Do you have favorite old item of clothing you just can't do without?

Jump to Last Post 1-33 of 33 discussions (35 posts)
  1. profile image0
    Leta Sposted 15 years ago

I have a pair of black Steve Madden boots I bought in Brooklyn at a huge bargain for $25 about 7 years ago, and even though the zippers are all broken, I keep wearing them.  I have bought $90 replacements, so it isn't like that...  They just work!  The others are OK, but just aren't the same.  sad

I also have an old, old brown suede leather jacket that looks better and more seasoned every year, lol.

2. Uninvited Writer profile image79
    Uninvited Writerposted 15 years ago

I have a ratty old sweatshirt that I just love. It's about 10 years old. It's so comfortable that I can't bear to replace it. I only wear it at home though smile

3. LondonGirl profile image82
    LondonGirlposted 15 years ago

I have a white shirt that I nicked from my Dad when I was 14, that's 17 years ago. Once it got too worn and see-through, I dyed it dark purple. I only now wear it at home, really, it's too tatty for anything else, but sooooo nice.

4. earnestshub profile image79
    earnestshubposted 15 years ago

I can't throw away my old CAT short jacket. It is dirty, ripped, but oh so warm and light! I bought a new replacement CAT one which is even better, but the old one still feels like I was manufactured to fit it!

5. Teresa McGurk profile image61
    Teresa McGurkposted 15 years ago

It's an evening dress.  (I'm not the evening-dress kinda girl.)  It's black, and gorgeous, and I used to fit into it.  I wore it in a show (the only time I've ever sung on stage) and sang a Sapphire song (Pissing on a Skunk).

6. Cris A profile image60
    Cris Aposted 15 years ago

a comfy tattered faded with-buttons-missing very old denim jacket! but much loved nonetheless cool

7. profile image0
    C. C. Riterposted 15 years ago

a pair of Reboks I bought bacck in 86. the wife won't let me throw them out. I had sketched them with a chipmunk in them eating suflower seeds one day. Too sentimental for her.

8. laringo profile image61
    laringoposted 15 years ago

I have a sleeveless long dress that I use to wear to work over 10 years ago. I still have it and just can't seem to depart with it even with the ripped collar. I call it my house dress because obviously I only wear it in the house.It is really pathetic looking but I love it and it's comfortable.

9. sheenarobins profile image61
    sheenarobinsposted 15 years ago

hahahah. I have this old airline blanket that I had when I was in highschool. I still use it and love it. It looks very old and a little bit ugly but I still bring it along even when I travel. smile

10. TravelMonkey profile image60
    TravelMonkeyposted 15 years ago

I have a comfortable pair of joggers which are nearly up to me knees but regardless of what my friends and family say, I will never throw them out!!

11. profile image0

Then!  There's this old anorak-ish style, casual, light fleece jacket--grey--that has such a good cut that I keep on wearing it, even though it is getting very warn.  It just looks great thrown over jeans like a big cardigan and is so comfortable!

My BF calls it "Linus," after the cartoon character's blanket, lol.  Wonder why that is?  smile

12. EmeraldGrace profile image60
    EmeraldGraceposted 15 years ago

I think everybody does. I smiled just reading the question. I don't care if it's in style or not it's my black jacket. I wear it with everything from jeans to dress up.

13. relache profile image73
    relacheposted 15 years ago

Hmmm, I'd have to say it's my "tattoo shirt."  It's an old purple sleep shirt that's missing a few buttons and is now so worn and thin it's not even good for sleeping in anymore.  It's the shirt I put on when I get home from getting a new tattoo and need to wear something super soft that I don't mind getting a tad inky or ointment-y.

Yes, I have enough tattoos to have a tattoo shirt...

14. Dame Scribe profile image56
    Dame Scribeposted 15 years ago

My childrens winter jackets...tongue lol

15. Pest profile image78
    Pestposted 15 years ago

My ex girlfriends panties...I know she is coming back, i just know it!

1. kimback08 profile image59
      kimback08posted 15 years agoin reply to this

wtf?

16. AEvans profile image71
    AEvansposted 15 years ago

mmmm... my pair of Victora's Secret Shorts and my matching fleece shirt. Warm, comfy and relaxing. smile

17. profile image0
    jjrubioposted 15 years ago

Well I have an old Sweatshirt that was my late fiance's. It has sentimental value  to me and as old as it is I will never part with it.

18. MotherHubber profile image61
    MotherHubberposted 15 years ago

A cotton-kimono style robe that I stole from our honeymoon suite, Turtle Bay Resort, North Shore, Oahu, circa 2002.  It's been washed and worn so many times it feels like silk, not cotton.  I can't live without it, and I'll never throw it out.

19. profile image0

I have oh so many items, smile, but then, ahem, I admit to having filled more than one closet with clothes.

I also have a black velvet evening dress I bought with tip money when I worked as a waitress at the age of 18.  It's vintage circa 1940; bought at an antique shop.  Never found a time to wear it.  I just like looking at it and the feel of the velvet.

20. RKHenry profile image65
    RKHenryposted 15 years ago

Yeah, my entire wardrobe.  If my girlfriend had her way, it would've been tossed out the window long ago.

21. kerryg profile image85
    kerrygposted 15 years ago

I have a couple t-shirts that I've had for 15 and 13 years respectively. They would be completely see-through if they weren't such dark colors and they're much too ratty to wear anywhere except around the house or on the occasional hike, but they're so soft and comfortable I can't bear to get rid of them.

22. 2patricias profile image61
    2patriciasposted 15 years ago

I have a black dress with a low cut back, and a tiny waist.  In fact, the waist of the dress is smaller than my waist, which means I cannot wear it!  But my late mother gave it to me, so I cannot part with it.

23. mandybeau profile image57
    mandybeauposted 15 years ago

Jeans a pair of ghastly old 501's tatty as, If I go Country I wear them, everyone wonders why I haven't tossed them, and i must admit I wonder myself I guess that there are just some items, that you cannot bear to part with. Besides, which, no Charity shop would want them.

24. indian cooking profile image62
    indian cookingposted 15 years ago

My satin nightgown which is 10 years Old and gifted by Husband.

25. profile image53
    maribeth01posted 14 years ago

I have these lavender collared shirt. I am wearing it for almost 6 years. And the ring around the collar is still there. I use the shirt once a week.

26. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 14 years ago

I have a long surgical scrub robe that I've had for 30 years.  It's quite thin now.  I use it like a bathrobe.

27. profile image0
    mtsi1098posted 14 years ago

I have a pair of shorts with more holes in them then material.  I have had them for as long as I can remember

28. emievil profile image67
    emievilposted 14 years ago

My blue jacket, which was given to me in 1995. It's not that thick but it's comfortable and if it gets wet, it dries quickly.

29. Plus Size Fashion profile image59
    Plus Size Fashionposted 14 years ago

I have an old leather bomber jacket that I just love and wear regardless of if it's stylish or not.  Luckily they are back in style this year lol

30. Princessa profile image83
    Princessaposted 14 years ago

High heels wink

1. rebekahELLE profile image84
      rebekahELLEposted 14 years agoin reply to this

definitely black heels, so worn I can hear the nail when I walk. hmm  it clicks...

31. Ebower profile image82
    Ebowerposted 14 years ago

I have many t-shirts that I can't throw out due to sentimental value....Someday I'm going to make a t-shirt quilt out of all of them! tongue

32. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I did! My wife could live without it, so it's gone.

33. profile image50
    getyourgirlfbackposted 14 years ago

I have a tshirt from college my girlfriend gave me that I wear about once a week - It's starting to get really tattered and I'm broken up over it.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)