Truth is not a Constant

Jump to Last Post 1-19 of 19 discussions (153 posts)
  1. profile image0
    just_curiousposted 13 years ago

I enjoy hearing people’s opinions; to a point, like most everyone. I sometimes wonder, when the conversations become heated, if everyone remembers that truth in many things is little more than the sum total of each individual’s experiences. I’m curious how anyone becomes set in a system of beliefs so firmly that they feel the need to belittle others that don’t agree with their concept of Truth.

Two people can start from any point and follow logic and reason; yet find themselves drawing a different conclusion once all the facts, as they perceive them, are in.

Of course, I realize that maybe I misread a spirited debate as discordance, but I don’t think that is always true.

I suppose what I would like to discuss is - Why do the terms ludicrous, delusional and ‘you’re headed for hell’ (among others) pop up? Do the people saying these things believe them? If so, could you try and explain how you have arrived at the conclusion that only you can be right for anyone but yourself?

1. kess profile image60
      kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

When one goes up...or goes down....in or out...left or right...
      Did he do so because of truth?

So indeed Truth is constant, consistent and single thus Absolute.

The only other way is the false....

Do not get confused with directions and Truth.

1. profile image0
        just_curiousposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I would disagree in that the statement does not always apply and yet I believe that, for you, there is absolute truth in what you say. Do you consider that to apply to everyone? Does everyone have to see that as truth? If so, can you explain why?

1. kess profile image60
          kessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

A man cannot Know Truth unless he find it within himself.....

All men has their measure of Truth.. but not all are able to come to the full knowledge.

The man with Truth will know himself and all others...

The man without will never ever know himself nor another.

What is your testimony do you know Truth....?

If yes..then you need not ask another anything, neither will prolong debates with those who do not.

2. profile image0
          Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

It is by application that truth becomes invalid or inconsistent. How? By the perception/perspective (a priori ) of the applier, condition placed or queried (the priori of the applicants view) or the result of the application (the posteriori /solution determined by the applicant) and not the truth applying itself to the applicant without preset, predetermination, prediction by the applicant.

Truth cannot be reasoned by humanistic methods, nor can The Ism --by sensation or science-- confirm or deny truth using said methods.
          So any human reasoning as what or not truth, is simply a cyclical (and often cynical) application of the tres priori. Else, truth would abound in humans as it does in creation.

James.

2. Shadesbreath profile image77
      Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

If you are genuinely curious about this subject, do some reading under the terms "relativism" and "absolutism."

There's a great deal of good philosophy and anthropology operating in and around those concepts. It's been my experience that the less people know, the more certain they are in their beliefs. And vice versa.

1. Paraglider profile image87
        Paragliderposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's good advice. Also don't spend too long on anyone who claims to know The Truth. It usually just means s/he likes upper case letters.

2. profile image0

Good advice, thanks. And I agree with your last statement.

3. Jerami profile image59
        Jeramiposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You might say that  ... " why don't you read up on it; and then you will know,  why ask this in forrums?"

But sometimes a person can learn much more by talking about it with othrs.  And that way sometimes, more than one person can learn something. 
           That is, IF  You/me  are wanting to learn something.

1. Shadesbreath profile image77
          Shadesbreathposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Yes, I suppose in a hypothetical world I might have said that, but by having added that last part, I would have undermined the reasoning that you gave regarding discussion, which is why I didn't say it.  smile

4. profile image0
        Motown2Chitownposted 13 years agoin reply to this

This is great advice, Shades.  I think it's imperative to educate yourself about different -isms.

My own experience has been that the less I know, the more I realize I want to know, and that just make me desperate to go out and try to know more.  I admit, without shame, that I am insatiably curious.  On the flip side, I do believe that there's something in the essence of humanity that resonates to truth and common sense.  I believe that truth is constant.  I also believe that it can be known through natural law, and whether we choose to believe it or not, there is a natural law that dictates the universe (whether you call it God or physics or what the hell ever).  In short, the more you come to know, the more you come to know how much you don't know.  And, as a believing Christian, I can never understand how a person can say with absolute certainty that this is what is and there can be no other.  Like the Christians who refuse to believe in aliens because it's anti-scriptural.  Uh, okay.  So the God you believe created the universe can't sustain life outside of THIS planet?  He's so limited (your omniscient, omnipresent, omnipotent God) that it is beyond Him to have created a civilization outside of the one you know?  Over eleven years of a very crazy journey with God, I've learned one thing.  If you are so arrogant as to believe, and to actually come out and say that you know the mind of God, then you are a fool.  Dig into the mind and heart of God and you will find yourself in an ENDLESS quest for truth and knowledge. And for the Christians who want to beat me up for having the gall to make a statement such as this - grab a concordance and look up "the mind of God" and "search his heart" and "know his ways."  Even the most convicted believer needs to acknowledge that there are things we may never know about this earthly existence.  That doesn't make it any less true.  That doesn't make it any less constant.  It just makes it truth that we haven't learned yet.

And, the same can be true of those who don't believe in God because you can't prove he exists.  If you have in fact covered every base on every issue in every phase of your, or your earth's existence, then you know it all.  No further need for questions, experiments, discussions, or anything else for that matter.  You've figured it all out and you have completed your journey.  You are therefore dismissed.  smile

Seems like maybe rather than knowing it all and making sure everyone knows that we do, we should concentrate on those things we actually might NOT know.  There's much greater joy in learning than in knowing, IMHO.

Wow.  Long winded.  Really sorry for that.

3. qwark profile image61
      qwarkposted 13 years agoin reply to this

"Truth" IS "truth," regardless of ones "concept" of it.
      No more need be said on that question.
      Qwark

1. profile image0

Hey, I'm only talking beliefs. I posted this under beliefs. Do you believe your statement holds true for this? Thanks.

1. qwark profile image61

Hi Curious:
          Yep!
          Qwark

4. Beelzedad profile image58
      Beelzedadposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Not at all. Individual experiences change dramatically from person to person with often contradictory and hypocritical results.

Sorry, do you mean one persons concept of the truth compared with another persons concept of the truth? Perhaps, you're referring to opinions and not truths.

I look to reality for answers rather than someones personal experience as it can be easily shown that personal experience often doesn't align with reality. smile

1. profile image0

I see what you are saying, but I think reality is what you perceive it to be. I just think truth is too. I don't think when people disagree on beliefs it means one is right, one is wrong. The truth is, the truth to each one.  You've processed the information through the sieve of your own experiences. You're unique. Of course it won't match anyone else. Why do some believe it has to? Or that someone else is on dangerous ground because it doesn't?

1. Beelzedad profile image58

So, if someone placed a banana in front of you, would you call it an apple because that is your perception of it, and you will argue emphatically that it is indeed an apple?

Your experiences tell you that it is an apple because you have processed the information for a banana through the sieve of your own experiences, because you're unique, hence it won't match anyone else, who might perceive it as a pomegranate. smile

1. profile image0

Well, perhaps we're comparing apples to oranges here. And, if so,i agree with your statement that an apple is an apple is an apple. But, if someone said they did not agree I would not automatically assume they were wrong. They might think I was wrong because I wasn't referring to it as a Mcintosh. On some level, they'd be right, that I was wrong.

5. getitrite profile image72
      getitriteposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I suppose you have experienced virgin births, resurrections, talking snakes, global floods, and  seas being parted.

But believers do not follow logic and reason, and this is were the disagreement starts.  The believer thinks he is following logic, but what he is engaged in is intellectual dishonesty--which is anti-truth.

The belief in nonsense is ludicrous, or do you not agree?
      As far as the "you're headed for hell" this is also ludicrous.

If you are trying to promote the belief in the bible as being a logical conclusion, or alternative conclusion, maybe you should read it again.

1. profile image0

Actually I'm just trying to understand why some people insist they know it all and everyone else is wrong. You're one of the ones I'm looking for,i think. Would you care to expand on your previous post, or is that the extent of your stand?

1. getitrite profile image72

So HAVE you experienced virgin births, or resurrections to be truths?  Have you?  Then why are you proposing that we accept your opinion as truth?  This why the term ludicrous is relevant.

I have seen many people die, and to this date, they are all still dead.  That appears to be the truth in my experience.  Do you not agree?

You are being intellectually dishonest, because you have a fear of the unknown, and of authority you think that the bible represents.  This is the effect of indoctrination.

In reality, religions have little to do with truth, and I think you know that, because you seem to be struggling to get us to agree that you are not delusional.

1. profile image0

No, I think you misunderstand. I don't mind when people cal me dillusional, it doesn't make it so. I just wonder why a person would think they knew so much. To me, that seems a little dillusional, but I don't believe that is within amyone's right to say.

I believe that my dog commands me to shoplift, when I take him to the market with me, and just because you call me delusional does not make it so. lol

It is not that anyone here is saying they "know so much."
              It's that we are simply accepting reality.  Why do you have such a problem with that? 

You are trying to put accepting reality on the same level as believing in mythical nonsense.

1. profile image0

Not at all. But we don't know everything about any reality. Physical or otherwise. I just find it difficult to understand what I consider to be pompous and supercilious people. I am attempting to understand. I hope you can help.

Maybe this will help.

1 Corinthians 13
                  When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. (NIV)

1. profile image0

You're cute. Very nice way to make your point. Thanks.

6. TheHumanCondition profile image61
      TheHumanConditionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The strange thing about truth is that it's only truth if you believe it is. So, when people are vehemently professing what they believe is the truth, it really is to them. Unfortunately, many people don't think about the fact that 'truth' is personal, and different for everyone. But that brings more issues to the fore: if everyone believes in a different truth, what is true? Who is right? And, that being the case, how can we judge who is right?

1. profile image0

You are 100% right. In my opinion.

1. TheHumanCondition profile image61
          TheHumanConditionposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You could say that the truth is there is no such thing as universal truth, just like there is no such thing as true beauty: they are both in the eye of the beholder. But that doesn't make it any less true to me.

Interesting topic! Thanks for this!

1. profile image0

No problem. Thanks for getting whate I was trying to say. I got harassed by the atheist so hard at first, (it appeared they thought I was simply trying to talk about God) I rolled my eyes and stopped reading the posts in this forum. It was just by chance I decided to check out yours when the email hit my inbox. I guess I've found someone that can talk off subject. Look forward to more of your posts.

7. Shahid Bukhari profile image60
      Shahid Bukhariposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Truth ... Is.
      Thus ... the Universal Constant.

I often; rather exrensively use the Term, Truth, in Defining The Existential's Reality.

The word Truth. per se is an Phonetic intonation, Expressing, what is Univesally considered the Reality ... Linguistics have little to do in such addressings of Reality ...

In Arabic and Islamic Urdu the word, describing Truth ... is Haq.

8. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 13 years agoin reply to this

hmmm...well, correct me if I'm mistaken, but I think the most accusations of "delusional" and etc. comes from non-believers; at least that's what I've seen (and received)....

And your theory that truth is not a constant is.....a theory I strongly disagree with.

2. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

Truth is not a constant. Goes to show you lack any understanding of truth. Good to know for future conversations.

1. profile image0

You apparently are one of those I am curious about.

1. Cagsil profile image70
        Cagsilposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Curious about me? Why? Explain.

It's not too difficult to understand that Truth is not subjective. It is objective. Truth encompasses objectivity and all knowable knowledge available.

Truth is Truth. It does not change and isn't subjected to an individual's perception.

And, to prove Truth is Truth- Truth is in everything.

Example- Truth is inside a Lie. The Truth in a Lie...is the fact that a Lie is really not Truth, but is indeed a Lie.

A person can recognize Truth when it is seen, unless they purposely, egotistically choose ignorance.

1. profile image0

So you say ignorance is people who don't agree with what you have taken as truth?

I didn't say that and again, for some reason(chosen ignorance) makes you not see the truth in the words I put down. hmm

2. Jerami profile image59

Is there anyone else in the world that you think has the understanding that you have?

You got it all  and the rest of us are so inferior.

Where have I heard that before ?

Since you choose this particular action, let's see if you can handle the consequences that come with it? hmm

Let's see you explain the difference between Truth and Fact?

1. Jerami profile image59

Do You know the difference between truth and fact ?

Or did you just read one scenario someplace that you accept as truth, and all other are only fact.

In order for you to know what the factual truth is. You would have to know everything.

Do you know everything ?

Jerami, this question is for you to answer. Asking me isn't answering the question. hmm
            Again, you're not answering my original question.
            Again, you never answered the question. And, this statement shows you lack understanding the difference between truth and facts.
            Know everything- Explain?

Are you making reference to knowing everything there is to know?

Or Are you making reference to knowing everything already known to humankind?

You do realize there is a difference between those two things? hmm

Do you relize that you are tripping while trying to do your tap dance.

If you had understanding ?  You could see that I did answer your question.

Oh boy you're a real piece of work. You post questions, yet to fail to answer the questions posed originally. Good job. Talk about useless. hmm

2. Cagsil profile image70

Where in this post did you answer my original question?

3. lightning john profile image59
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

The truth set me free.

1. profile image0

I'm right there with you.

4. lightning john profile image59
    lightning johnposted 13 years ago

The truth for me is only my reality with my limited experience.
    Funny how the word truth conjures up thoughts on religion, can not we have truth in science?

1. profile image0

Well maybe, but I don't think every scientific statement should be seen as an absolute truth. Do you? I'm not saying anything is wrong, but is there anything that doesn't have room for deeper understanding, or a finessing of the answer? Is anything the end all truth?

1. ceciliabeltran profile image63
        ceciliabeltranposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Bob Toben, author of Space TIme and Beyond said "This is reality now"

1. profile image0

I agree with that philosophy, but the right here and now for each individual. The reality we each perceive is different to varying degrees.

And, it is those perceptions of reality that could be wrong while reality remains the same. smile

5. Indigo NT profile image67
    Indigo NTposted 13 years ago

Although I believe almost any statement can be seen as just an opinion I also believe that there IS objective truth that is a constant. It's just that you can almost never be that sure.

1. profile image0

Yes. I see that too.

6. wilderness profile image95
    wildernessposted 13 years ago

There is only one reality and that reality is Truth (with a capital T)

There are also approximately as many personal perceptions of that reality as there are people.  They range from completely out of touch with the one reality to a passing acquaintance with it to a handful of perceptions correct in all perhaps but the tiniest details.  Maybe even one or two that are actually correct and in total agreement with the Truth.

Statements that begin with the phrase "I believe that..." are usually of the first variety; completely out of touch with reality. Just my personal perception of reality. big_smile

1. profile image0

Ok, so who decides the appropriate take on the one reality? Who decides what gets the capital T? How do we determine where to put the labels ' out of touch' and 'have all but the tiniest detail'. How do you know these are the truth and you aren't wrong? Don't get me wrong, I think opinions are great but when they start sounding like the person behind them thinks it is an absolute I get baffled. I'm curious how they can be so smug that everyone else is wrong.

1. wilderness profile image95
        wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

You don't know.  You only know what your perception of truth is.

If the question is important enough it needs testing to determine truth.  Does your conclusion agree with test results?  Can others find the same truth with the same test?  Is the test all inclusive, or at least as all inclusive as you can make it?  Does real and honest critical thinking support that perception?

Things are "out of touch" when the perception of reality bears no resemblance to what our observations see.  Observations do not need "interpretation" - they are what they are without need for spin to support a false perception of reality.

Many beliefs get only a n/a when referring to truth as there is no testing possible or they are only true due to definition and should never be referred to as reality or truth.  "The devil walks among us" is true only if "devil" is defined as any wrong or evil act, and the definition of wrong or evil acts is something the devil made us do.  To define "devil" as an actual undetectable creature forcing wrong actions results in the n/a catagory as by definition it cannot be detected to test.  Thus the devil should never be called real as we cannot know; it is a belief, a personal perception only that may or may not have an actual connection to reality.

1. profile image0

Ok. So, you've stated a point. A good one, in my opinion. But, you would feel comfortable telling someone, unequivocally, that they were wrong about a belief? No measure of doubt that you, yourself, might be mistaken? You feel you know enough  about everything to say that?

1. wilderness profile image95
            wildernessposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Certainly not!  I would feel comfortable, however, in stating that I can find no connection to reality in their belief.  Happens all the time.

Now if you believe the moon is made of green cheese, I would say you are wrong and point to the rocks brought back.  Few people have beliefs that are so obviously wrong.

If you say, however, that the devil walks among us I would not really have any reply except (if I got up on the wrong side of the bed) that there is no indication that it is true.  As I say, most beliefs deserve a "not applicable" when trying to connect them to reality and truth.

I try to harbor as few beliefs of that sort as possible and would never present such a belief as factual.  For instance, I do not believe in predestination; I believe the future is not the fixed, immutable thing that predestination would imply.  I am happier believing in free will and the ability to choose my actions, but would not state that I absolutely have such a thing.  It is an opinion based on nothing but my own desire for it to be true and, to date, unprovable and untestable.  There is no evidence either way; we have no indication if it is true or not so I cannot present it as factual.

7. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

Truth is unchanging and don't give a shyt about belief or opinion, god or the universe, man or biology or even evolution. It just is and shall remain. It cannot lie or bend, humans do.

1. profile image0

Yes ultimately. But how do some draw a line in the sand and say ' Eureka, I've found it. Agree or you are wrong.'

2. Rajab Nsubuga profile image61
      Rajab Nsubugaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

In the 'Art of Conversation,' Rousseau puts it that the less knowledgeable one is the more likely it is to put an impression on him. His reasoning was that, if a mind is blank the more permeable it is. However, when Galileo stated that the earth was round and that it went around the sun, people of his generation referred to him as a "mad man." I want to draw my own conclusion that "the truth is timely."

1. profile image0

I think you are very perceptive.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80
        pennyofheavenposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Nice post!

3. qwark profile image61

Rajab:

" I want to draw my own conclusion that "the truth is timely."

"The truth is timely" only to the "less knowledgeable."

Qwark

4. profile image0
        Twenty One Daysposted 13 years agoin reply to this

JJ Rousseau v Thom Hobbes.

8. profile image0
    ralwusposted 13 years ago

They're only human. Jack had it right, "You can't handle the truth."

9. SpanStar profile image59
    SpanStarposted 13 years ago

The society we have created lists itself to being a game kids played in the past called "King of The Hill"

We must maintain our status of being number one therefore we tried to re-create everyone around us into our own image.

When we become aware we are not achieving that objective that reflects on our ability to maintain our position as  "King of The Hill" resulting in lashing out.

10. PieterTheProphet profile image60
    PieterTheProphetposted 13 years ago

Truth is relative to the observer and limited by one's ability to perceive reality.  Perhaps it can be compared to talking a picture.  The quality of camera, filters used, lenses used, length of exposure, time of day, etc. can determine what a picture can look like.  Our truths are anthropocentric.  I guess if we all keep that in mind we'll have some place to start.

1. pennyofheaven profile image80

Yes agree.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

Reality is the only truth, despite ones perception of it. smile

Yes but what is reality except for ones own unique perception of it? How does one not perceive reality? By not thinking?

No, it doesn't matter in the least how one perceives reality as reality will always remain exactly the same for everyone. It will be the same for you and the same for me. No difference whatsoever. smile

How so? Take away perception what do you have? Sameness or nothingness?

Do you even know the definitions of perception and reality?

Take away perception and what you have left is; reality. Simple. smile

Apparently not your definition? Without perception we cease to exist. We would be biological entities existing without thought, without knowledge etc. We would therefore be non sentient beings.

And, that has absolutely nothing to do with reality. It will continue to remain the same for you and me whether we are sentient beings, grasshoppers, or a slice of toast.

Better check a dictionary. smile

How can you say that reality does not change with new inventions?
                       How can you say that reality does not change when New viruses and bacteria evolves?
                       How can you say that reality didn't change with the creation of the atom bomb.

Without change in reality; reality will ceases to be.

2. pennyofheaven profile image80

Ok here is wikipedias interpretation

"Reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or may be thought to be.[1] In its widest definition, reality includes everything that is and has being, whether or not it is observable or comprehensible."

Things that actually exist whether observable or comprehensible change. The seasons change, no day is ever the same, the trees grow and die etc.  Therefore reality is only real for the time it ceases to change. Whenever that is? Wikipedia then goes on to say....

"Reality" could alternatively refer (1) only to what is in the present, or (2) only to what is in the present and past, or (3) only to what is in the present and future, or (4) to what is in all of the present past and future, but it is always contrasted with what is not so included, as baing not real, so the term is somewhat amiguous in its contradictory usages."

Perhaps then I should say reality is of no value without perception. We could not identify with past present or future. We would not "know" real from illusion.

3. ceciliabeltran profile image63

Yes penny, the dictionary is a good source.

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63

he didn't get the memo. apparently there is no internet where he lives, nor tv nor time, discover, psychology today in his country.

11. ImChemist profile image58
    ImChemistposted 13 years ago

I personally like to hear different opinion from different persons because every one have his mind .

1. profile image0

I agree. I would add that, at any given time, we all touch on a percentage of the ultimate truth. We just have no way of being sure which of our firmly held beliefs of reality are the ones that wil stand the test of time, so to speak. That's why discussion can be so enlightening. Everyone has a piece of it.

12. ceciliabeltran profile image63
    ceciliabeltranposted 13 years ago

This is cool too: The Quantum Reality. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qL1OKrs … re=related

What you observe, becomes.

Rubbish.

1. profile image0

I bet you didn't even watch the whole thing. That was an amazing video.

Just watched it..  It seemed as though We already knew these things and yet had never thought about it, or imagined ourselves attempting to put it into words.

Do ya know what I mean?   I didn't know it yet it seemed to fit within my unpreceived perseption...  DUH ...  I don't know what I'm talking about ... can somebody help me.

1. profile image0

I felt the same way too. I just felt so small when I watched it. It's along the line of, I had a piece of that realty already. They just expanded on the why.

Got some folks coming over...   Gotta Go   Maybe be back later.

2. Beelzedad profile image58

I was referring to the claim, not the video. smile

1. profile image0

Really? Wow. To watch that and not be moved? Very curious.

It was rubbish. Tiny amounts of scientific theory blown completely out of proportion into far-fetched fantasy. smile

3. Beelzedad profile image58

Well, there's 10 minutes I'll never get back again. smile

Oh you haven't been reading your memos because you'll lose moments of your life. that's why. well newsflash, you enjoyed your life, meanwhile new information came and you didn't read them. Don't bother using science as an argument. You cannot possibly contribute if you are not up to speed with the reality NOW. (since it changes)

2. ceciliabeltran profile image63

lol you are truly entertaining.

2. profile image0

Absolutely Love that video. Unbelievable. That would make a great forum.

It implies so much about what we are.

1. profile image0

Yes. I love the concept. I read somewhere long ago that a jewish mystic believed we existed simply because God was watching. If He looked away, we would cease to be. I guess some others are finding the concept sound on our plane of existence too.

3. pennyofheaven profile image80

Very cool thanks!

13. profile image0
    brotheryochananposted 13 years ago

Truth may indeed not be a constant to people who tolerate a sliding scale of speech accuracy, but it would be a completely different world if nobody lied, or created falseness... the way God prefers things to be.

14. profile image51
    paarsurreyposted 13 years ago

Truth is always revealing so it cannot be a constant; yet truth never changes.

1. profile image51
      paarsurreyposted 13 years agoin reply to this
  15. melpor profile image90
    melporposted 13 years ago

What is this truth everyone is constantly seeking? It starring right at us in front of our faces everyday.

The best place to hide something is in plain sight.

Truth is simple ...  It is only when we try to be more intelectual than we realy are that understanding is lost.

16. kethyjewel profile image60
    kethyjewelposted 13 years ago

Truth is constant and lie is week.

17. Jerami profile image59
    Jeramiposted 13 years ago

Truth is what it is and never changes.

In my opinion.

Our need for  MORE   understanding of truth is everchanging.

My thoughts anyway.

18. Cagsil profile image70
    Cagsilposted 13 years ago

So let's try this again....

What is the difference between TRUTH and Fact? Answer?

And I suppose that there is but one and only one perseption suitable as an answer for your question.

And that is yours which you say that a majority of people would agree.

The Majority is not always correct.

Nice to see you avoid answering. Ridiculous that you cannot even answer a simple question. You must be really proud of yourself. hmm

When one such as yourself proposes a question such as this, it doesn't deserve an answer because I can recognize a damned if I do and damned if I don't proposition.

No thanks.

Nice pass of judgment. You're a credit to your religion. hmm WOW! roll

Thank you ...   and you as well

roll

19. profile image0
    Twenty One Daysposted 13 years ago

Truth is outside the human condition. Yet can be expressed or exemplified within, as Truth desires not the reverse.

Fact is the testosterone of a lacking human condition. Fact or facts are esoteric and/or empirical quips of suggestive/objective self (thought), lacking any valid testimony to "prove' them true --because facts rely on and are designed by humans. Provide a non-human explanation of anything and you might have a basis for fact.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)