I am GOD!!!

Jump to Last Post 1-26 of 26 discussions (150 posts)
  1. Antecessor profile image67
    Antecessorposted 14 years ago

I personally created the entire reality in which you exist precisely 2minutes ago. I created everything "in situ", your memorys in your brains, embryos in wombs, the evidence for evolution, old rocks, ships in bottles, calendars with days marked off, planes in the air, and traffic jams. (I love traffic jams, thats why I created so many). I created the internet, then hubpages, then this forum, so that I can communicate to you my desires for more traffic jams.

Also, most important, no matter how much time you think passes, the date of creation is 2 minutes ago, that because I am outside creation, makes sense yeah?

My proof is everything around you, I mean look around you thats just umm yeah, umm thats all the evidence you need, that and that if everything I told you is true then everything exists as it is. Since everything does exist, that means I am telling the truth.

Also on creation I incarnated myself into a limited human form so I cannot answer any questions that form would not normally know.

However I can do some miracles, for example pray to me for sausages then go down to the supermarket and buy some sausages and thats a miracle. Also I can tell you what your thinking, telepathically, just think about what you are thinking about and thats me telling you what youre thinking about, ok?

If you do not believe in only me, and specifically me, then I will certainly torture you for eternity, believe in me and I will reward you with eternal bliss.

All other religions in creation, i created to mislead the foolish, pursue them and ill torture you.

I created a page in a "history" book about a man named pascal who came up with a wager as to why you should believe in me, it goes like this;

The results of believing in me and being wrong are of a small cost, just some wrong beliefs. The results of believing in me and being right are infinately rewarding.
    The results of NOT believing in me and being wrong are of a huge cost, infinate torture. The results of NOT believing in me and being right are of a tiny benefit, you being right after all.

Clearly the best path is to believe in me.

HOWEVER!!!! if you do not believe in me, and can produce a good reason from logic or evidence then I'll forgo the torture and will reward you with double infinate bliss with virgins on top. However you MUST defeat pascals wager in your logic.

Now swear submission to me or state why you dont believe in me.

1. thooghun profile image93
      thooghunposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Greetings fellow solipsist. I wonder if you are the result of something I ate last night?

Antecessorposted 14 years agoin reply to this

LOL In that vein of things, yes.

Perhaps you are a butterfly dreaming he is a man.

But my question is serious, how can you disprove my OP and defeat pascals wager?

2. qwark profile image61
        qwarkposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Amen! Amen and Hallalujahhh! Thank you god!
        Now I have something to consider!
        There is a god thing!!!!

2. Ashmi profile image60
      Ashmiposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hi Antecessor.........You are always looking for proof of the existence of God. I am going to try to demonstrate that there is only one true statement that can ever be uttered either by yourself or anybody else. That statement is "I Am"...which is the pure feeling of Being; Not being "this or that" which are relative and partial to consciousness but just the sense of existence without form or name.

This first thought/feeling is the constant background to every experience. It is always with you without changing. It is permanent! Moreover: the feeling is the same in me as in you, they are not two but One. This non-dual Self can be called God-Consciousness which is not an individual entity with various attributes but the Supreme Absolute that seemingly gets split into two which then creates the ten thousand etc. As each apparent centre of consciousness (sentient forms) creates their own world of illusion in absolute terms.

Everything that comes after the "I AM" is relative and therefore not real. As soon as you add to it such as: I am so and so, born at, married to, employed by, educated at etc etc you make a false statement. There are no true ideas. Knowing is a fact, the knower and the known are not. They can only be inferred....

You solve the problem of "youness" by proposing that all "yous" (consiousness, sentience.. whatever you wanna call it)  are in fact one and the same.

Disregarding your mentions of a deity I accept that you premise is actually viable.

My solution to the problem of youness is that there are an infinate number of DIFFERENT yous co-existing at once throughout the multiverse.

1. Ashmi profile image60

The different yous are only in appearance. When we take an appearance for reality that is when we get confused and frustrated. The mind in order to know must divide and oppose between I, the subject and You the object. This duality is necessary for experience to occur. The relationships between opposing forces is a must in order for the mind to know.....However! This does not prove that creation is actually real.

Time, space and causality constitute the world we know...yet they exist within me as they are objects of observation within my awareness. We cannot be what we are aware of so what are we in Reality?....all that can be said is "I am" but what I am I do not know.....for the pure sense of being cannot be described. Definitions make it an untruth as they are based on conceptual thought which have their foundations on falsehood.

I agree with most of what you say here, but fail to see where ultimate solipsism leads. I am but an animal, and while my mind is, so far, unknowable, I must treat what is around me as real for what other choice is there. If I disbelive my own thoughts when they tell me something exists, then why not also disbelieve those same thoughts which tell me that nothing is real.

I prefer to believe things are real, and to deal with reality from my point of view as an animal.

Evolution suggests that our perceptions are indeed highly accurate measures of reality because if they were not then we would fail to survive, only animals with high fidelity minds would survive to reproduce, therefore we should trust our minds, most of the time.

1. Ashmi profile image60

I agree with you 100%.....ultimately there is nothing wrong in taking sense impressions as real. They are our reality to be sure. But it is self-evident that by not discriminating between the false and the real we create unnecessary sorrow for ourselves aswell as others. We become obsessive about our beliefs and react defensively and destructively if they are threatened etc........I can admire and enjoy what you take pleasure in also but the difference may be that I never lose sight that what I see and hear etc is all a show (so to speak) and so never react negatively to what appears in front of me. (I do, but thats beside the point LoL)

You ask about where it leads?....for those who are serious it leads to the truth which is beyond the world of appearances. The joy and peace experienced by not sucumbing to the pull of the passions is intense. Life becomes what it is meant for......to be lived in reality which is only possible when thought is not.....by your own experience you only worry or feel anxiety when you are thinking. Problems need time to exist and thought is time......problems do not arise in the thoughtless state.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                Mark Knowlesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

As a matter of interest - are you suggesting you have achieved this state?

LOL. If he has does that make him a:
                  1. "arahant" who has attained only nirvana
                  2. "bodhisattva" who not only achieves nirvana but full liberation from delusion as well

2. Hokey profile image59
                  Hokeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I acheive this state at times. Not letting things affect me and not taking anything personally. Of course I cannot maintain this state 100% percent of the time which is why it is called a Buddhist (Practice).

1. Ashmi profile image60

We have been busy our whole lives. We simply do not know how to stop. To think of nothing is the hardest work anybody can do. Our whole personality will fight us in order so you do not achieve it....the reason being that the mind fears its own death and like everything else seeks to survive. The no-mind state is the dying of mental activity. The mind fears the unknown, the not-being, the not-doing. It will rebel and fool you in a thousand ways.....but with practice it is achievable.

3. ceciliabeltran profile image63
                  ceciliabeltranposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No Mark, It is just a literary exercise. You however have achieved this state.

2. Antecessor profile image67

Ahh meditation, You are buddhist or similar I assume?

I have no problem with buddhists, I only hate theists.

I have never been a spiritual person of any sort and so have never tried meditation, though I expect it works, I believe it works not through real supernatural or spiritual means, but just by changing the brains thought patterns in a mechanistic way.

It was good hearing a different point of view from the usual whining religous, and I agree you might indeed be correct.

1. Hokey profile image59

Very true. Meditation helps us learn to control and put to rest our habitual patterns of thought.

2. Ashmi profile image60

Thank you...and I must agree with you again. The undercurrent of hostility shown by so called religious people is appalling. It is only matched by their ignorance of their own faith!

I consider myself a contemplative. The interior life is my calling, without belonging to any established tradition. The essence of all spiritual movements is the same, only the terminology and external practices differ. Problems occur when superficial activities such as rituals and ceremonies are considered more important than what unites them.

People refuse to question themselves and their beliefs. Examining every aspect of our lives is our duty. It is evolution at its highest! To take as true what one is told without question is a great error. It creates stagnation and degradation.......evolution forever moves forward. To stagnate is to become sterile......

Your sharp wit and directness of expression has been very refreshing, I thank you for it.....in deep meditation the vibration frequency within the brain changes. You could say the very chemicals alter in their interaction though don't ask me how LoL

3. Obscure Divine profile image60
                  Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't take up for organized religion crap either, but I'm not limited in thought.  You do, however, sound a bit like you have a fetish for androids...  LOL!  I mean really, how lame is that...  Is that much better, ha-ha!

2. Ashmi profile image60

But you are right...in order to survive we must use our minds. Thought is necessary for practical purposes but if you pay attention to your own mental activity you will notice that your thinking process is continous. It flits from the dead past to the non-existent imaginary future. Anticipation and expectation. This is painful, though we are unaware of it as it is not an intense pain but a subtle ache that acumulates over time..........most of the time our minds should remain quiet and serene, open and empty. In this state, the beauty of reality is seen for what it is and not for what we THINK it is.

1. Hokey profile image59

As human beings we all want to be happy and free from misery.
                We have learned that the key to happiness is inner peace.
                The greatest obstacles to inner peace are disturbing emotions such as
                anger and attachment, fear and suspicion,
                while love and compassion, a sense of universal responsibility
                are the sources of peace and happiness.

1. Ashmi profile image60

It helps to know how emotions come about and why they are so destructive. The problem is that we have contradictory desires. On the one hand we want peace and on the other we love experience. When we tire of searching for pleasure we wish for peace of mind; when we bore of that, we again go out in search of sensual pleasure which leads to pain etc

2. Daniel Carter profile image62
                Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wait. "In order to survive." Survival is an illusion, since it's only based on what we *perceive* our experience here to be. So, we don't need to survive because we can create in our minds alternate scenarios past non-survival. Those scenarios become our "life" just as we have perceived this one to be.

Is this not consistent with solipsism? If it is, then I think this reasoning regarding "survival" is flawed.

1. Ashmi profile image60

Everything perceivable or conceivable is ultimately illusory. In that sense you are right. All is necessarily relative to a particular conscious being. But we are trying to describe what in reality cannot be expressed. The One reality can only be known in negation. By what it is not. We cannot say this or that is real. We can only say I am not this or that, or reality is nothing in particular yet it is All. The mind cannot go beyond itself therefore can never know what is real.

However as long as we take reality for what is tangible to our senses then we believe in an "other" that is not ourselves. The world of duality "I" and "other" only exists in the mind as it cannot know otherwise. The mind has created a world and is now wondering who the creator is. The mind is all their is.

3. Daniel Carter profile image62
              Daniel Carterposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then how do you trust your mind if you believe you are bipolar, schizophrenic, or any other psychotic disorder? How does one determine any reality in this condition? It's not possible to depend on beliefs or even experiences if reality is blended with fabrications of the mind and evolutionary experiences of the physical world.

How, god, do we proceed if these conditions exist?

1. Ashmi profile image60

There are no true ideas or beliefs. Words put together are pure imagination born of past conditioning, squeezed into a definition. None are true. Whatever the mind comes up with is false. However this does not mean that the mind is useless. On the contrary, the mind has a function and for that purpose is well suited......but when we are dominated by the mind which is the evolutionary stage humanity finds itself in at the moment, problems are inevitable.

We place too much importance on ideas and words as if they were real. They are not. However much you repeat the word bread it will not appease your hunger. To know bread is to eat it. Can you describe the taste of honey?....is that description real, can I know what it tastes like by mere words?...No, I have to eat it. Direct experience is reality, as soon as you put words to it which are mind made it cannot be real.

I would say by consensus with other minds. Or from our past experiences as to what is normal.

Example, if you were to see a elephant in the room where others saw none, or you do not usually see an elephant in your room, that would be an indicator that you had too much to drink. Of course people with mental disorders do have problems way beyond anything I or anyone else can solve.

BTW I am not a solipsist. I believe in an objective reality and I believe our brains percieve that reality with a high degree of fidelity under most conditions.

3. profile image0
      QuincyDaWonderDogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

God, why did you maked cats? dey play wif my ears when I ams trying to sleep, which is a real problem neutral one time dey did them in a chignon. it was verwy embarrassing.

Do you see any cats in front of you?

Of course not, cats do not exist, I created memorys in your brain of their existence when they played wif your ears, but i never created real cats.

1. ecogirl333 profile image57
          ecogirl333posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Oh good, so I don't need to feed this one or listen to its constant meowing!

No thats a dog that i made look like a cat, you should have said you were talking about dog-cats, not cats. LOL

2. profile image0
            lyricsingrayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol

2. Pandoras Box profile image61
          Pandoras Boxposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then what's that fuzzy thing on my desk trying to find a way into the fish tank? Oh I know, it's metaphorical right?

Good to see you have a sense of humour.

3. profile image0
          QuincyDaWonderDogposted 14 years agoin reply to this

why, yes, as a matter of fact. he is staring at me right now. he's got some velcro rollers in his paws and is looking at my ears.

can you uncreate da memory of hims putting up my ears in crazy hairdos after he does it? thank you...

4. Disturbia profile image59
      Disturbiaposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Congratulations!

5. tantrum profile image60
      tantrumposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't believe in you ,so I'm right ,after all.

1. profile image0
        SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Wow! Nice picture!

prove it tantrum, HOW do you know?

Thats the entire point of this thread, HOW HOW HOW?

1. mega1 profile image79
          mega1posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Dear GOD!  could I please have my new car now?  my old truck is rapidly falling apart! and I live 15 miles out of town! Pleeeeeese!

Read in OP regarding miracle of the sausages, therein lies the answer.

2. Hokey profile image59

Pray to Hokey and you might get that truck quicker!  big_smile

3. ceciliabeltran profile image63

From Gd: You haven't even said thank you for your old truck.

Yeah - go with the Guilt Trip Every Time. lol

LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

Woo woo.

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63

oh, sorry didn't know it worked on you.

Oh - It doesn't. I just find it incredibly amusing when people like you resort to it. Zero knowledge. woo-woo-ism.

Love it. LOLOLO 

Go EloHim!!

I'm happy that you get validation from me. I notice you exist mark. Yes, you deserve attention. But I really love your biscuit recipe. I love the hubs about guitars too.

Go Elohim as well to you! (you know that includes you too right?)

2. tantrum profile image60

Well, you said it. I'm quoting you :

'The results of NOT believing in me and being wrong are of a huge cost, infinate torture. The results of NOT believing in me and being right are of a tiny benefit, you being right after all.'

So I'm right after all.

LOLOL tantrum, I should have watched my wording more carefully. Good one.

However this thread was not just started as a joke, I seriously want religous people to tell WHY they dont believe I am god. Obviously I am not, but how do they KNOW that.

Then when they tell me answer, I  can say, thats how I know your god is not real either.

1. tantrum profile image60

That you haven't watch your words more carefully, proves you're not God.

"Also on creation I incarnated myself into a limited human form so I cannot answer any questions that form would not normally know." - OP

LOLOLOL

But you understand the spirit in which this thread was written.

"Also on creation I incarnated myself into a limited human form so I cannot answer any questions that form would not normally know." - OP

That doesn't mean you have to make mistakes like a fool ! LOLOL!!

I understand the spirit ? Maybe? Do you understand mine?
                  Or that is too much for a God like you ? hmm

1. profile image60
                    logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Tantrum, you are a goddess, not a god! smile

So tantrum you are saying that my making a mistake/contradiction in my communication with you humans in my written work, my OP, is proof I don't exist.

Perhaps you are correct.....

May I point you to the 1000 plus contradictions of the bible?

2. earnestshub profile image81
                earnestshubposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Waddaya mean Tantrum? Read the OT lately? lol

6. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 14 years agoin reply to this

This might be a parody for actual discussion except for the fact that you've got God mixed up with other gods.....

As it is, you might as well go back to the old ploy of the FSM.

1. Hokey profile image59

Well at least FSM is real Brenda. wink

Prove that Brenda, or don't comment at all, nothing I hate more than a theist who shuts her eyes, covers her ears, and shouts goddidit goddidit goddidit. Don't you understand the concept of proof? Now my OP is a simple question,  it is possible that I am indeed THE god, now prove that I am not.

7. Sab Oh profile image56
      Sab Ohposted 14 years agoin reply to this

"I personally created the entire reality in which you exist"

Yeah, that is what atheists have convinced themselves alright.

1. profile image60
        logic,commonsenseposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Can you prove them wrong?  Just asking.

Prove me wrong Sab Hoe

8. goldenpath profile image67
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Intriguing hub! smile

9. profile image0
      SirDentposted 14 years agoin reply to this
    10. Obscure Divine profile image60
      Obscure Divineposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Ahh, the art of soliloquy!  LOL!

11. profile image53
      Hubitgirlposted 14 years agoin reply to this

There is only true God! That's Jesus Christ!

1. earnestshub profile image81

Ooh me first!

Prove it! smile

12. ceciliabeltran profile image63

geez, really? i must be bored, I'm still here.

2. profile image0
    poetlorraineposted 14 years ago

i think i ate you last night too, and vomitted you up this morning

You are not very poetic, I shudder to think of what poems you must attempt to write.

1. AEvans profile image71
        AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

She happens to write beautiful poetry and she is certainly entitled to her opinion. You do not believe some of us do believe that is what makes the World go round. Many of us do not discredit those who do not believe so why discredit those who do? As long as we (man,woman) exists there will always be why do you? and why do you not believe? We should all just try to get along and discrediting another writer truly isn't necessary. smile

She said I was her vomit, that doesn't sound like something I should respect, or something that contributes to the conversation. I don't report personal attacks, but this indeed a personal attack. A poor one. Lol

1. AEvans profile image71
            AEvansposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe what she said  on what I read was, she ate you for dinner last night and vomited you up in the morning." My perception is she read what was written on this thread and ingested your words however after reviewing them she rejected them. I know Lorraine so I don't think the words were meant to be pointed directly toward you as a person so that wouldn't be a form of attack. It is a figure of speech everyone is entitled to their opinions and beliefs but the issues with religion both sides sling mud. Mark Knowles had a truly go debate and it came out well both were able to discuss without arguing and certainly had some serious points on both sides of the spectrum.smile

What makes you think you CAN discredit those who don't believe, I'd like to see u try. Lol

3. mcbean profile image66
    mcbeanposted 14 years ago

You provoked an interesting question.....

Does Pascal's Wager become somewhat diluted if others make the same statement as you?

One must wager FOR the existance of one (or a few) God/s but do 1000 potential deities make the bet not worth taking?

Should I be looking for more "gods" to justify my life decision to ignore all religion?

On deeper thought, the presence of many 'sham' gods should have no bearing on the probability of the existance of any all powerful god, but it would be 'bad for business' if nothing else

What if you believe me, are wrong, but disbelieve in a real god, and so are tortured. Obviously pascals wager is defeated as you said, by the impossibility of determining which god you should bet on. LOL.

If a god did exist, who would he be most angry (assuming a jealous bible like god) at:

1. Someone who believed in a different god.

2. Someone who believed in no gods, but would believe if any god proved himself to exist.

1. atomswifey profile image56
        atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

It's not anger with THE God.
        So I would say neither.
        God loves both and all

And which god is THE god. LOL

Yours I'm betting. ah ah ha ha ha

How do you know I am not THE god. Prove it. Thats the whole point of this thread. Prove it.

1. atomswifey profile image56
            atomswifeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No not just mine yours too smile
            I do not have to prove the existence of God to you or anyone. Our belief comes from faith. Faith comes from hearing and hearing from the Word of God.
            People sometimes want physical proof of Gods existence because they know we cannot show them physical proof as God is not in physical form. We can offer evidence through what we see in the natural world as miraculous creation of things but you refute that with the theory of evolution. We can demonstrate how God has worked miracles, but you deny divine intervention. So no matter what we say or do or what supposed "proof" you seek it is all up for interpretation according to the individual. The rub comes when you try to refute the existence of God. You cannot be sure He does not exist nor show any proof yourself.
            Then you expect believers to show you something you know they cannot. Then you justify your own lack of faith with that.
            Bottom line:
            Search your heart and read His word. If you still do not believe in Him then so be it.

Then u prove I am not god, can't do it?

Then by your logic I must be god.

1. Hokey profile image59

You are what ever you want to be. As far as I am concerned whether or not you are God doesn't concern me one way or the other. There is nothing either way that you can do to me. Have a nice day. smile

Yeah but you don't need to disprove me. Only the belivers in gods need to do that.

1. profile image0
                    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years agoin reply to this

lol. all hail the gods of the Ism!!!

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63

seriously, you're here too?

4. profile image0
    Denno66posted 14 years ago

Um, hi God.

Are, finally someone taking the easy way out.

I command you to contribute wherever possible to traffic jams. That is the true method of prayer. People who kneel are unknowingly insulting me by coming closer to my face. (I am an upside down god so when one kneels they get closer to my face).

1. profile image0
        Denno66posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Hmm, then toilets are an abomination, I gather.

Indutibly

5. profile image0
    SwampDonkeyposted 14 years ago

God is a Donkey. He lives in the swamp.

6. kess profile image60
    kessposted 14 years ago

Whosoever says I Am, has come out of nothing and Is... for He is knows he was not always.

Who soever says I Am,
    Have seen other like Him before Him and knows He is because of One before himself.

Whosoever says I Am,
    Also See that He is unique for there is none guite like Himself.

Whosoever says I Am,
    Have the perception and awareness of both the infinite and the absolute, nevertheless are neither.

Whosoever says I Am,
    Have the perception and awarenessof all conceivable thoughts, though none of these thoughts  can correctly define Him for he is beyond some and others are still beyond him.

Whosoever Says I Am,

Should realize that since the concepts of "nothing" and "all things" are within Him, and yet He is not the cause of all things, Should not think it is  arrogance to apply the highest and best description of all things to Himself. 

And Say I Am God and Son of the Most High.

1. profile image0
      SwampDonkeyposted 14 years agoin reply to this

You sound like my grandfather. He is schizophrenic. Is that you grandpa?

2. Ashmi profile image60

The "I am" is the last remnant of the false as long as you are there to say it. When this first thought disappears there is no one to say it. The "I am" just IS!....as you imply, it is beyond the realm of the opposites which exist in time and space as they are neeeded in order for them to be........I can easily substitute the word God for Consciousness for everything is dependent on Consciousness; even the idea of a God depends on me being conscious....The "I Am" must come first and only then can the idea of a world and its creator come into being.

7. Daniel Carter profile image62
    Daniel Carterposted 14 years ago

@ashmi: I like these insights. I have read things alluding to such thoughts, but you've solidified a few things for me.

@anticessor: Likewise, I find your thoughts very interesting. You are a thought provoker, and obviously god believers find you most threatening and disturbing.

I'm on the journey. I haven't got anything figured out, really, just experiencing and learning as I can.

8. kirstenblog profile image78
    kirstenblogposted 14 years ago

The OP assumes I exist. I am not so fast to make such assumptions and am not totally convinced that I exist. Sure, I think there for I am but I have not always though so the lack of constant thought could negate the fact of thought for such a small instant in time. This fleeting delusion of self challenges your existence due to the uncertain nature of verifying anythings existence!

9. Lady_E profile image62
    Lady_Eposted 14 years ago

May Almighty God help you!

10. profile image0
    SwampDonkeyposted 14 years ago

Everyone knows that the real God is a donkey.

You should know. You look like one of his sheep ! hmm

11. TMMason profile image61
    TMMasonposted 14 years ago

Actually, if you read your bible, and Christ said it also in the new testament. You, me, we, are all Gods.

Ohhh the Christians are reeling right now,.... but it is true.

Even in Jewish law God said... "Ye are all Gods."

12. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

Sir Dent! That is a huge comment! lol lol Way to say Nay! lol

13. Antecessor profile image67
    Antecessorposted 14 years ago

I notice that no theist had been able to disprove me!!!

All they keep saying is that THERE god is the right one, also without saying y. Lolol. The religous are hopeless. Don't you think that if a god truely existed, there would be some proof or evidence?

Cmon theists disprove me.

1. Hokey profile image59

Of course thay cant disprove you. All they are armed with is a man made book and some stories, fables, and myths.

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63

Say something like the devil is your friend and you'll probably get attention.

14. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 14 years ago

God I like your hubs. The make sense, talk about real stuff, educate, illuminate etc.

Anyway you are living in god's own land Australia!

Thxs I try. The religous when they do comment on my hubs never try to address the argument I present, they just TELL me I'm wrong, bur not how and why. Very annoying

No different in the forums usually! smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image64
        Faybe Bayposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I believe we evolve are still evolving in fact. I simply state that there have been proven fakes in the fossil record; there is a factory in Arizona that makes them for universities, so that they can get more funding for research. If you want to tell the truth, then tell all of it. Not just the portion you choose.

3. profile image0

Well, i am not a religionist, yet it appears you were hesitant to post my comment. May I ask why?

And of course any person defending their opium is going to tell you and you tell them. Seems both sides must be wrong in some manner else there would be no conclusive, elevated and seemingly endless argument of perspectives. Yet again, any a theist or theist cannot sustain their argument, which leads to banter and limitation of understanding.

no offense, Ante, I enjoyed reading your information.
        But it was a biased perception and quite one of anger/venting/rant, as opposed to a thorough logic of the thing in question. Same as the cults of the many.

1. Faybe Bay profile image64

Don't take offense. Antecessor denied my comment as well so I stopped commenting. Sent an e-mail got no reply.

My son hears what he wants to hear, and nothing else. I think Antecessor has the conviction that his belief has not gotten the  "air time" that other theories have had. Therefore giving space to any alternative is counterproductive to the point being made.

I like the information on gods hubs. It is these points I would like to see addressed rather than just religious believers just denying it's validity in any discussion about who is god.

I have no judgement on who is or is not God. Antecessor said :

The religous when they do comment on my hubs never try to address the argument I present, they just TELL me I'm wrong, bur not how and why. Very annoying

I commented on that. then commented to Twenty-one Days not to feel bad for being Dissed by the God

Gods do not have to listen to any of us mere mortals. We will occasionally try to prop each other up and point out that it is not just you that God isn't responding to, but others as well.

smile

smile

2. Faybe Bay profile image64
                3. Faybe Bay profile image64

Here is something you both might like. a scientific point of view from a movie I will own again one day.:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88HvsJC-q4A

I love that sorta stuff Faybe, thanks!

I am not overly taken with the movie, too "American" for my narrow taste! smile
                    I get the idea though.

4. ceciliabeltran profile image63

I'm wondering if I'll take the challenge. I'll put that hat on and see what happens. What do you think Earnest, do I Jesus this guy to Hallelujah? hahahahahaha.

I'll actually quote passages and everything and play the religionist. How much fun would that be because I don't think religionists will swim in this bog.

nah...

2. profile image0

the bog of? he he he. I had to, the door was open.

"But I don't want to go among mad people,"Alice remarked.
            "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: "We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad."
            "How do you know I'm mad?"said Alice.
            "You must be,' said the Cat, "...or you wouldn't have come here."

1. profile image0

lol
              "curious and curiouser."

15. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

God or advisary? Theres a difference you know.

16. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 14 years ago

To simply post an answer to the OP and the topic.

First the topic- I am GOD!!!

My only reply is to say hello GOD. My only other intended statement would be- It's nice to meet you. Now, go away!

My reasoning behind the above action is for the simple fact that I am GOD of my life and in my life. I possess the power to transform Life, by grasping the future and leading myself down the path to peace and harmony. I can create life if I so choose.

So, I simply ask you GOD to go away, because you have no place in my life. And, have a nice day doing it. smile

As for the OP? It is irrelevant. smile

1. profile image0
      china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

No the OP is NOT irrelevant.  In the enclosed world of Cagsil it is not relevant, as it is not relevant in my enclosed world - or symbolic universe is a better way of putting it - BUT it is a relevant question because it poses a common (and unproveable) argument in philosophy that mimics the god/no god situation.

The OP poses a far more useful discussion than the reels of pointless scripture or putting up your own world view as if it has any meaning to anyone except yourself.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Interesting you run your mouth, especially when I wasn't talking to you or anyone in particular. I stated my point of view to the aspect of Antecessor claim of being GOD and to disprove it.

I don't need to disprove his claim. He can call himself whatever he likes. I was making the point that I didn't need a GOD in my life because I am GOD in my life.

If you cannot understand that.....then I suggest you read more carefully. Either way, I said what I said and if you don't like it, too bad.

1. profile image0
          china manposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Yeah I know you told me this before, last time I should 'kinda, you know, shut up cos I isn't A mericain' or some such juvenile thing.

I don't appreciate being told I run off at the mouth (I assume that was what your bad English was saying) when I respond to posts in a discussion forum.

You clearly are immersed in your own selfiverse which is ok, nobody cares much - least of all me, but if you put your childish stuff here then you have to expect a childish answer.

And this applies to the whole range of moronic sock puppets who try to disrupt reasonable discussion with false 'facts' and strange viewpoints.

17. terrordronetimmy profile image61
    terrordronetimmyposted 14 years ago

I can prove there is a god with science.

Current thinking is that either

1 : The universe is so complex that if you change even the smallest thing throughout the universe for example changing the force of gravity by a tiny bit or even how fast a particle moves. Stars could not have formed etc and humans could not have evolved.

This makes you think that if the universe is so perfect how out of randomness did this happen without a designer.

2 : The other side of the argument that current research suggests that there is a multitude of universes in which every possibility that could or will happen has happened and that we as humans have evolved in one of those infinite universes that has luckly enough had everything in the right place with all the right forces etc.

"if you put infinite monkeys in a room with infinite typewriters for and infinite amount of time and let them bash away at the keys, you will eventually get the works of Shakespeare"

Now if we consider the first option then this states that there is a Being who is the grand designer i.e God

Now if we also consider the second theory which is what science is saying is true and correct to the best of human knowledge "The Theory Of Everything" i.e including string theory and all the other theory's that give us ipod's, computers, particle accelerators etc we can say that in an infinite amount of universes that can hold every possibility that has ever happened i.e (I am president) and ever will happen then one of these will have a God.  This stand to reason as that is one of the possibility's that would arise.

I just don't think scientists have thought this yet.  Cause if they had they'd see that saying things like in one universe you are immortal or in another we are all still apes etc.  If these things are true then anything you can think of that is capable is true so i.e there is a God in one of these universes and most likely we are all immortal and all living in a world that is like a heaven after we die as this is a possibility.

If ya catch my drift smile

18. terrordronetimmy profile image61
    terrordronetimmyposted 14 years ago

Sry forgot this link to a cool Horizon episode from the BBC.

BBC Horizon 2010 Is Everything We Know About The Universe Wrong

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMTU3NTQ4NTE2.html

Thank you very much for the link. I watched all of it too. I must have missed that one! smile

19. defenestratethis profile image60
    defenestratethisposted 14 years ago

Oh brother..is someone trying to impersonate me again?? Get a life, you insipid humans.

he he he

this has got to be the most hilarious forum, I've ever read.

20. Hokey profile image59
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

Good                              Good

Orderly                           Only

Direction                         Dreaming

Grandiose                         Great

Organized                         Oral

Delusion                          Diatribe

smile

21. Jane@CM profile image61
    Jane@CMposted 14 years ago

Wow - there are several God's posting in the same thread, I think God has a sock puppet lol lol lol

And to think, he chose Hubpages to reveal himself - I think I need a shot of something stronger than coffee.

he he he...

2. CrystalStarWoman profile image58
      CrystalStarWomanposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I am God too!! (I wrote a hub about it lol)

I am God - you are God - we be God!

and this is how buddhism spread in asia

22. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

ill  prove stuff

23. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

what am i gona prove?

24. aware profile image67
    awareposted 14 years ago

im a god fan

25. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 14 years ago

You know you might go to hell for saying these things? LOL! The devil will visit you at night and call you sweetheart. (I'm getting visions of Adam Sandler in Little Nicky)

26. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 14 years ago

"...You're a god; and i am not; and i just thought that you should know..." Vertical Horizon.

the paradox of existence...ya, god but not. As you increase awareness of your humanity, you cease to become human and approach divinity. As you increase your awareness of divinity, you realize how human that is.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)