Who has tattoos? What do you thingk about them?...How many

Jump to Last Post 1-38 of 38 discussions (62 posts)
  1. Funkeysociety profile image60
    Funkeysocietyposted 14 years ago

Hey, hubbers,

Is 2010 and i notice more and more people with tattoos on there body, i have to admit i do have more then a few tattoos.

I feel that society's are more open minded now-end-days to people being a little "funkey". I in the other hand love inking my body, is a way of feeling complete with my self...is weird but is just does.

I have a right sleeve tattoo and working on my left sleeve (:

1. profile image0
      sophsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have 2 and plan on a few more, they are so addictive!! big_smile

Welcome to HP Funkey! smile

1. tobey100 profile image60
        tobey100posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Just one here.  Pegasus, right hip.  Helps cover a bullet hole believe it or not.

2. iskra1916 profile image60
      iskra1916posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have 16, last count if i remember correctly. They are all black ink & all have a meaning. They are all on my upper arms, shoulders & on the insides of my forearms. My wife has 6 tattoos & I like them a lot.

If i had more spare money i would definitely get more...

3. profile image0
      cosetteposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i dont have any but i am considering getting one. i will start out small though...

1. profile image0
        lynnechandlerposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I wish I lived near you, we could go together. I started out small with my first one and it just progressed from there.

4. goldenpath profile image68
      goldenpathposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I've got one.  Now that I am older I see the error in my own judgement at the time.  I reject the tattoo but it serves as a reminder that the body was not meant for a billboard.  Throughout history groups and societies have rebelled through the means of shaving heads and/or tattoos and also mutilation of the body.  Of course this is not the reason or intent of all who have tattoos but was mine at the time twenty years ago.

5. Deanna419 profile image60
      Deanna419posted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have 7 tattoos and want a lot more, just don't have the money for them! My husband is covered with tattoos. I happen to like tattoos, I think most of them are beautiful and it takes a lot of talent to be able to tattoo such intricate detail on someone's skin. Everyone has their own opinion on them, but do what you want with your own body and don't judge me for mine!

6. Sehnonimo profile image59
      Sehnonimoposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have a tattoo on my foot of four wolf paws.  I love that tattoos have such a rich history, and that it's a source of identity and symbolic of a time in life.  I was really going through an ordeal at the time, and saw no way to turn things around.  Then the idea of a tattoo popped into my head.  It wasn't the first time I thought of getting a tattoo, but  I was very serious about it when I got it.  I love my tattoo, it's placement, and it's symbolism....in fact, it made me want to get more!

7. profile image54
      buckeyegirl171posted 14 years agoin reply to this

Personally, I do have them. I think there's an amount where it gets to be too much. I don't think there is anything wrong with them. BUT depending on your job, tattoos are considered unperfessional. and 9 out of 10 times the person without the VISIBLE tattoos is hired.

2. blondepoet profile image66
    blondepoetposted 14 years ago

I have a little rose on my hip it's beautiful, just love it.

3. profile image0
    pinkyleeposted 14 years ago

i have a total of 5 with plans on getting more

4. Funkeysociety profile image60

That pretty cool! i have a few family members name, cross, pit-bull, and a few more things

1. figment profile image74
      figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I only have one, its on the inside of my wrist.  I didn't get it until I was 28. I want a bunch more.  I want a sleeve, even one on my temple

1. figment profile image74
        figmentposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I think they are sooo sexy

2. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

i have a cross, a crab with 69 in the middle reppin my zodiac sign, heart with an arrow through it, a bug head that im thinkin bout makin a caterpillar, and a bunny

5. profile image0
    TattoGuyposted 14 years ago

I love them, writing about them makes me money smile

1. Madison22 profile image60
      Madison22posted 14 years agoin reply to this

There are actually a couple I've seen on your hubs that I would consider for my next one. Keep'em coming tattoGuy!

6. Funkeysociety profile image60

Great tip! TattoGuy

7. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
    Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years ago

Tattoos, dont they put them on ya using like needles and stuff???

That's way to scary for me.

1. Mikel G Roberts profile image74
      Mikel G Robertsposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I have 4 so far...(grinning) pictures in one of my hubs, I can't remember which...

8. profile image0
    Ghost32posted 14 years ago

Got a few, my most in-your-face version being the one on the left forearm--a Liberty Bell coupled with a banner proclaiming the New Hampshire state motto,

LIVE FREE OR DIE.

1. profile image0
      pinkyleeposted 14 years agoin reply to this

thats awesome

2. Misha profile image63
      Mishaposted 14 years agoin reply to this
      1. cheaptrick profile image75
        cheaptrickposted 14 years agoin reply to this

That was The Best Misha,just the Best.lololol

9. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

I've got one and plan to get more.

I have 2 very special goal and plan to get one for them.

The other one I just really want big_smile

Places got one on my neck- vines and hearts.

Want to get one behind my ear, on my hip bone, 4th one not sure.

I also want one down my spine...not sure yet.

I love them. The natives of the island where I was born believed in tattoos and I'm part of one them, that is Carib.

But I like the idea of getting them based on something VERY special.

10. Sa Toya profile image83
    Sa Toyaposted 14 years ago

Forgot to say welcome to HP, Funkey big_smile

11. prettydarkhorse profile image64
    prettydarkhorseposted 14 years ago

its cool, I have one a small dragon at my back shoulder

12. donotfear profile image83
    donotfearposted 14 years ago

I finally got a tattoo in 1996. It is on my stomach, low on the right. It is very symbolic for me. It is a dove emerging from a broken heart. Has lots of meaning.

13. profile image0
    lynnechandlerposted 14 years ago

Cool, sexy and have 4 total. More money and I would have more.

14. profile image0
    cosetteposted 14 years ago

me too! i am a big chicken wink

(just with needles though for some reason)

1. AdsenseStrategies profile image63
      AdsenseStrategiesposted 14 years agoin reply to this

Then clearly the answer is obvious...

1. profile image0

overcome my fear and get to it, right? smile

No, get a tattoo of a big chicken :-p

1. profile image0

haha! big_smile smile

Like this

15. profile image0

Ha, had to lay down on the table when they pierced my bellybutton. It didn't hurt but the thought of the size of that needle, hehe.

The tattoo gun really isn't much like a needle at all more like carpet burn.

16. profile image0

omg

pierced bellybutton

gah yikes

good for you smile

those are pretty sexy, i have to say. i may just get a tiny butterfly on my shoulder. i know that is tame but that creature speaks to me in many ways. i guess everyone gets a butterfly though, hmm? maybe i will get the Chinese character for "butterfly" that would be kind of different.

17. profile image0

you get what you like. I started with a GA Peach on my left shoulder, went back a week later and had the belly button pierced and a rose with a heart shaped leaf done on my right hip. A year later I went back for the major art.

My tramp stamp though I hate that description is a psychedelic mushroom from the Grateful Dead era with a half naked pixie on top. It is complete with a grassy area that the mushroom seems to thrive from. That one took 4 hrs to complete as it had to be created. I had two different pictures the dude merged to create the one and it is quite colorful.

The final one came when my divorce from monster man became final in '06. It is a lady bug on a leaf on my right ankle.

1. profile image0

i'm smiling so big right now...that is freakin awesome! especially that ladybug.

if they can turn this into a small tattoo, i'm there...smile

http://i48.tinypic.com/j0xitj.jpg

18. europewalker profile image79
    europewalkerposted 14 years ago

I have a cross on my back shoulder, would like to get another one.

19. I*n*v*i*c*t*u*s profile image60
    I*n*v*i*c*t*u*sposted 14 years ago

I have a sun and moon encompassed into 'one circle' with the rays of the sun out-lining the whole..on my inner ankle
    This is very symbolic to me FOREVER..and it never loses it's importance, nor my love of it.
    To me, tats are very personal and special. Though, I've witnessed an array of difference..
    I can happily say, I had a vision and waited for a few years to do it.. knowing it would be permanent. And I have not ever regretted a day... smile

20. Hokey profile image61
    Hokeyposted 14 years ago

I have tattoos. I love them.

21. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

Tatoos are a personal decision there not for me but, Hey what do I know?

22. KCC Big Country profile image84
    KCC Big Countryposted 14 years ago

I do not find tattoos attractive, cute or sexy at all.  I do respect one's decision to have them if they want them.

1. Rochelle Frank profile image90
      Rochelle Frankposted 14 years agoin reply to this

I don't care if people want tattoos, but I agree with you.
      Why do people think they are sexy? And how come so many people say they "love" their tattoos? Can you show love for a tattoo by forgiving it, or helping it through a difficult situation, or doing something nice for it?

23. profile image0

'k, that is cool...

24. World Marketing profile image40
    World Marketingposted 14 years ago

I love them my girlfriend, sister,and cousins have them. but to have a tattoo on me ummmm i dont know. what i dont like is how people with tats get judged on everything they do because of the Tats they have on.

25. profile image0
    Justine76posted 14 years ago

Ive got four, I am getting more!!!

26. Maddie Ruud profile image73
    Maddie Ruudposted 14 years ago

I have three.  My first was the phases of the moon around my left ankle.  About a year later, I had a tattoo artist freehand an anklet of thorns just below the moons.  The last one is the the Norse bindrune meaning "balanced joy" on the back of my neck.  I'm not planning any more right now, but I'm not ruling out the possiblity that I might change my mind later in life.

27. profile image0
    A Texanposted 14 years ago

Tattoos really allow people to express their individuality, well it used to before everyone had one, now its just kinda lame!

28. packerpack profile image59
    packerpackposted 14 years ago

Personally I do not have problem anyone wearing a tattoo but do not like it on myself. So far other are concerned I have no problem so long it is not overdone ..... commo you cannot just have your whole face tattooed and expect people not to react saying that it is your personal choice!

29. yenajeon profile image71
    yenajeonposted 14 years ago

I want one SO badly but I know I'll absolutely hate it by the time I'm 30. However.. my kitty, whom I was absolutely in love with is gone so.....

30. Mieka profile image62
    Miekaposted 14 years ago

I've got 2 so far, but I'm not done yet smile I love behind the ear, maybe that'ss be my next project. I tend to take a couple years of thinking it over before I get one though smile

31. shai77 profile image81
    shai77posted 14 years ago

Don't have any ,but i love writing about them.
    Maby one day..

32. profile image0
    sneakorocksolidposted 14 years ago

I only do lick-em-ons!big_smile

33. profile image0
    moonphlowerposted 14 years ago

I have one on my left ankle.  Love them and am planning to get more!!  smile

34. aware profile image66
    awareposted 14 years ago

i have 4 all black ink only  all are under clothing  .  my first one i did myself with Indian ink and a needle. two i drew the designs myself. and the forth is Libra in roman text across my back.  outlining hurts most . each one i got was because i was in a  rut so to speak in life  and were a attempt to change  direction. i have no regrets

35. profile image0
    Tilecleaninghubposted 14 years ago

I am totally do not get the tatoo thing.  I wanted one one time but spent 6 months trying to decide on what to get, where to put it etc...  Finally never ended up getting one.  How do you finally decide on something gonna be with you rest of your life.  Too much thinking involved for me.

36. taganisted profile image60
    taganistedposted 14 years ago

I have two, my second is a pin-up dominatrix on my right shoulder blade. I wanted her for three years before i got her, that was three years ago and i haven't regreted her yet smile My partner has upwards of thirty tattoos, and i love them on him, although i don't know why!

37. profile image0
    Onusonusposted 14 years ago

My left arm is replete with images of flesh eating Zombies, graveyard scenes, and other gruesome monsters. Lots of blood and guts.

Opinions change but tattoos are forever.

38. bellawoods profile image58
    bellawoodsposted 14 years ago

I know a lot of celebrities who are sporting henna tattoos and even ink tattoos.. from rock stars to actresses and models..

Some people assume that tattooed people are messy and ungrounded individuals but for me, tattooing is not a definition of ones personality because it is an art and outlet for self expression.

I think it's cool and fashionable! But, If i have to have a tattoo, I would prefer it to be a henna tattoo because its temporary and I can wear different designs every time..

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)