How to Have a Safe Summer Outing or Vacation
Summer is fast approaching but to have complete fun precautions should be observed.
Imagine this, frolic in the fine sand near the nearby sea or river, having a truly delectable picnic underneath the shades of the trees around, playing volleyball with your friends or loved one and swimming under the blistering heat of the sun, whoa, this is indeed a treat that everyone will certainly enjoy. Fun and laughter will definitely never stop. How about a trip to some paradise-like beaches, this will certainly be a pure pleasure because you’ll get to see the splendors of the area with gusto as you can opt to have a kayak, cave exploration, island hopping and many more. Summer is indeed one of the most anticipated seasons of the year, and the way to beat the heat is going to beaches, resorts or even swimming pools. But to ensure the safety of everyone that will partake in this fun filled activity everyone must follow some guidelines, though. Here are some safety swimming tips provided by the National Association of Independent Travel Agencies (NAITA), to avoid unwanted accidents whilst enjoying the summer heat.
- How to Spend Your Summer Vacation
Summer classes can indeed be dull and boring, but hold for a minute and think again. If you have friends who are willing to enroll with you, why not tag them along to spend recreational activities to...
Here are some safety swimming tips provided by the National Association of Independent Travel Agencies (NAITA), to avoid unwanted accidents whilst enjoying the
- Do not swim alone. A cramp happens and even if you are good in swimming, there is chance you’ll get drowned.
- Always keep an eye on your child, the young ones are very prone to drowning since they instantly move from one place to another, as they can be enticed to swim or get carried away by the currents.
- When the water is less than twelve feet do not dive, I knew two people already that dived in shallow pool and ended up wounded and bloodied and needs several stitches to close them, whew. One is a fellow excursionist while I’m in my collegiate years and one our student in my present work.
- Do not eat foods while you swim, hehehe, the water is the place to swim not to eat. It is also advisable not to chew gums.
- It’s definitely dangerous to push others or simply play around with others while swimming. Doing this is a bad joke since the one that you are pecking might not be good in swimming and might cause panic on her/his part when pushed down the pool.
- Stay away from areas that are unsafe to swim.
- Don’t overestimate the swimming skills of anyone and do not rely on flotation stuffs.
- Take various signs that are posted around. Shun away from sharp edges and cliffs, for these are potential cause of cuts and even nasty wounds.
- Check the depth and current of water before swimming.
- Do not run into the waves for you might get bowled over literally, just like a pin getting hit by a bowling ball.
- Don’t stay too long under the sun. Use sunscreen to avoid sunburn.
- It is not advisable to save somebody else that is drowning unless you are trained to do so and you have necessary life saving equipments. A drowning person will likely panic in time of distress and could pull down the rescuer, this incident can be very dangerous especially if the current around is strong. A better alternative is throw flotation device and pull up the drowning person.
- If the victim is unconscious and not breathing, give two
slow rescue breaths, if this rescue breath finds their marks give
cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR). However, if it does not go in, the
rescuer should reposition the airway and try again. CPR, should go until life
support comes in to the rescue. My college friends then went to a resort and that almost turned into a disaster since one almost drowned but saved on time, good thing is she was given appropriate CPR by one of our male classmate, hehehe, a life saving kiss, that is.
- Parents should be vigilant and on alert for symptoms of heat exhaustion which includes paleness, cold and moist skin, sweating. Headache, nausea and increased pulse rate.
In a country surrounded by beaches and most of them at par best with other countries in the world, it is not surprising if you will hear some news of people getting drowned. Life is indeed precious for all of us, for each of us will live only once. Deaths attributed to swimming because of neligence can always be prevented. When I was young, well many moons ago, two neighboring kids of mine were drowned, one in a nearby river while the other at the nearby beach which is located at the Tondaligan Blue Beach in Dagupan City. Time and time again we need to be careful while having some fun under the sun.
- Philippines Hidden Paradise, The El Nido
Comprising 45 jagged and enthralling islands and islets that boasts of distinct features, El Nido which is one of the most sought after tourist destination in the province of Palawan in the Philippines is a...
- Boracay Hotels
Your guide to boracay hotels information and reviews
- Boracay Island and Puerto Galera the Top Two Beaches in the Philippines
The Philippines is endowed with great beaches that will definitely give pure pleasure to all of its visitors. With its randomly crafted rock cliffs, white powdery sand, crystalline and serene waters,...
- Caramoan, Camarines Sur, The Site of Five Survivor Editions
What does Fiji, Thailand, Australia, Indonesia, Palau and Philippines in common these countries already played hosts to different Survivor editions (United States and or other countries). A reality TV show,...
- Nice Places and Beaches to Visit in the Philippines
The Philippines is so blessed with nature's bounty, and some of these can even be likened to paradise hidden and spread throughout her majestic archipelago. Many believed that most great places are somewhat...
- How to get along well with your family
- How to be Good Parents Through Sports
- How to grow in your family :: How to be a good and cool member of the family
- How to plan recreational activities for families
- How to Have a Safe Summer Outing or Vacation
- The Different Housing Problems of the Family
- Filipino Family Values
- The Typical Filipino Family
- Characteristics and Features of an Ideal House
- Necessary traits to keep the family in harmony
- Characteristics typical to different positions in the family:
- What are the needs of parents and children
- Effective Tips to Raise Children With Special Needs and Disabilities
- How to Boost Your Child's Eating Habits
- How to Survive Grief When Your Loved One Dies
More by this Author
What's so important about intramural sports events at school? This article lists the benefits.
The Philippines is endowed with great beaches that will definitely give pure pleasure to all of its visitors. With its randomly crafted rock cliffs, white powdery sand, crystalline and serene waters, many fun-filled...
This is a tribute to the planet we call home since she will be celebrating her birthday in the days to come and this is actually first of two parts. The Philippines is indeed a haven for wonderful animals whether they...