jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (16 posts)

Why is Christianity such a hot topic here?

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
    dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago

I've been hanging out on these forums for a long time now, and you'd have to be a fool not to notice that religion is easily the most hotly debated topic on the forums. In particular, it's Christianity that gets people arguing; I haven't seen anyone fighting about Hinduism or Sikhism or Buddhism.

Why do you think Forum Hubbers discuss Christianity so much? Does Hubpages just have a bigger amount of talkative Christians (and equally talkative Atheists)?

1. prettydarkhorse profile image64
      prettydarkhorseposted 5 years ago in reply to this

hi dingdong,,religious topics touched peoples sense of being and becoming, they tend to defend it.
      Hinduism or Sikhism or Buddhism? I think that most people here don't really know about those religions/philosophy

1. 0
        Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

probably because most people on here are from western countries, which is mostly christians & atheists.  the other religions above are mostly from the east

2. Merlin Fraser profile image79
      Merlin Fraserposted 5 years ago in reply to this

None of the above...

I suppose it's a cheap form of Evangelical God Squad advertising !

They seem to have this nasty habit of invading anywhere on the Internet where they can bang their drum. I've seen many of them before, I used to think debating with them was fun but now they're just annoying.

Not sure they are truly representative of Christianity as a whole, just the Nutty Fringe, if you know what I mean !

I know one or two real Christians, even a vicar or two, and they are nothing thing like this lot on here. 

Trouble is as a general request I can't get the others to ignore them in the hope they might bugger off and annoy someone else.

I guess it just goes to prove HubPages is considered by these Morons as some sort of popular platform or they wouldn't be here.

3. superwags profile image82
      superwagsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I suspect that as the majority of people on here are from christian countries, then hinduism, sikhism and buddhism are not debated at all.

I find it a little depressing - but then ultimately end up joining in! I reckon I could be on the 150 hub mark by now if I just wrote hubs instead of coming onto these damn things!

1. dingdondingdon profile image60
        dingdondingdonposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I do wonder at how little Islam is discussed here, except when someone feels like starting a flamewar. On other forums I've found Islam often generates quite a lot of discussion, whereas on Hubpages it's barely mentioned in comparison to Christianity.

1. superwags profile image82
          superwagsposted 5 years ago in reply to this

I guess there are fewer muslims on here. As I say, I suspect it's mainly to do with the number of americans on here. There's some real nutters on here actually.

Being a Brit, I generally go through my entire day without coming into contact with anyone who'd describe themselves as religious (apart from colleagues/ friends from non-british heritage). So it's a bit of a novelty for me to come on here and have a look at what people are banging on about!

4. Beelzedad profile image60
      Beelzedadposted 5 years ago in reply to this

The brainwashing of an entire species over 20 centuries is an important issue and an ultimately dangerous problem for all of mankind. smile

5. Jesus was a hippy profile image61
      Jesus was a hippyposted 5 years ago in reply to this

because christianity is the most dominant western religion and the internet is predominately western.

I went to bangladesh last month. 150 million people ALL muslim, most could only speak bengali and there is hardly any computers.there atall let alone internet.

Thats why.

2. sofs profile image88
    sofsposted 5 years ago

Hot topic???? for bashing??? LOL smile

A great way to get attention when you start a thread on Religion smile

3. Flightkeeper profile image80
    Flightkeeperposted 5 years ago

@ OP

Because the atheists for all their hating of Christianity seem really fascinated.  It's pretty funny.  They come up with all sorts of weird stuff.

4. Ritsos profile image65
    Ritsosposted 5 years ago

I'm a Buddhist .. maybe I should start a thread ramming it down yr throats too lol

5. optimus grimlock profile image61
    optimus grimlockposted 5 years ago

because religion in itself is always interesting to debate!!!

6. pisean282311 profile image59
    pisean282311posted 5 years ago

simple because there are more Christians and some who left Christianity on hubs...since both know about the topic , there is more discussion...

1. 0
      Baileybearposted 5 years ago in reply to this

a lot of the ex-christians know more about christianity than the christians

1. 0
        BunuBobuposted 5 years ago in reply to this

Amen!!! big_smile