Do you really believe theirs a God?

Jump to Last Post 101-122 of 122 discussions (462 posts)
  1. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

Twenty One Days it is good to see you have been keeping up with the mob.  I have been out doing some service work with our youth in the community.  It's interesting every time I check back to any responses to a post of mine it is filled with complaints about what God, which they adamantly oppose the existence of, allows to happen to the human race.  This is their primary means of discounting God, Himself.

Anyhow, I hope you have had a wonderful Saturday and hope you enjoy the rest of your weekend.  The same goes to all others who are anxiously engaged...  smile

1. earnestshub profile image81
      earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Read back through the post... TWD has not said anything decipherable for weeks! lol

1. getitrite profile image72
        getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

And he's quite obnoxious, insulting and rude!

2. profile image0
        SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then it should be an easy slam for you if you accept his offer to an intellectual debate.

3. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice to know you continue to speak of me, its flattering, fairy friend.
        alas, un-entertaining.
        all kidding and mockery aside Earnest, Knowles, Q, Quark, etc I truly think you all are just scared puppies. Scared that the believers are possibly right or scared they are possibly wrong.
        The evidence to the contrary is lacking just by your participation of specifically Christian forums.

your so right, Earnest, you attempting an actual argument with me would be foolish on your part and a complete waste of time on my part.

1. profile image53
          (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Fair enough, let's say for the sake of argument that we were scared.  Of what or whom are we to be scared? You? Your god?

If we were afraid of you, we wouldn't be just tossing all kidding and mockery aside and having these discussions. If we were afraid of your god, then we would each pick up the bible in our own way and embrace it every much as you and agree with everything you say.

What's your point?

1. profile image0

see what i mean. questions, questions, questions.
            and again, Christian targeting (your bible reference above).
            none of you provide actual answers against the non-existence.
            so, rhetorical question is: what's YOUR point.

2. profile image0

my answer:

if scared they are correct, then you feel you are in dire straits.
            if incorrect, all your bantering against them has been for nothing and you are still no better off then you were before. As mentioned to a few, if all 'atheists', 'non-believers' have to offer humanity is rhetoric and conjecture against something and no answers for something, why should any person accept your logic as worthy or even a point of absolution?

1. profile image53

You didn't answer what or whom we're supposed to be scared? Could you start there first?

1. profile image0

scared there is or there is a possibility of a single Creator.
                scared there is not, thus all for naught and nothing to argue over; nothing to cause a better humanity (based on the observations/conversations with these forums alone).

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                  Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

So why are you so scared of people who do not believe in a creator?

Sorry you are not interested in a better humanity that does not involve a belief in an invisible super being. Too bad.

See my book, "Spiritual awareness in just 12 days." lol

1. Flightkeeper profile image68
                    Flightkeeperposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Better known as "How to Argue with People Over Nothing"
                    lol lol lol

2. profile image0

first, i was not speaking to you.
                    second, you did not read the entire point. It never mentions me or we being afraid of you who do not believe.
                    case in point. just more of your usual banter, conjecture and attempt to belittle another human being. Still, you offer no alternative that is provable or substantial.

sidebar: my book is not title as you put it. and my book has nothing to do with this particular conversation. though you are looking for a 'way out' it is not going to be through me.
                    besides, unless you read the book, you have no idea what is in it, do you, Knowless? indeed.
                    perhaps accuracy is not taught in atheist circles.

2. profile image53

Like I said before, if I was scared of a god, I'd pick up the bible and thump it just as hard as you.

Why would I be scared if there wasn't a god? That's what reality demonstrates to us every single day.

All for naught? Why? Can't you find your own reasons and purpose for having been given the opportunity to live a life?

Nothing to cause a better humanity? That's rich. It is humanity that suffers from the slavery of religion, the same religion that seeks only personal salvation with a god.

Jacob Marley said it best:

"Business!" cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again.  "Mankind was my business.  The common welfare was my business; charity, mercy, forbearance, and benevolence, were, all, my business.  The dealings of my trade were but a drop of water in the comprehensive ocean of my business!"

1. profile image0

Q, i never use the 'bible' nor thump it.
                    maybe it is time you separate apples from oranges.
                    just because i personally believe in a Creator has nothing to do with books written by men. Same could be said of books about science, knitting, etc.

2. profile image0

quoting imaginary ghosts of fiction are we Q. funny how you just said everyone is doing the same thing...
                    i think my point is made.
                    it is simply "The need to Know" by whatever topical solution a person prefers: religion, science, logic, what have you.
                    it is and always will be pointless.

2. Frank Menchise profile image51
      Frank Menchiseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yes there is a god, but my God maybe slightly different from yours; and yet there is only one God throughout the universe.

1. tantrum profile image60
        tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

If there's only one God, your God is the same as everybody's
        lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
    Pandoras Boxposted 14 years ago

I'd say define god but that is where the trouble starts. People trying to define god is what messes everyhing up.

No I don't believe in a god. Except for bacchus. I believe in dionysus. One righteous dude who understood humanity.

3. zzron profile image58
    zzronposted 14 years ago

The big bang theory, God said bang and it happened.

4. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I love the megalomania! I challenge you all! Do this!
    Then proceeds to describe a process he has never been to! Pretty funny really! lol
    I could discuss nothing with this person, as he makes no sense on any level to me. I don't think he reads what he writes, cos I certainly can't!

He does have a SUBSTANTIAL THESIS though. This one is real funny. I do believe he is trying to sell a book, "Spiritual enlightenment in twenty days," or something. He certainly sounds like that was how long it took him and I don't know if it is any better than Mo's poetry. lol

lol lol I could imagine that, it is as if a peace of consciousness just don't work no more if it ever did. A huge gap between his perception and reality. I have seen a bit of it here and mo has a major dose of whatever it is. smile

5. profile image0
    Will Bensonposted 14 years ago

Maybe it's up to us to feed starving children.

www.FeedTheChildren.org

My thoughts.

6. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

again, the 'logial' attempt to spew.
    just reading back in this forum only, how many direct references to one specific group -Christians. Does anyone else find that odd?

There are MANY human beings -nearly 6.4 Billion living humans, plus all the ones that have since passed away- who believe/d in a Creator.

Yet the 'fantastic six' keep injecting just one. So its seems so called atheists are both narrow minded, racist but also segregating one group above them all.

What -dare i ask- is your constant obsession with Christians in particular. And again, if a person doesn't like Hamburgers, why go sit in the burger joint? (that is a metaphor for forums, in case your logical psyche couldn't grasp it ).

and no matter what fodder you toss at others, as believers in a Creator, you have no substantial proof to the opposite. None.

would like to see all you 'non-believers' stand in front of the 6 billion and spew that rhetoric.

7. theirishobserver. profile image62
    theirishobserver.posted 14 years ago

To most god goes by the name Dollar smile

8. profile image0
    L. Andrew Marrposted 14 years ago

As much as I hate to be pedantic but it's 'There's', not 'Theirs'

9. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

A new priest at his first mass was so nervous he could hardly speak. After mass he asked the monsignor how he had done. The monsignor replied, "When I am worried about getting nervous on the pulpit, I put a glass of vodka next to the water glass. If I start to get nervous, I take a sip."

So the next Sunday he took the monsignor's advice. At the beginning of the sermon, he got nervous and took a drink. He proceeded to talk up a storm. Upon return to his office after mass, he found the following note on his door:

1. Sip the Vodka, don't gulp.

2. There are 10 commandments, not 12.

3. There are 12 disciples, not 10.

4. Jesus was consecrated, not constipated.

5. Jacob wagered his donkey, he did not bet his ass.

6. We do not refer to Jesus Christ as the late J.C.

7. The Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are not referred to as Daddy, Junior, and the Spook.

8. David slew Goliath, he did not kick the shit out of him.

9. When David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, don't say he was stoned off his ass.

10. We do not refer to the cross as the Big T!

11. When Jesus broke the bread at the Last Supper he said, "Take this and eat it, for it is my body", he did not say, "Eat me."

12. The Virgin Mary is not referred to as the, "Mary with the Cherry".

13. The recommended grace before a meal is not: "Rub-A-dub-dub, thanks for the grub, yeah God". and finally...

14. Next Sunday there will be a taffy-pulling contest at St.Peter's, not a peter-pulling contest at St. Taffy's.

10. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

yes i hope in one . is that ok with you?

11. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

if not . piss off . and deal with it. jk jk

12. tantrum profile image60
    tantrumposted 14 years ago

Nothing bettter to do on a Sunday, Children? apart from going to Mass ?

lol lol lol

13. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

religions are ruining the idea of a god. if anyone is baseing their belief or disbelief  of the god idea on what any of them make it out to be. then their being guided  by fools and lairs. what dose that make  them ? just as foolish i think.

1. Cagsil profile image69
      Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Why is there a reason for the "idea" of a "god" need to exist? smile

Just a thought? hmm

They do not get that the two go together. I keep getting told, "I do not have a religion. I have a personal relationship with god."

Then they quote the bible at me. lol

14. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

people dream .people want there to more than  this. why do people write books or make  movies or read them or watch them .?

That just means that they are unwilling to accept the truth about their life. Thank you, I couldn't have said it any better.

As for those who write books or make movies or read them or watch them? They do these things because they are interested or want to be entertained.

The "idea" of a "god" isn't entertaining? And, there isn't anything good that can come from people unwilling to accept their own life's truth.

1. aware profile image67
        awareposted 14 years agoin reply to this

truth esp what other people think true . has a price tag on it . you can find everyones truth at the dollor store . yours too .  i dont shop there .

15. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

tant is that pic you?

Yes.
      Aren't you aware ? lol
      I think I told you before .
      Why ?

16. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

dang nice

17. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Another day, another pile of bragging and big man talk from another intellectual pygmy, some more nah nah nah, not a word of common sense, plenty of childish name calling. yep looks pretty normal in here! lol
    Twenty one minutes of lunchtime legends.
    Twentyone you couldn't win an argument with a door!

1. profile image0

oh, if that isn't the pot calling kettle black.
      or is it the nymph calling the fairy an elf.

win? so now you think it's about winning.
      what a maroon.

It is your fairy big boy! lol

1. profile image0

and it's not yours, lil man. lol

speaking of doors, there it is, now don't let it hit you in the arse on your way out. wink

I don't take orders from you or your weird god. I am sure you would like all those who don't agree with you to leave, but that only happens in your other fantasies. smile

2. Hokey profile image59
            Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

does anybody really say arse anymore?

18. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Henry Ford dies and goes to heaven. At the gates, the angel tells Ford,"Well, you've been such a good guy and your invention, the car, changed the world. As a reward, you can hang out with anyone you want in heaven."

So, Henry Ford thinks about it and says, "I wanna hang out with Adam, the first man." So, the guy at the gates points Adam out to Ford.

When Ford gets to Adam, Ford asks, "Hey, aren't you the inventor of the woman?" Adam says yes.

"Well," says Ford, "You have some major design flaws in your invention:

There's too much front end protrusion.
    It chatters at high speeds.
    The rear end wobbles too much.
    The intake is placed too close to the exhaust."
    "Hmmm...", says Adam, "hold on."

So Adam goes to the celestial supercomputer, types in a few keystrokes, and waits for the result. The computer prints out a slip of paper and Adam reads it. He then says to Henry Ford, "It may be that my invention is flawed, but according to the celestial computer, more men are riding my invention than yours."

Hi Ernest!!   big_smile

19. profile image0
    lyricsingrayposted 14 years ago

arse lol

20. goldenpath profile image66
    goldenpathposted 14 years ago

I sincerely hope everyone had a wonderful day at church.  It is always refreshing to keep the sabbath day holy.  Spending it with family and in the attitude of spiritual learning is key to the day.  If you did not go to church I still hope you had a great day as well.

Every day is a great day, simply because I woke up. smile

1. goldenpath profile image66
        goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Excellent point, Cag!  That single reason is as good as any to start any day with a positive outlook.

21. Wealthmadehealthy profile image61
    Wealthmadehealthyposted 14 years ago

"Religeon" does not teach how to know God....it is a memorized version of learning...each one and each church has it's own...This is not God.....What people do not and I repeat do not understand is that God is in us.  We are created in His image and are supposed to act as Jesus did while on this earth. 

Of course, noone follows that teaching and in fact only 120 people our of thousands believed in Him while He was on this earth....The human race as a whole has turned it's back on God...and religeon does not teach how to find Him....He is Love.  Can you say our world is filled with love???   All the starving children would not be starving if the nations as a whole leaned to God in the Bible and it's teachings of the Ten Commandments.....have you not seen the weather today..yesterday, and the weather coming upon us???   In the Bible, God states clearly the weather will be his sign...He set the rainbow in the sky after the flood of Noah to promise us He would never destroy the earth by flood again....We have destroyed ourselves by not following His Word, Jesus Christ....our very President is Muslim and denies the Word....Have any of you read Revelation????   Read Jeramiah 30....God lives today as yesterday and He will come again soon....God is in you....Are you in Him????

And, what "GOD" are you talking about?

Are you talking about the "GOD" Jesus' work speaks of?

Jesus didn't preach religion. He despised the religious leader of his time, for which, is when the bible speaks of. Even Jesus knew religion worshipped a false god.

Yet, many millions have their belief in religion's "GOD". And, the only reason people do so, is because Jesus' work was included into religion, AFTER he was executed for no crime.

Last time I checked, that means he was murdered. This means he didn't die for the sins of mankind. He died because he knew religion's "GOD" was non-existent.

When you separate Jesus' work from religion- the GOD concept goes with it. That leaves Jesus' work of love and mercy. That's it! smile

22. profile image0
    Marliza Gunterposted 14 years ago

RELIGION...WILL NOT GET ANYONE INTO HEAVEN...

Joh 5:39-42 ASV  Ye search the scriptures, because ye think that in them ye have eternal life; and these are they which bear witness of me;  (40)  and ye will not come to me, that ye may have life.  (41)  I receive not glory from men.  (42)  But I know you, that ye have not the love of God in yourselves.

KNOWLEDGE OF THE BIBLE... WILL NOT GET ANYONE INTO HEAVEN...

STUDY THE SCRIPTURES...EVEN A CHRISTIAN RELIGION BASED ON THE LETTER WILL NOT GET A CHRISTIAN INTO HEAVEN...ELO

TO ARGUE WITH SUM1 WHO HAS NO KNOWLEDGE...IS LIKE UNTO A MAN WHO BEATS INTO THE AIR HITTING NOTHING...

FOR THE DUM TO TRY AND COMMENT FOOLISHLY...IS LIKE A MAN WHO GRABS A PASSING DOG BY THE EARS...

GET SOME SORT OF FOUNDATION FIRST...ELO...

1. profile image0

yup, like I told a certain Hubber, he was straining at gnats.

2. Cagsil profile image69

You are joking about these statements? lol lol lol lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)