jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

How do I keep my cat out of the Christmas Tree?

1. Wendy Krick profile image74
    Wendy Krickposted 7 years ago

How do I keep my cat out of the Christmas Tree?

Every day she pulls down all of the ornaments and hides in the tree. I've tried putting aluminum foil on the bottom of the tree as well as orange peels. Any other suggestions.

2. tom hellert profile image59
    tom hellertposted 7 years ago

buy a taller tree *hehe*- actually i have seen anti cat spray or you spray your cat with water everytime he goes up there and gets the idea.

3. pinetreehugger profile image61
    pinetreehuggerposted 7 years ago

You might as well give up, because it not possible to keep a cat out of a Christmas tree.

4. sureye profile image56
    sureyeposted 7 years ago

my sister has a cat and what she does during this time of year is put some type of citrus juice in a spray bottle mixed with water and squirts the cat every time she gets near the tree....seems to work..

5. medicfrogs profile image77
    medicfrogsposted 7 years ago

our family had this problem when I was a kid. My dad had the genius idea to hide mothballs in the christmas tree, which kept the cat away. unfortunately it kind of ruined christmas for the rest of us too. mothballs stink -_-

6. Aussie_Striker profile image60
    Aussie_Strikerposted 7 years ago

Shoot it....

Ok that's mean but I guarantee it would work...lol

7. Powerful Pierre profile image79
    Powerful Pierreposted 7 years ago

we have a cat whom we give her own present and her own christmas ball which deters her from the tree a lot. But to keep her out 24-7 not possible. They go together like peanut butter and jam LOL  Good luck!!!!!

8. justmesuzanne profile image88
    justmesuzanneposted 7 years ago

You don't! Do what my cousin does! Decorate it with cat toys! smile

9. stclairjack profile image83
    stclairjackposted 7 years ago

electric fence charger,... works fantasic,... make sure your paid up on your home owners insurance,... seems like over kill so to speak, but i picked up and put back together the christmas tree often enough for it to look like a viable option one year,.. in the end i settled on the BB gun,... i must say it was effecive and satisfying.

working