jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

Tips for photographing babies

1. Princessa profile image86
    Princessaposted 7 years ago

Tips for photographing babies

2. breathe2travel profile image80
    breathe2travelposted 7 years ago

Personally, I prefer candid shots outdoors.  The lighting is beautiful.  Also, I love taking the kids to the beach and getting pics of them playing together.  smile

3. sudeep13582 profile image60
    sudeep13582posted 7 years ago

shoot your pics in the baby's eye level... leave you baby to walk around and shoot one of the moment , by sitting on your knees ... if baby is laying , you also lay down

4. Mezo profile image68
    Mezoposted 7 years ago

Tips and tricks for photographing babies and children. read more

5. Just_Rodney profile image80
    Just_Rodneyposted 7 years ago

Never use a flash, as it hurts there eyes, and flattens out their features. Let them do their own thing tell mom or proud dad to stop making them look at the camera, relax and wait for the moment,
    In other words one eye one the view finder and the other eye on the baby and wait.

6. Alayne Fenasci profile image60
    Alayne Fenasciposted 7 years ago

I'm assuming you're using a digital camera. Outdoor shots work best... no flash and much less lag. Indoors, it's very difficult not to use a flash because the longer exposure time of a natural light shot will cause the subject to blur if there is any movement at all -- even with a tripod. An external flash (if you have a DSLR) can help with this. It will still be a bright flash, but it will not be so direct in the baby's face. Catching the moment when the child is not looking directly at the camera will prevent a direct flash in the eyes. You'll get a less startled look that way too. If you can anticipate a pause in the child's movements and snap the picture then, it will turn out best.

If you want to practice before exhausting yourself and frustrating the child, take pictures of your pets. They also move quickly and don't like the bright flash, so you can figure out what will work best with your camera.