Love: Let's talk about it for a while

Jump to Last Post 1-12 of 12 discussions (33 posts)
  1. SparklingJewel profile image66
    SparklingJewelposted 15 years ago

Be it Love of God, Love of humanity, Love of pets, Love of rocks smile, Love of what ever.
    The world needs more Love, not just today, but always.

So I was listening to a new concept of a rosary this morning. It was like the traditional rosary from Catholicism, but with the difference being the ending where it says something about being a worthless sinner dieing (whatever, I never really did one of them). But this new rosary says:

"Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed are though among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
    Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sons and daughters of God, (and at the end), "now and at the hour of our victory over sin, disease and death".

Is that ending different or what? This difference really takes away the concept that humans are worthless sinners, doomed to die and rot and all that. This new rosary says to me that there is a victory over sin disease and death...to me that is what being/becoming the Christ is all about big_smile big_smile big_smile......that we have a human capacity that can reach the divine manifestation of Love !

Any comments on what I have said, or comments on Love of your own?
    Let's "pool the Love" big_smile

1. Ben Bush profile image60
      Ben Bushposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Romans 8:2,4 says the following, "....the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death......That the righteousness of the law may be fulfilled in us who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
      Plus we are also told that we already have Jesus and the Holy Spirit making interscession for us before the Father. 1John 2:1,     Hebrews 4:14    Romans 8:26-27

Love??    1John 3:1, "Behold what amnner of the love the Father has bestowed on us that we should be called the sons of God."

2. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I am hundred percent with you here.Love is it. smile

2. SparklingJewel profile image66

or here's another one

I am sharing a house with a couple that are not married. they are in their 60s and have been together for about 8 years. I am beginning to see and feel some problems in their relationship being around them even the short time that am each day. I have by myself for so long (except with my children), and haven't had to think or deal with this kind of stuff for years.

How do I set my boundaries to not let their stuff bother me? I have until the last day or two just stayed away as much as possible...but hey, I live here too !  What should I do or say, or should I do or say something about anything? What is "off limits" and what is not for me to deal with?...yuck, relationship crap to sort out big_smile

Offer help according to the situation. The less time you have known them, though, the more awkward that may be.

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Suck!!!!  Been there done that.  My advise would be to let them know that it is making you feel uncomfortable.  Honesty sweets!  Always the best way to go. 

love you, good luck.

3. Ben Bush profile image60

Whatever you do, remember to love them. smile

3. Make  Money profile image67
    Make Moneyposted 15 years ago

If the couple are living in your house (whether you rent it or not) I think you have the right to tell them to keep their problems to themselves and away from you and your kids.  But I guess it would depend on whether you moved in with them or they moved in with you and your kids.

This is the original Hail Mary.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed are Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.  Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death.  Amen.

I think with the new version of the Hail Mary saying this "now and at the hour of our victory over sin, disease and death" it wrongfully assumes that there can be a victory over sin, disease and death in this life.  It also tries to say that we are not all sinners by changing "pray for us sinners" to "pray for us sons and daughters of God".  Why would Mary need to pray for us if we are not sinners?

This prayer, the Hail Mary has been around for a long time, long before the reformation.  Besides Catholics I believe a lot of denominations still say the Hail Mary as well.  Martin Luther said the Rosary up until his death, as did other reformers.

Mike

4. SparklingJewel profile image66

Yea, that's what I mean. Gotta love them as children of God...but the humanity has it's limits! smile

I am in their house, and my kids are grown and gone, so it's a bit more complicated then asking them to tone it down.  I am glad I have a big room to hide out in on the top floor!

MM said...saying this "now and at the hour of our victory over sin, disease and death" it wrongfully assumes that there can be a victory over sin, disease and death in this life.  It also tries to say that we are not all sinners by changing "pray for us sinners" to "pray for us sons and daughters of God".  Why would Mary need to pray for us if we are not sinners? 

Wellllll...I believe that no one would be living on the planet if they did not have karma/sin, it's just the interpretation of those mistakes/misuses of energy that I see differently than most, I guess.

Everyone benefits from the intercession of Mother Mary. I don't think the new rosary does anything bad or wrong...it just might help those that have in their ignorance or willfulness stepped outside the universal order of things to feel  welcome to asking for that loving, understanding and forgiving intercession that she has to offer; instead of being blasted with being made to feel like such a worthless sinner that they don't deserve the help, which is what some religious people do to others.

True humility comes about not from being shamed into submission, but loved into grace.

I believe there is a victory to be attained over sin, disease and death...Jesus did it and he said so can we "...all these things I do, you can do also, because I go unto my Father.."

5. SparklingJewel profile image66

Soooo...where's the Love? Who's got some more love to share? Not debate, not angst, not negativity...just love big_smile

BB said..."Plus we are also told that we already have Jesus and the Holy Spirit making interscession for us before the Father." 1John 2:1,     Hebrews 4:14    Romans 8:26-27

So what does that mean to you BB? How has that worked in your life, can you give me an example?

SJ,
      Here's what it meana and just a little of how it has worked.

The verse I mentioned before is an awesome verse to consider because it tells us to consider the type of Love God the Father has given to us, a love so great that we are actually called the "sons and daughters of God." We have been adopted into God's family when we didn't deserve it. The standard we couldn't and can't meet has been met for us in the Christ. What a love!smile

This type of love fosters the same type of loving response from others. John tells us that, "We love Him because He first loved us."  And if we love Christ?

Jesus tells us that, "If you love, me keep my commandments."

And what are these commandments? Simply the guidance any Loving Father would provide to his Children. He gives his best to us and even explains certain things he has provided for us as His children.

One of those provisions is the assurance we have that we have a mediator between us and God, His son Jesus. In fact He tells us that Jesus is the only mediator provided between God and man. He also tells us that Jesus, through the Holy Spirit, intercedes for us regarding our needs, even when we aren't sure how to verbally express those needs. What a love!

And like any loving Father, he also wisely warns us about that which is not good for us. Since we have been provided the only mediator and intercessors God has authorized, we are also warned against looking to the Queen of Heaven (Jeremiah 44) to do what only Christ and the Holy Spirit has been appointed to perform. And out of love for my Father, I act according to His instruction to me, trusting that He knows what is best for me.

Debate???   Angst???? Negativity???? All of that is eliminated to the degree that I look to Him, who loved me and gave Himself for me. Love doesn't get any better than that! smile

SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Not to start a debate or anything of the sort...you are not referring to the queen of heaven in the old testatment as being the same  as Mother Mary, are you? The passages in Jeremiah are references to paganism. Mother Mary came a "bit" later smile There are many intercessors for God in the heaven world, angels, archangels, elohim, saints, etc...but yes...Jesus is THE big intercessors because of his example of the Christ Mind, showing us the way to "...do as he has done and more..." (paraphrased).

I know some Christians have a hard time sharing heaven with any of God's helpers other than Jesus...but God worked/works through many intercessors before the life of Jesus and still does today.

From my experiences there is no greater Love than that of the example of the Christ to show us the way to becoming like Him. I have also experienced much Love of God from other intercessors, and have learned to tell the difference between "imposters" of the Holy Ghost within "other attempted intercessors" and the real McCoys smile Jesus is King over an infinite universe of True intercessors showing us the ways of Love big_smile

I was asking of you an example of a life experience of that Love Intercession...if you wanted to share. I know how personal those types of experiences can be, but thought you might like to witness. The Love in our hearts is very "telling" through our words when we express to others those experiences of Love with God/Jesus and heaven's helpers.

Many Blessings to You big_smile

Not debate, not angst, not negativity...just love smile

Constantine facilitated the merger of Christianity and paganism.

As I said, our Heavenly Father had the wisdom to identify these facts for our good. And when providing us with such accurate counsel for those He died and rose again for, who are we to not listen to these specific instructions. Is this disregard proof of our love for Christ? Or does Love carry with it a higher standard than our thoughts alone?

It's easy to talk abour Love, but there are certain actions which can be considered loving actions and there are those which cannot. The standard for determining what is loving, though, should be up to God, if God is love.

So, when he gives us warning, we should listen. When he identifies who the one mediator for His People is, out of love we should listen and not add to the Word of the Self Existent One, the only I AM.

I have seen the I AM sustain me and my family for years with various needs that no one was aware of and which we had not the means to provide for ourselves. Even this past week, we were facing a crisis that I was trusting God to lead us out of, simply because I was not in a position to deliver myself. I am continually amazed at the way God lovingly guides the circumstances and brings about what we need, even when we are unsure what our need is, when we lovingly look to the I AM, our Heavenly Father.smile

SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

YES!    I AM THAT I AM!   God in me is All that I AM !

I believe God is both Father and Mother...Alpha the Father is the Energy from which all things are made and Omega is the Mother/Mater that is made from Alpha

The Beginning and the Ending,  there is no separation of the two except in the ego and carnal minds of the one perceiving. In my understanding, paganism in the human understanding began as the unity of Alpha and Omega, the Great Tao of yang/yin, but became separated by the human ego and its refusal to accept Alpha, instead only focusing on the self as mother and forgetting the Love of the Father (and I believe that subverted paganism was a reaction to the patriarchal reduction of woman in society perpetuated by evil souls [the same ones that had the serpent trick Eve with the apple]...and humanity has played it out in its dehumanizing servitude of woman and her importance in a patriarchal society, and the subsequent dehumanizing of man in a matriarchal society.
            It is good to remember that we can't have one without the other, God's creation cannot endure without both...be it Father/Mother God or father/mother human family trying to outpicture the Divine Will !

and so back to Love...when we all realize that the evil ones, the souls that choose to be fallen ones from God's Grace, are the ones we need to be fighting, not each other  or male and female, than and only then will we be able to realize the Grace of God's Universal Creation...when we can stop ourselves from being anything but loving to each other.

And so the defining of love goes on and on, we learn and we change, hopefully in the correct alignment with the Universal Order of things big_smile

2. Make  Money profile image67
          Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yeah Mary is not the same as what is mentioned in Jeremiah 44 even though Mary is referred to as the Queen of Heaven and Earth (Apoc. 12).  Mary is not divine but she did play the most important role in God's plan, more than any other human being, by saying yes to the Archangel Gabriel to be the Mother of God.

Seeing Jesus opened up the gates of Heaven with His death and resurrection I can't imagine there not being some sort of communication (intercession) for us between Jesus, Mary and the angels and saints.  We are all suppose to have a guardian angel.

When referring to the Body of Christ there are two definitions.  One being Jesus in the Eucharist.  The other being the members of the Body of Christ.  I think you started to mention the members of the Body of Christ SparklingJewel, being "angels, archangels, elohim, saints", Mary, the Holy souls in purgatory (don't fret, they are called Holy because they are on their way to Heaven) and the members of the Body of Christ on earth.  And we can all pray for each other and for those that are in most need of His mercy.  Pretty cool eh?

I'd call that love.  smile

For an example of a life experience of that Love Intercession, many times I have not been able to figure out how to do something or other.  Nothing real big, I just couldn't figure out how to do it.  I'd pray for help before I'd go to bed and as soon as I wake up the exact solution is on my mind.  Some times I have actually wrote the solution down right away so I don't forget it.  This has happened to me many times.  Call it a Love Intercession or not, I'd like to think it is.

Other ones, this has happened to me a couple of times.  It's kind of funny.  A couple of times I have fallen asleep on the couch before a fairly important appointment that I had.  Just in time to wake up to make it to the appointment on time I felt a flick of my baby toe.  As if my guardian angel just flicked my toe with his finger as if to say it's time to wake up Mike.  Guardian angel?  Who knows.  Nice thought anyway. smile     

Mike

6. SparklingJewel profile image66

I am really working on Love this week, concerning several different aspects like, how good works is great, but that the Love for God's universal order (Will, [if you will !])is what makes those good works...Work in the world. That Love creates the ultimate outcome of our service to humanity.
    It's like, for me anyway, the reasons behind why I do offer service to others is that I want to share the Love I feel for that Order (of God), the respect and desire to get the greatest outcome, the best outcome for all involved...I mean why offer a half hearted attempt (like not doing it for the best possible reasons [unselfishly, altruistically, etc]), even though that is a place to start. I have learned how to do better and have learned how to truly "mean it", Love more.

I guess for me it is to try to do better is what is important. I have really been "shown" this week where I was becoming "rote" in some aspects of my devotion and rituals. Where it was "just good enough"... but not good enough in that more love can be infused into what I offer, and to be careful to not fall into that mode of "just good enough". My heart can expand and offer more to others, even in continuing to do what I have been doing...it's not just the action, but the feeling behind, the reason behind, the Love behind the action of service.

I have also seen the fear behind sharing more love...that's the biggy here for me big_smile I was afraid of giving more of myself, confusing the "what" I was giving and the amount I was giving with the Love behind what I was giving.

Love is one of those abstract terms...is it an action verb or a noun? Can you touch it, feel it, be it, think it, act it, work it, expand it, refine it, define it !?... I feel my heart chakra spin and warm me from within. Love casts out all fear...I sense and know what that means now big_smile

1. profile image0

This made me nearly tear up.  hold on i gotta wipe the tear out from the corner of my eye. 

Your so beatiful Jewel.  You been through so much and look at you still "keepin on".  You wrote that to me once, maybe it was on my fanmail, but I remember. 

This reminded me of that quote, or scripture.  "not because we loved God but because God loved us." 

It reminds me that when we look at ourselves as I AM, then I am saying it is not because you love me, it is because I love you.

I love you Jewels.

7. SparklingJewel profile image66

Yes, MM, I would say those are definitely "Love intercessors" smile
    There are so many times people have them and are not aware, too. I have started to keep a vigil of sorts to my heavenly intercessors. Once I became fully aware to some of the times I was "Loved" I began to really desire that help, but in a subtle way, like it was kind of a secret how it all happens and something just between me and God and heavenly helpers big_smile

It has been a true joy to become an instrument of Love for others...as the Holy Spirit speaks sometimes through a person to give me a message, or through me to give someone else a message or healing words or prayers or positive thoughts of compassion, etc... As long as I stay humble to the interaction and not get all full of myself smile I think spiritual pride is one of my big issues to work on this life!

8. Make  Money profile image67

Yeah God likes humility but pride is the down fall of many.

Like Mary said in Luke 1.

"My soul doth magnify the Lord.  And my spirit hath rejoiced in God my Saviour.  Because he hath regarded the humility of his handmaid; for behold from henceforth all generations shall call me blessed.  Because he that is mighty, hath done great things to me; and holy is his name.  And his mercy is from generation unto generations, to them that fear him.  He hath showed might in his arm: he hath scattered the proud in the conceit of their heart.  He hath put down the mighty from their seat, and hath exalted the humble.  He hath filled the hungry with good things; and the rich he hath sent empty away.  He hath received Israel his servant, being mindful of his mercy:  As he spoke to our fathers, to Abraham and to his seed for ever."

9. Lady Guinevere profile image67
    Lady Guinevereposted 15 years ago

If God is in you that is it--He Is In YOU--God is total and complete LOVE there is no room for anything else but him---ego and Satan and Devil are all not there--no room fo them--it is man's fear and mis-understanding that makes satan and evil.not God or Jesus.

You are already involved dear Jewels---they are there and in your life for a reson. don't push them away.  Get involved because God is envolved in you and in everything.  You may possibly know or learn more about yourself through this.

1. mohitmisra profile image59
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Yes Lady Guinevere-God is all- all is God. smile

10. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

You know how you can tell the difference between someone who is of God and one that is not?

God's people would never call for war, God's people love everyone unconditionally, yes even thier enemies and thier biggest enemy of all "satan". 

Jesus said love your enemies too!  Who is your greatest enemy??? Satan...

1. Make  Money profile image67

No Sandra.  Jesus said love our human enemies.  Not our demonic enemies like satan.  If you love satan it will keep you from seeing God, guaranteed.  Satan has no hope of seeing God until his serpent's head is crushed, then he won't be able to steal souls away from God anymore.

1. profile image0

Right...show me scripture where it says Jesus says specifically,  "love your human enemies"?  Anyways apperantly you don't love your human enemies either otherwise you wouldn't want to kill those who oppose what you beleive.  You would rather kill whoever you believe is bad and has Satan in them because you still don't know what love is. 

Good luck, keep trying and one day you will understand what love is.  And besides Satan works for God so he see's him all the time.  You don't know what you are talking about.  Guaranteed.  smile

lol I don't want to kill those humans who oppose what I believe Sandra.

No Sandra satan does not work for God.  On the contrary God is directly opposed to satan, they are arch enemies.

They still do exorcisms if you feel that satan is in you.

It doesn't directly say humans but it is clearly implied.  In stead of showing you in the Bible where it says "love your human enemies" I'll show you in the Bible where God is directly opposed to satan.  Here's 46 examples http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/s?t=0&q=satan&b=drb  You will probably have to click each link and read the verses before and after to understand what each verse is saying.

Love
          Mike

1. profile image0

Ok but in Job it says that Satan directly works for God.  Satan is God's opposition, certainly I agree, but Satan still works for God, cleaning house doing all the dirty work.  smile  lol

Love you back.  smile

I'm not exactly sure what that means Sandra.  I'd have to read over the whole 42 chapter book of Job to find the explaintion.  You know what I mean, you pretty much have to read the whole chapter to try to understand what it's meaning is.  One verse can be translated a lot of different ways but by reading the verses before and after a particular verse is helpful to try to get the right meaning.  Some parts of the Bible are hard to understand, especially in the Old Testament.

You've probably seen war monuments depicting Saint Michael tossing lucifer out of Heaven.  There were a lot put up after the second world war when the good allied forces defeated the evil Hitler regime.  Here's a couple of those monuments.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d2/Fontaine-Saint-Michel-p1000419.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/1/14/Statue_of_Archangel_Michael_over_the_main_Gate_of_the_church_Sankt_Michaelis_in_Hamburg_Germany.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/77/Turamichele-2007-4.jpg

11. Make  Money profile image67

Also Sandra, here is a prayer that may help you.

Prayer to Saint Michael

Saint Michael the Archangel,
    defend us in battle,
    be our protection against the malice
    and snares of the devil.
    We humbly beseech God to command
    him, and do thou,
    O Prince of the Heavenly Host,
    by the divine power thrust into hell
    satan, and the other evil spirits
    who roam through the world,
    seeking the ruin of souls.
    Amen

Saint Michael the Archangel, pray for us.

-----------------------------------------------------

The battle that is spoke about in this prayer is the continual battle between good and evil, between God and satan.  The other evil spirits are satan's demonic minions. 

Saint Michael the Archangel led the army of good angels when lucifer and the bad angels were kicked out of Heaven.
    http://www.drbo.org/cgi-bin/d?b=drb& … &f=s#x

Mike

1. profile image0

If a non believer helps a believer, the non believer has been blessed.  smile 
      If a believer doesn't help a non believer, the believer never believed, he damages his own soul.  smile

Yep it works the same both ways.

I'd have to agree with that.

12. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

If one is humble then he/she says, I could be wrong.  they express faith.
    the ones who say, I know the Truth...theses ones are too proud.  They left God a long time ago. 

I use left as a parabel.  smile

Well I wouldn't say they left God but that's why I posted Mary's canticle on the previous page.

A lot of people have found the Love of God through Mary.

You are making my day Sandra.

Love ya
      Mike

1. profile image0

That's why I called it a parable.  your right they didn't leave God, they went Left.  Gods left, not right.  smile

Almost forgot, you are making me pretty happy too.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)