with God? Should the thing that was created say to the one who created it, “Why have you made me like this?”

21 When a potter makes jars out of clay, doesn’t he have a right to use the same lump of clay to make one jar for decoration and another to throw garbage into?

22 In the same way, even though God has the right to show his anger and his power, he is very patient with those on whom his anger falls, who are destined for destruction.

23 He does this to make the riches of his glory shine even brighter on those to whom he shows mercy, who were prepared in advance for glory.

24 And we are among those whom he selected, both from the Jews and from the Gentiles.

He is Omniscient, Omnipresent and Omnipotent !!!

And He for sure does NOT ANSWER TO YOU AND OR ME !!!

Very well friend. I have a question. Do you speak Hebrew? If yes, I need help. But now I am going sleep.

The hell is permanent separation from God. There will be everything what person do not like.

• earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I don't believe in you or your god. You are neither hubber nor participator. You have zilch credibility and not enough decency to have a real identity. You are just another zealot trying to ram their bullshit down others necks! smile

You do the same.

1. UpHisAss profile image59
        UpHisAssposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent work Uhri. Keep it up.

yeah we known you do not believe....point made.

• earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Don't you mean your unique super being?

1. video lost profile image59
      video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Your's as well

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not bloody likely! smile smile

Here is a name you cannot mess with or change. It is the name He gave to Moses when He was asked "what is your name?"

י ה ו ה    Y H V H

this is NOT allah

Stands for the same thing God which is something both of you have no idea about.

2. video lost profile image59

what is Y H V H ???

THE GREAT I AM

Where does it written in your Bibles ???

anytime you see the term THE LORD....and when He was talking to Moses and was asked for His name in Exodus. 6:2-3
            God spoke to Moshe, and said to him, "I am the LORD;

and I appeared to Avraham, to Yitzchak, and to Ya`akov, as El Shaddai; but by my name YHVH I was not known to them.

וָאֵרָא אֶל־אַבְרָהָם אֶל־יִצְחָק וְאֶֽל־יַעֲקֹב בְּאֵל שַׁדָּי וּשְׁמִי    יְהוָה    לֹא נֹודַעְתִּי לָהֶֽם׃

Ex 15:3   YHVH   יְהוָה  is a warrior; yes, YHVH   יְהוָה  is his name!

Shaul,

PLEASE DO NOT DECIEVE LAYMEN WITH WRONG INTERPRETATION OF YHVH. Bible was not revealed in English.

YHVH is a tetragramation that is a 4 letter word for YeHoVaH. Y H W H occur in the Hebrew (Jewish) Scriptures 6,823 times in combination with the word "Elohim;" 156 times in the booklet called Genesis alone. This combination YHWH/ELOHIM has been consistently translated in the English Bible as "Lord God," which is WRONG. So what is YHWH and what is ELOHIM ???

YHWH (YeHoVaH):

Since the Jews were not eloquent or fluent in the word YHWH for centuries, and since even the Chief Rabbis could not allow the unspeakable to be heard, they had surrendered the right to claim dogmatically how the word is to be sounded.

We have to seek the aid of the Arab to revive Hebrew, a language which had once died out. In every linguistic difficulty recourse has to be made to Arabic, a sister language, which has remained alive and viable. Racially and linguistically, the Arabs and the Jews have a common origin, going back to Father Abraham. Note the startling resemblance between the languages in the following.

HEBREW  ; ARABIC ; ENGLISH
              Elah    ; Ilah   ; god
              Ikhud   ; Ahud   ; one
              Yaum    ; Yaum   ; day
              Shaloam ; Salaam ; peace
              Yahuwa  ; Ya Huwa ; oh he

YHWH or Yehova or Yahuwa all mean the very same thing. "Ya" is a vocative and an exclamatory particle in both Hebrew and Arabic, meaning Oh! And "Huwa" or "Hu" means He, again in both Hebrew and Arabic. Together they mean Oh He! So instead of YHWH ELOHIM, we now have Oh He! ELOHIM.

ELOHIM:

The suffix "IM" of the word "ELOHIM" is a plural of respect in Hebrew. Remember that in Arabic and Hebrew there are two types of plurals. One of numbers and the other of honor as in Royal proclamations. Since the plural of honor is uncommon in the language of the European, they have confused these plurals to connote a plurality in the "godhead," hence their justification for their Doctrine of the Holy Trinity - the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

Hence ELOHIM = ELOH + IM.

Now do you see the words: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM? As a language learning exercise, remove the left and right most letters "YA" meaning oh! and "IM" a plural of respect. What you now have remaining is Huwa Eloh or Huwa Elah.

El in Hebrew means god, and Elah or Eloh also stands for the same name – god. Therefore, "Huwa el Elah" or HUWA 'L LAH, which is identical to the Quranic expression – Huwal lah hu (meaning: HE IS ALLAH) of the verse QUL HUWAL LAH HU AHUD Say: He is Allah the One and Only; (Holy Quran 112:1)

Now from the above account it’s very clear that 
              YHWH/ELOHIM is not equal to Lord God

In fact,

YHWH/ELOHIM is equal to Oh He is Allah

After all this tell me why the cult Jehovah's Witnesses mispronounced the word YeHoWaH to JeHoWah. Where this J came from ???

1. JonTutor profile image61
                JonTutorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

My guess was right.... in Israel cancer topic.... I guessed video lost = Usmanali... this interpretation gives me an idea.... starting new topic now.

The words are from your Islamic prospective. I would like to remain you that European kings call themselves in plural "we" on the basis of Bible and not opposite. God did not imitated kings of Europe.
                The word, Elohim is plural, you are right "-im" means plural grammatical part. let say "ben" is son. Plural is "banim"
                Female gender is ending with "ot".  The singular name of God is El, plural is Elohim. The meaning of ELOHIM means three or more. There is another form according to one existing Hebrew dictionary I did not found it yet (I mean the name, author and publisher). The form is "El***" which mean strictly two. The reason for lack of publicity is that Jewish religious leaders do not wants us to know. They still have veil on heir faces. But I love them dearly.
                BTW Biblical God has 100 names.
                Vladimir

Vladimir,

You did'nt read my post at all. Read it again.

The suffix "IM" of the word "ELOHIM" is a plural of respect in Hebrew. Remember that in Arabic and Hebrew there are two types of plurals. One of numbers and the other of honor as in Royal proclamations. Since the plural of honor is uncommon in the language of the European, they have confused these plurals to connote a plurality in the "godhead," hence their justification for their Doctrine of the Holy Trinity - the Father, Son and Holy Ghost.

I read you well. I just have different Biblical view. We do not have three Gods. We have only One God. Nobody exactly understand God. Tri-nity means tri-une. Uno is one.
                    It is not matter of brain but heart, spirit. One can only believe in God and love God.

Exodus 3:14  And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

The verse which you quoted, where is YHVH in this verse ???

1. Judah's Daughter profile image78

We've already covered that YHVH is YeHoVaH, correct?  While this verse in Exodus is stated "And Elohiym said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you", let's now look at the definitions of Elohiym and Jesus, than confirm with a verse that proves that Yehovah is Elohiym, and that Jesus is Yehovah:

God (Hebrew): elohiym (el-o-heem’); plural of 433; gods in the ordinary sense; but spec. used (in the plural, thus especially with the article “the”) of the supreme God.

Jesus (Greek): Iesous (ee-ay-sooce') meaning Yehoshua, the name of our Lord and two (three); same as Hebrew #3091 Yehowshuwa meaning Yehovah saved.

Hosea 13:4 "Yet I have been the LORD (Yehovah) your God (Elohiym) since the land of Egypt; and you were not to know any god except Me, for there is no Savior besides Me."

If Yehovah-Elohiym is the only Savior based on Hosea 13:4, then note what the New Testament states about Jesus: Acts 4:12: "And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men, by which we must be saved".

Yehovah is Elohiym and is "I AM".  Note what Jesus says in John 8:58 “Jesus said to them, ‘Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was born, I AM.’” Notice He did not say, "I WAS". "I AM" is the very name of GOD.

For anyone within or outside of this forum, I do have hubs called "God is One: The Trinity Explained" and "Who Do You Say That I AM" that gives much more on these two subjects, proving the Godhead (Oneness) of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost and also proving that in Jesus dwelt the fulness of the Godhead bodily.  Jesus is God in the flesh with us.  AMEN.

Dear,

This verse which you mentioned is one of the others commonly used to support the divinity of Jesus (peace be upon him). The verse is 

John 8:58: “Jesus said unto them, ‘Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am.’ ” 

This verse is taken to imply that Jesus (pbuh) existed prior to his appearance on earth. The conclusion drawn from it is that Jesus must be God, since his existence predates his birth on earth. However, the concept of the pre-existence of the prophets, and of man in general, exists in both the Old Testament, as well as in the Qur‘aan. Jeremiah described himself in The Book of Jeremiah 1:4-5 as follows:

“ 5Now the word of the Lord came to me saying, 5 ‘Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you; I appointed you a prophet to the nations.’ ”

Prophet Solomon is reported in Proverbs 8:23-27, to have said, “23Ages ago I was set up at the first, before the beginning of the earth. 24When there were no depths I was brought forth, when there were no springs abounding with water, 25Before the mountains had been shaped, before the hills, I was brought forth; 26before he had made the earth with its fields, or the first of the dust of the world 27When he established the heavens, I was there.” 

According to Job 38:4 and 21, God addresses Prophet Job as follows:

“4Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding... 21You Know, for you were born then, and the number of your days is great!”

In the Qur‘aan, Chapter al-A‘raaf, (7):172, God informed that man existed in the spiritual form before the creation of the physical world.

“When your Lord gathered all of Aadam’s descendants [before creation] and made them bear witness for themselves, saying: ‘Am I not your Lord?’ They all replied: Yes indeed, we bear witness. [That was] so you could not say on the Day of Judgement: ‘We were unaware of this.’ ”

Consequently, Prophet Jesus Christ’s statement, “Before Abraham was, I am,” cannot be used as evidence of his divinity. Within the context of John 8:54-58, Jesus is purported to have spoken about God’s knowledge of His prophets, which predates the creation of this world.

I did not claim there is YHVH. But read the Bible and will find plenty WHVH ELOHIM Lord your God.

But my previous posts made it very clear that the translators mistranslated YHWH/ELOHIM

YHWH/ELOHIM is not equal to Lord God

In fact,

YHWH/ELOHIM is equal to Oh He is Allah

Bramha, Allah, Jevovah, Vishnu, Ahuramazda, Shiva...

Whats in a name?
                    A way to identify the same,
                    Geography, language is mainly to blame.

Your glory is such,
                    Man asks for too much.

• Post a Reply
    jump to first post

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
    Necessary
    HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
    LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
    Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
    AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
    HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
    Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
    CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
    Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
    Features
    Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
    Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
    Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
    PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
    MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
    Marketing
    Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
    Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
    Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
    Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
    Statistics
    Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
    ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
    Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
    ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)