Queensland Floods

Jump to Last Post 1-50 of 89 discussions (154 posts)
  1. barryrutherford profile image75
    barryrutherfordposted 13 years ago

An area greater area  than France  & Germany combined is now underwater in Queensland.

Rockhampton is expected to be cut off this weekend including the Airport. Helicopter will be the only way in and out of Rockhampton.  That will cut off the road supplies to the North.

1. rmcrayne profile image90
      rmcrayneposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Wow Barry, this is shocking. Hoping for everyone's safety.

2. Shinkicker profile image54
      Shinkickerposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Couldn't believe I was watching scenes from Australia on the TV. Shocking disaster

2. barryrutherford profile image75

You can make a donation to help people who have lost everything here

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/

3. barryrutherford profile image75

Just an update on the floods.  Water continues to rise in Rockhampton.  The Airport is now closed to winged aircraft and the road south is closed.  The road north is expected to close late this afternoon or tonight.

4. barryrutherford profile image75

Yes the floods have been decribed as of 'biblical' proportions
    Rockhampton is a town/city of 75,000 + people now cut off from other than by chopper

1. profile image0
      Baileybearposted 13 years agoin reply to this

biblical proportions?  Yeah, right! 

We moved here 3 years ago when still in drought.  Looks like all the rain is making up for the drought.  The frogs are croaking happily though

5. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

Let’s hope the emergency response is not a shameful fiasco like Katrina/New Orleans.

6. barryrutherford profile image75

No they seem to be incredibly well organised.  All ready the supermarkets were filled by semi-trailers during the night before the city  became cut off.  The airport Tower has been protected by barracks so it can still operate choppers etc.  There are hundreds of  State Emergegency Volunteers their & the Army have set up a village which can accomodate people & are dropping supplies into remote homesteads by Blackhawk helicopters

7. rmcrayne profile image90
    rmcrayneposted 13 years ago

That's good to hear.  Something to be proud of.

8. barryrutherford profile image75

The water is expected to remain around for at least a week so you could imagine many houses will be completely ruined immersed in water for so long...

9. profile image0
    Hovalisposted 13 years ago

It's been a weird year. Australia is really living up to Dorothea McKellar's poem. It really is either in drought or flood. We've been through the drought and now the floods have hit, and I've never seen it this bad. All these people who've been through over a decade of struggling through drought are now under water. New South Wales and Queensland have both been flooded, but Queensland has had the worst of it.

I think it can be hard to imagine for people who've not lived through this how bad this is going to be for all the people now under water. They will survive and eventually thrive, but this Christmas and New Year has not been great. Keep them in your thoughts even if you can't donate.

10. profile image0
    Toby Hansenposted 13 years ago

Having spent many years living in the Sunshine State, my thoughts and prayers go out to all those having to endure the worst flooding for up to fifty years.

A special personal prayer goes to "Mum" and all at Carinya Boarding House in Rocky.

We were in Brisbane during the '89 floods, and they were scary enough.

11. barryrutherford profile image75

Queensland towns & Cities remain in Flood in area the total  Size of NSW
    or France & Germany combined.  200,000 people are affected as is Coal & other mineral mining, sugar plantations & other crops  cattle, transport as well as the livelihoods of all those people and industries liked.  Road Rail & air transport is cut off other than by chopper to Rockhampton.
    Defence forces will be used to chopper in supplies

NB  more storms & rain is forcast

1. rebekahELLE profile image85
      rebekahELLEposted 13 years agoin reply to this

another sad story. hopefully lives will be saved. 
      my thoughts to all affected.

12. Abbasangel profile image64
    Abbasangelposted 13 years ago

I hope that everyone stays safe.

What is the name of that town that has been cut off for nearly two weeks?  I saw something on the news the other day.

This is so sad, its been like drought like conditions and when you think you are getting a break and getting rain, it destroys all the crops....

I hope the flooding ends soon, for you all...

13. barryrutherford profile image75

There are lots of small settlements and Homesteads that have been cut off
    for a few weeks.  A couple of major towns such as Bundarberg were inundated for over a week.No as the water moves both south and east the City of Rockhampton a major commercial hub for  Cattle, Dairy, Food- what sugar, mining and transport for goods all around the country & for export has been cut off. Fortunately the Government, Army SES a voluntary band emergency service volunteers generally have all been doing their best to ameliorate the damage done.  We are talking a massive area of watwer greater than the Land mass  of France.  Still the cost to Agriculture in particular and the loss of personal effects and the damage to houses and businesses will be huge.  All Australian's will pay for a while in higher prices for food.
    There is also damage to Bridges and railway lines which are essential for the transport of coal minerals etc...

If you can give something to the Qld Premiers Flood Relief Appeal this will help greatly individuals affected directly by the floods...

14. barryrutherford profile image75

THe Town of Emerald is now facing a giant clean up plus.  After a week or so of houses submerged in water mud has to be blasted from each house and the houses need to be completely rewired.  Hundreds Truckloads of white goods/carpet personal possessions have to be put in landfill-totally destroyed...

Reportedly the City of Rockhampton has reached its peak water height. It may stay high for a few days and take up to two weeks before cleaning & repairs..

the town of ST George is now bracing for it being being flooded twice in 12 months.  many had just fininshed fixed repairs from the last one...

15. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

Queensland could really do with a few years of getting just the right amount of rain. The media here (UK) seems a bit obsessed with the threat from crocodiles and snakes in the water, but the footage they are showing is heart-breaking and for the residents of the affected areas the floods must be devastating.

barryrutherfordposted 13 years agoin reply to this

The trouble is you cannot get flood insurance in those areas. As such the clean-up has to be done with help from every possible source. own savings govt charity support & fund raises which are starting to get well underway...

1. CMHypno profile image82
        CMHypnoposted 13 years agoin reply to this

We have similar problems with some areas in the UK which now get flooded regularly - the residents can't get flood insurance and also they can't sell their homes and move away as nobody will buy them because of lack of flood insurance. So they are trapped with no financial recourse. I hope that the flood waters recede quickly in Queensland and people can start putting their lives back together.

16. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...my thoughts go out to the folks caught up in the flooding...been paying attention to news reports and now reading this thread...

...from Canada

17. Flightkeeper profile image68
    Flightkeeperposted 13 years ago

It's a terrible disaster. It's great that the people are trying to do what they can and were trying to be as well prepared as they can.  It'll be a struggle at first but I think they'll do fine.

18. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Well 2 Positive Things Have Come Out Of This.. hmm

1) The NZ Government got their bums kicked for trying to send Disasterous Relief Workers to Oz.....
    They got told to send Real Hard Workers NOT Bloody Relievers who tend to the leftovers and only work part time. smile

2) The Queensland Bankers have had their bums kicked for insensitively releasing to the press, the lending ratios for those with Fixed Rate and Floating Mortgages! yikes

19. barryrutherford profile image75

The rain continues to come down in storms right across Queensland.  News of the floods are constantly moving story (pun intended) & continue to Flood the airwaves...

Tales of cows washing out to sea and a shipping containing ending up in someones front garden as well as other interesting tales abound...

100' s of Roads cut around the State

To their great credit the authorities  Govt very engaged Federal State & Local...
    & the Red Cross & lots of other volunteers...

Fundraising Telethon on tonight at  Brisbane Southbank

1. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
      SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years agoin reply to this

...wow...crazy time...when will it finally stop...........

20. barryrutherford profile image75

I've just come back from a bike ride & swim.  (In a pool) Rain continues to come down here in Brisbane Apart from that listening to the local ABC 612 Radio which  has been constant talkback around the clock on & useful information about roads being cut towns being flooded hundreds of motorists stranded between water cut towns sleeping in cars. Army is in there Prime Minister Julia Gillard has dropped into a number of towns today...

Weather forecast for the next few month's not so encouraging...

Flood level in Rockhampton still  9.1 metres

..9.1 metres....wow....this is just awful....those measurements usually refer to snow fall in the mountains....but rain...wow....can't even imagine that...it must be so surreal for those folks.....soooo devastating.....positive thoughts for the flooding to stop....and soon.....

21. Pearldiver profile image67
    Pearldiverposted 13 years ago

Well you've just received a plane load of Kiwi 'Full Time' Volunteers to help the cleanup. smile 
    I do hope the 2nd plane with the mops and sponges arrived safely too! hmm
    You can tell the Kiwis in the crowd... they are wearing black tee shirts with their snorkels! smile

...snorkels and tees?....i'll pay closer attention to the news....  big_smile....happy new year PD.....

22. barryrutherford profile image75

Queensland Flood Relief Appeal Telethon now underway

You can make a donation to help people who have lost everything here

http://www.qld.gov.au/floods/

or if you can ring  1800 219 028

23. barryrutherford profile image75

If your on Twitter you can follow all sort of interesting posts on
    the telethon appeal  by using this hashtag 

#9floodappeal

24. barryrutherford profile image75

**More Floods

For today Toowoomba near Brisbane cars being washed away including four wheel drives like toys...Toowomba like a war Zone 15 cars washed away...

Water heading towards Brisbane More rain expected to hit us in flood form Wednesday...

Power has had to be cut to Gympie.  20 metre flood height at Gympie
    Dalby & Maryborough also flooded

tonight!

Wivenhoe Dam overflowing still !

25. barryrutherford profile image75

Hi Baileybear where are you ?

1. profile image0

Near Brissy.  We are due to fly to NZ in a few days time and are hoping the pet kennels don't get flooded

26. barryrutherford profile image75

Incredible ABC footage of Toowoomba

on youtube:   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEBIZ2KLsPA

1. WryLilt profile image88
      WryLiltposted 13 years agoin reply to this

That's my town.

1. profile image0

Is your house soggy?  Toowoomba was so dry & now they've got too much rain at once.  The roads are flooded when the creek near my work overflow.  Dams were only 17% full when we moved here 3 years ago - now they have way too much water

1. WryLilt profile image88

Only had water flow through backyard and garage. But downtown was swept away and is severely damaged.

Naturally I did not know you lived there

Good to hear your safe Wrylit...

2. profile image0

wasn't that incredible  - an 8 m high wall of water washing thru a town on a mountain that only has a creek?

I've just come home from work before all the roads shut.  My work might get flooded - depends if creek rises a few more metres

2. Ginger Meow profile image67
      Ginger Meowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Unbelievable, I thought Toowoomba was on top of a range, and hence flood proof. I guess it goes to show that anywhere is not safe from flooding. Hope all are prepared in the Darling Downs!

Indeed downstram Rosewood downstream  water is heading towards Brisbane.

Issues with Wivenhoe Dam gates are open so more flooding downstream of that which is already inundated...

There is one Army Blackhawk with nightvision but conditions with weather have been poor for use of this in the Dark with weather...

I am preparing for minor Flooding at New Farm(inner Brisbane) on Wednesday I expect to be minor flooding here..

1. profile image0

I just heard on radio Wivenhoe was over 170% full (100% is considered full, & extra 50% allowed for flooding, but has exceeded that)

1. profile image0

why the wivenhoe dam( a giant artificial lake) is not allowed to exceed capacity:

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011 … 110758.htm

apparently it's up to 190% & rising.   If it fails, we will all drown

2. WryLilt profile image88

It's been named an "inland tsunami".

We had a huge amount of rain that caused a flash flood to sweep through the town. It receded after a few hours but left devastation in its wake. However the wall of water has since travelled down the range, through other towns and is heading to Brisbane. It's said to be about 8m high.

Brisbane suburbs that may flood: http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/quee … 5985228833

1. profile image0

brisbane CBD being evaculated as river broken banks

3. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

wow...your town?....amazing...i watched the video...i still can't get over the heights of the flooding  - 8 metres....just can't even get my head around what that looks like.....

27. barryrutherford profile image75

Grave fears for many people in the Lockyer Valley  Queensland  near

Brisbane

28. barryrutherford profile image75

Terrible footage of  Big houses being washes off their stumps in Grantham- Massive quick wall of water came through.  People stranded on roofs in Cars and house roofs some are safe in Grantham Primary School
    extent still of other still unknown...information coming via  612ABC Radio

...oh my..

Indeed an "Inland Sunami"  18.92 metres at Gatton recorded today exceed record set  in 1893

It's 12.30 am Tuesday here I'm all hyped up another poor nights sleep ahead..,

...poor you Barry - 'bout sleepless nights... and everyone else in the middle of this destruction......i'm sure it's very hard to sleep.....

....18.92?....that's just crazy sounding......i'm going google it to read any news on it....

...or 8.92.....doesn't really matter.....it's too much no matter what....

....are you being asked to evacuate where you are ....or is there even anywhere to go?

I'm pretty right in Brisbane CBD  are you on Twitter ?

...no - no twitter.....i've been  googling info. and looking around at what's happening....looked at a map...and getting updates from you......

If you want to join Twitter.  I am not pushing you.   I can add you & you will get a easy stream of info on Floods etc...

...ha ha ha...i've resisted twitter for a long time, facebook too....maybe for this reason only i'll join up and then cancel it.........  big_smile   ....i'll let you know....

29. barryrutherford profile image75

43 Helecopter rescues so far on rooftops in Grantham area

1. Abbasangel profile image64
      Abbasangelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Is that for the people who got trapped in the school!?!?!?! This is such a nightmare!

Do you know of any groups that are planning on organising volunteers to help rebuild when it settles up there?

Yes the School was the Highest point of Grantham so it was a perfect evacuation point -everyone there is safe.

Kangaroos are  jumping across the Gateway Motorway escaping water...

1. Abbasangel profile image64
          Abbasangelposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Gosh that would be a sight.... I am glad they are safe!! The whole situation bites but apparently when the water works its way through the river systems it has a good shot at fixing up the murray darling but such a horrific way to do it....

30. barryrutherford profile image75

More pain & damage to come  Inland Tsunami 'without notice' went through

Toowomba & Grantham few more deaths expected in Grantham

31. lindajot profile image65
    lindajotposted 13 years ago

I can't imagine the heartache and panic.  When you have no control over nature, it must be so frightening!   I so hope for some peace of mind soon for everyone.

32. barryrutherford profile image75

my street the drains r just starting to back up

33. barryrutherford profile image75

6,5000 homes in Brisbane expected to be flooded tommorow

1. profile image0

can take a zero off

**Update upto 40,000 properties now expected to be affected ....

34. barryrutherford profile image75

Yes 6,500 Homes  for Brisbane Area Alone

next king tide 3.00 am Wed  12.1.2011  then 2.00 om Wed EST   Eastern Standard time.

I have got some great photos on Facebook  just trying to find a way of sharing on Hubpages...

RT @QPSmedia: If you are outside of Australia and need urgent flood information, please contact +61 7 3055 6200 #thebigwet #qldfloods

A few pics via 3AW
    http://www.4bc.com.au/2011floods?selectedImage=2

http://twitpic.com/3p120d

1. profile image0

but now they're talking twice that

35. profile image0
    china manposted 13 years ago

Here in China I don't have tv and so only get my news from the net and that is so slow it almost doesn't work !

Thanks for keeping us all up to speed on this Barry and I hope this flood starts to recede soon.

36. barryrutherford profile image75

Thanks Chinaman!  We have two really big days coming up Tommorow & Thursday when Brisbane River Expected to peak. 

Will keep posting...

1. profile image0

unfortunately, they're not expecting the monsoon rain season to break up until autumn (when the hurricanes come?)

37. CMHypno profile image82
    CMHypnoposted 13 years ago

I hope that the next couple of days are not as bad as expected for you all - the pictures in the media are horrendous and I hope that all the missing people are found safe and that no more lives are lost. Ironically, last time I was in Brisbane it rained for the first time in 4 years, so you desperately need a few years of more balanced weather

1. profile image0
      JASON NICHOLSposted 13 years agoin reply to this

What do you all think that what will happen in these comming hours? Will these people survive? What more disasterous will happen? I hope and i am continusly praying for the people who have been fighting with this flood for their life.
      I hope they will surive and all the lost are found. I am feeling sad and feel like helping them. I have already donated 50000$. I wish that you all too donate and help them.  I will be posting soon.

38. barryrutherford profile image75

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=6 … =539237096

75% of Queensland has been declared a disaster zone, an area twice the size of Texas and over five times the United Kingdom

1. profile image0
      china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Good job there is only you and those other few ozzie geezers live round there then !!  Isn't earnest in that area ?  and what about kangaroo jase ?

1. profile image0

hey, I'm not a geezer.  We are hoping to get to the airport in morning as due to go to NZ

1. profile image0
          china manposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I saw you were leaving the sinking ship earlier big_smile  good luck with your flight and all - remember to take a camera and get a window seat.  Hope you are not off line too long - you are doing a great job whipping the religious threads into line.

1. profile image0

hopefully, I can get back on line soon, so that you can stop worrying about me drowning - the religionists will say I deserved it & the floods are my fault wink

2. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60

...i checked out the photos you posted....amazing what's happenened and is happening..

39. Rod Marsden profile image68
    Rod Marsdenposted 13 years ago

Baileybear, looks like there will be flooding in NSW as well. Grafton has been flooded in the past and it may get flooded again soon.

1. profile image0

yes, NSW seems to get it next

40. sofs profile image77
    sofsposted 13 years ago

Be safe all you lovely people in Australia.. This seem to be getting worse... Take care.

41. barryrutherford profile image75

Boats & Yachts have been floating away unmanned down the Brisbane River

during the night...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I hope the flood will subside there soon Barry.

42. barryrutherford profile image75

two more big days togo for now at least the rain has stopped  here.  now worried about river rising.  All the Dams are full to overflowing...

1. prettydarkhorse profile image63
      prettydarkhorseposted 13 years agoin reply to this

I think it take sometime for the dams to subside. Here, there is winterstorm too and they are predicting one to two feet of snow in some parts in the US - northeast

43. barryrutherford profile image75

Yes the flood gates are open literally.  issue is the big Wivenhoe Dam has been filling faster than it can be released...

44. Ginger Meow profile image67
    Ginger Meowposted 13 years ago

Just read Suncorp Stadium is on fire due to flood water causing a short circuit. Hope there is back up power from emergency generators to put the fire out!

Brisbane river to peak at 5.5 on Thursday, what is the height at the moment Barry?

45. Karanda profile image79
    Karandaposted 13 years ago

No update from Barry, hope all is well.

Latest reports say Brisbane (Queensland's capital city) is now slowly being swallowed by the floodwaters and the river is expected to peak in another eight hours. It is the freakiest thing watching on TV as the water creeps inch by inch through the suburbs.

It is estimated 80 suburbs will be inundated with water at some level. The CBD is at a standstill and over 120,000 homes are without power.

The repercussions will be enormous. The loss of life from an area west of the city has been confirmed at 12 but could still increase with 51 people still missing.

Thoughts go out to all.

46. SomewayOuttaHere profile image60
    SomewayOuttaHereposted 13 years ago

...thanks for the update...yea, hope all is well for all...

47. prettydarkhorse profile image63
    prettydarkhorseposted 13 years ago

In Sao Paulo Brazil as well floods killed 24 people already.
    Here in the US, the northeast part is having a winterstorm
    In January like last year in Haiti same day today. Natural calamities occur and are wreaking havoc.

Hope things will get better faster as floods are just terrible.

48. webgain profile image60
    webgainposted 13 years ago

The airport Tower has been protected via barracks so it can operate choppers.

49. ross670daw profile image60
    ross670dawposted 13 years ago

I sit in amazement watching Queensland be devastated with this flood disaster, the images are just unbelievable. My heart and thoughts go out to all those who have suffered loss in the past weeks.
    To date the death toll unfortunately has reached 15 with 60 people still unaccounted for and It could be weeks before the final toll is known. There have been numerous stories of heroism, escape and despair, with the recovery process ongoing. I'm afraid more terrible news will be realized in the days and weeks ahead. Thankfully the flood waters are subsiding in Queensland, but now are moving south into NSW and possibly Victoria. Let's not forget either, that our countrymen in Western Australia are battling bush fires too. It really is the land of extremes. I hope any Hubbers and their families caught up in this are safe well, I'm thinking of you all.
    I encourage all who are touched by this tragedy to dig deep and help our fellow human beings.

1. Ginger Meow profile image67
      Ginger Meowposted 13 years agoin reply to this

Well said ross, hope the next weekends weather predictions of a low crossing the coast near NSW and QLD borders does not pan out, otherwise it will be these floods all over again!

50. barryrutherford profile image75

Just retuned to a Computer.  I have been without power & still without power since Tuesday.  Many of the people in my street have lost everything.  I am ok; My street was inundated with water.

Jusy got onto a computer in the city...

1. Karanda profile image79
      Karandaposted 13 years agoin reply to this

So pleased to see you back on HubPages Barry. We have been watching the coverage in disbelief. Hope things settle down soon.

2. ross670daw profile image60
      ross670dawposted 13 years agoin reply to this

G'day Barry, good to hear you and your family are ok. What about your house? It's good to see the number of volunteers pouring into affected Brisbane suburbs to lend a hand, it's been amazing, I'm guessing that you're a part of that group too, hopefully there are plenty of em helping you as well. All the best mate.

working

This website uses cookies

As a user in the EEA, your approval is needed on a few things. To provide a better website experience, hubpages.com uses cookies (and other similar technologies) and may collect, process, and share personal data. Please choose which areas of our service you consent to our doing so.

For more information on managing or withdrawing consents and how we handle data, visit our Privacy Policy at: https://corp.maven.io/privacy-policy

Show Details
Necessary
HubPages Device IDThis is used to identify particular browsers or devices when the access the service, and is used for security reasons.
LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service.
Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)
AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)
HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized.
Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)
CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)
Google Hosted LibrariesJavascript software libraries such as jQuery are loaded at endpoints on the googleapis.com or gstatic.com domains, for performance and efficiency reasons. (Privacy Policy)
Features
Google Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)
Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
Google ChartsThis is used to display charts and graphs on articles and the author center. (Privacy Policy)
Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)
PaypalThis is used for a registered author who enrolls in the HubPages Earnings program and requests to be paid via PayPal. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)
MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)
Marketing
Google AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)
Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)
Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites.
Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service.
Statistics
Author Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide traffic data and reports to the authors of articles on the HubPages Service. (Privacy Policy)
ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)
Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
ClickscoThis is a data management platform studying reader behavior (Privacy Policy)