The Number of The Beast

Jump to Last Post 1-22 of 22 discussions (41 posts)
  1. Mark Knowles profile image60
    Mark Knowlesposted 15 years ago

Has anyone noticed hubpages' alexa ranking is currently

Does the mean the atheists, I mean, communists, I mean darwinists, I mean, spaghetti eaters, I mean left-wing, radical, freedom-hating, dolphin despising devil worshipers have finally conquered the forces of good?

big_smile

1. profile image0
      SirDentposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Actually I did notice that a few days ago. But I also know that God is greater than the number 666. tongue

2. funride profile image66
    funrideposted 15 years ago

lol

The time has come! big_smile

3. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

yikes

NOOOooo-ooo-oo-o....

4. twingwiri profile image59
    twingwiriposted 15 years ago

well i don't know much about the beast's mark but i think in luke 21 or 20 it was talking  about the end of the world. it was describing the end of the world which is lyk happening right now and i just believed that the end is near.The anti-christ can be anyone,me,or anyother athiest(Mark Knowles)

5. profile image0
    Laurie Annposted 15 years ago

Acually the number 666 was a biblical translation error.  The original numer was 616 and was a code for the name of Ceaser Nero.   yikes)   (We can all be at peace now... no devils here)  yikes)

1. profile image0

Are you sure there are no devils here?

2. profile image0
      sandra rinckposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Another one!!!!  Ugh! lol.  The last credit card I got had the identiy number 666.  What does mean. 

Oh I almost forgot, if 666 isn't the beast and 616 is, then what is 777. lol.  smile yikes

6. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Umm, that's scary - I consider 616 to be my lucky number. What does it say about me then? yikes

Can you put a link to the source of this info?

7. SweetiePie profile image82
    SweetiePieposted 15 years ago

Yesterday a person came into my work and asked directions on how to find the book 666.  The book had nothing to do with this title really, but it sounds like they were trying to sell this book by using the impact of the number.  666 is only a number and we cannot panic attack over that smile.

1. Mark Knowles profile image60
      Mark Knowlesposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Can we make jokes about it? lol

1. SweetiePie profile image82
        SweetiePieposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Sorry if I was raining on anyone's parade.  Did not think I was smile.

8. Hope Alexander profile image70
    Hope Alexanderposted 15 years ago

667 - The fax number of the beast...

9. profile image0
    Laurie Annposted 15 years ago

The number of the Beast in Revelation is 616 (and has already come and gone).  This is only one of 100s of mistranlations, mistakes and contradictions.  I received my BA and Master's in theology and came across many things such as this.  But today you can find it very easily over the internet, just be careful of your source.  I lifted this information to help all you wonderful critical thinkers along:

"Archaeologists and biblical scholars have known for decades about old manuscript copies of Revelation which say "616" instead of "666" in verse 13:18. I quote from Isaac Asimov's Guide to the Bible, p. 1213:

To understand this we must realize that down through medieval times it was common to use letters of the alphabet to signify numbers. The Jews, Greeks, and Romans all did this. We are most familiar with the Roman numerals where I = 1, V = 5, X = 10, L = 50, C = 100, D = 500, and M = 1000. It follows that words made up of these letters would also be seen to have a kind of numerical value. [...] This is hard to do in English since only a few letters of the Latin alphabet are assigned numerical values. In the Greek and Hebrew languages, however, every letter was assigned a numerical value. Naturally, then, all words in Greek or Hebrew would have numerical meaning.
    Jewish mystics in Greek and Roman times assumed that the inspired words of the Bible had significance numerically as well as literally and spent much time on the analysis of such numbers. This form of endeavor was called "gematria," a corruption of the Greek "geometria" (and our "geometry").
    The "number of the beast is an example of such gematria, the only significant example in the Bible. Commentators have considered virtually every possible candidate for the beast and the one most frequently mentioned is Nero. If his name is written in the Greek form---Neron---and if his title Caesar is added and if Neron Caesar is written in Hebrew letters, then the total numerical value is indeed 666. If the final "n" is left out, the total is 616, and some old manuscripts of Revelation have 616 rather than 666 as the number of the beast.
    Asimov's Guide to the Bible first came out in 1968.

1. profile image0

Are we tossing out the rest of the Bible? Numerology is not Biblical. It is man made. So tell me, who is/was the false prophet if Nero was the beast?

10. Sally's Trove profile image78
    Sally's Troveposted 15 years ago

666 is known to most of us as a bad luck number, a sign of the end of times, whatever...it is a number we don't want to see, and it has enough clout in certain cultures to delete it off their telephone exchanges and keep it out of their business practices. 

Laurie Ann, thanks for the background.  Numerology is not outside the bible, any more than it is outside our human consciousness (or unconscious).

For me, mostly, I stay away from 666 like I do from walking under ladders and stepping on cracks.  There's just a comfort somehow in avoidance.  Nothing to be explained rationally, but something to pay attention to, only because that was what I grew up with, and that is what my elders did.

11. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 15 years ago

My Bible says it pretty plainly and clearly Rev 13:18
    "six hundred, threescore and six"! (threescore, for those who don't know =60"
    We have a radio station, 666 ABC ( Australia). Does that mean I shouldn't listen to it?
    I actually enjoyed the shows, (mostly talk/talkback stuff.)
    666 is not a cursed or mystical number, it describes a person, yet to come onto the world scene. He is said to stand "in the place of" Christ, or "in opposition to" Christ.In other words, an imposter.(Anti-christ)

1. Jeromeo profile image59
      Jeromeoposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The term Anti Christ is used to identify every one that refuses to worship God in the manner He has presented in the Bible, with all it's sacred secrets reveled.

Be it a single person or and organization all who oppose Godly rule make up the anti Christ.

1. mohitmisra profile image61
        mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Nice Jeromeo smile

1. profile image0

Don't you mean Jesus, Jeromeo?

2. Make  Money profile image66
        Make Moneyposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Both of you are correct.  The term anti christ is used to identify every one that refuses to recognize Jesus Christ as their Savior.  They set up the system of the anti christ.  And it also means a particular person that has to show his ugly face before the second coming of Jesus Christ.  This person will mock Jesus and try to make everyone believe that he is Jesus Christ as we see in 2 Thessalonians chapter 2.

12. coolbreeze profile image44
    coolbreezeposted 15 years ago

Again Mark made my day

13. Jeromeo profile image59
    Jeromeoposted 15 years ago

Six is an imperfect number, where as 7 is a divine number.  The number 7 represents perfection and the time it took Him to create the universe, including mankind.  And it also represents the divine ruler ship, mankind needs to have ever lasting life.

The current attempt to rule mankind by mankind, is represented in, false religion, any religion that claims to represent God and preaches, beliefs to the contrary  the first
    ...............  ................6. 

It is also represented in Big government, since the beginning starting with  Ancient Egypt, then, The Assyrans, Then Babylon, Then The Mido Pershion Empire, Then Greece, Then Roman Rule, and now the combined ruler ship of ,  Great Britin, and United states.  These governments of man have tried to  take over God's rightful sovereignty, and under Satan's rule, prove that man can rule himself the second

And then there is big business such as the Stock, market and the large banks that through their greed continue to oppress mankind, the final

Identifying the Wild Beast and Its Mark

DO YOU enjoy solving a mystery? To do so, you look for clues that help you work your way toward the solution. In his inspired Word, God provides the needed clues with regard to the number 666, the name, or mark, of the wild beast of Revelation chapter 13.

In this article, we will look at four main lines of reasoning—vital clues—that will reveal the meaning of the mark of the beast. We will consider (1) how Bible names are sometimes chosen, (2) the identity of the wild beast, (3) what is meant by 666 being “a man’s number,” and (4) the significance of the number 6 and why it is written in triple digits, namely, 600 plus 60 plus 6, or 666.—Revelation 13:18.

All the factions represented by the number 6 fall short of providing mankind with the direction and purity of purpose that God intended.

The Beast Exposed

The Bible book of Daniel sheds much light on the meaning of symbolic beasts. Chapter 7 contains a vivid tableau of “four huge beasts”—a lion, a bear, a leopard, and a fearsome beast with big teeth of iron. (Daniel 7:2-7) Daniel tells us that these beasts represent “kings,” or political kingdoms, that rule in succession over vast empires.—Daniel 7:17, 23.

Six Repeated Three Times—Why?

In the Scriptures, certain numbers have symbolic significance. The number seven, for example, is often used to symbolize that which is complete, or perfect, in God’s eyes. For instance, God’s creative week comprises seven ‘days,’ or extended time periods, during which God completely accomplishes his creative purpose regarding the earth. (Genesis 1:3–2:3) God’s “sayings” are like silver that has been “clarified seven times,” thus perfectly refined. (Psalm 12:6; Proverbs 30:5, 6) The leper Naaman was told to bathe seven times in the Jordan River, after which he was completely healed.—2 Kings 5:10, 14.

Six is one short of seven. Would it not be a fitting symbol of something imperfect, or defective, in God’s eyes? Yes, indeed! (1 Chronicles 20:6, 7) Moreover, six repeated three times, as 666, powerfully stresses that imperfection. That this is the correct view is supported by the fact that 666 is “a human number,” as we have considered. Thus, the beast’s record, its “human number,” and the number 666 itself all point to one unmistakable conclusion—gross shortcoming and failure in the eyes of Jehovah.

The portrayal of the beast’s deficiencies calls to mind what was said about King Belshazzar of ancient Babylon. Through Daniel, Jehovah said to that ruler: “You have been weighed in the balances and have been found deficient.” That very night Belshazzar was killed, and the mighty Babylonian Empire fell. (Daniel 5:27, 30) Likewise, God’s judgment of the political beast and of those with its mark spells the end of that entity and its supporters. In this instance, however, God will eradicate not just one political system but every vestige of human rule. (Daniel 2:44; Revelation 19:19, 20) How important, therefore, that we avoid having the deadly mark of the beast!

God’s Kingdom—Mankind’s Only Hope

When on earth, Jesus made God’s Kingdom the main theme of his preaching. (Luke 4:43) In his model prayer, sometimes called the Lord’s Prayer, Jesus taught his followers to pray for that Kingdom to come and for God’s will to be done here on earth. (Matthew 6:9, 10) The Kingdom is a government that will rule over the entire earth, not from some earthly capital, but from heaven. Hence, Jesus called it “the kingdom of the heavens.”—Matthew 11:12.

Who is better suited to be King of that Kingdom than Jesus Christ, the one who died for his future subjects? (Isaiah 9:6, 7; John 3:16) Soon this perfect Ruler, now a mighty spirit person, will hurl the beast, its kings, and its armies into “the fiery lake that burns with sulphur,” a symbol of complete destruction. But that is not all. Jesus will also get rid of Satan, something that no human could ever do.—Revelation 11:15; 19:16, 19-21; 20:2, 10.

God’s Kingdom will bring peace to all its obedient subjects. (Psalm 37:11, 29; 46:8, 9) Even sorrow, pain, and death will be no more. What a glorious prospect for those who remain free of the mark of the beast!—Revelation 21:3, 4.

14. gamergirl profile image84
    gamergirlposted 15 years ago

Revelation 13:18
    Here is wisdom. Let him that has understanding count the number of the beast: for it is the number of a man; and his number is Six hundred threescore and six.

Triangular numbers, subconsciously reinforcing the Trinity while referring to the beast, a man, though to understand the biblical mythos here is the whole of Revelation 13:

Please please please, when quoting the Bible, consider the entire context of the presented scenario and information.  Thank you!

15. profile image0
    sandra rinckposted 15 years ago

I thought the number 666 represented the number of men on Earth at one time in which case everything begins to die. 

million that is.

16. aka-dj profile image64
    aka-djposted 15 years ago

Thank you for that bit of information. However, when the writer of Revelation writes of (him), it is always in the singular. Speaking of a specific person, a coming world leader. Alongside of him will be a/the "false prophet", again, a single individual.
    As far a system, that is anti-christ, it is spoken of as a woman, (an harlot, at that).
    It might pay you to actually read Revelation chapter 13, to refresh your memory/understanding.
    smile

1. profile image0

You should know by now that everyone "thinks" their interpretation is right.  LOL.  smile

2. mohitmisra profile image61
      mohitmisraposted 15 years agoin reply to this

You are correct at the same time will he not have company?So both statements are correct.smile

17. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Nope Sandy, only his is THE TRUTH big_smile

1. profile image0

They are all telling the truth. lol. 

Friggin inane idiots.  Ok, idiots is mean, what I meant to say is, there is no God, at least thiers.  hahahhahahaha.

18. knolyourself profile image61
    knolyourselfposted 15 years ago

"The term anti christ is used to identify every one that refuses to recognize Jesus Christ as their Savior." Ah cool. That is a new one. Now when anyone asks me who I am, I get to say, 'who me?' 'I am the antichrist'. However so juvenile. But I believe in staying young.

19. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

ROFLMAO!

1. SparklingJewel profile image67
      SparklingJewelposted 15 years agoin reply to this

Misha...ROFLMAO? ya want to define that for me ? big_smile please

20. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Rolling On the Floor Laughing My A** Out smile

1. profile image0

A** off, not A** out.  lol tongue

21. Misha profile image63
    Mishaposted 15 years ago

Sorry my ESL tongue

1. dingdong profile image57
      dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

But, still you are good at internet language wink Aren't you? smile

1. Misha profile image63
        Mishaposted 15 years agoin reply to this

The moment I see one of your cleavages, I just go speechless and forget everything, so what language you are talking about, again? wink

1. dingdong profile image57
          dingdongposted 15 years agoin reply to this

I'm speechless big_smile

22. videobroker profile image60
    videobrokerposted 15 years ago

The number of the beast is actually your FICO score.  Average is 680.

1. profile image0

lol

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)