jump to last post 1-3 of 3 discussions (11 posts)

What is being a Christian mean to you?

1. momster profile image61
    momsterposted 4 years ago

There is many different views and opioions of what a christian is. This is a question for some inspiration knowledge of others views and opionions.

1. raging bile profile image76
      raging bileposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I am not a Christian. However, this does not mean I automatically dismiss the philosophy contained within the belief. Mahatma Gandhi had a picture of Jesus on his desk. When asked why he didn't become a Christian he replied with typical intuition, "When I see people living as Christians then I will become a Christian.".

2. 61
      jah1zposted 4 years ago in reply to this

.....as Jesus witnessed of the Pharisees and the Sudducee: "Do what they say but not what they do."

Christians in this age knows the virtures of being a Christian. Inwardly, they are hypocritical, deceitful, contemptuous, haters with racial pride. Thus applies to all that call themselves a Christian. Even the Pastors, Ministers, Rabbis, Pope, and such titles under the Christianity hierarchy.

The "Truths" and Man, do soon parts.

2. waynet profile image45
    waynetposted 4 years ago

The ability to be all righteous and the clever way in which they disregard any who believe the opposite....it's an outdated belief system that brainwashes the weak minded...being a Christian isn't all that fashionable these days!

1. jponiato profile image81
      jponiatoposted 4 years ago in reply to this

I agree that being a Christian isn't fashionable.  The definition I follow does differ from yours.  Mine is "To understand and follow the teachings of Christ."  I particularly like His messages concerning forgiveness, love, and tolerance.

1. waynet profile image45
        waynetposted 4 years ago in reply to this

You forgive me....awesome.....I was only mad at Jesus because he was not forthcoming with his stash of easter eggs....he wouldn't share them at all.

If you did something to offend me, I wasn't aware of it, so not sure what I would be forgiving you *for*.  I was merely pointing out how our definitions of Christianity differ.  Its a forum for discussion, after all.

Jesus did one thing right....giving us Easter eggs!

So which is it?  "...he wouldn't share them at all." or "Jesus did one thing right....giving us Easter eggs!"

He sold us the idea of sharing easter eggs, but he gave them all to himself....he was sneaky that way!

3. needmoretime profile image60
    needmoretimeposted 4 years ago

Bigotry and hedonism?

working