death treats by creationists

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (150 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Baileybearposted 13 years ago

The judge that ruled that intelligent design was not constitutional  in the Dover trial received death threats and he and his family required protection.  His life was more endangered by creationist fruit-loops than by cocaine crack-heads

http://sensuouscurmudgeon.wordpress.com … eationism/

1. shogan profile image77
      shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I've never bought a death treat.  They sell them at Walmart, don't they?  wink

1. profile image0
        Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

ha - I didn't notice that

1. shogan profile image77
          shoganposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sorry--couldn't resist!

2. Stump Parrish profile image60
      Stump Parrishposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Religious people who are ready, willing and able to kill any who disagree with their ideology. They will attack woman as old as 78 years who are teachers that dare to teach. They kill doctors who preform legal operations and harrass the families of dead soldiers.

Please explain to me again the differences between Fundamentalist/extremist. christians and muslims. The terrorist is still a terrorist, only their god changes. Any god who can stir this level of hatred a the problem. The problem is compounded by the right wing media's constant exploitation and manipulation of their zombies.

Each religion thinks every other religion is the problem and they're all correct. The problem is religion in general. Each religion creates it's share of raving lunatics that talk straight to their god and he always tell them to kill somone or some group of people. It is the same type of brain washing that goes on in North korea. The only difference is, the zombies  over here have guns.

1. profile image0
        china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Talking of zombies - A few years ago in Wales a woman had her house attacked by a large mixed group of people from her neighbourhood -they put petrol through her letterbox in door and tried to set the house alight and daubed the house with graffiti - PEDOPHILE !

The woman was a paedietrician.

Those people in Wales are about the same dumb as the those in the article.

1. profile image0

whatever next?  that's kind of amusing though.

2. profile image0
        Travis_S_Musicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I do agree that religion is the problem. I do not agree that religion creates lunatics with a god telling them to go kill people. This I believe is caused by whatever malfunction is going on in their brains, as is the usual case with any crazy person in general. Then again, some aren't crazy. Some just think they might get off with a lighter sentence if they say "god told me to do it." But that in itself does sound crazy. Maybe we just need a separate society to put crazy people in and keep them there. A place surrounded by four walls, electric fences and security to keep them there. That might help the situation....

1. profile image0

Traviis
          I do not agree that religion creates lunatics with a god telling them to go kill people

You should go read up a little history - religion is responsible for more wars and destruction than any other single cause, it even shares responsibility with oil for the Iraqi outrage.

1. profile image0
            Travis_S_Musicposted 13 years agoin reply to this

China Man, this is the result of manipulative power-hungry people. Yes, religion is the cause of wars, but this is not about wars, this is about "death threats" and crazy people that claim god made them do it.

1. profile image0

If war is not about crazy people whipping up enough people to go around killing other people then I am not sure what it is.

2. profile image0
            brotheryochananposted 13 years agoin reply to this

wolves wearing sheeps clothing. True religion loves its enemies. governments start wars and thats a proven fact however you want to label the war, the citizens are always told last that there is a war.

1. profile image0

If true religion loves its enemies - there are very very few who follow any true religion.

2. profile image0

the ones with the malfunction in their brains are often power crazy and become cult leaders of extreme religion

1. profile image0

or politicians

1. profile image0

and <vulgarity snipped> bosses

3. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Praise God, and pass the ammunition!

4. Davidsonofjesie profile image61
      Davidsonofjesieposted 13 years agoin reply to this

He is anti-american and does not know the histroy of this country,just another attemp to push GOD out of our lifes

1. Jeff Berndt profile image73
        Jeff Berndtposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"He is anti-american and does not know the histroy of this country,just another attemp to push GOD out of our lifes"

I imagine that he knows the history of the US pretty well. It's the people trying to shove God down everyone's throats who have a skewed idea about the history of this country.

2. profile image0
        BunuBobuposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"anti-american "
        You mean Christianity was invented in America.
        WOW
        Really?

2. Flightkeeper profile image66
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

You could say the same for fascistic animal lovers who threatened the restaurant owners, workers, their families, its venders and suppliers for promoting lion tacos.

http://green.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/ … mp;emc=rss

Crazies come from all groups but that probably won't get through through your bias.  But I do want to thank you for keeping the conversations regarding Christianity going.  I think it prompted many people to take a look at it for themselves and seeing what it's all about instead of taking just your word for it.  Unbeknownst to you and your fellow posters you are doing the Lord's work.  Again, thank you.

1. Stump Parrish profile image60

Glad to help, how about a shout out to the big guy for me when you get there. I am under the mpression that most religions are experiencing a sharp decline in attendence and membership, We must not be doing that good of a job.

It could be an indication of the level of hate that has been stirred up in AZ. Everyone and their brother is armed and loaded for bear. I dont think the killing is done in that state by a long shot. The hateful dialog will continue and so will the armed confrantations resulting in innocent lives lost.

2. profile image0

well, it's nice that you thank me for doing your god's work.  One of your fellow christians here on HP thinks I'm doing the devil's work.

1. profile image0

interesting summation. What do you think.

whose work do ye?

1. profile image0

my own - I think for myself and encourage others to do the same

3. profile image50
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, crazies come from all the groups; pseudo religionist as well the non-religionists.

I agree

3. SpanStar profile image61
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

Frankly I don't understand why we are so quick to label everybody the same because of some crackpots who we know don't reflect the actions or values of others.

Are all ministers like this crazy Jim Jones who killed or most killed all his followers?

Labelling saves people the chance to get to know the individual and makes it easier to feel superior to those you don't know. However, I believe when an individual joins an organization and it's label on themselves, they have no right to complain when other address them as they claim to see themselves.

2. Woman Of Courage profile image60
      Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

SpanStar, I agree with you.

4. Mighty Mom profile image79
    Mighty Momposted 13 years ago

Historically, more innocent people have died in the name of "God" than any other cause.

The sad thing today is that a very small minority of extremists get the media attention. Of course. The media feed on negativity. How much media coverage to you see of everyday Christians, Jews, Muslims, Quakers, Buddhists, Wiccans, etc. going about their POSITIVE daily lives trying to do good works? Not a whole heck of a lot (unless it is tied in with a catastrophe like Katrina or Haiti).
    It's unfortunate that the fringe few create the impression that the entire religion is that way.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80
      pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Media has the strongest brainwashing power than any religion or philosophy.

1. profile image0

really?  Maybe you should read my 3 book review hubs about extreme religion/cults and see if you still think that

1. profile image0

maybe we should examine what extreme businesses and  extreme governments are doing and abolish all those as well. Perhaps we can find an extreme girl guide and get rid of that institution as well or perhaps an extreme atheist and get rid of atheism.
          However much is wrong with this and that it doesnt matter what others do if you are not part of the solution you are part of the problem.
          with all your knowledge on how things should be done you waste it criticizing others.

1. profile image0

it's because these extremist cults I hubbed about engaged in criminal activity eg sexual abuse

clearly from your answer & criticism, you had no idea what my hubs were about

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

I had a very quick read of your hubs? How does that account for mass brainwashing?

The masses watch TV or read negativity where ever it is. People are that way inclined for the most part. The masses include non religious people as well not just ones who were born into the throes of the religious fanatics. Or those who were somehow led into religion.

You write about 3 different cults and that accounts for about how many people?

1. profile image0

they banned media like TV, but they were still subjected to mass brainwashing from their leaders.

one cult has approx 50.000; others are smaller (but have had people come and go) - but that's still way to many people getting abused etc

there are other cults that haven't been exposed publicly & plenty of mainstream religions that are mass brain-washing

Yes I don't doubt that. However, media overall as I stated earlier has the greatest brainwashing power.

I watched this movie the other day called The condemned. The overall message was the power of the internet and how people give whomever this power by watching. The goal of the main actor was to get 40 million viewers to watch 10 different prisoners kill each other till there was only one left. By the end of the movie he achieved his goal.

It also demonstrated the power of media and how for the most part people are negatively geared so to speak

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know this was a movie - right? Movies are make believe and "demonstrate," nothing. Dear me - I really must consider starting my own religion. sad

Yes of course. I did not say it demonstrated anything. I did state that the overall message however was the power of the internet.

Check out this hub if you like.

Mass Media Influence

If one is not aware of the influence of any type of media than unaware one shall remain. That is what brainwashing is.

1. Mark Knowles profile image58
                    Mark Knowlesposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good grief! You do not even know what you said? It is right there in black and white. sad

I am well aware that certain personality types - of which there are many - are easily led by the media, religion, nationalism etc. So much so - they do not even know what they are saying. wink

Media today simply feeds off of the brainwashing already done by religion.
        I just listened to an interesting book on the subject called the Assault on Reason. This is the first thing I have investigated by Al Gore. The practices he discussed concerning the selling of the war in Iraq, are still relivant in todays world. Almost everything he mentioned about media control of the minds of reality TV viewers is being used against the tea baggers with even greater success.
        To those tea baggers that dont like being called tea baggers, quit impersonating an idiot and you can select your own self gratifying label. I would like to suggest...ex judgemental bigot, formally known as god jr.

poh and bb, I am ready to submit to whatever punishment you think I deserve for that last outburst.

I feel the need, the need for weed. Ill be back, just like Arnie..

That is an odd statement to make. How did you come to that conclusion? Media is not influenced by religion. I am interested to know why you would think that? Also too, what is a tea bagger?

5. aka-dj profile image65
    aka-djposted 13 years ago

I keep trying to make the point, but it seems NO-ONE is getting it.

Playing the "devil's advocate" for a moment. Suppose there is NO god, AT ALL. NOTHING. ZERO. We all evolved as evolutionists say we did. That then means that we humans evolved the way we did. We become susceptible to "indoctrination", and will kill one another at will! Blame evolution for it then, not religion.

It's a flaw in your much beloved system!

I say, (again) that killing is in the nature, the core of man(kind...individuals) and uses whatever excuse that's expedient to get the "job done".

Politics, power, jealousy, fear,..etc. are all equal motivators, to the mind so espoused to act on it.

I think it's an emotive and provocative tactic to use religion as the "problem". Even though I agree that religion is evil, bad, (call it what you will).

1. profile image0

'a flaw in beloved system' -  apart from that bit, what you said prior to that makes more sense than any of the religious explanations - so why bother with silly religious stories?

evolution is not perfect & it is not a system.  But it does seem to be the most logical explanation of why people are ultimately driven by fear & compete to survive

Ok there is no god and I agree there never has been. We as humans have evolved to the point we find ourselves at. You state that at this point we become susceptptible to indoctrination and will kill each other at will. i state that this doesn't happen with out a god issuing comands, and rewarding those who listen with a false sense of humanity. Humanity compromises exctly 1 slot in the evolution of this planet and if we are basing everything on evolution, why is man the only species that evolved enough to kill his own kind for pleasure and sport. No other species that I know of commits random murders for an imaginary being. Every other species kills for food or to protect itself from Dick Cheney.

There is a flaw in your comprehension of the problem and it is the inability to recognize that the problem is religion. The solution to the problem cant logically be the problem in question, unless you are religious in nature. If that is the case I lost you when I mentioned logic.

1. profile image0

actually, chimps have been reported to engage in war and murder each other over territory.  Other animals fight for territory eg lions.  Domination & fear is in the animal kingdom.  Religion is about domination & fear.

Our brains try to look for reason & explanations for our fears.  Religion has been the stop-gap until we understood what was really going on with eg microbes, lightning etc.

Cats kill for pleasure & sport.

1. profile image0

The ability to control these natural urges is called civilization, which is one reason we are generally uncivilized and why religion that promotes fear of the other is a huge force for the bad tending to keep us uncivilized.

1. profile image0

makes sense.

Hey BB, I am trying to offer an arguement but keep coming up with really good responses for you. please hold on while I pour myself another mixie.

Ok , this will  work. What you described is basic survival in the animal kingdom. What I was refering to was killing for ideology. Granted some religions do eat their victims which means they're actually are no better than the lions, I try never to mention the lions in the same sentence that I mention christians. It seems to make some christians overly defensive for some reason. No one since george Orwell has been able to understand animals enough to dicover their political affiliation or tea party membership status. I will admit that after careful consideration if I had to select which religion lions belonged to, I would say evangelical/southern/baptist/mormonistic/bullabulla/ reformed.

Just like in our world, the mules and jackasses run the Tea Party. The Faux News Migration reports were based on political ideolgy rather than the truth about the weather and the sheep blindly running in circles, is friggin hilarious to watch.

On a side note, I probably did n't need that last drink but what the hey.

I agree with your description of the mental processes utilized to reach a conclusion about our the origin of our fears butt, this doesn't explain why all nuns wear black or why religious people forsake science and knowledge.

1. profile image0

it's because most people are like sheep - they follow and don't bother thinking for themselves

3. Slarty O'Brian profile image82
          Slarty O'Brianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's funny. Primates are our closest cousins and cats come next according to DNA.

Very few individuals other than nut jobs will kill even for a cause unless they are threatened. But groups/mobs form a separate mentality that is quite capable of murder.  The biggest obstacles to peace are organizations like religion and nationalism. They create an us vs them mentality. They create fear of the other. The problem is two of the big three religions mandate spreading the “good” word. That’s what makes some people send death threats to those who oppose that mandate. “Heathens” who oppose a religious mandate are seen as the enemy.

Sure there are millions of peaceful Christians and Muslims in the world. But the religions themselves mandate fighting for and appeasing their god and it's so called will. Same with ideas like patriotism and nationalism. It isn't a god they want you to fight and die for it's your way of life. Pretty compelling idea, isn’t it?  In the old days it was king and country. But both Islam and Christianity are saying the same thing. So is the KKK. So was the Nazi party. Pretty scary what an otherwise great idea can turn into, isn’t it?

Evolution did create this problem. loyalty to tribe, to family, to organization, helped us survive. It’s natural to want to protect and stand together with those you love or share a way of life with. It's safer in numbers. It is safer with people you share a culture and traditions with. But people are leaving religions and other organizations. There is a shift in our evolution toward inclusion instead of division.  Toward multi-culturalism. Toward live and let live. It's been going on for a long time. Evolution takes a long time. Some religions have helped this process. Others that may have helped in the past now hinder it. The world would be better off without religion. Particularly those that preach inclusion, but only if you join. Maybe in time it will die out naturally as the human mind becomes more logical and rational? I can only hope.

Yes there are problems when cultures or different beliefs get together. Some really big ones. But we work on them through dialogue like this.

2. profile image0

stump parish wrote: "i state that this doesn't happen with out a god issuing comands"

when god destroyed the world with a flood that was at a time when god was not issuing the commands. If you think a world without God is the solution to a peaceable planet then i am laughing so loud you can probably hear me. People will always do what they want unless there is a god, so suck it up and get real.

3. pennyofheaven profile image80

I agree wholeheartedly!

6. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 13 years ago

It's all about control. No matter what the belief is, wether it is in God, Buddah, Wicka, Jesus, Darwin, Dawkins, Mohummed, Satan, or any political pundit of the week, it is based in the human psyche for a few people in the world to attempt to press their will upon others. It is not limited to the religious. Your hatred radiates more briliantly with every anti-religious forum topic you create.

Onus, you state that it is about control and not about religion but you offer 8 references to religion and a catch all, political pundit of the day to support this claim.  Most political pundits are at least claiming to be religious and usually of the christian faith. Everything you stated points to the fact that is, all about religion.

1. profile image0
        Onusonusposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hey man, I threw in the needed ammount of diversity to encompass people from all walks of life in order to stress my point. I'm sorry to have to be the one to inform you that even people who share your beliefs are imperfect as well.

I underdstand now but please tell me the list of imperfect people doesn't include me, I will be devastated, lol.

2. profile image0

The aggression you display every time you accuse others of hatred becasue they don't see the world through the same pinhole you do is a perfect example of the christian attitude that this thread points up.

I believe that you have served in the armed forces as I have, don't you feel used and abused by your country - as I did, for supposedly defending your country but then finding it was all about someone else getting rich on your back ?  Or did your religion justify the work you were doing becuse they were Muslim or Commies or whatever ?

This is the role of christianity, and most other fundamental religions in war and the creation of divisions around the world and in our daily lives.  If it was a force for peace and unity I would support it and pretend your god exists as a good idea.

3. profile image0

hatred?  whatever.  Why such an accusation - do you actually believe the judge should have been killed?

what's wrong with highlighting things that actually happen & having them think for themselves?

you're a mormon?  How extremist are you?  Into 'blood atonement' - murder for certain sins?

http://www.arlindo-correia.com/mormons.html

1. profile image0

Sorry to tell you but my religion does not practice "Blood atonement." Interesting though that you had to wade through a bunch of misinformed anti-Mormon propoganda in order to illustrate your agenda. I expect you will be throwing the whole of Christianity in with the west boro baptists as well, because they realy know what core Christian values are. LOL! Very shocking.........

1. profile image0

Maybe it's just the fundamental mormon splinter sects that are into blood atonement.  I see they still practise polygamy like your prophet Smith.

how about your space doctrines? 

http://www.i4m.com/think/lists/mormon_science.htm

1. profile image0

Here dude.
            http://www.fairlds.org/
            if you want to spew out a bunch of crap that isn't true about my religion, talk to these guys. I don't feel like wasting the rest of the day refuting a bunch of weak claims made by people who get paid to save me from the big bad Mormon Jesus.

1. profile image0

I just read 3 articles off that site - what a load of waffle. 

What exactly are you denying?  That J.Smith had several wives?  That early mormon church practised polygamy (and fundies still do)?  That you don't have outer space doctrines like dinosaur bones coming from other planets?

1. profile image0

Is everything you say for shock value?
                I think you need to diversify yourself, Try spreading out the Mormon hate stuff to other ministries, those rethink guys are such a dry read.
                Affirmation - Gay and Lesbian Latter Day Saints
                CARM.ORG - Christian apologetics site
                Concerned Christians - Evangelical ministry of former Mormons
                Contender Ministries - Evangelical ministry critical of Latter Day Saints.
                Exmormon.org - For those who have left the LDS Church
                The Exmormon Foundation - Critics of Latter Day Saints
                Main Street Church (Brigham City, UT) (Formerly Living Hope Christian Fellowship) - Evangelical Ministry to Latter Day Saints
                Living Hope Ministries - Videos about Mormonism
                Mormonism Research Ministry - Critics of Latter Day Saints
                Contender Ministries - Critics of Latter Day Saints
                The Mormon Curtain - Critics of Latter Day Saints
                Mormons in Transition - Critics of Latter Day Saints
                Nauvoo Christian Visitors Center - Critics of Latter Day Saints
                Post-Mormon organization - Support for ex-mormons
                Rethinking Mormonism - Criticisms of the LDS church
                Salamander Society - Critics of Latter Day Saints
                Utah Lighthouse Ministry - Maintained by Sandra Tanner
                [2] - Reform Mormonism - critically considers latter day views and evoking a return to the "Nauvoo era" views of Joseph Smith and rationality based religion.

1. profile image0

Now if you realy want to shock people I'd go with "Living hope ministries" if I were you. They always put out the most colorful stuff.

1. Woman Of Courage profile image60
                    Woman Of Courageposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Onusonus, Agreed.

2. profile image0

gosh, you are very touchy - hit a nerve?  Does anyone else think anything I said was hateful or shocking?

I see JSmith believed those with dark skin were from Cain's line & considered evil.  Sounds just as bad as the Westboro's

http://www.i4m.com/think/history/mormon_racism.htm

1. profile image0

I wouldn't waste my time at salamander socioty though, they tend to come at you with the Jerry Springer approach. Very tacky. Who knows, it just may be right up your alley.

2. profile image0

Yes the whole thing about Black people is shocking as well when taken out of context. Out of context refrences are the standard operational procedure for the Anti-Mormons.

7. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

On the evolutionary ladder humans are social primates. All social primates have hierarchical structures in their group, with only a few animals at the top doing the thinking and the decision making.

Really we humans are still just like that, but in much larger groups.  That's why people like religion - they can just follow, be told what to do, and not think.  Any animal that steps out of line by acting and thinking independently in a primate group is punished and driven off - not much change there then!

8. profile image0
    Muldanianposted 13 years ago

Some Christians have a long established tradition of holding a bible in the one hand and a gun in the other.  What do they honestly think Christ would have thought of this?  Maybe they should read their bibles, instead of using them to attack others.  If they think killing people is what Christ would have wanted, they surely have missed the point.

9. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

I find it odd when people receive death threats they are up-in-arms, yet put their lives in constant harms way to prove something, discover something, impose something, attempt something --be it what they eat, the air they breathe, pills they take, machines they operate, places they go, etc...

The irony is most believe they are going to die at some point and everything they ever knew will end when their brain dissolves and their bodies dissolve into stardust or what-have-you..

So, what's all the hub bub about death and the threats of it?

James

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
      Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Personally, if I die because of something I have chosen to risk my life doing, it is at least my choice and I can consider the odds.  But someone deciding for me seems to be a bit different, in my opinion.  smile

2. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Like skydiving or surfing, you need to experience it to understand the hub bub, bub. smile

1. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

have done surfing --and enjoyed it! Also repelling. smile

3. profile image0

it's about hypocrisy

10. William R. Wilson profile image61
    William R. Wilsonposted 13 years ago

Actually, I kind of want some death treats.  I'm a big fan of death metal, so I'm betting I would enjoy death treats too.

1. profile image0

my cat was playing with a lizard the other night - maybe he considered it a death treat?

We put the lizard outside, not sure if it was dead or alive.  It disappeared after an hour, so it either resurrected or something ate it

1. William R. Wilson profile image61
        William R. Wilsonposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Hmm.. resurrected?  Maybe it was the lizard Jesus?

1. William R. Wilson profile image61

Or maybe the Jesus Christ Lizard?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45yabrnryXk

2. profile image0

maybe the lizard was called lazarus?  Anyway, could be described as a miracle wink

1. Troy C. profile image60
            Troy C.posted 13 years agoin reply to this

You know, I was wondering what to call you guys, atheist, agnostics, lost sheep, etc. but then I read 1 John 2:22 Who is the liar but the person who denies that Jesus is the Christ? This one is the antichrist: the person who denies the father and the Son. Especially those as described in 1 John 2:19. From now on I will address you as what you are and oh yes , the antichrists who tried to reach me by email: deleted unread.

1. profile image0

I can't imagine anyone would waste their time trying to communicate with you by email or any other form of correspondence.  Trying to 'big yourself up' is a little childish and clearly a cry for attention.

2. Troy C. profile image60

Helly Bailey was a bear
              Speading hate everywhere
              One day she awoke in hell
              Wondering whats that awful smell
              It was her fur it had started to burn
              And for Jesus she did yearn
              But alas it was too late
              Because for her they had locked the gate

You had better wake up before it's too late

Nice try  cm, deleted, unread.

2. getitrite profile image72

This is an awful thing to wish upon even your worst enemy, yet you flippantly state this extremely evil poem.

Just what kind of evil God is this that causes people to act in diabolical and compltetely heartless ways as this?

It appears, Troy,that the only reason you worship your God is because you have a grave fear of this mythical place called hell.  This is a senseless neurotic delusion. 

It would appear that the weak are easily frightened.

1. profile image0

this article is most appropriate - 20 reasons for abandoning christianity

http://www.seesharppress.com/20reasons.html

1. getitrite profile image72

I like this statement by St. Thomas Aquinas, it describes Troy's mind-set to the letter:

As St. Thomas Aquinas put it:

"In order that the happiness of the saints may be more delightful and that they may give to God more copious thanks for it, they are permitted perfectly to behold the sufferings of the damned . . . The saints will rejoice in the punishment of the damned."

3. profile image0

whose the hateful one Troy?  You're the one that started the thread 'why does god let atheists live'?  and a hate poem - stooping to new lows - watch out, get much lower and you're be frying in this hell you harp on about
                why would anyone bother emailing you?  don't flatter yourself

watchout!  the antichrists are after you - how are you going to escape? 

and grow a sense of humour if that is at all possible - the lizard thing was a joke - doh!

now what sect were you again?  catholic?  I'm sure someone could come up with a poem with Troy & boy.

1. profile image0

Just ignore empty shells of hate and fear looking for attention.  With children the best thing to do is to ignore them until they get over themselves.  That hollow, super inflated ego sure takes over sometimes doesn't it.

1. profile image0

there's plenty of hypocritical 'christians' out there - he has a hub called 'why do they hate us when all they do is love them' and goes on to call unbelievers rabid dogs & pigs.  Hmmmm

3. William R. Wilson profile image61

Oh well.  Gee.

Greetings everyone, well first off I have to say I broke my rule Of not reading your comments, as I was skimming for something positive. I congratulate you, you guys were pretty tame today. Now as for the misquotes of me.

The hub title is "why does God allow athiest and agnostics to exist" not lve.
                The meaning behind the title is why does'nt he just make us all Christians.
                And the overwhelming answer was:free will.

Now on to calling you antichrists dogs and pigs: I said you attack us like ravenous dogs and pigs at feeding time or something like that. An analogy to point out how vicious your attacks are.

You antichrists are always twisting things.

I do love you and it gets easier and easier, the more I study the word. I'm not where I want to be but I'm not where I used to be. I'm more like Peter in the Garden than Peter at Pentecost. I'll get there. But the term antichrist stays because that is straight from the Bible, not me I'm just explaining this so people wont believe your lies, they can go check it out for themselves.

1. profile image0

I can't believe you 'love us' because of your own viscious, hateful attacks

Your words:
                  "I can only wonder why they hate us...

Why they ridicule and berate us...Then they attack

Like ravenous pigs or rabid dogs"

Gee, you really don't get it do you.  For the record, I don't hate you, but I don't like you either.  Such hateful imagery - I've never used such hateful imagery writing about believers.

your words:
                  http://hubpages.com/forum/topic/57001#post1311926

"Why is it that the creator of heaven and earth would allow himself and those who believe in him to be ridiculed and persecuted. Why he would not only let them exsist but allow them to thrive while here on earth. "
                  "Another reason God allows them to exist here in the hubpages is so that when we face the enemy in the physical world, we are better equipped to handel the situation. I'm learning more and more about his tactics."
                  "Randy , the snake you have on all your posts represent the serpent you serve"
                  'They are headed to hell on the devils highway."

What a loving message - I want to go back to being a christian - NOT!

2. profile image0

'antichrist stays because straight from the bible'

the bible refers to THE antichrist - ie one that does miracles, so can't be us - looks like you need to read your bible better

http://hubpages.com/hub/IDENTIFYING-THE-ANTICHRIST

http://christianity.about.com/od/endtim … christ.htm

1. profile image0

There is no "the antichrist".. there is only the spirit of antichrist. There are only 4 verses in the NT where the word antichrist is used

1 John 2:18   Little children, it is the last time: and as ye have heard that antichrist shall come, even now are there many antichrists; whereby we know that it is the last time.

1 John 2:22   Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3   And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

2 John 1:7   For many deceivers are entered into the world, who confess not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

and none of them point to an end time personage of "the antichrist". This is something you have been taught and not learned and it is wrong and you mimic what you have not researched. How much more is the same way.

3. Randy Godwin profile image60
                  Randy Godwinposted 13 years agoin reply to this

And don't think we non-believers don't appreciate you, Troy.  You present a good example of why we are so against your particular god, whichever one it is.  Your insults and self-righteous judging of others merely helps us point out the ignorance of your beliefs.  Once again, thanks!  You're doing Satan's work for him!lol

4. Beelzedad profile image58
                  Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Breaking your own rules seems to be your forte.

Yes, and continue to feel free to chastise where you can find equally appalling verses and quotes from your holy book to make yourself appear superior to everyone and then state that it's okay to do so because it's in your holy book. 

As an aside though, it's not working. smile

1. profile image0

what about the appalling history of north america? or the taking of africans to be slaves against their will... does this make you want to NOT believe in humankind?
                    One sided perceptions do not make an equable debate

5. Slarty O'Brian profile image82
                  Slarty O'Brianposted 13 years agoin reply to this

There is a problem with a god that knows everything in advance and free will. If you have one you can't have the other by default. So which is it? Does your god know all in advance or do you have free will? You can't have it both ways. Just thought you should know.

1. profile image0

How does knowing things in advance negate free will? If he doesn't step in and prevent you from doing what you want to do then you were able to exercise your agency without any interferance. That's simply God knowing what's going to happen and letting it happen.

11. yankeeintexas profile image60
    yankeeintexasposted 13 years ago

You can say I am "Religious, and I am definitely believe in "Intelligent Design" but, I don't make death threats to people that believe differently than I do, nor do those I associate with people that make threats!
    I am sure that just as many "Evolutionist" kill, and make threats for no reason other than to do it!
    Just because one person threatens some dumb judge does not mean the rest of us are like him! Just think about it!!!!!!!!!

1. profile image0

it sounds like it wasn't a dumb judge, just some bigoted religionists

1. yankeeintexas profile image60
        yankeeintexasposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I am sorry! An uneducated judge being threatened by a psycho!

1. skyfire profile image79
          skyfireposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yeah just because he gives decision against creationists he becomes uneducated ? I wonder what points were raised by so-called educated creationists.

2. profile image0

try lots of psychos. Uneducated?  Because he knew that the US constitution was not actually built on christianity like many like to think?  And he knew 'intelligent design' was not science & doesn't belong in science class

So you think the "Theory of Evolution" should be taught as fact? It is what it is, a theory!
            Also, if the judge was truly educated he would not be blaming a group of citizens for the action of ONE psycho!

1. profile image0

you obviously don't have the foggiest what a scientific theory is. 

ID does not even meet the criteria for a scientific theory.  Evolution does.  ID doesn't belong in science class, but in religion

Enough to know if it say "Theory" than it is a "Theory"!

3. Merlin Fraser profile image60
          Merlin Fraserposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Sounds to me like a severe case of Pot and Kettle calling...

Is it possible to rise to become a Judge in the USof A without an education ?

However I will grant you one small correct fact when you challenge the state of the US Eucation system if they still consider the subject of Evolution and the Origin of species are still theories then they as well as you could stand a little update.

I know some of you are not going to be able to grasp the simple truth of the next statement but it has already been proven and accepted by most branches of serious science and most serious religions.

Get Over It and move on because quite frankly watching asinine discussions like this one make my brain hurt just trying to comprehend such a lack of understanding.

12. skyfire profile image79
    skyfireposted 13 years ago

So you think 'creationism' should be taught as fact ? It is what it is, a quack. Refer - 6000 year old theory, BS of biblical evidence in this quack just in case if you need help to find what's quack in it.

When did "Theory" become fact? If something is a "Theory" than it should taught as a "Theory"!
      Also, for your information I have not refereed to anything as being "quack", you are! But, since we are now calling things "quack" it is a "quack" to me that science takes a theory and goes backwards when I was taught that science takes a theory and goes forward. That is what is very wrong with the "Theory" of Evolution"!
      By the way, since Creationism is a belief than it should taught as a belief!
      Happy?

13. skyfire profile image79

What makes you think there is only ONE psycho ? Christianity produces such psychos in large numbers everyday.

And your kind don't?
      All I have seen is when somebody kills, and they are not a Christian, science says its not their fault but it is something genetic! If somebody kills, and they are "Religious" than it is because they are religious the kill!
      So, tell me something is all because of religion, or genetics? It can only be one!

14. skyfire profile image79

Exactly. And about quack, yes i said it and i'm sticking to that point. Creationism failed to prove the existence of earth with timeframe of 6000 years old, that makes it instant quack. Because they tried to use science to prove their belief and failed.

Evolution talks about how life is evolved so it always points to how life was from the past and moving to the future. Abiogenesis deal with how life was created. Your attack against evolution stems from ignorance of multiple theories in science. Evolution is both fact and a theory. Your so-called educated creationists failed to see this point.

http://www.actionbioscience.org/evolution/lenski.html

15. skyfire profile image79

My kind. Well i'm human and i have seen humans killing for money, power and women. What about you ? Your kind kill for religion ? That looks more to me like some psychological issue. You only get mental satisfaction of eliminating person who is opposed to your religion-from killing for religious reason.

Also a result from brainwashing, social harassment and abuse.

Of course every type of attack has some motive, be it religious or money. You're just trying to ignore that your kind (holier than us humans) have no such defect.

Nope. It can be more than one at the same time. You can provoke a person whose genetic background in the bloodline is just fine and now attacks other humans. Child of serial killer is not necessarily becomes fredy or jason in future.

16. skyfire profile image79

No proof. Making wild claims out of thin air.

Nope. You're not using free will but more of choice which is offered to you from the number of choices which the entity already knows no matter which you choose. If it's calculated choices then it's free-choice. It has to be from the infinite set of results to be a free-will. Your actions are limited and so the choices in any situation, there is no need for guidance to begin with.

The chances of falling and learning to ride bike is related to the ability of the learner. Some people just keep on falling and never learn to ride the bike the right way or they take time to learn it. Allowing someone to take chances to learn it has nothing to do with free will or choice so analogy is poor here.

Entity becomes useless when there are computed sets of choices for every species that entity creates. Because once computed every action that you take or miss can be kept in alternate reality and let it process without any interruption from the entity(refer to quantum physics for this theory). Expecting there is always one option out of computed choices makes entity useless in this process where you're trying to make it useful for your mental satisfaction. If it's just one choice which you feel as guidance from entity then things from that entity then it can be put into automation and you just appear to act like a robot.

1. profile image0

Skyfire wrote;
      "No proof. Making wild claims out of thin air."

There is proof, you just don't want to hear about it.

"Nope. You're not using free will but more of choice which is offered to you from the number of choices which the entity already knows no matter which you choose. If it's calculated choices then it's free-choice. It has to be from the infinite set of results to be a free-will. Your actions are limited and so the choices in any situation, there is no need for guidance to begin with."

The freedom to choose is what free will is.

"The chances of falling and learning to ride bike is related to the ability of the learner. Some people just keep on falling and never learn to ride the bike the right way or they take time to learn it. Allowing someone to take chances to learn it has nothing to do with free will or choice so analogy is poor here."

I've never seen anyone who gave up on learning to ride a bike, this analogy pertains precicely to life and gaining experience. 

"Entity becomes useless when there are computed sets of choices for every species that entity creates. Because once computed every action that you take or miss can be kept in alternate reality and let it process without any interruption from the entity(refer to quantum physics for this theory). Expecting there is always one option out of computed choices makes entity useless in this process where you're trying to make it useful for your mental satisfaction. If it's just one choice which you feel as guidance from entity then things from that entity then it can be put into automation and you just appear to act like a robot."

One learns a much greater deal through actual experimentation vice simplistic computation.

17. skyfire profile image79

Nope. I'm ready to hear it but your religious way of explanation don't stand against dissection and skepticism.

If that choice is known by entity then it's not free will but more of guided action irrespective of which choice you make from available choice.

This is where your analogy fails that you don't see anything that's happening makes impossible for you. Isn't that what you throw-ed at to me in first quoted reply ? (ref - you don't want to hear about it). 

and yet fail to give proof ? if your choices are already computed by creator then your choice is not free will but part of guided decision of creator and you appear to be a robot. If you don't want to be a robot and choose from set of decision unknown to creator, then creator appears to be a non-omniscient entity. Choose the one which fits you wink

1. profile image0

Your religious way of explanation doesn't stand against dissection and skepticism. Bad sentence structure.  Not if that entity abstains from interupting the outcome of things he already knows will happen, then he has no control over it.  Not realy.  If god were all powerful then what would stop him from just moving us around like a bunch of Chess peices, what would be the poing of that? Obvoiusly we use our agency to make decisions, hence we exercise our free will from one moment to the next.

18. skyfire profile image79

Learning slowly as this is my 4th language, hope you get my point.

Either interruption or not, omniscient entity knows about all the choices, agree or disagree ?

It is. Check the replies.

Same reasoning applied when you give reasoning for prayers, love from him or think about merging with him after death. You're believer so make out reasoning if you think our choices are random and not known by non-omniscient god.

Free will which is already computed by entity, if it's not computed then god loses it's omniscient powers.

19. BobbiRant profile image60
    BobbiRantposted 13 years ago

People who pose death threats obviously are not very religious.  Crackpots and fanatics come in all sizes, colors and affiliations.  I don't judge an entire group by some nut cases who grab all the headlines.  Let's face it; 'dog bites man' is not news but 'man bites dog' grabs the headlines.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)