We Need a good old Holy Ghost revival! If you agree say, Amen!

Jump to Last Post 1-17 of 17 discussions (80 posts)
  1. LeslieAdrienne profile image70
    LeslieAdrienneposted 12 years ago

For the sake of all the unbelievers, all HP Christian authors should agree in prayer that an outstanding wave of life changing power would flow through each word that we write and that it would ignite a Holy Ghost revival through the airwaves!!!

If you agree just say, Amen!!!

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AMEN!

1. machead profile image61
        macheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen!

2. pennyofheaven profile image78
      pennyofheavenposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I don't think there is anything blocking the airwaves. Its the receiving channels that might be tuned in to a different station or the reception is full of static.

LeslieAdrienneposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Didn't mean to imply that there was something wrong with the airwaves.... meant to say, "Let's supercharge the airwaves with a bombardment of the power of God!!! Yea!!! I get excited when I think about the possibilities!!!

big_smile:

3. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AMEN! It's time for a revivival!

4. journeyforth16 profile image61
      journeyforth16posted 12 years agoin reply to this

AMEN AND AMEN AND AAAAMEN!

5. getitrite profile image71
      getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

I disagree.  Yours is merely an effort in whimsical delusional child's play.
      However, I urge all to acknowledge the true Creator...The Flying Spaghetti Monster...who is the reason for every breath that you take.

Ahh, it is so good to worship the TRUE CREATOR!!!

RAMEN

6. 2besure profile image79
      2besureposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen! My friend.

7. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen! smile

8. AEvans profile image72
      AEvansposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Amen! big_smile But I still love my unbeliever friends too! smile

2. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 12 years ago

Amen to that one.
    Wow, I haven't heard this statement in a while.....sounds very southern, love it love it love it.  I used to say "there's nothing like a good ole southern baptist revival..."   (They get the Holy Ghost too, you know. Call em "closet pentecostals")

lol It's time for them to come out of the closet.... lol

1. Eaglekiwi profile image73
        Eaglekiwiposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol love it lol

Ok Im coming out-for Jesus!!

3. profile image0
    Eddie-Perkinsposted 12 years ago

Amen

4. Randy Godwin profile image60
    Randy Godwinposted 12 years ago

That's 6 amens!  What word do we use if we disagree?  smile  Or is that an option?

A...woman? Randy wink hehe

Oh I say AMEN!!! To revival (the alternative is worse)

2. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Randy, if we disagree we just say, "Oh my!" smile

1. Randy Godwin profile image60
        Randy Godwinposted 12 years agoin reply to this

As in lions and tigers and bears, oh my?  Especially lions!  smile

As in Oh my giddy aunt lol

5. profile image0
    Emile Rposted 12 years ago

When you guys get done with your internet revival, could you schedule a bake sale? Put me down for one coconut pie. smile

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image61
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 12 years agoin reply to this

amen to that....can i have a piece?

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Would that be a virtual pie Emile lol

Whipped it up,just for you!

http://s3.hubimg.com/u/5434010_f248.jpg

1. profile image0
        Emile Rposted 12 years agoin reply to this

That would do it, and that was fast. smile

Lol ,I must confess I had the recipe in a folder somewhere ,see Jesus is not the only one who 'saves' lol

(okok, sad attempt at tryin to be humorous)

1. profile image0

smile not a sad attempt..that was kind of cute.

Eaglekiwi,

That was kinda funny...smile

3. LeslieAdrienne profile image70

Emile, we will be too busy watching you dance in the Holy Ghost and praise God to be baking pies... big_smile

1. profile image0

I wouldn't hold your breath on that one. Even if there were a ghost,  I don't think you're following the ghost you think you are.

No offense intended

Just having some fun with you Emile.... just having some fun...

6. A Troubled Man profile image58
    A Troubled Manposted 12 years ago

Stir that pot! Stir that pot! Stir that pot!

Come on Troubled Man if you get in there and stir it with us I believe that the power of God will wrap you up, catch you up and do such a definitive work in your heart that you"ll change your name from "Troubled Man" to "Man of Solutions"...... Hallelujah and Amen!!!

big_smile big_smile big_smile

1. A Troubled Man profile image58
        A Troubled Manposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Thanks, but I prefer not to start conflict and wars, which is all that would manage to accomplish.

Power of God? What's that?

Never heard of it huh?  Well,simply said, the power of God is the ability of  God... I am glad you asked that question because there are so many intricacies regarding the power that a hub needs to be written about it....

I think I will write one,... a week or two will post it then 'thanks,,,,big_smile

I find ability to be "the quality of being able to perform; a quality that permits or facilitates achievement or accomplishment"

Sorry, but I really haven't seen any achievements, accomplishments or performances of any kind from God.

What has God done recently?

You're breathing right.... that is only the tip of the ice-berg smile

My breathing is a direct result of my lungs working correctly. Lungs are organs in the body that have evolved over millions of years because of nature.

So, what is this "tip of the ice-berg" and what has God done lately?

The tip of the ice-berg is slang meaning "this is only the beginning'

you should thank God that He formed your lungs and that they work correctly...

big_smile

1. getitrite profile image71
                    getitriteposted 12 years agoin reply to this

He could also thank Peter Pan.  And if you were honest, you would accept that there is no difference.

2. A Troubled Man profile image58

Yes, I know what it means, but using it in context to God, it doesn't mean anything, unless you know something we don't?

LOL! Why should I do that? God had nothing to do with forming my lungs, that was the work of nature.

If God formed lungs, why don't many of them work properly, or in some cases, don't work at all?

7. profile image0
    Eddie-Perkinsposted 12 years ago

Let’s have a revival, from the pulpit to the pew. Let’s have a revival that starts with me and you. Let’s not get distracted, but keep our focus. Amen! 1Timothy 1:3-7; 4:7; 2 Timothy 2:23; Titus 1:14

And Amen again -

Thank you, thank you, thank you.......big_smile

2. Woman Of Courage profile image61
      Woman Of Courageposted 12 years agoin reply to this

AMEN! smile

8. earnestshub profile image81
    earnestshubposted 12 years ago

How about a couple of good ole lynchings to go with it. smile

1. profile image0

Start your own thread for that!!!!!!!!   tonguetonguetonguetongue

1. earnestshub profile image81
        earnestshubposted 12 years agoin reply to this

lol A thread on lynching? Not a bad idea! Will I put it under religion or politics?

Or perhaps religious politics? lol

1. profile image0

I think it may work on either.  Not sure if there is a way to combine the two together. lol

Maybe we need a new mixed category. smile

1. profile image0

Ask them to create it.  wink

2. Eaglekiwi profile image73

Aww Ernest you know youre an ANZAC we gonna fit into every catergory wink

Cuz we can!

I need a new category about murdering a certain parrot named Eric right now. The bird is dragging his stainless food bowl along the bars of his cage like in a prison riot! The noise is deafening.....just how Eric likes his noise.....I'm gonna be a murderer any minute now! lol

Ya wants me to pray for him lol

Well hey he wants attention!! let him out for a wee fly around wink
                  If that dont work ,then he needs a girlfriend!

Or...apples, they lourveee apples!

smile Eric is a food freak. His favourite thing in the world is chilli.

I gave him a cheesel to shut him up, and another chilli.

If you wanna pray for the devil, go right ahead. The bird is evil.

9. teacherjoe52 profile image61
    teacherjoe52posted 12 years ago

I always pray before writing an artical for the Holy Spirit to guide my words that they may bring healing and guidence to all who read them

May the sunshine of Jesus' sweet love bless you today

Well, the "Holy Spirit" apparently misguided your spelling of the word "article" in your post.  Perhaps it needs glasses.  smile

1. Momma Mia profile image64
        Momma Miaposted 12 years agoin reply to this

perhaps glasses need true eyes of the soul to read such...  just saying.. smile Love the antics here ...  Gods love touches everyone... even if not percieved by the taker.

2. Momma Mia profile image64

perhaps glasses need true eyes of the soul to read such...  just saying.. smile Love the antics here ...  Gods love touches everyone... even if not percieved by the taker.

Or, perhaps souls need glasses because they cannot see reality with their true eyes. smile

1. Momma Mia profile image64

Good one  lol

TeacherJoe

Thank you for that....

10. profile image0
    SirDentposted 12 years ago

2Peter 3:9  The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

11. A Troubled Man profile image58

Still not seeing the Holy Ghost yet, keep up with the revival. lol

12. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

Can we pray away the will of God or humanity ?

If God said (2000 or 2500 years ago)  that it will be thuss;  Will our prayers be answered just cause we pray that it won't be SO ?

13. Jerami profile image58
    Jeramiposted 12 years ago

God don't NEED  nothing!   

When did the clay become as wise as the potter?

When did our toenail become aware of that which the brain decides?

We are the clay and but one molecule of a toenail.

However;  we know what is what, and what is not!   
    I swear we do,  Don't You?

Edit ....   OK!   
        good night Yawl.

14. Hendrika profile image67
    Hendrikaposted 12 years ago

Amen

15. Disappearinghead profile image62
    Disappearingheadposted 12 years ago

It kind of depends on what you define as a Holy Ghost revival.

- If you are thinking let's all jump up and down singing happy clappy songs to wind ourselves up into an emotional frenzy, no thanks.
    - If you are deriving your understanding of the Holy Spirit from happy clappy songs, rather than scripture, you won't be getting a 'Holy Ghost' revival. That is, the Holy Spirit is not some third being personality that forms part of God. The Holy spirit is in fact God the Father Himself as God is one and cannot be divided into three.
    - As long as you call the name of Jesus you will not see a revival either, because that is not His name; it is a made up Greek name. So call me Dave, which is not my name, and I will not answer you either.
    - When the Father came to the Earth in the flesh, (what you call Jesus), He told us that the Kingdom was in us, that we would have His Spirit, that we would do greater things. So the onus is on us. Instead of sitting about singing happy songs expecting some mystical descending of supernatural power, He has told us to just get on with it.

Right on!

16. A Troubled Man profile image58

I thought I saw the Holy Ghost yesterday, but soon found I was just daydreaming about swiss cheese.

1. profile image0
      Brenda Durhamposted 12 years agoin reply to this

hmm.
      Well, you're not alone in imagination!  I heard a visiting preacher speak in church one time, and he said he had literally seen the Holy Ghost, said he was about 6 feet tall, etc......and I wanted so badly to ask him what kinda clothing and shoes or vehicle that "Holy Ghost" had, LOL;  but I didn't.  I'm hoping the Pastor called him out on it after that, but who knows...

It's pretty bad when even Christians mistake some thing for the Holy Ghost!  But then, John mis-took an angel for the Lord a couple of times.   Many people have lots to learn.  Jesus, Lord, help us with that!

1. Disappearinghead profile image62
        Disappearingheadposted 12 years agoin reply to this

Like I'm just waiting for that time when someone tells me about their Native American spirit guide. I'm just itching to tell them about my spirit guides who appear to me as a motor cycle cop, a construction worker, and a leather clad biker.

17. jacharless profile image74
    jacharlessposted 12 years ago

Hey Dave! jeje.
    And to requote: "Get on with it". Love That!

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)