Revelation 20:12

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (157 posts)
  1. figment profile image72
    figmentposted 14 years ago

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and the books were opened. Another book was opened, which was the book of life.  The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books" 

Is it just a coincidence that "judgment day" (or so it sounds) falls on the Revelations 2012 in the Bible?  I mean, this wouldn't mean much to those who don't believe that something is not going to happen on December 21st 2012, but to those of us that do believe, this is a strong coincidence.

So my second question, do you believe in the ancient prophecies regarding December 21st 2012?  What do you believe?

1. Disappearinghead profile image60
      Disappearingheadposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe Holywood never lets truth get in the way of a good story.

2. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe that there will be an apocalypse for the old way of thinking that is most of the religions. I just hope that in their death throes they don't put a nuclear gun to their head and blow us away with them.

There are some uncanny things happened though, when the flat-earthers were introduced to zero in mathematics, passed across by those deeply educated trouble making Arabs, they fought against it on the grounds that to talk of nothing was to talk of the devil and open a gateway to hell. Well without zero there would be no modern science - so they were right all along. The problem with these predictions is that they always want to include everyone in their hellfire and devastation when it probably is only coming to them.

1. earnestshub profile image80
        earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nice post. The Arabs were very well educated and civilised weren't they?
        Amazing how we can wind up with the Taliban and old Arab laws from a start like that. smile

1. profile image0

Just another result of the Christian war on every other religion ? The latest being the crusades that we are still engaged in, except now it has been fired up with oil smile

1. Valerie F profile image61
            Valerie Fposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You know that the first Crusade was started to protect Christian pilgrims to the Holy Land from... well... people who were a lot less than hospitable.

And pick up a newspaper. If this were an oil war, why has the price of crude gone up? And who roped the US into the current war in Afghanistan?

And why is it that our troops there are not just Christian, but represent every religion and lack thereof.

Try to get your news from some sources other than Al Jazeera or whatever.

1. profile image0

I get my history from academic sources. And when the cultured people you refer to as 'less than hospitable' defeated the first attack they spared and quarantined the christian army, and their followers, who had promised to go home when their next lot of ships arrived. When reinforcements arrived on those ships our morally upright christians went straight back to war and managed to win the next city - and of course murdered everyone there. This seems to have been the conduct of the whole sorry mess that we call the crusades.

2. Pandoras Box profile image60
          Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Well, then they encountered the christians.

Just so... smile

2. profile image0

Well not really, they encountered a gang of pirates on a divine mission to gain control of Jerusalem and so dominate the whole area of the mid east. This was in response to the arab conquerors which had previously made it all the way into europe, not so long really after The Mongolians did the same. Now we have a gang of pirates on a divine mission to control oil supplies behaving in the same way. Nothing much changes I guess, and the trade religion that is christianity is still in there pretending the opposition is the devil (not you this time earnest) so that the men on the ground can go about killing people with a clear concience.

3. profile image55
      (Q)posted 14 years agoin reply to this

That is only relevant to mystery mongers and significance junkies.

4. Valerie F profile image61

I believe that Dec. 2012 is just when that particular calendar comes to an end.

It will most likely be no different than any other time we change calendars, unless somebody does something really stupid.

5. Hokey profile image62
      Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Nope!!!!!

6. AEvans profile image71
      AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It is written Matt 24:36 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."

Matt 24:42 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son, but the Father alone."

Matt 24:44 44 "For this reason you be ready too; for the Son of Man is coming at an hour when you do not think He will."

And the list goes on so I personally am not going to stress myself out over a date when the world will be coming to an end. If it does there is nothing a single person can do, so why worry about it? It is just another way for Scientists, media etc. to place fear in the hearts of man. I will continue to do what I have always done and that is love and accept people for who they are, I am certain that all of us will still be here Dec. 21,2012 we will wake up as usual on Dec. 22,2012 and the end of the year will come and go as it always does. smile

1. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

When we read this complete conversation that is recorded in Matthew 24 we will see several things that generally go unnoticed.
            First of which is that this is a PRIVATE conversation between Jesus and four of the disciples.
            When Jesus said that they will take some of YOU before the synagogue he was talking to two of the disciples that was standing before him.
            Jesus was describing A great tribulation that these four disciples were going to go through.
            "Verily I say unto YOU this generation shall not pass till all these things be fulfilled, but no one knows the day or hour"

We gotta quit misinterpretation the word of God  if we want to understand these things that he said.

2. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

I believe it is all a figment. smile

1. profile image0
      Deborah Sextonposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Figs and mint? Yummy

I love figs! Those smallish brown ones that grow on big trees. I learnt to climb trees because of figs! I still like figs, and climbing trees! lol I must add I love mint too, especially in fine dark chocolate! Double yummy! smile

2. IntimatEvolution profile image68
      IntimatEvolutionposted 14 years agoin reply to this

OMG!  I could not agree more.

3. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

There isn't anything in the bible that is actually believable. However, there are some parts I'd love to strip away from the bible and put into today's language, so people can better understand.

On that note- No, I am of the understanding that these two things just manage to be similar, but not related. Ironically. lol lol

Well if you don't understand the bible then, verily I say unto you that thou shalt cease thy reading one in Ye Olde World Englishe.

4. profile image0
    Stevennix2001posted 14 years ago

well as i always said, there's only two ways to find out if the prophecy will happen or not.  one, shoot yourself in the head and die, and if you go to heaven or hell, then yes you'll know the answer.  so who wants to find out first?  big_smile  (hands everyone a six shooter)   

if not, lets wait until december 21, 2012 at precisely 10:00pm, and find out. big_smile

1. Pandoras Box profile image60
      Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yikes big_smile

It's just another date that will pass like all the others.

1. profile image0
        sneakorocksolidposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Not without some fiber first!big_smile

5. earnestshub profile image80
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Hollywood certainly liked the big B grade epics! I believe it was Cecil B. who said. "You will never go broke under-estimating the taste of the general public" smile

Unfortunately for Roland Emmerich. I did not see that 2012 movie, most likely because I found the extended trailer for that movie entertaining enough. The very idea of escaping the pyroclastic flows at ground zero of a volcanic super-eruption, and in an RV no less, had me rolling on the floor laughing.

I have not seen it either, although I love special effects. I had the same reaction as you. smile

6. profile image0
    hamstersmessiahposted 14 years ago

Proverbs 20:12 The hearing ear, and the seeing eye, the Lord hath made even both of them.

which tells me you're reading too much into just another passage in your scriptures.  and if 20:12 was so important to biblical revelation, then why appropriate it from the Mayan tradition? after all they practiced human sacrifice and were hardly praying to your god or knew anything of him?

Cathloic superstition is still sadly present in the church.

As is a flat earth, a 6000 year old planet and David Rabbitborough's fossils were planted there by god to confuse the masses. It all adds up..... lol

1. profile image0
          hamstersmessiahposted 14 years agoin reply to this

you haven't heard of fossil crystals?  they are a naturally occurring phenomenon and the earth is not 6000 years old but older than the sun.  i was on a space station in jupiter's orbit when the earth came into the solar system.

Bang! Stardust!

1. profile image0

share?  i got some spare universes i built with my Similichron i can trade you.

2. Valerie F profile image61

Who said this is Catholic superstition? I'm Catholic, and the Church emphasizes to not get worked up about when the world will end, because we really don't know.

Could be tomorrow for all we know. Or it might not be for another several million years.

7. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i believe no one knows the day or the hour

1. profile image0
      brotheryochananposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Bible numerics are wonderful. There are so many different codes and repeated patterns of numbers. 2012 will be the start of the 'beginning of sorrows'. Watch for blood moons, when you see these (4 of them close together) pray that your flight be not in winter or on a sabbath. No man knoweth the hour but jubilee years are hard to ignore.

???? Who told you that then or are you just having a laugh?

2. Valerie F profile image61

Somehow I think the "blood moons" are metaphorical. We typically see a red moon when a large wildfire is nearby.

2. RainySunshine profile image61
      RainySunshineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

somebody knows everything. smile

I believe that people have all of the prophesy concerning diffrent events all mixed up into the same bowl.
           Concerning those things written in Matthew 24 ...
           Jesus said ..."Verily I say unto you, this generation shall not pass away untill all these things be fulfilled but no one knows the day or hour"
            He did not say that some generation almost 2000 years later...  He said  THIS generation

Sorry I was replying to another comment. about no one knows the day or hour.

3. Mamelody profile image59
      Mamelodyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

yep that pretty much sums it up

8. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

So what if you found a good relevant 4:20 passage for justifying ummm errr you know, the wacky baccy? Would that be a prophesy telling me to spark up?

I am just trying to understand this logic after a few sips of wine on an empty stomach. smile

figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

What is revelations 4:20 I'd like to know myself

1. profile image0

"Behold, I stand at the door and knock:: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come into him..."

1. profile image0

"and will sup with him, and he with me."

1. profile image0

hmmm... suddenly i have the munchies!

2. getitrite profile image71
          getitriteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No offense-That sounds gay.  Really!

Are there gay hamsters on here? How wonderfully unique! smile

9. Valerie F profile image61
    Valerie Fposted 14 years ago

Dec. 20th 2012 is just, in my opinion, the ancient Mayan New Year's Eve.

My daughter asked, regarding the people all worried about the world ending in 2012, if "they freak out about the world ending every New Year's Eve."

I haven't mentioned Y2K yet.

10. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 14 years ago

In 326 the Roman Empire established the Universal Church.
       In 380 this Religion was declared as the one and only religion of the Roman Empire.
       It eventually acquired leverage over the Emperors.
       It eventually became known as the Holy Roman Empire.
       It declared war on Islam calling it the Holy War.

This war has never really ended.
       When the sixth vial is poured out (Rev. 16:13) this war is  rekindled.
       Many believers interpret this verse in prophesy to be saying that the dragon, beast and false prophet to be co-conspirators when it does not say that. I believe that they are advisories.
       Christianity and Islam have been divided between true and false doctrines.
       It is these false doctrines that will eventually bring about the final battle.

And for reasons of my own I think that this will become evident between 2012 and 2015

1. profile image0

so which one is true and which one is false?  and what are the other doctrines doing?  cheering on the sidelines?

2. profile image0

Your reasons for thinking it would be interesting to hear. There are many possibilities - outside any prophecies - that we could actually be getting to some kind of end game - and many reasons why the next ten years could see some kind of turning point, or major change.

11. Preethi Anusha profile image69
    Preethi Anushaposted 14 years ago

this was the only topic I thought will nt find in HP forums ...

Its filled with just everything

12. Preethi Anusha profile image69
    Preethi Anushaposted 14 years ago

I'm not very sure if like its in the ancient sayings and all ...the planet wud end by 2012 ,
    bt m sure f one thing - if we live , we r gona live a miserable life with all the heat , smoke , water deficiency , terrorism , corruption  and all similar crap .. so we better end than face all this shit

13. tobey100 profile image61
    tobey100posted 14 years ago

Had to dig for that one didn't ya?  It's not anything.  The Bible is a book of law and history for God's people.  Why do we constantly try to turn it into some kind of code book?  If the world ends anytime during the year 2012, I sell everything I have and give you the money.  If it doesn't end you have to promise not to buy into every thing you see on the Discovery channel.  Deal?

14. Jerami profile image59

hamstersmessiah
    which one is true and which one is false?  and what are the other doctrines doing?  cheering on the sidelines?

I believe that the truth can be found in Prophesy.
    This is the reason that it was given.
    There are no true denominations of the faith in the one True God. The true and faithful and the false pretenders can be found in most any church or mosque.
      Jesus taught a personal relationship with the father.

1. profile image0

so your Prophesy has a monopoly on Truth?

There is no monopoly on The truth. It is kinda like the air that we breath. We can not eleminate or legislate it.
          We can only stink it up so that no one wants to breath it.

15. Jerami profile image59

china man
    reasons for thinking it would be interesting to hear. There are many possibilities - outside any prophecies - that we could actually be getting to some kind of end game - and many reasons why the next ten years could see some kind of turning point, or major change.

I believe that a time comparison is given in the book of Daniel that equates a prophetic timeline with time on earth.
      This timeline equates 42 months as being equal to approx 1642 years. I think that this (approx.) 1642 years began in 359.

1. profile image0

2001...  we're a little behind schedule aren't we?

16. Jerami profile image59

2001...  we're a little behind schedule aren't we?

This is why I noted that this is an approximation.

Because we do not know for sure when Jesus was crucified; And exactly when during the first year of Darius that the 62 weeks began this is only an estimate. A week could be equal to anywhere between 9.1 and 9.2 years.
      somewhere between 1638 and 1656 years
      Somewhere between 2001 and 2015

17. Jerami profile image59

I must also mention that this prophesy is not for the end of the world but only that the 42 months for the beast to blaspheme will be finished.

1. profile image0

that's 1642 years according to your prophecy timeline.

1. profile image0

i like how you tweak your numbers to fit your math so conveniently.

I did origionally say that this was an approximation.

The main point of the statement remains the same.
          Theologians teach that a day in prophesy is a year. Even if that were true 1260 years is a long time for the beast to blaspheme.
              How many organizations have been around that long that could qualify as the beast?

1. profile image0

didn't really want to get between you two but how many organisations have been going around 2000 years (as everything is approximation) well that will be all the major modern religions then.

OR  Maybe the beast was Nazism and it has all happened and we are in the process of change. Er Er - Or Bush?

Seriously though - don't you kinda feel that a change is happening.

I think change is coming.  I think that a faith in the God of heaven will come to light that is not burdoned by traditions ant cerimony.

18. profile image0
    Brenda Durhamposted 14 years ago

2001?

Nah, it happened in 2000.
    Remember Y2K?
    Really, all the computers crashed and time stood still and the "Left Behind" stuff happened (it's just that NO ONE knew it!)  hahaha

Well...all I know is that Christians are to be ready for that time when it does come, and sinners need to make up their minds to prepare for it too.

Hi Brenda 
        I haven't had time to get on here much.
      Was too cold and wet to work out side to day so here I am.
      Hope all is well with you

1. profile image0
        Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Jerami.
        Yeah it's been cold here too,  and I also only have limited time to browse and interrupt (haha) these forums.....

Glad you're alive and kickin' like me.  ha

(sigh) as far as all being well with me....this much I can say-----It is well with my soul.   And that's what matters!

2. profile image0

Christians aren't sinners?  Hmmm that's a new one on me.  I thought "for all have sinned" and fall short of the glory of God.

19. Jerami profile image59

Everyone has sinned and fallen short of the glory of God.  That is why we are not to judge. For; except for the grace of God there I would be. Never say that I would never do that, cause life has a way of making us eat our words.
       Under diffrent circumstances we are all capable of most anything.

1. profile image0

so you basically no longer have any sins?  in deed or thought?

Just the opposite.

1. profile image0

so basically you say there are Christian sinners and Islamic sinners and Hindu sinners and Sikh sinners, etc.  but only the Christians will be saved?

You have never read anything that I have written to imply anything like that.

1. profile image0

you said there was a true and false doctrine.  pardon me for my assumption.  you implied that the believers in the false doctrine would be destroyed.  or will they simply be forced to see the "light?"  and if they have to be forced to see the light why give us free will and the power to question?  or believe in something else?  why not simply just give us the light in the first place instead of force-feeding it to us?  others have said that love is the central tenet of the christian religion.  how can this objective be achieved by force?  enlighten me.

1. profile image0

The true and false doctrine is code for christianity is the true and Islam the false - the big hints about the dates are about Islam - the name of the beast is - yes you got it!

1. profile image0

didn't answer my question

20. Jerami profile image59

hampstermessiah asks ....
    you said there was a true and false doctrine.  pardon me for my assumption.  you implied that the believers in the false doctrine would be destroyed.  or will they simply be forced to see the "light?"  and if they have to be forced to see the light why give us free will and the power to question?  or believe in something else?  why not simply just give us the light in the first place instead of force-feeding it to us?  others have said that love is the central tenet of the christian religion.  how can this objective be achieved by force?  enlighten me

Jerami's answer ...  I know nothing ,, I sometimes think.
      If there are many doctrines of one truth can they all be true?
    It is possible that doctrine in its self is false by nature?
    As far as anyone being destroyed I don't know nOthing!
    When the "LIGHT" comes I suppose that every one will have to see it or poke their own eyes out.  ha  .
        Why did he not give us the light in the first place? I don't know, but I will say this... In my business I have always said that ya don't "KNOW" how to do anything right till you have first done it wrong. That is the difference between thinking ya know how to do something and "KNOWING" that ya do.

And yes  LOVE  is a GOOD thing when given freely.

21. profile image0

my problem with this doctrine is simple.  i believe in a god of infinite and unconditional love.  no strings attached.  this god does not force us to choose anything.  this god does not impose divisions among the creatures of their creation.  these divisions are purely man-made and my god loves us IN SPITE of the fact that we have the shortcoming of seeking to divide that which is supposed to be one.  your true and false doctrines may have their war if you choose but please leave the peace loving people of this planet out of it.

From this last statement...
      I think that   if   your God and mine couldn't be sitting side by side they would be in the same chair.

22. Jerami profile image59

china man said ...
    The true and false doctrine is code for christianity is the true and Islam the false - the big hints about the dates are about Islam - the name of the beast is - yes you got it!

NO  that is not what I was saying..  The religiousity of Christianity and Islam is the beast and false prophet.

I think that there is One God in heaven.  a relationship with the God of Abraham is not Religiousity and/or denominational.

1. profile image0

Oh - right.
      You are saying that religion itself is the beast - and I guess then that they have been promoting false doctrines. If so then I think we can all agree on that.
      What, in your prediction, comes next, what is your idea of it ?

I need to make sure that I am not misunderstood..
        When I say RELIGION is the beast I am not talking about everyone that goes to Church or mosque. But Division and doctrine.
            God Gave the beast 42 months to blaspheme  and he then sent his TWO witnesses down to the earth for 1260 days. 42 months is an approximation where 1260 days are an exact amount of time. These two witnesses are sent to these "Religions" to keep some similarity of equilibrium.
        Good and bad sitting side by side on the same pew.   

This isn't exactly what I intend to express but something close.

1. profile image0

so by my calculation this has been going on in humanity's timeline forever.  are you sure that the 1260 days haven't gone and passed a million times over?

2. profile image0

The two witnesses - what are they, or who are they ?

What do you make of the good and bad on the same pew ?

Can you elaborate on the meaning of blaspheme here ?

I actually quite like the reference of good and bad sitting on the same pew, for me that would be in  line with reasonable philosophy - there is only bad because there is good etc. Which I do ascribe to.

Maybe I should mention at this point that I think the ancient writings that have been hijacked by religions were maybe a kind of philosophy of its day and are a meta language. The trouble with any meta language is that it is easily read as real - like the metaphysical idea of moderating our behaviour as though there were a god would be mis-read by some as there actually being one. If you get my drift.

I do not presume to know the answers but I do have beliefs.
               And they make sense to me.
                Who are the two witnesses?  I don't know for sure. I know what is written that back then it was customary to have two witnesses to legalize a verbal contract and these two witnesses are said to be standing before the throne.I think that these two were witnesses of Gods covenant with Abraham. And after this covenant was replaced with the New Covenant their Job was finished. And a few hundred years later they were assigned an other Job. To stand before the two "Religions".
            To keep balance.  To keep faith in God alive.

1. profile image0

Hi Jerami - I am not asking for answers direct here, just looking for clarity about what is in your beliefs. I respect your right to believe and say what you want.

Gods covenant with Abraham was the first and the next (and I guess the last) one will be soon - I think that is what you say?  So they the witnesses are not bringing information they are just the go-between to witness the new covenant ?

Anything about how the two religions get to that point of balance?

and I am still interested in the blaspheming - what form will that take do you believe ?

It is my understanding that the Covenant with Abraham ended a little over a hundred years after the crucifixion of Jesus when that Hebrew Nation ceased to exist. With the New covenant Gentiles were adopted into the Old covenant making a new one.
                   As far as the two witnesses are concerned It would make sense to me if one went to each religion.
                or something similar to that.
                  Blasphemy is to elevate oneseelf as God.

1. profile image0

Elevate oneself above god  - Ah, like your new President, god bless him !!

Seriously, I thought that elevating oneself above god is what most religious leaders have been doing for a long time.

Yes I think that you have a good point. "THE  ONE"
                    I guess my point is that Church is OK but we should not see it, its doctrine or any denomination so highly that we loose focus of God.

2. earnestshub profile image80

I thought all of mankind would be "elevated above" the biblical psycho except maybe hitler and Stalin! smile

23. profile image0

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9
    A   B   C  D   E  F   G  H   I
    J   K   L   M   N  O  P  Q  R
    S  T   U   V   W  X   Y  Z

if you look under the numbers 666 you see the word FOX.  yes Michael J. Fox is the evil anti-Elvis as prophesied by Mojo Nixon and the Toad Liquors in his song "Elvis Is Everywhere" and we are all moving toward greater Elvisness.  fear Michael J. Fox!  his supposed bout with Parkinson's is just a ruse.  he will be miraculously healed and all the world will mistakenly fall down at his feet to worship him!  the time is near!

1. profile image0

crap the letters didn't format but i swear it's true!

1. profile image0

fixed it!

1. profile image0

You just made that up !  and you didn't even notice that you are a letter short - IF the beast was 999 it would not have a last name.

1. profile image0

i got that from a book of numerology and i used all 26 letters and i did not make it up.  Mojo Nixon verily said that everyone has some Elvis in them except for the evil anti-Elvis Michael J. Fox.  play it backwards and you can hear of Michael J. Fox's plans to rule the planet and turn everybody into yuppies a la Alex Keaton using his superior mind control techniques.  would i lie?

1. profile image0

ok - now I am convinced. But can you run it again and use a different code book because I am  not so keen on Fox and would prefer someone taller.

24. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 14 years ago

Tell me you're not going to post anything like this when the year turns 2013. roll

1. profile image0

i think there are regularly scheduled end of the world updates. every time they are wrong about the end of the world , they just pick a new date and make a big deal about it.

2. figment profile image72

I think so many natural disasters and geomagnetic storms are going to occur that humans won't be using computers much.  I think the Earth is getting ready for a pole reversal. I'm working on a Hub write now about science and the 2012.

1. profile image0

Nobody said it can't be a battle of the elements in the various predictions I think. Why might there be a pole reversal - I seem to remember this has happened a few times before but also I don't know what can happen if it does.

25. Jerami profile image59

china man said ...
    Oh - right.
    You are saying that religion itself is the beast - and I guess then that they have been promoting false doctrines. If so then I think we can all agree on that.
    What, in your prediction, comes next, what is your idea of it ?

I'm sorry, I didn't answer the question and I meant to last post..
       When the 42 months will have been accomplished  we will know it !!  This will be the next sign before the last battle.

1. profile image0

the last battle will be but a whimper as WAR has seen the end of its reign in humanity's timeline.

26. profile image0

one thing that is certain is that there is a new age dawning.  we entered the cusp of the Aquarian Age in 1997 and since then there have been many changes.  but the hallmark of this new age is an awakening to LOVE and it will not be marked by war or cataclysm although for those who cannot let go of the hatred in their hearts, it will feel like the end of the world.  you can see the changes everywhere in the world around us.  it is time for a furthur [sic] testament to be delivered to the evolving, involving and revolutionizing humanity on this tiny planet and i look forward to the coming PEACE that will reign in this new age of LOVE.

That was predicted to happen in May of '05. Well, that and a catastrophic polar shift.

1. profile image0

yes - but could the predictor count! and which calendar did she use ?  Among the usually outrageous stuff these issues are only mathematical! we have shifted calenders I think three or four times and moved the year zero also I believe. The Chinese start counting events 1 before us - in China you are one year older than in the west !

1. profile image0

you don't need a calendar.  the earth has moved into the astrological sign of Aquarius signaling the end of the Piscean Age.  you don't need a calendar to know this.

1. profile image0

I am sorry if I offended you back there - my post was meant as a joke - not serious in any way.

2. profile image0

YEAH - SEE !!!!  I knew that secretly you believe some of this stuff. And I went to see the Age of Aquarius when it first ran in London.

And a battle is not necessarily a blockbuster style mega-blasting shoot out - it can be for hearts and  minds huh ?

And your numerology stinks - when was this stuff invented, if it was Greek then you need alpha and omega - if it was the Romans then haven't we gained a couple of letters since then ? I seem to recall that there was no y or z or something and wasn't the modern 'th' a letter of its own - just vague recollections

1. profile image0

exactly.  it's every bit as valid as the made up crap that you believe in.  the patterns are there if you look for them.  the piece of toast that had Jesus' face sold for over 1 million dollars.  you see what your mind looks for.  if you choose to believe in a a Cataclysmic War to end the "conflict" between your true and false doctrines, i don't think the Creator will stand in your way but frankly it's not my cup of Joe.  i know what i wanna see, i have my own movie and if you want your "war to end all wars," kindly take it some place else because it's not in my script and i don't have time for your pathetic prophecy.

1. profile image0

Not mine !  I am just asking the questions.  I don't believe - I know that we don't know jack-shit about very much.  I do read the ancient Greeks philosophy, and the Romans and the new stuff and I believe that the books of religion are actually scraps of the philosophy recorded from the oral stuff of pre-writing. Like Homer's Iliad and Beowulf were written from the oral story.  They all have much the same weight from this distance and they are all just information.  I have found since coming to China that my recently acquired Critical Theory developed in the last few decades are very similar to the Tao philosophy from around 300 BC. This is only interesting in as much as it helps to understand how people think and often the further back you go (maybe when the world was less complicated) the more clever people seem to have been, and they have a lot to tell us, we still use Logic and our politicians use rhetoric and there may still be people in Platonic relationships. I am not above looking at anything, my own take on this is that the big danger is that it is a self-fulfilling prophecy. There was some article, possibly itself of the urban myth variety, that Bush was (is) fond of numerology. The frightening thing is that he was in place because of the Christian right - and he just might be acting on the numbers and myths and legends and maybe pointing us directly toward some religious inspired goal of defeating Islam or whatever.

2. profile image0

This was the joke.

But again I would also be interested in the piscean age and the new age of aquarius. what is the significance of them ?  and although I really did go to see the original Age of Aquarius in London I don't actually know anything about it.

1. profile image0

the earth and sun move through the 12 constellations roughly in a cycle of 26,000 years, i believe.  this is due to the revolution of our galaxy.  this is a scientific fact.  and like the ticking of the clock, we have moved through to a new phase of humanity as we progress around the Milky Way.  the Piscean Age is over and it is time for WAR to END!  the people who are holding on to the Piscean Age will soon have to wake up or be forced to leave.  i don't know whether space ships will come for them, a "rapture" will happen or they will simply die out, but their time is over, so i say please step aside and let the Aquarian Age blossom so that LOVE CAN REIGN SUPREME.

I like that version as well.  I can see that as compatible with prophesy.

27. profile image0

i believe that it is time for those who will have WAR to go to their own private battlefield and have it.  they share the Earth with many peace loving creatures and i for one, believe in LOVE and i want no part of their Armageddon.  when we develop the technology to live on the moon, why don't they fight it out up there and leave those of us who believe in Peace and Love alone and i say good riddance!  in the meantime i propose a ceasefire until non-combatants and conscientious objectors such as myself are no longer in the crossfire because frankly i'm tired of the whole blasted conflict.

1. profile image0

No war mongers here Hamstermessiah !  just asking questions about the widely held belief in a prediction that some event will change the world - coming to a planet under us soon. You have misunderstood my joke earlier if you read back - unless you were being serious about the nukerology ? smile

28. profile image0
    china manposted 14 years ago

and I replied to the wrong post when pointing out my 'joke' sorry.

1. profile image0

the world has already changed and i got your joke.  i just was pointing out the fact that if you look for some mystical sign in a loaf of bread you will see it because the mind plays tricks, don't it?  the problem we have is when the accumulated mass consciousness focuses on such an object, things really do happen and it's up to us debunkers to fiddle on our violins so Rome doesn't burn to the ground.

A pole reversal happens on average every 300,000 years.  We haven't had one for over 780,000 years.  The north pole is currently moving north at an average speed of 40 km a year, and compass needles in Africa are drifting about 1 degree per year.  Basically all hell would break out on Earth if there was  a reversal or if we are in the process of one.  I can't give too much of my Hub away.

1. profile image0

are you referring to the magnetic pole or the axis of rotation because we have 2 polar axes.  nothing to be alarmed about since our time is so small compared with geological time.

1. profile image0

the fact is that the earth's rotational axis is very stable although it does shift.  after the tsunami that hit the indian ocean in 2004(?) the earth titled approximately 0.1 inches and the earth's day shortened by 3/millionths of a second.  the magnetic pole may be shifting but it has nothing to do with climatic change as far as i know.

1. profile image0

I seem to remember that the evidence is that when this happened in the past it was real quick, I think it was something around four years from start to finish ?  and if so - what is 42 months. Is this getting creepy or is it just me making up numbers ?

1. profile image0

40 Km/year with a circumference of roughly 40,000 Km equates to 1000 years for a magnetic polar reversal.

1. profile image0

basically it means your compasses won't work any more.  relax we have GPS now.

magnetic poles

1. profile image0

what effect would that have apart from all the ships going the wrong way around for a while till they got the hang of north being south etc ?

2. profile image0

I think 'all hell' seriously qualifies it as an apoclyptic event then LOL    This event in the past - did the poles reverse completely, ie end to end - if so what difference would it make ?

1. profile image0

jerami has confused the magnetic poles with the poles of axis.  we have had two north poles for quite some time but this is not necessarily an indicator of an axis shift.

1. profile image0

that was Figment's contribution - and I am sure he means the axis poles.

1. profile image0

oh sorry figment's contribution...  looked at the wrong picture in a hurry.  the axis poles are not shifting 40Km/year.  i don't know where he got his data from but if it's based on compass needles shifting he is referring to the magnetic poles nonetheless.

yes.... magnetic poles

29. profile image0

sorry to spoil the surprise of your hub topic figment.  the earth's rotational axis does however shift as it did after the tsunami, but not on such a grand scale.  at the Hamsterhood of the Plaid Lodge, we initiated the Hamster Wheel Rotation Project to shift the earth's axis by 1.27034 inches in an attempt to save the Polar Ice Caps and the habitat of our brothers, the Arctic Hamsters.  i'll keep you posted on our progress.

I'm talking about the north and south magnetic poles!!

30. Hokey profile image62
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Ta DAAAA!!!!

31. Jerami profile image59

I was just wondering?? How much would the North and South magnetic poles have to shift in order to alleviate the resistance between tectonic plates increasing their shifts thus an increase in number of and magnitude of earthquakes and would this increase in tectonic plate shifts and earthquakes increase the magnetic pole shift etc. etc. etc. ???

good question

Everything being relative and all.. It seems as though everything is finely balanced, Earthquakes relieving pressure at one location would then increase the pressure at another location causing balance to shift causing a pole shift causing more platonic shift causing more polar shift etc...

It seems logical that eventually there would be a drastic polar shift eliminating all of the pressure between the tectonic plates until the rotation of the earth combined with our orbit around the sun would start the process all over again.
            Can anyone really know how often this cycle may repeat itself if it does at all ?

32. profile image0
    TheVerbalAxiomposted 14 years ago

My research isn't complete yet, I will return with results.

33. Happyontheinside profile image70
    Happyontheinsideposted 14 years ago

This thread caught my eye because last week I was reading through revelations. I don't know how often I say this on this forum but I am not a christian; I am just prepared to accept that anything is possible until I am shown concrete evidence otherwise. Anyways; the coincidence (considering that I haven't picked up a bible since many years ago when I insisted on reading it to make an informed decision) struck me as odd and here I am.

Today I was reading a little more...Anyone that has read my hub on science and a 'creator' will know that I have the belief that one day the two will intertwine; so I was naturally interested in wether or not these seven stages of the apocalypse described in the new testament could be explained scientifically as perhaps a natural disaster or epidemic. I found that it could. you can check out the facts for yourself but once you strip away all the old school words and understandings and think about how revelations describes the plight of the human race during the apocalypse: it might just be possible. An asteroid or comet could crash to earth and cause the corruption of the water and the fires that burn a third of the land...A pestilence could strike in the aftermath - a supervolcano could open into an abyss and belch out smoke that blocks out the sun - there could be a nuclear war that leaves the planet devastated...

Anything is possible.

I think revelations is really just describing the sky either at that time when it was written or when the apocalypse  come.  The beasts it's describing are the constellations in the sky.

That could be true concerning the beasts that are mentioned in Revelation, but the references to some of these beasts were interpreted in the book of Daniel by Gabriel as representing diffrent kingdoms that was given dominion over that Hebrew Nation that ceased to exist around 138 AD.
           I would think that there would be some correlation between the books of Daniel and Revelation.
           But I could be wrong.

34. M.A.Noble profile image67
    M.A.Nobleposted 14 years ago

Please read my hubs and you may find the answer to your question.
    best Wishes

I just read your profile.
      I would LOVE to know what you understand about psychology! I have more than a bit of a guess from reading the notes on your hub profile.
      How about I grab a cigarette paper and you write down all you know about the human condition on it for me? lol

35. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

What does 'the dead' refer to in this book of revelation. Context needed.

Going lateral and not literal, I see the dead as sleepers.  Meaning those that are under the influence of their conditioning and have no concept of freewill outside of this conditioning.

Hopefully 2012 will see a big awakening for all those who think they see, but see nothing.  It's not a physical death.  Hopefully it's the death of the small minded.

If the rapture does happen, I hope all the silly people are taken so the rest of us can get on with living.  Oh, and please include the pharmaceutical companies, CEO's of the American Banks and Monsanto.  Amen!

A fine list there Jewels! Telemarketers too perhaps? lol

Calling telemarketers "small minded"? I seem to recall taking such a job out of desperation to pay the bills.

Maybe we should take care of the people who take cheap shots at telemarketers and are so paranoid and self-centered as to believe we're watching their every move and we live to interrupt dinnertime.

1. profile image0

LMAO big_smile   I can't remember where it comes in the book 'Know thyself' - sorry if I have mis-quoted god.

2. WriteAngled profile image75
          WriteAngledposted 14 years agoin reply to this

One could say the same about pole dancers...

3. earnestshub profile image80

I apologise Valerie, I am not rude to all telemarketers, but the type that refuse to listen when you tell them you do not need their service over and over again. I feel very confident you would have been too honest and thoughtful to behave in such a way. smile

36. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

6.8 is my fave

37. Jewels profile image83
    Jewelsposted 14 years ago

I think 2012 is misunderstood as far as it's interpretation is concerned.

When you look at the planetary alignment it is a phenomenal force that's accessible.  I'm of the opinion that it was intended to be a great opportunity for humans to step up, not to bail out.

The Mayans held great wisdom and mathematical talent in seeing this alignment was going to happen.  So much talk about death and destruction.  When you see the human condition as being steered by the consciousness of us all collectively, this point in time was intended to be a phenomenal opportunity for unity.  If you look at where we stand now, we are a joke  Again I see it is not a physical death but the opportunity for great change in everyone.

Wake up people.  Don't drink the cool-aid, or that diet coke. Sell your shares in Nutrasweet and tell Donald Rumsfeld to be wary of rotting in hell for poisoning the world with aspartame.

Hopefully it will be a time of self revelation where you ask "Am I dead to my own spirit, or am I Living my fullest life."  And do you really know what living is?  Or are you drugged to the eyeballs from processed foods that you have no real way of knowing what the truth is?

"And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and the books were opened. Another book was opened, which was the book of life.  The dead were judged according to what they had done as recorded in the books"   The dead drank too much cool-aid and were numbed to their own selves.

38. WriteAngled profile image75
    WriteAngledposted 14 years ago

A pole dancer is way preferable over a telemarketer as far as I'm concerned. A pole dancer will not invade my home and privacy as telemarketer scum do every day.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)