Name things that Christians think about Atheists that are false.
You know what this question is about - let's have another responding question to the other self-ingratiating questions up here; because that is how silly HP has this 'most popular' front page laid out. They SHOULD be actual Hubs that deserve to be up here instead of this other garbage. Because the front page of HP does not represent the writing on this site very well. Okay, maybe it represents it a little too well, LoL! Which is it do you think?
There's a laundry list...but I'll go with my favorite two that have a few variants.
1. Christians think atheists secretly believe in their god because:
A. They "only" criticize Christianity and not say Islam. Apparently this means by default atheists want Jesus up the butt or something. Has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity being the dominant religion is most areas (of the US primarily) and wielding above average influence in day to day life.
B. Simply talking about Christianity means atheists secretly want to believe in it. Don't really get how that logic follows. You could just as easily say because Christians talk about Satan that they secretly want to be hardcore Satanists.
2. There's supposedly a moral reason for atheists not wanting to accept Jesus. Atheists want to do whatever they want without having to follow any rules. So far I've only see one person go this specific route on one of my hubs, and when asked why that doesn't apply to ANY religion/gods even if they allowed me to do whatever I want, the response was that "no other religion has the same morality as Christianity", so obviously I only want to reject THAT religion. Cuz logic.
A. Atheists don't want any accountability for their actions in terms of personal choices. The whole " if it doesn't harm anyone/its a consensual group choice, have at it" clearly has no accountability factor I guess.
Mind you, I don't consider this a laundry list...
'not wanting accountability' or 'wanting to do whatever we want' when the truth is, we take responsibilty for our own lives; and most of us live a friendly, lawful existence. Souls being inherently evil is a LIE to put C's in bondage. We're all fine.
They still think certain atheists have a chance at being honest real people with strong ethics. Wrong! as this question here shows they nearly all seem to use crazy convoluted non sequitur questions to disparage all believers.
This question was asked in response to a similar one - I was being a smartalec, ha! I'm actually agnostic. I've responded to this 'atheists aren't ethical' accusation, above. We're not evil and then christ 'saves' us - that's just what you believe.
Good question indeed. You & Austinstar are among those who ask great, thought provoking questions. LOVE IT!
Here are the main things that Christians(not all Christians but the more conservative, dogmatic, fanatical, fundamentalist, & traditionalist faction) think about Atheists that are highly inconclusive:
(1) Atheists are evil. To the more conservative & fundamentalist Christian element, Atheists are evil on the basis that they don't believe in a god. To these Christians, this is highly unconscionable. In their purview, people who don't believe in a god are evil which is far from the truth. Throughout history, there have been many crimes & evil acts committed in the name of religion including Christianity. Study European history from the Middle Ages to the Enlightenment where those who weren't Christian & who had differing Christian beliefs were ostracized including excommunication, expulsion, or burned at the stake.
(2) Atheists considered to be immoral. There are some Christians who proclaim that without the belief in a god or religion that humankind really have no discernible moral basis. Again, false, Atheists are guided by inner morality. They don't depend upon religious constructs to have a moral ethos. Many religionists depend upon an outside source via a holy book, their religion, or religious authority to inculcate them with morality. Atheists seem to have a more balanced, more mature sense of morality than religionists who overwhelmingly depend upon outside sources for their morality.
(3) Atheists are lost souls. Yes, there are Christians who strongly contend that Atheists are lost souls because they don't possess a sense of wonder & an anchor which are gained by believing in a religion &/or god. Atheists gain their wonder by being involved in life. They relish this world & want to make this world a better place. They also have a strong anchor which they believe in the value of humankind & its enormous potential to do good if it discards its primitivism .
(4) Atheists don't value the sacred. To Atheists, life & the world are sacred. They refuse to relegate sacredness to matters religious as they view the latter is merely man-made constructs.
1. ATHEIST ARE NON-BELIEVERS IN ONLY THE CHRISTIAN RELIGION
Atheists do not believe in any religion, whether Christianity, Buddhist, Islam, Hinduism etc. However, atheists need to accept the fact that people in desperate situations have to believe that there is a force to save them from their condition, even if it is a rock.
Jesus Christ was a Jew, who healed the sick. He sent His disciples to preach among the lost sheep of Israel. Paul was sent to preach the message among a people who were not part of the original plan. There were those who criticized his mission, and did not believe in the message he preached. Like Paul himself, there were those who tried to stop the message he delivered. Some in those days argued that Christ had no real power because He could not save himself on the cross. Thus those who accepted the message of Jesus Christ preached by Peter and Paul, did so on faith and hoped that they would be rewarded.
2.ATHEIST ARE GOING TO BEG TO BE SAVED WHEN JESUS SHOWS UP
The bible has proven time and time again, that those who rejected the message of God, only hardened their heart when God shows up rather accepting the message. Supernatural acts, were still justified as acts of nature rather than acts of God.
3. ATHEIST HAVE READ THE ENTIRE BIBLE, AND BELIEVE THE CONTRADICTIONS
Atheists like most others who have their own interpretations of the bible, merely follow the teachings of other atheists, and use the same arguments to justify their beliefs. I have written about the Sabbath in hubpages. I am tired of Sabbath worshipers teaching that Sunday worshipers recognize nine commandments but fail to observe the one that starts with "Remember". Most businesses are open on a Saturday, including hospitals, and slaves anywhere literally have to beg for a day off.
4. ATHEISTS BELIEVE IN EVOLUTION
An African cannot convince an atheist that a watch evolve. It simply will not work, they will tell you that there is definitely a creator, and in fact the atheist will label the African as primitive. Similarly, the Christian should be able to convince the atheist that there is a maker of rain, snow and wind, they just cannot explain it.
5. ATHEISTS ARE GOOD PEOPLE
Atheists believe that Christians agree with them that one does not have to believe in God to be good. A very misinterpreted saying in the bible, is Jesus's word on the cross - Father forgive them for they know not what they do. Faced with a situation where one starts to witness outright abuse, one has to turn to religion to stop the abuse.
You have proven the point that religious people don't know anything about atheists. You are so wrong with your conclusions. But atheists don't need your religion, that's one thing you can take to the bank. We are human beings & not afraid of god
Thats true, we're not afraid of god - or dying. Most Christians find that hard to believe. Many C's believe in evolution. If Jesus 'shows up' I would sound the alarm to RUN bc the Kingdom of God is WITHIN you - anything else is a LIE. I'm agnostic
by Claire Evans 7 years ago
It's easy to deconvert to atheism because they are disappointed, hurt or because they have lost their faith due to God making sense. It's harder to suddenly make a rational atheists convert to Christianity, which is faith-based. How does it happen?
by Dwight Phoenix 3 years ago
What are the most annoying responses Christians give to questions atheists ask?I'm a christian and I think that it would be helpful in ministry, if Christians new a bit more about how atheists felt about a Christian's rebuttal
by Brittany Williams 5 years ago
Atheism only means the lack of a belief in God. Why is it so hard for Christians to realize that we dismiss their religion for the same reasons that they dismiss all other religions? It doesn't make us horrible people, immoral, or mean that we are going to hell. It just means that we think the...
by Terrex 3 years ago
Why are atheists so brave when questioning Christianity, but crap themselves when it comes to Islam?The 'art' of 'Piss Christ' and the 'hate crime' of disrespecting a Koran?Are theists just bullies who pick on those who keep quiet but cower and suck up to those who won't put up with it?
by Claire Evans 2 years ago
This topic is old, I know, but I'd like to ask it anyway. Many Christians will ask an atheist, "Why are you here if you don't believe God (should it be a Christian thread)?" Some will answer, "Because I'm trying to help you see the errors of your ways. Is this...
by ngureco 7 years ago
To You Atheists, If No God Exists To Be Obeyed, How Do You Expect Us To Be Obligated To Be Good...To Other People?
Copyright © 2019 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. HubPages® is a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.
HubPages Inc, a part of Maven Inc.
|HubPages Device ID||This is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.|
|Login||This is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.|
|HubPages Traffic Pixel||This is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.|
|Remarketing Pixels||We may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.|
|Conversion Tracking Pixels||We may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.|