jump to last post 1-10 of 10 discussions (19 posts)

Let us discuss about frogs!

1. wanzulfikri profile image61
    wanzulfikriposted 5 years ago

I am trying to find something interesting about frogs. Can anyone interset me with creative discussion about frogs?

1. couturepopcafe profile image60
      couturepopcafeposted 5 years agoin reply to this

I think toads spit a hallucinogenic substance and this is how they confuse their prey.  Never put your face near a toad, for real.

1. kmackey32 profile image82
        kmackey32posted 5 years agoin reply to this

Ooooh I must try this....lol

2. leahlefler profile image97
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

http://s1.hubimg.com/u/5720068.jpg

You can drop them.

1. frogdropping profile image85
      frogdroppingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

We absorb noisture through our skin. We can also utilise the extra oxygen. We cool smile

1. leahlefler profile image97
        leahleflerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Any animal that can breathe from gills and then grow lungs has my eternal respect. Amphibeae rock!

2. leahlefler profile image97
        leahleflerposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Frogdropping, what happened to the hub about owning a dragon?? That was my go-to funny story.

Now I'm sad.

1. frogdropping profile image85
          frogdroppingposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Moved. I have a web site (now) where I can write that kind of thing without mixing it with commercial content smile Kevin will be appearing there.

3. S G Hupp profile image74
    S G Huppposted 5 years ago

Um...OK...I have a 15 year old frog that we've had since he was a tadpole.  He lives in my kitchen and he sings but usually only late at night.  He doesn't care much for the cat or for being petted.  I've never dropped him...

4. wanzulfikri profile image61

I see, where can we drop them exactly? Into a volcano thus making them fine roasted frogs. Or maybe we can drop them into a hole and see how smart they are on escaping? Or better, we can drop them from our lives. Haha

1. S G Hupp profile image74
      S G Huppposted 5 years agoin reply to this

You can drop them into the kitchen garbage disposal.  I did that once--no harm done.

5. leahlefler profile image97
    leahleflerposted 5 years ago

On a more serious note, the Cane Toad produces a toxin (bufotenin) which is a controlled substance in Australia.

PSA for the week: Don't go around licking random toads. They might kill you!

6. Stacie L profile image89
    Stacie Lposted 5 years ago

The absence  or decreasing numbers of frogs in any area is an indication of an environmental problem...
    they are the eco-guinea pigs...hmm

7. Bard of Ely profile image87
    Bard of Elyposted 5 years ago

There are two types of frog found on Tenerife - the Stripeless Tree Frog, which is the commoner of the two, and the Iberian Water Frog. You can hear the  tree frogs singing in spring in the banana plantations where a lot of them live.

8. wanzulfikri profile image61

That's wonderful! Have anyone considered making frogs as their source of entertainment? Sometimes, I think that their croaks are beautiful to hear.

9. emievil profile image79
    emievilposted 5 years ago

We eat them. the safe ones that is big_smile.

1. wanzulfikri profile image61
      wanzulfikriposted 5 years agoin reply to this

Woah, eating them sounds...nice. Anyone tried eating a frog? Is it yummy? I'm guessing it tastes like chicken big_smile

1. emievil profile image79
        emievilposted 5 years agoin reply to this

It does. I love it deep fried, crunchy right down to the bones big_smile.

10. LeanMan profile image83
    LeanManposted 5 years ago

The village where I used to live had an annual frog migration, boy did the roads get slippery........................

working