Mormonism

Jump to Last Post 1-13 of 13 discussions (55 posts)
  1. neocobra5 profile image61
    neocobra5posted 14 years ago

This religion interests me. Can anyone give me their opinions on it good or bad and some of the Mormon beliefs that prove or disprove this religion.

1. video lost profile image57
      video lostposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's a deviation of deviations and must not be followed.

1. Pearldiver profile image67
        Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well I guess as a Freemason recruiter.... You would know! Why don't you write some hubs.... so we can understand your point of view? hmm

1. frogdropping profile image76
          frogdroppingposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ohhhhh the thought PD. Scares the bejesus from some folks. They just prefer to get scary about jesus. Much easier wink

2. spiderpam profile image74
      spiderpamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Don't do it.

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
        Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Mormonism has the coolest underwear. And they believe that jesus was a liar - so - go for it dude. wink

1. spiderpam profile image74

Bye mark

2. Misha profile image63
          Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard they can have several wives? I'm all for it! lol

1. profile image50
            badcompany77posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah but they give all their money to the church and they travel around doors in pairs of 2 males, you still in ?

1. Misha profile image63

Nah, count me out then wink

1. profile image50

Thought so, always a bad side as well Misha smile

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73
                Eaglekiwiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Misha wants to be sole visitor lol

2. Lee Boolean profile image59
            Lee Booleanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

are you insane? more than one mother in law??? ???? ???

1. Misha profile image63

Umm, this just did not cross my mind. yikes Thank you! lol

1. Evolution Guy profile image59
                Evolution Guyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Several wives. Several mother's in law.

No one is seeing the positive here.

They will be too busy fighting with each other to give you a hard time.

Plus the underwear,,,,,

I'm in. lol

And they hate jesus........

1. Lee Boolean profile image59
                  Lee Booleanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

and they will discuss, in grave detail, your performance.... hmm, those underpants had better be snug...

3. spiderpam profile image74

If you want to know Jesus, you don't need a religion to do that just repent turn away from your sins ask Him to enter your heart, and trust in Jesus Christ alone for your salvation.

If you want to know the truth about LDS ask an ex-LDS member.

Truth from an Ex mormon.

Mormon vs. Christians.

Why Mormons are not Christian.

No Religion will get you to Heaven. All you need is Jesus. Be Blessed on your journey to Him.

1. Pr0metheus profile image58
        Pr0metheusposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I just laughed out loud!

Hi Badco!

1. profile image50

hi my friend, hope all is going well with you. I have decided to go back down the humor road, tis my calling !

Haha, I see no problem with that....

P.S. Half of my family is mormon - they're crazy!

Now it all makes sense.

O yea?  They weren't the ones who made me read the bible.

You were dooped by a cult and now you're bitter. They made you read they bible then tell told you couldn't really trust it so they gave you 3 other books that contradict. So you got fed up and threw the baby out with bathwater. Happens all the time. Religion is not God.

You haven't read a word I've typed.

They didn't make me read the bible.  I've never been mormon and I never will be.  I've never read the book of JCOLDS.  I believe in god.  YES, I BELIEVE IN GOD.

You don't know me, so get off your high horse.

Care to try again?  Kthxbai

2. profile image50

At least they have something to believe in my friend, sometimes in life that is half the battle. I respect anybodys belief, tis one thing I have learnt from living in a relgious divide !

I don't either, as long as they've thought about the implications of their beliefs.  Blind subservience is a recipe for disaster.

1. profile image50

Nice saying, I like it !

4. dutchman1951 profile image60
      dutchman1951posted 14 years agoin reply to this

you would do well to go to the Later Day Saints web site, and research it for yourself. That way no false stuff or rumors.

Jon

2. econtribwriter profile image55
    econtribwriterposted 14 years ago

I'm a Mormon. What do you want to know?

3. econtribwriter profile image55
    econtribwriterposted 14 years ago

Better yet... I'll write a hub about it.

4. neocobra5 profile image61
    neocobra5posted 14 years ago

better yet i would just like a general rundown on Mormon beliefs from both sides Mormon and not.

5. topgunjager profile image61
    topgunjagerposted 14 years ago

From what i've heard, they believe that magic underpants will protect them from knives, fires and all that harmful stuff, is that true?smile

1. Pearldiver profile image67
      Pearldiverposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No......... that is templeware - similar to tupperware!

6. elayne001 profile image79
    elayne001posted 14 years ago

I am a Mormon. Most people think that is the name of our church. Mormon is a nickname. The correct name of the church is The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints or LDS. We believe in the Bible as far as it is translated correctly and also in the Book of Mormon. The church has a website at: lds.org
    There you can find out much more about the church I belong to.
    The first link is "About the Church"

Regarding the comment made by topgunjager, there are many misconceptions about the LDS church. If you really want to find out, look at the website I mentioned.

Another hubber wrote about the garments at:
    http://hubpages.com/hub/whydomormonswea … armentslds

Hopefully that helps you to understand the "Mormons" better.

1. prettydarkhorse profile image61
      prettydarkhorseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thank you elayne001, will go and look at that site....

7. Bentley Life profile image60
    Bentley Lifeposted 14 years ago

Its a family thing with them They like having many women and one husband as partners. that's kool, but it can get problematic if you don't have enough training how to successfully manage this situation.

They are very successful and  exiting group families that keep to themselves and avoid US Law. They don't lke the us government that much and they think that the government are lyres.

8. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 14 years ago

Um...hubs are on HubPages, not scribd...

9. topgunjager profile image61

I read some Mormon views about dark skin, any Mormons out there want to explain?

10. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

You don't got to a Jew to find out what Catholics believe. Same with Mormons, people. Ex Mormons grind axes. It's only half true. If you want the full picture, you gotta find a Mormon. They're everywhere.

I have know lots of people who are devout Mormons. They are really no different than most religions. There are nutty zealots who would rival the fanatics in the religion forum, and there are people who just simple, down-to-earth, good neighbors. You get the whole collection of nuts with them as you do with any other religion. No difference, I think

11. torimari profile image67
    torimariposted 14 years ago

Apparently they wear some holy underwear (the men do) that must always touch their body. So if they change into fresh undies (they are like underwear with legs or something), they have to have one foot in the dirty one while they put the clean one on...once it is half way on, they can remove the old one. I don't know...my teacher talked about it, hehe.

All Mormons I've met have been pretty cool.

1. profile image50

Sounds like yer speaking from experience Tori lol !

12. profile image50
    badcompany77posted 14 years ago

Let her go my young friend, just leave it !

13. topgunjager profile image61

Can someone please explain the views of mormons towards dark skin?smile

Up until very recently they did not approve of blacks at all.  They viewed them as inferior.  This is one of the reasons my father chose not to be a Mormon.  They now renounce the idea that blacks are inferior (or at least they say they do), but I wouldn't trust that.

1. topgunjager profile image61
        topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I heard someone saying that having dark skin is being evil and that the darkness of the skin fades as a person changes and embrace God. Do they really believe that?

I don't know about the skin changing thing.  I do know they think it is a mark of sin.

1. topgunjager profile image61
            topgunjagerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thanks

Sure, just an FYI that tends to be the view of the older people (from what I've seen).  The mormons I know that are younger than 50 years old don't really have that belief.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)