jump to last post 1-6 of 6 discussions (6 posts)

In your opinion, what profession is the most respected?

1. CWanamaker profile image98
    CWanamakerposted 6 years ago

In your opinion, what profession is the most respected?

2. yeshuaginsarret profile image44
    yeshuaginsarretposted 6 years ago

Teachers who witness what they teach....maybe?

3. aethelthryth profile image93
    aethelthrythposted 6 years ago

Anyone who can be labeled as a "scientist".  Because everybody assumes anyone who takes all the math and science classes needed to be called a scientist must be really smart.  So the average person will listen fairly uncritically to anyone called a "scientist" talking about anything, whether it's in the scientist's field or not, because they must know more than the average person. 

I think it's reasonable to assume a scientist is smart, but smart doesn't mean knowledgeable or wise. So scientists should be listened to, but critically.  And they should get less attention than those with actual experience in the subject under discussion.

4. mcrawford76 profile image82
    mcrawford76posted 6 years ago

For me I would have to say Police Officer. There aren't very many professions in the world where you're expected to risk your life every day for little more than minimum wage.

5. CeresTine profile image56
    CeresTineposted 6 years ago

Doctor. It takes so much time and resources to become one. And doctors have life-and-death situations on a regular basis. People also consult the expertise of a doctor in major life-changing health decisions. You just got to respect that.

6. taqiniazi profile image59
    taqiniaziposted 6 years ago

Teaching is most respected profession ...

working