jump to last post 1-9 of 9 discussions (9 posts)

What is the oddest combination of animals you've ever seen together, like birds

1. Charlu profile image81
    Charluposted 5 years ago

What is the oddest combination of animals you've ever seen together, like birds and cats, etc.?

What"s the oddest combination of animals that you've ever seen together even if it was on tv or in the movies?

https://usercontent1.hubstatic.com/6472288_f260.jpg

2. Life and Luxury profile image83
    Life and Luxuryposted 5 years ago

I love this question. Very original. I can't think of any real odd pairing except for when I was growing up. We had a cat that slept on top of our Doberman Pinscher when the dog was laying or sleeping.

3. Scribenet profile image84
    Scribenetposted 5 years ago

The two oddest combination of animals I have seen were two chickens sleeping on an old dog while he napped and the other...a squirrel at the same dish as kittens!

4. Nettlemere profile image93
    Nettlemereposted 5 years ago

I used to keep rabbits on the floor of an aviary containing zebra finches and canaries. One of the zebra finches used to fly down and perch on the rabbit's back and collect any loose hair for lining its nest.

5. ShootersCenter profile image72
    ShootersCenterposted 5 years ago

https://usercontent2.hubstatic.com/6473515_f260.jpg

Our rooster used to share the dogs bed with them in the doghouse instead of sleeping with the chickens in their coop. We used to laugh and say that with all those hens it's just sex, sex, sex so the only way he could get some sleep was to be in the dog house. Here's a pic of a doe and coon sharing a meal, I have another where the coon is with a squirrel.

6. Seeker7 profile image96
    Seeker7posted 5 years ago

I saw a documentary on TV a few years ago and it was about a newborn lion cub that had been orphaned. The lion cub was rescued by a wildlife team and then adopted by a bitch dog who had just had 7 pups. Obviously they had to feed the lion cub seperately. But the cub would lie and sleep next to the bitch and her puppies. When they got a bit bigger it was amazing to see how gentle the lion cub was with all the dogs - I still think about that documentary to this day it was incredible!

7. pstraubie48 profile image87
    pstraubie48posted 5 years ago

A possum with my 13 kitties. We had a kind of half way house for animals till they could be placed with permanent homes. We had a possum we kept on our porch ...he learned to be potty trained and used the litter boxes like the kitties and the kitties just hought he was a strange looking kitty when he sidled up to the food dishes.

8. sgbrown profile image97
    sgbrownposted 5 years ago

While we were at the zoo once, we saw a pigmy goat standing on top of a galapogos turtle. He was just balancing there as the turtle slowing walked along.

9. CJWood71 profile image85
    CJWood71posted 5 years ago

When I was younger we had all kinds of animals as pets, but the thing that really stands out in my mind was our dog and one of our ducks.  The two of them were best friends and followed each other around.  The dog would even raise his head up and the duck would run his beak across the dog's neck.  It was the cutest thing.

working